Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,805 comments
Btw, @Famine I sometimes post something and then post or reply within ten minutes or so and get message not to ignore "merge reply" or what is correct name, multiple reply? I mean I am not doing that deliberately, I just replied to one person and within short moment reply to another. Hope I am not causing any troubles 😊

Another run this morning. Did use a ghost this time, but it was my own PB and was set as 0.0. It was actually quite educational. I was able to see where I could improve instead of trying my best to keep up with someone who's faster.

Bested my PB from last night 1/2 way into the session....loaded the new PB, and bested it again later on.

I'm pretty happy with the result....normally I wouldn't be able to get inside the 2% without chasing some fast ghost.

1000074641.jpg

Another run this morning. Did use a ghost this time, but it was my own PB and was set as 0.0. It was actually quite educational. I was able to see where I could improve instead of trying my best to keep up with someone who's faster.

Bested my PB from last night 1/2 way into the session....loaded the new PB, and bested it again later on.

I'm pretty happy with the result....normally I wouldn't be able to get inside the 2% without chasing some fast ghost.

View attachment 1373721
Just what all the rest of us need. @Evilmuffin finding ways to be faster. :D

So this is my current stance....

Fuji TT: I used to really suck a lot here, but after looking back and thoroughly analyzing the tutorials and your comments now I just suck a lot

Sardinia TT: only lasts a week, which for me means 3 days as I am packing up my things for a week's vacation. Tidg classifies it difficult particularly for weight transfer, so I expect to repaint all the walls as a last activity before pulling down the power

Next session in a couple of hours, hopefully

zjn
Sardinia TT: only lasts a week, which for me means 3 days as I am packing up my things for a week's vacation. Tidg classifies it difficult particularly for weight transfer, so I expect to repaint all the walls as a last activity before pulling down the power
Yeah, it's not an easy one and if you see some orange paint of the walls, it's not my Lexus: I do not wall ride and I do not cheat using fast colour like @A_Higher_Place .... 👀
zjn
Next session in a couple of hours, hopefully
I wish you a successful session and lovely holidays, my friend :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not an easy one and if you see some orange paint of the walls, it's not my Lexus: I do not wall ride and I do not cheat using fast colour like @A_Higher_Place .... 👀
1721397362180.png

Wall riding is technique, wall painting is art.
I'm an artist
I wish you a successful session and lovely holidays, my friend :)
Thank you, I swear my belly will come back more weight transfer prone than before, but first I need to put a couple of bronze medals on the line.

zjn
View attachment 1373748

Wall riding is technique, wall painting is art.
I'm an artist

Thank you, I swear my belly will come back more weight transfer prone than before, but first I need to put a couple of bronze medals on the line.
Enjoy your vacation mate, it's always good to take a break after running so many laps on the track. I'm no good at art excepting making liveries and car photos in various places across the globe. Have you tried the new LFA challenge yet? Let us know when you return. I usually bring my smartphone when I'm travelling.

I need to try to reach silver today at Sardegna, the times have been altered due to someone beating Jeddah's record.

A lot of you guys are really fast on controller. May i ask who of you uses trigger effects on weak/strong and who uses these plastic thingies to extend the range if the triggers or the analog sticks? I ended up with weak throttle and strong break and am thinking of longer triggers and analog sticks and maybe even some extra buttons for shifting on the bottom (still feel the dualsense edge is too expensive). TTs bring out the competitive thinking process. ;)
One of the problems I had on the controller was if someone hit me (intentionally and hard) I was guaranteed to spin. With the DD Pro wheel turned up near 8 nM, guys hit me from the side continuously and I can normally save it.

190cb6daa4580-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gold on lap one... After being away from the PS5 for 10 days and full of @Dan_Tes jet lag. It's still yesterday for me currently. 😁

190cb8f90c514-screenshotUrl.jpg

Few laps later and a fair improvement. This one is fun if not a little tricky. This was my grind track when I was worried about credits so it's no surprise I'm where I'm at. I hope to find some more but I think my 2 👾 badges in a row is the streak.

New test in Sardegna :
It took me a long time to find my rhythm and my feelings from yesterday. I was no longer able to brake well and bring the car properly into the corners. And after many and many attempts and a few kilometers (120 kms) I finally managed to improve my time from yesterday and go under the 1'47 mark with a time of 1'46'973

1000001880.jpg

New test in Sardegna :
It took me a long time to find my rhythm and my feelings from yesterday. I was no longer able to brake well and bring the car properly into the corners. And after many and many attempts and a few kilometers (120 kms) I finally managed to improve my time from yesterday and go under the 1'47 mark with a time of 1'46'973

View attachment 1373762

Excellent as always, 🔥
I'm sure your wife and children are rooting you on, go jeje!!

Last edited:
Well I think most of the population on Earth who are drivers are men, in F1, rally and other racing events. My mom doesn't care about me spending 10-15 hours a day time trialing and playing gt7. It's funny how Jeddah gets #1 most of the time, we may as well start calling the lap challenges, "Jeddah's Smackdown Challenge!"

Meaning that he beats everyone's records everytime. I think he's had so many years of experience that he knows every track by heart no matter what car or equipment he uses.

Last edited:
@A_Higher_Place you're right, the Lego livery was the problem on my Lexus....

I've checked among the 38 pages for an orange livery, and found a nice one (on the last page, of course... :irked:) created by @Tomtomu12 (thanks to him):

1721405968367.png

1721406153814.png

Anyway, after this exciting interlude about design, I've decided to come back for another session on Sardegna.
Damned, this combo on AT and the heavy lexus with SS tires is really painful (as much as Brits at rugby, for example).

Probably thanks to the new livery, I've saved like 0.440 on my previous PB but I'm at the end of my life... I really don't know where and how to save 0.5 to enter in the gold territory.

1721406360831.png

1721406640544.png

S1: 37.284 - possibly my best S1 so far and I really can't improve it.
S2: 35.314 - +0.150 on my best S2.
S3: 35.518 - absolute best S3, the gain is clearly on this part.

I could probably try to shave few more tenths here and there but I'm sure it's not worth the efforts and the time. Plus, I have no fun to play this TT.

Have fun and happy lapping, everyone :)

A lot of you guys are really fast on controller. May i ask who of you uses trigger effects on weak/strong and who uses these plastic thingies to extend the range if the triggers or the analog sticks? I ended up with weak throttle and strong break and am thinking of longer triggers and analog sticks and maybe even some extra buttons for shifting on the bottom (still feel the dualsense edge is too expensive). TTs bring out the competitive thinking process. ;)
I tried trigger effects the first day and while it felt pretty cool I was slower with them on so I turned them off. The regular vibration gives me enough feedback. Could definitely be a matter of what you’re used to, as Hasnain touched upon. No extras for extending triggers or anything like that, using a standard DualSense.

I'm on 5 so I do have the haptic feedback, and it took me fairly long to get a feeling for it, started of weak because I was used to have none on PS4, but now I use strong, always, and never looked back, and I'm one of the few that uses R1+L1 for shifting, most use X and Square I think? Feels natural to me 😁😁
Yeah, I wonder what the trick to that is too? I usually have my controller sensitivity setting at a 8 or a 9, it only helps on certain tracks and cars. It doesn't always work like a magic wand. Changing the button configurations may also be the key for getting better trigger effects, it's gonna be a whole new adjustment for me though.
Controller sensitivity is not car or track dependend Chris, the difference is quite noticable if you ask me, in any timetrial, running on 1 is like trying to steer a pony ..in every car.

You can change the button configuration 6 times a week Chris but that ain't going to teach you the basics, racing lines, brakepoints and gearing... that is where you focus should be if you ask me, if you ride AT....fine ....if your lines are fine you can gold them.
We can all keep giving tons of advice every new timetrial but the advice is always the same in every separate private conversation
My mom doesn't care about me spending 10-15 hours a day time trialing and playing gt7.
So Chris, less hours, less Pizza, more racing basics 😁

Back