Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,840 comments
Morning Folks,

No time here to congratulate you all on your times on those nerveracking trials!
And for me bo more time to put in 😭🤣
I'm off to the Land of baguette, boeuf bourguignon and fruit du mer !

I wish you all lots of fun with that upcomming update, and ill check the thread regularely from my beachbed 🤪🤪

Have fun guys, I'm out! 🤣
Bienvenue et bonnes vacances (happy holidays) :)

Yesterday again tried with MT but with a higher TC as that's suiting me with this nervous car. Was able to better my time to 1:48:183 which was then about 4 tenths away from Gold category. Somehow I always am firmly in the Silver category.

This TT is fun but when everything is under control. The layout is good especially the middle sector. Still need to hook the right-left sequence which is slight uphill & then on a mini bridge. It's so easy to get all 4 wheels on the grass there.

Two days left , 1.49 update , Eiger Nordwand I am ready for you, new physics suspension, can't wait to get on some dirt track.... T minus 46 hours... Ah yes sorry admins and Seadog, not TT related, oh yes, I can say I hope for a dirt track TT now...have I said it before...damn 😁
1000025157.jpg
1000025158.jpg

Last edited:
Two days left , 1.49 update , Eiger Nordwand I am ready for you, new physics suspension, can't wait to get on some dirt track.... T minus 46 hours... Ah yes sorry admins and Seadog, not TT related, oh yes, I can say I hope for a dirt track TT now...have I said it before...damn 😁
View attachment 1374704View attachment 1374705
Can we assume that one of the two new TTs in 2 days time could be at the Eiger Nordwand track itself?

Get ready Titans to tackle even more of Sardegna!! I'm not at that level yet as I have a lot more work to do, but I'll get there. It's like trial and error doing these TT's. I'm guessing the next TT will be at Eiger Nordwand since PD always represents a track whenever it is included in the most recent update.

@Dolph Drago welcome back, it seems like this past weekend went by slow. I think the LFA is fun, it's not too bad to control, but I have to brake early if I want to clip each corner and have a strong line which will give me the highest amount of speed.

Well I gave up at Fuji, at least I made it in the 1'23.000 club; my PB was 1'23.916!

Last edited:
Can we assume that one of the two new TTs in 2 days time could be at the Eiger Nordwand track itself?
Never drove this circuit, it will be the first time for me (and possibly for some others too).

Got to assume Eiger will be the next TT. Will bring back nice memories.

But I'm even more interested in the physics change, feedback and detail is extra important for enjoyment if you are doing 100+ laps by yourself to shave off 0.01 seconds...

They have improved physics gradually but this is the first time (I think) PD has called it out in an update.

Never drove this circuit, it will be the first time for me (and possibly for some others too).

... mee too 🙄
And just looking at the thumbnail of the track makes me scary 🥵

Also never played a GT that had the Eiger Nordwand. Maybe we get it as a TT with the new Impreza 1998.

Hoping for a slow car at Tsukuba as the second TT as i want to get better there to use it as a Test Track and currently I'm not very consistent there.
I think a BMW car would suit that track better, I'm sure some won't agree with that. Well since I'm not doing Fuji anymore I'll just keep trying at Sardegna. It's weird how the windmills don't spin during a TT, but they do during a race.

Last edited:

... mee too 🙄
And just looking at the thumbnail of the track makes me scary 🥵
We're not going to get the full track, just a somewhat modified version of the short track
There's quite some confusion going on here (and why it's going on here is a different matter; we have plenty of other threads more suitable for discussing the update), but what we're getting is the full track, and the reverse track.

Eiger Nordwand Short Track is the name for the entire road course. It was originally called "The Eiger Nordwand" (GTHD), then "Eiger Nordwand" (GT5P), but became "Eiger Nordwand Short Track" in GT5. That's because the location became "Eiger Nordwand" with the addition of three off-road tracks (with some use of the road track in some cases).

The track map shown in the thumbnail of the link posted by @Pesselles is a combination of all four courses at the location and is not a course you could ever drive in any game. For the actual track we're getting - the original Eiger Nordwand, known as "Short Track" since GT5 - look at the thick black loop at the top-left of the image.

As for track modifications, I can see three and none are large changes to the layout of the racing surface. The bottom corner now looks like an elevated road section - precluding one of the off-road tracks which entered and exited the road course there - and the yump between the start line and the hairpin section is flattened off. However the biggest change is the relocation of the pit lane, which used to be ludicrously long and skip out the hairpins but is now off to the left of the track between the bottom and top corners, feeding out just as the cars enter the open-cut tunnel section.

And yes, it's pretty likely we're going to get a GTHD/GT5P-themed Eiger Nordwand time trial on Thursday morning.

Here it is, third improvement in row, all sub 49, direct capture:

OK, first of all, it's a good lap. However it can be better. First thing I notice is you are coasting way too much, that will say, you are not pressing brake nor gas, car just coast. In your video, I am now talking seconds in video, not actual lap time second, YouTube second, watch the video from second 39 to seconds 44, please watch it on YouTube with 0.25x speed so it's easy to see, within those five seconds, almost three seconds are coasting, and losing time, which can be improved in following way so you are not losing so much time cornering. So, right now, you brake full power, hold brakes and then release, you coast three seconds and then start accelerating. Change it to, full brake power for about a second, releasing brakes to 50% power and holding it like that for about a second, gradually releasing brakes until you reach apex, target, zero braking at apex, but keep in mind that you need to hold that brake until apex, why, braking helps car to rotate into corner, the more car rotated is, the earlier you can press acceleration pedal. So after apex, try to go on power as early as you can hold the car, that's earlier than you do in the video, but not full power, gently first 50% for short moment, half a second, then full gas. (Turn on counter steer to strong if needed).

You are repeating your way of driving through every corner, try my advice and I am sure you will get gold.
(If you remember, few days ago I posted video lap comparison Jeddah vs Holl01 Willow Springs, if you read my comments how Jeddah won sector 2 and how Holl01 won sector 3 it's the same technique, they rotated car at very corner in order to be able to go on gas as soon as possible, that's THE
1000025172.png
summary of video analysis)
So try to rotate car into corner the way how I described above and accelerate out of corner early and you will be having 🥇
Best of luck 🤞 you got this 👽

Last edited:
Back