Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,974 comments
Had a much longer session than I should have done last night after a nice meal and some wine with friends. Went faster as I sobered up (surprise surprise)… have tried a few cars but so far I’m quickest in the 911 and just a shade behind in the McLaren. The 570 is more stable and I don’t have as much time in it as I do with the Porsche, so I expect to unlock some tenths with more practice. 911 on hard tires weirdly has no traction - it’s like that one trait got ‘adjusted’ in the last BoP update. Haven’t tried the NSX, Audi or Renault yet. Keeping my goals realistic for this one…
1719073631410.jpeg

Wow, that's impressive (I mean, really).

And I totaly second your opinion: the R.S. 01 is so underated!
Thanks a lot my friend !!!! it is really nice.
Yes, it is really underestimated because number I has had its day with this beautiful French car !!! It is very stable when braking and in curves and it has no understeer or oversteer. She is really great and pleasant.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot my friend !!!! it is really nice.
Yes, it is really underestimated because number 1 has had its day with this beautiful French car !!! It is very stable when braking and in curves and it has no understeer or oversteer. She is really great and pleasant.
You (and some other folks) motivated me to try it next. After all, world record is with it so...

Hey man, welcome back. I haven't seen you post in a while. I don't think I'm brave enough for the Spa TT yet. It's such a long track, not as bad as Green Hell, you know where that is. The Nurb.
You're welcome :)

But there's no secret in GT7, Chris.
If you want to improve your skills, you MUST practice, and not only where you're comfortable. Spa is a long track - more than 2 mns of extreme concentration - but not so complex. You can gold it too if you work, learn, and practice.

On the CE full lap with the RSR, I'm improved my PB from 1.3 second....
Because I've practiced, again, again, and again. Oh yeah of course, I've restarted many times but it's the only way to learn, and to improve.

May this example guide you.

Wow, busy thread in the last couple of days. I'll need to go back and catch up!

@Pesselles and @MidnightRun85 - nice liveries!!

Finally took a stint in the AMG at Catalunya this morning and it was pretty satisfying. I think I may already be close to my limit.

I might take another run before it ends to see if I can get under 2%, but now I want to focus my time on the Spa TT which I think I'm going to enjoy very much.

Edit: Just read through the thread. You guys have totally inspired me to get out to Spa!! I'm especially looking forward to comparing the Audi and the NSX.

TT_Catalunya_AMG.jpeg

Last edited:
I also wanted to let you all know that you can, in fact, go flat-out at both Eau Rogue/Raidillon and that broad left-hander that comes before the bus stop. No need to lift at all.

EDIT: I also find the R.S.01 GT3 an interesting anomaly of a Gr.3 car. Being turbocharged isn't too uncommon, sure, but you know what's truly odd? Having not six, but seven gears. To me, that seems much more common on various road cars as well as various Gr.4 cars, but I don't think any other Gr.3 machine has seven gears.

Last edited:
I don't use them. It is difficult enough for me to try and see and accurately use braking points, turn-in points and apexes without a partly see-through car distracting me, offset or not. I know many here swear by them, but I genuinely cannot get my head around how they are useful when following them. Once you know the lines, you know the lines. But each to their own and it is great that the feature is available for those who find it useful.

The benefit of those ghost files being saved is that you can use them to just watch the replays, giving you a chance to see one of the top driver's inputs. That I do use all the time.
I'm the same. Having a ghost to chase always destroys my lap somewhere along the line.

View attachment 1366960
More than 0.5 improvement, I really like that car 😁

Easy enough to go nearly flat out through Eau-Rouge and Blanchimont, most of the time gained was in Eau-Rouge 99% flat.

Overall optimal is in the 21s...
Amazing, mon ami!!
The 2nd sector kiils you (and me), but I'm sure you'll continue to improve and gain the highest reward ;)

I also wanted to let you all know that you can, in fact, go flat-out at both Eau Rogue/Raidillon and that broad left-hander that comes before the bus stop. No need to lift at all.

EDIT: I also find the R.S.01 GT3 an interesting anomaly of a Gr.3 car. Being turbocharged isn't too uncommon, sure, but you know what's truly odd? Having not six, but seven gears. To me, that seems much more common on various road cars as well as various Gr.4 cars, but I don't think any other Gr.3 machine has seven gears.
The 7th gear is kind of pointless in the RS01, at Spa you only need 6th at max

The wife went out to see one of her friends last night so I hopped online to gold the Merc before she got back.

After 2 laps I was 0.054 from gold, then lost my way a bit... but after 31 miles I was in gold and left it there.

I did actually enjoy this one, so may go back to improve it tomorrow.

1000009418.jpg

Replay shared with usual tags #gold #gtp #pcourty

I don't use them. It is difficult enough for me to try and see and accurately use braking points, turn-in points and apexes without a partly see-through car distracting me, offset or not. I know many here swear by them, but I genuinely cannot get my head around how they are useful when following them. Once you know the lines, you know the lines. But each to their own and it is great that the feature is available for those who find it useful.

The benefit of those ghost files being saved is that you can use them to just watch the replays, giving you a chance to see one of the top driver's inputs. That I do use all the time.
I don't normally use ghosts, the last time I did was the Olympic TT at Deep Forest, for that one I did find that the ghost helped me be more consistent through the squiggly bits at the start of the lap.
Though I don't know if I was actually quicker or not with it or whether it was just a lucky lap for me at the time

Had 30 mins to his afternoon so tried a couple of different cars. Corvette was nice and stable but struggled to get it rotated - best of 19.4. Jumped in the RS01 (a car I didn’t own and hadn’t used before) and after three laps was in the 18’s for a nearly 3 tenths improvement over my 911 time. Will be spending more time in the Renault in the next session
1719093288277.jpeg

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've posted last. And there are too many pages to even try to catch up on.

To say the least, it's been a busy couple weeks with my move. But I'm finally finding some seat time between runs to the store, furniture shopping or home improvement tasks while also spending time with my family now that I'm close to them again.

So I was surprised that I knocked out Gold on the two current TT's. Didn't take too long, either.

19042746e7e99-screenshotUrl.jpg
1904274558e71-screenshotUrl.jpg

I used Tidgney's lap guide for Barcelona. With only a few days left, I didn't want to waste time here.

1904274ae7674-screenshotUrl.jpg
19042748ff610-screenshotUrl.jpg

So I moved onto Spa. No guides for this one, just feeling the car and track out after dusting off the cobwebs.

We'll see if I am able to get more time in. Bummed that I missed Le Mans.

It's been a long time since I've posted last. And there are too many pages to even try to catch up on.

To say the least, it's been a busy couple weeks with my move. But I'm finally finding some seat time between runs to the store, furniture shopping or home improvement tasks while also spending time with my family now that I'm close to them again.

So I was surprised that I knocked out Gold on the two current TT's. Didn't take too long, either.

View attachment 1367032View attachment 1367033

I used Tidgney's lap guide for Barcelona. With only a few days left, I didn't want to waste time here.

View attachment 1367034View attachment 1367035

So I moved onto Spa. No guides for this one, just feeling the car and track out after dusting off the cobwebs.

We'll see if I am able to get more time in. Bummed that I missed Le Mans.
That's a great time for the 911, I struggled to get a 2:22 out of it!

Latest Posts

Back