Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,561 comments
Bravo mes amis !!!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
but you're starting to get a little too close....๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

...and he's already off into the sunset ๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 1367713
Yeah, sorry for that guys. I couldn't sleep because I had unfinished business ;)
I still think I have a 2:18 in me. Crucially, in this lap I missed a downshift before the last chicane, so I went through all of it in 2nd. I guess this alone would have gotten me very close to it.

Last edited:
Another test this morning with the Aston Martin '12, not convinced, the slowest car until now at Les Combes. Laps around 2:24-2:25, no interest to try further.

Then took back the Citroรซn GT and almost immediately beaten previous record by more than 0.4s and beaten again in next lap.

And had more than .6s gain at Les Combes at next lap but bottled it after that, so great potential still.
1905379dc8081-screenshotUrl.jpg

Optimal in the 2:20 ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
Thanks and full credit to the creator of this livery :) A very nice representation of the SuperGT GT300 Audi from a few years back!

T15 is hard for me as well, trail braking is a bit of hit or miss for me there even on my best lap in the video! I think you was ahead of me in the past 3 TT's anyways so I fully expected to be bumped down the order sooner or later :D
Naah I think this is it for me on Spa, ran a few minutes this morning, could bring down my S1 on 39.1 with the audi fairly consistent but totally kept screwing up T15 every time..... and due to the heatwave here I'm starting at 7 at work.... there goes my morning stint ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, so great job, this one is yours mate, besides... for a 17.8.... it all needs to be hit... no room for error ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

Finally, Jules came back home after a (disappointing) meeting with a German dri-(lo)-ver...
No offense Martin :lol:

This morning, Miss Jules was in a playful mode and asked me for a hot ride : "Treat me like a French car... ๐Ÿฅฐ ".

1719395904479.png

Sector 1: 39.917 : no significant improvment on that sector.

Sector 2: 1:04.198 : I was more comfortable here, less on brakes, better apexes, gas earlier, so...

Sector 3: 36.421 : a better finish too, with a good speed exit after Stavelot.

Many good news:
  • I've gained 0.356 sec on my previous PB
  • now, I see the entrance of the gold mine

As aliens are everywhere, I'll try to secure my next PB (as close as possible to 2:20 flat).

ATTACK!!

It's completely official. ๐Ÿ‘พ
IMG_7518.jpeg

You might be on to something ๐Ÿคช optimum way into the 1:49s but I just donโ€™t have time to put any more laps in I think ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ travesty, I think with double the mileage I could have got a 1:49.6 or 7

STILL I AM PLEASED WITH THAT. Steery cheat mode and gearbox sausing for the win!!

Finally, Jules came back home after a (disappointing) meeting with a German dri-(lo)-ver...
No offense Martin :lol:

This morning, Miss Jules was in a playful mode and asked me for a hot ride : "Treat me like a French car... ๐Ÿฅฐ ".

View attachment 1367785

Sector 1: 39.917 : no significant improvment on that sector.

Sector 2: 1:04.198 : I was more comfortable here, less on brakes, better apexes, gas earlier, so...

Sector 3: 36.421 : a better finish too, with a good speed exit after Stavelot.

Many good news:
  • I've gained 0.356 sec on my previous PB
  • now, I see the entrance of the gold mine

As aliens are everywhere, I'll try to secure my next PB (as close as possible to 2:20 flat).

ATTACK!!

Seems that there was not even chance for me against your french charme and your automatic transmission. :rolleyes:

french yes GIF

I cannot drive the Audi or the RS01 even if my life depended on it, but the NSX, it just clicked right away
Well I guess I can drive them after all :lol: Managed two 2:18.1xx with the Audi yesterday but the kids were climbing all over me so I couldn't hook up the lap. Had a 130km session with the Renault a moment ago and actually improved my time set with the NSX :)

1719404471815.jpg
1719404471799.jpg

So this is the second car for me into the 2:17s, I believe I can do the same with the Audi, will give it a go later on I hope :)

@AdxRE now waiting for your lap again! :D

Went incognito to rent out an AMG with my other profile last night. The car was introduced to me as "Helga" of rather hefty German build, loud voice and chain smoker, hearing a deep whisper in my ear: "Gib's mir!"

So I did...
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane__1.jpeg
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane__6.jpeg
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane__3.jpeg

(bronze drift challenge completed, search #gtplanet #drift #ikon313 for in game replay posted under GT7 profile raenderfarm)

Last edited:
Went incognito to rent out an AMG with my other profile last night. The car was introduced to me as "Helga" of rather hefty German build, loud voice and chain smoker, hearing a deep whisper in my ear: "Gib's mir!"

So I did...
View attachment 1367833View attachment 1367834View attachment 1367835

(bronze drift challenge completed, search #gtplanet #drift #ikon313 for in game replay posted under GT7 profile raenderfarm)

This is unbelievable. I can see but cannot trust my eyes. It is that smooth that I would usually look for the proof of fake but I trust you and am speechless. Thank you very much, guys! Hopefully we get another road car tomorrow...

So I did...
View attachment 1367833View attachment 1367834View attachment 1367835

Seems that Helga had some fun ๐Ÿ˜„
Incredible car control.

You definitely belong to the group of "Sideways-Aliens" qualified by the TT-DriftChallenge ๐Ÿ†

Thanks for sharing
Martin

Does anybody know what combination of buttons are the best for shifting the gears up and down? And also used for braking/accelerating. I've been using the L2 and R2 buttons for the gear shifts and sometimes the buttons gets stuck or doesn't work. Kinda annoying at times. It sets me back from my goal.

This is unbelievable. I can see but cannot trust my eyes. It is that smooth that I would usually look for the proof of fake but I trust you and am speechless. Thank you very much, guys! Hopefully we get another road car tomorrow...
Thank you. It does look smoother in replay outside the car than from the inside, though. Controller inputs seem a bit jaggy when correcting countersteer angle, resulting in the car wobbling or rocking back and forth a bit.
Seems that Helga had some fun ๐Ÿ˜„
Incredible car control.

You definitely belong to the group of "Sideways-Aliens" qualified by the TT-DriftChallenge ๐Ÿ†

Thanks for sharing
Martin
Thanks for the inspiration and challenging others to try this. Had a blast :)

Had to resort to the meta as I couldn't get below 2:19.3 with anything else. Just the usual, lot of time left, talent gauge close to empty. Caught in a @Jeje6410 @ScottPuss20 sandwich, while waiting to be run over by @GlockPants
Using the time to contemplate the similarity of bollocks and bollards.
View attachment 1367882
Would you mind sending me a FR when you have time. My PSN is DudeTuna. Thanks

Back