Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,500 comments
I need to be braver with the throttle.

Some improvement....EXACTLY the same time as my previously invalidate lap of 2:18.366 🤣

Still a somewhat messy second sector.....there are 2 or 3 corners I'm not confident with the coner entry at all.

@ScottPuss20 Not sure if you posted any new time or not. Didn't read all the post 🤪

View attachment 1367295
No, I haven't posted a new time. I'm still at a 2:18.505.

Jumped back into the AMG yesterday. Love this combo. Lately, I am always a week behind in these events. Can't wait for work life to return to normal once again.
Have a good week everyone.

19048e90fc441-screenshotUrl.jpg

Jumped back into the AMG yesterday. Love this combo. Lately, I am always a week behind in these events. Can't wait for work life to return to normal once again.
Have a good week everyone.

View attachment 1367312
Well you made a great improvement from that bronze 😉

I left this one at my first gold time thinking it wouldn't move again before it ends.... oh how I was wrong 😱

1:52.589 is my time
1:52.633 is now gold

1:52.702 was gold when I set my time
It's jumped by nearly 1 second
😬

Going to have to keep an eye on this one

Last edited:
Well you made a great improvement from that bronze 😉

I left this one at my first gold time thinking it wouldn't move again before it ends.... oh how I was wrong 😱

1:52.589 is my time
1:52.633 is now gold

1:52.702 was gold when I set my time
It's jumped by nearly 1 second
😬

Going to have to keep an eye on this one
It's a great combo. So satisfying when you nail the control of that oversteering monster.

I think you should be safe, but never leave it to chance. Get some laps in before it ends. These extra terrestrials love making last minute appearances 😄

ZEE
Thats an amazing time dude, bravo, whats your setup there for racing??? I'm curuous to use the Renualt is it stable?
I use Logitech G pro wheel and pedals

Renault is a good choice because the downforce is high making Eau rogue and other fast corners a little easier. Though it is turbo charged so can be tricky with boost and spinning at low speed. 911 is probably the easiest.

Last edited:
I use Logitech G pro wheel and pedals

Renault is a good choice because the downforce is high making Eau rogue and other fast corners a little easier. Though it is turbo charged so can be tricky at with boost. 911 is probably the easiest.
You are faster than me with almost every car (besides the Hyundai) but I like to add the '20 AMG as an easy car. Tons of downforce and additional roar and rumble come gratis... This car might get me sub-20, chasing @MUC76 and others. 🥸

Another run on lunch break, again with the Renault, with another livery though.

A little improvement, but gold (which as gone under the 2:21 mak now) feels very far away.
1904a4b98b737-screenshotUrl.jpg

No overall optimal improvement.

20 laps in a the moment.

Last edited:
Complicated weeks, both keeping up with TTs and posts is difficult.

Now I am left with a doubt.... do I read the whole thing, or do I skip to the end to find out that the suspects of killing the TT are always the same!!!?

I'm going to the end!

1719239397121.png

You are all guilty

As for me:
I did a few laps at Catalunya. I really like the combo very much, and I regret not being able to devote as much time to it as I would like. I am at 53.2xx with potential to get down into the 52s, which I saw in one lap invalidated by nothing.
I don't think I can get to gold, too bad I don't even have time to try.

I really like Spa, again very few laps, all in the Audi. I don't even really remember where I placed, I would say around 103.5 percent. I've lapped so little that I'm not even clear what aspirations I may have.

Let's see where the next days will lead me to

Some news from Belgium!

"Jarvis" had a serious crash at Combes and the costs to repair it is higher than a new car... #RIP

So, I've jumped in "Jules" (very French name for a French car) and applied a nice graphic livery:

1719250057948.jpeg

And guess what? Jules is really nice to drive, no understeer, no oversteer, no Greek-steer (the worst), just a very pleasant and fast machine with 7 gears !! If you haven't tried the R.S 01, you really should.

And thanks to Jules, I've gained more than 4 tenths on my previous PB with Jarvis:

1719250162293.jpeg

Sector 1: 39.786 - La Source is probably not perfectly optimal but I'm ok with Eau Rouge.

Sector 2: 1:04.281 - I've improved a lot here but it's far from enough. Still my weak spot.

Sector 3: 36.825 - Not sure if this score is ok or not but shaving some tenths should be doable.

As usual, the replay... bla bla bla.... for everyone:

1719251616421.png

I need to find 5 more tenths to enter the yellow territory. And if possibly around 10.000th...

ATTACK!!!

Last edited:
New session with the RS01.

Little improvement, bug big frustration, as I've seen numerous gains and lost in each laps.
1904ba01f2619-screenshotUrl.jpg

I can gain .3s to .4s just by nailing turn 1.
Eau-Rouge : not much to find, hit or miss each time
Les Combes - Malmedy : not much to gain
Double Gauche : .4s .5s if I nail it
Les Fagnes : .2s
Stavelot : hit or miss, alright when not miss
Blanchimont : succeeded going thru full throttle multiple times, needed for a good lap time
Final chicane : able to go through ok-ish but not every time

Nailing everything in a single lap could get me gold.

Last edited:
Hi fellas! I’m back after a few days away; thanks for all the well wishes! Still buzzing but suffering from cold/flu at the moment so my enthusiasm has been subdued 😬

Quick go on the trials today; the AMG at Catalunya Jesus wept, having to bring every trick in the book out to get this old boat round. How do PD make a car that weighs less than 1600kg feel like a grain barge!?? Lots of gearbox sausing and steery cheat mode as I don’t have much time for this one; I think I have a chance to get another top 100 here but I’m gonna have to grind probably more than I have time for 🤨

IMG_7485.jpeg

Into the 1:50s after a few miles 😁

Ooooooh new trial friend! Woweeee one of my favourite fun races is the Gr3 spicy 5 lap Spa race: I use one of the Astons usually (the one that sounds mega) but gave the Audi a go here; I find the mid engined cars can be real trouble on GT7 especially over curbs where they just seem to turn into fidget spinners but this is lovely. It’s one of the best sounding cars in the game I think, including the gearshifts which just sound so meaty

IMG_7486.jpeg

Nice start, I can get a lightning first sector but haven’t figured out the rest of it yet, really hoping I get time on this one… also I forgot to screenshot it but I downloaded a GTPLANET colour scheme that someone had created, I love it!!

Well, I went again with the AMG and improved to be safe.

I threw away a 1:51.8xx possibly 1:51.7xx lap on the last chicane as I was over 0.3xx up on my time and binned it 😢

I did keep trying and then my PB ghost vanished at the start of sector 3, it was still showing on the mini map but not on the track 🤔 I did try turning it on and off again with the mapped button and in settings but it didn't come back.

So restarted and went again, the end of my session was when the wife came in and said "can you turn the outside tap on" the slightest distraction and it was all over 🤣

1000009550.jpg

I was determined to get into the 51s but this will have to do.

Last edited:
Some news from Belgium!

"Jarvis" had a serious crash at Combes and the costs to repair it is higher than a new car... #RIP

So, I've jumped in "Jules" (very French name for a French car) and applied a nice graphic livery:

View attachment 1367392

And guess what? Jules is really nice to drive, no understeer, no oversteer, no Greek-steer (the worst), just a very pleasant and fast machine with 7 gears !! If you haven't tried the R.S 01, you really should.

And thanks to Jules, I've gained more than 4 tenths on my previous PB with Jarvis:

View attachment 1367393

Sector 1: 39.786 - La Source is probably not perfectly optimal but I'm ok with Eau Rouge.

Sector 2: 1:04.281 - I've improved a lot here but it's far from enough. Still my weak spot.

Sector 3: 36.825 - Not sure if this score is ok or not but shaving some tenths should be doable.

As usual, the replay... bla bla bla.... for everyone:

View attachment 1367406

I need to find 5 more tenths to enter the yellow territory. And if possibly around 10.000th...

ATTACK!!!
Lol, what is Greek-steer?

Day 2 with AMG at Catalunya.
Into gold, but had to resort to MT and it's very tricky for me to use
TT-CatalAMG-almost2.jpg

That does not satisfy me at all and despite my disgust with this car I will have to go back to it.
I don't know how you guys are so fast with this combo (actually I have a pretty good idea, but I'm reluctant to acknowledge my technical incompetence)...

Mind you, I'm on grandpa style technical input rig
Grandpa-style-buttons.jpg

picture courtesy of a kitty in sandals that does not remember his braking points and yet is still faster by a whole lot

Day 2 with AMG at Catalunya.
Into gold, but had to resort to MT and it's very tricky for me to use
View attachment 1367476
That does not satisfy me at all and despite my disgust with this car I will have to go back to it.
I don't know how you guys are so fast with this combo (actually I have a pretty good idea, but I'm reluctant to acknowledge my technical incompetence)...

Mind you, I'm on grandpa style technical input rig
View attachment 1367477
picture courtesy of a kitty in sandals that does not remember his braking points and yet is still faster by a whole lot
You do know why. It's the Saus as our resident Muffin man says. I didn't realize you played with AT. Even more impressive that I couldn't catch you the other day!!!! 🍻

Made some progress with the AMG over the weekend. Got the time down to a 1:50.763 which places me 139th currently. Will give this one a final go tonight and see if I can crack into the top 100 for the second time. Becoming apparent that the modern street cars seem to be my strength in this game. Pretty sure there is still a bit of time to be found around Catalunya but whether it will be achievable is yet to be seen.

Also put in a few sighter laps around Spa in the NSX JGTC, that car feels quite nice to drive so I'm happy to stick with it, although I may try some others as well. Initial time is a 2:18.844 which took me about 5 laps to achieve, and places me 1,723rd. Will continue with this but likely won't put too much effort into it.

Booo....that lap had such an average 3rd sector. Would've been a 2:17s if I nailed it.

View attachment 1367481

Man that NSX is fast in the first sector??.... or i am terrible on S1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are at 38.858..... i'm at 39.312.. thats more than half a second??...
the NSX does 263 km/h where the Audi ends at 258km/h in 5th on the backstraight in S1 and my T1 wasn't all that bad i think :lol:

Then you indeed loose a lot of time on the second sector 1:42.123 to a 1:41.950 ( i did missed my apex there by a gazillion miles btw ..... that's def worth a tenth at the end of the straight there..:lol::lol:

So no surprise you'll end up sub 18 mate, matter of time, go get it :bowdown:

Back