• 27,770 comments
zjn
what a difference in % between RBR and SPA

In SPA I am 103,36% timewise and 18.75% in the overall leaderboard
In RBR I am 103,49% timewise and 12.00% in the overall leaderboard

Spa particullary bothered me.
I started last week end with the Audi to set something around 2:21.5xx
than moved to Porsche to get a 2:21.003 in just 2 laps

I was very happy about it and thought that I had still about 2 weeks ahead to improve with Porsche which seemed to be more in my chord

But no, I tried and Fri, on Saturday, and (a little bit) yesterday, and the only good time I places has been a 2:21.1xx
I found the Huracan really great on Spa. Also the Renault RS01 is a fantastic car for this TT. Maybe try one of those if you haven't already

Last edited:
IMG_1346.jpeg

I honestly thought Road Atlanta was going to be a nightmare for me. :boggled::)

Last edited:
Hi,

The TT at Spa is, by a country mile, the most difficult I have attempted so far. As it stands tonight, I am 4/100th's off a gold time. If I am not careful I am going to give myself a heart attack doing this! After a 20 minute session I am dripping with sweat and shaking like a greyhound having a poop!!!

I do have an optimal of 2:19:8xx in there though. The Porsche is going to do it for me. I hope!

The level of precision and accuracy required at all of the high speed corners is, quite simply, breathtaking. I am in awe of all of you who have gone faster than me! I am driving this thing like I stole it and I am still seconds off the pace.

Also - "A hats off" to all you folks who put up lap time guides and Youtube videos for us mortals. We all want to get quicker.
You guys who spend valuable time helping us to do so are awesome! Credit and kudos to you all. Thank you!!!

Right! Done gaming. Done waffling. Gin and tonic time! Cheers.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Hi,

The TT at Spa is, by a country mile, the most difficult I have attempted so far. As it stands tonight, I am 4/100th's off a gold time. If I am not careful I am going to give myself a heart attack doing this! After a 20 minute session I am dripping with sweat and shaking like a greyhound having a poop!!!
Yeah, you might want to sit out Road Atlanta, Ian ... 🤣 Spa is like a wellness trip (haha!) by comparison.

In other news: when the M3 TT launched, I would have never guessed that this would be my shot at entering the top 100, as I don't usually excel at road cars at all. And yet, amazingly, here I am:

1719861177581.png

It's gonna get tough to defend it until next Thursday, but I'll give it my everything. @330_D let's go get that 👽 badge! 💪

1719861390149.png

Yeah, you might want to sit out Road Atlanta, Ian ... 🤣 Spa is like a wellness trip (haha!) by comparison.

In other news: when the M3 TT launched, I would have never guessed that this would be my shot at entering the top 100, as I don't usually excel at road cars at all. And yet, amazingly, here I am:

View attachment 1369191

It's gonna get tough to defend it until next Thursday, but I'll give it my everything. @330_D let's go get that 👽 badge! 💪

View attachment 1369196
Absolute fire my friend. We always do best together I feel like... Well mostly. 😂🔥🔥🔥👾👾👾

Wow, it's already almost 4:30pm where we are. I'm going to bed, I may have to leave my time where it is at Spa, I just hope no aliens break any new records. 2'23.141

I think that is sufficient enough for silver don't you think?

Hey guys, I need to get some people in my PSN friends list who are hovering around my sort of times in these TTs. As it stands right now, I'm basically always right near the bottom of my own ranking board, and that's having a less than positive impact on my mental well-being! :lol: I need to have a few friends who might be slower than me once in a while lol. If you're a mid-silver to bronze guy hit me up! I'm currently sitting at about 3.7% at Spa and RBR, and I'm in bronze at 7% or something at RA. PSN - Zevious Zoquis

...or Zevious_Z I can't recall which one it is lol

Last edited:
Finally got my hands on the wheel since last thursday. Weeklies done, up to m3@rbr
First.. fast livery with a little bit of %% talent
1000017441.jpg

I find this tt fun even though I invalidate a lot of laps. As usual after I hit my skill wall (which is very quick) I load @djolliea ghost as I know its vr one... improvement!!! Getting the feel of the car, a lot of trial and error laps and I felt confident that I can get into 59s' club... but I put this lap. And I'm conflicted with myself as hell :) The time feels like safe for gold, so I'm going to try get gold at RA before next THU.
1000017442.jpg

Last edited:
Repainted the X'19 chrome black and went for three 20 minute sessions in another effort to lower my PB. Despite seeing aforementioned trend repeating I pushed on a little bit after taking little breaks. Glad I did, because in the last stint autopilot seems to have switched to autofocus and I managed to lay down a lap 2/10 quicker than any of my Opts before this. I'm a bit stoked. Don't know if I can improve any further on this.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240701225251.png

I was seriously chuffed about throwing away a 1:00.6XX right from the start.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240702000903.png

Then lowered to 1:00.7XX …
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240702003650.png

… and then this :)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240702004739.png

Made my way back into the top 100 for the first time since Brands, :dopey: but for how long? A near-perfect lap (by my standards) can get me into the 59.1's. Anything lower would take a miracle.
IMG_3309.jpg

And yet despite being in the top 100, I'm only 10th on my friends leaderboard. GTP is too damn fast! :lol: Not to mention there are a few drivers in this thread who are not even on my friends list ahead of me. Insane!
IMG_3310.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get in the gold zone at the BMW M3 TT, but it's gonna take lots of paying attention and focusing on the road. @Dolph Drago I may have to use and study your replay for an hour at least, I need an idea of where my braking points need to be. That first turn is a nasty one because the limit is thin, so it's easy to void the lap if you're not careful. I'm trying to get caught up on the very old posts from each and every page to learn any extra info that I might find useful out there on the tarmac.

I'm hoping to get in the gold zone at the BMW M3 TT, but it's gonna take lots of paying attention and focusing on the road. @Dolph Drago I may have to use and study your replay for an hour at least, I need an idea of where my braking points need to be. That first turn is a nasty one because the limit is thin, so it's easy to void the lap if you're not careful. I'm trying to get caught up on the very old posts from each and every page to learn any extra info that I might find useful out there on the tarmac.
I hope the replay can help you out. Turn 1 at RBR is a pain, no matter the car. I actually feel I waited slightly too long before accelerating and didn't make full use of the outside curb. It's difficult to get a top time around here with the M3 due the nature of its handling. You can probably eke out a bronze by keeping it smooth and not sliding it about, but...

...the car is interesting. For a really fast time, you need to give it the gas earlier than you might expect to get the car to rotate coming out of the turns as opposed to coasting. It seems counterintuitive at first - you may think you will go straight off course - but it's the fastest and only way to really to kick the back end out for that needed rotation. If you wait too long or only give it partial throttle, it simply understeers, especially in the second to last corner.

Good luck, @Chris30! I know you can grab a bronze if not silver here with some practice. It will take some patience, though.

Morning folks!

I brought back the rental and gave the garage one a few kind words and took it out for a spin ;)

Like @Dolph Drago already mentioned... T1... wow, what a b*tch :lol: :lol:
But i kind of got the hang of it in my third session this morning, key for me was cutting WAY more on the apex than i used to do,
so get more early on apex, that way the angle of exit is way better to get on throttle in 3th gear.
I tried Saausssing it into 2nd like some top boys but that's just not for me and a real pitty for the M3 block :lol::lol:
So early in, reduce the drift and throttle up seems to be the key for me.

1907211759e10-screenshotUrl.jpg

Exit T1, since i tried apexing more early on the inside i have far less tracklimits on the exit, still lots of room here!

S2 is straight forward, you either nail it or not where trailbraking is realy key to get T2 right, but man.... the forlast corner is the worst one here and doesn't do good to any car i guess, if you are having a hard time getting a E30 M3 rotated there is just something off on the corner :lol:,
but for me it seems a real YeeeEETT to trigger that oversteer seems to be working, not the prettiest sight and it's realy flirting with the tracklimit there on the inside but rewarding when you nail it.

190721154f967-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

For last corner ( on entry )

That said, my third session was better then the last one, lots of 59.2's and higher 59.1's
and a few .5xx's on the S1 this morning for the first time, but the PB lap this morning had a .6xx ofcourse :lol::lol:
So there is still time to find!, but it's going to be hell to find it, a sub 59 is possible but don't knnow if i have the motivation to keep trying :lol:

1907211d63284-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm hoping this will stick as a top 100, but i'm not realy that sure.

Moved up in the world a bit and a descent placement on the personal terror board ( for now :boggled: ) :):lol::)

1907211a2fa67-screenshotUrl.jpg

Happy lapping guys!

After yesterday I didn't make any improvement, this morning it came - right after I switched to rental car!

View attachment 1369302

This may be enough for secure gold, but who knows what will Jeddah do...

I still want to go under minute, though the more I play, the more I see that will probably not happen.

I want to prove the antithesis and started with a rental car. Right now the first stint ended just below 1:02 and I know that there is room for improvement.

So I will continue with the black rental and at the same time look for a Alpina B6 livery to use the extra power for a final improvement with "my" E30 M3... Wish me luck! 😃

Morning folks!

I brought back the rental and gave the garage one a few kind words and took it out for a spin ;)

But i kind of got the hang of it in my third session this morning, key for me was cutting WAY more on the apex than i used to do,
so get more early on apex, that way the angle of exit is way better to get on throttle in 3th gear.
I tried Saausssing it into 2nd like some top boys but that's just not for me and a real pitty for the M3 block :lol::lol:

View attachment 1369304
Exit T1, since i tried apexing more early on the inside i have far less tracklimits on the exit, still lots of room here!

S2 is straight forward, you either nail it or not where trailbraking is realy key to get T2 right, but man.... the forlast corner is the worst one here and doesn't do good to any car i guess, if you are having a hard time getting a E30 M3 rotated there is just something off on the corner :lol:,
but for me it seems a real YeeeEETT to trigger that oversteer seems to be working, not the prettiest sight and it's realy flirting with the tracklimit there on the inside but rewarding when you nail it.

View attachment 1369303

That said, my third session was better then the last one, lots of 59.2's and higher 59.1's
and a few .5xx's on the S1 this morning for the first time, but the PB lap this morning had a .6xx ofcourse :lol::lol:
So there is still time to find!, but it's going to be hell to find it, a sub 59 is possible but don't knnow if i have the motivation to keep trying :lol:

View attachment 1369305

Moved up in the world a bit and a descent placement on the personal terror board ( for now :boggled: ) :):lol::)

View attachment 1369306

Happy lapping guys!

Impressive driving, as always. Do I see a 58 in the cards? I might try to take a few pointers from your and @Dolph Drago's vids :)

Last edited:
Repainted the X'19 chrome black and went for three 20 minute sessions in another effort to lower my PB. Despite seeing aforementioned trend repeating I pushed on a little bit after taking little breaks. Glad I did, because in the last stint autopilot seems to have switched to autofocus and I managed to lay down a lap 2/10 quicker than any of my Opts before this. I'm a bit stoked. Don't know if I can improve any further on this.

View attachment 1369229
I was seriously chuffed about throwing away a 1:00.6XX right from the start.
View attachment 1369230
Then lowered to 1:00.7XX …
View attachment 1369231
… and then this :)

View attachment 1369232

I'm currently at 1:00.915 and I know I can get into 700s but it's so freaking hard. That PD signature track limits left-hander especially is giving me headache. I think I may be overdriving the car a bit so later today I will try to take it easy and lift a bit before the turns and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Morning folks!

View attachment 1369304

View attachment 1369303

View attachment 1369305

View attachment 1369306

Happy lapping guys!

Absolutely killer lap. The final two corners were absolutely nailed. Second to last one your tires barely made a sound. Just floating through. 🔥🔥🔥

Hi guys (and Greek),

Some news from RBR where I'm more than ever in trouble because of the naughty boy from Jeddah...

1719914656060.png

Still 8 days to go, I'm sure he'll push me again in the silver zone :(:nervous: Because I don't spend my days to complain here like @smoothbore12 does, I've decided to come back on the track to gain few more tenths to save my a-s-s.

First, I've fixed some points on my rusty M3. Very honestly, those oldies are great but need lot of care. Because I don't cheat like some guys here with an orange livery (I've listed your name, guys....), I've decided for a modern design, more consensual (with BBS rims, of course^^):

1719915267515.jpeg

Credits: livery created by AGoodwin1983

Some of you were admirative of my fantastic AMG, here are the 2 beauties side by side:

1719915429300.png

Now, let's see what happen on the track.
In short, no improvement on my PB (1:00.276) BUT I had this interesting session:

1719915558102.png

Yes, I've stupidly invalidated a new PB (1:00.263) in the corner just before the pits entrance and I've also improved my new optimal, (1:00.051) very close to my personal objective.

No matter what, I'm really unable to score under 26 secs in the 1st sector and I'll probably not be able to before the end of this TT.
And the 2nd sector is clearly a Russian roulette... Eternal respect to the Big Boys with their incredible scores, you're amazing guys!!

Seriously, I probably must be missing something to be faster here or maybe I'm expecting too much given my skills. I've accepted to never enter the "Sub minute" Club but I'm still very motivated to save my yellow score.

Hi guys (and Greek),

Some news from RBR where I'm more than ever in trouble because of the naughty boy from Jeddah...

View attachment 1369320

Still 8 days to go, I'm sure he'll push me again in the silver zone :(:nervous: Because I don't spend my days to complain here like @smoothbore12 does, I've decided to come back on the track to gain few more tenths to save my a-s-s.

First, I've fixed some points on my rusty M3. Very honestly, those oldies are great but need lot of care. Because I don't cheat like some guys here with an orange livery (I've listed your name, guys....), I've decided for a modern design, more consensual (with BBS rims, of course^^):

View attachment 1369321
Credits: livery created by AGoodwin1983

Some of you were admirative of my fantastic AMG, here are the 2 beauties side by side:

View attachment 1369323

Now, let's see what happen on the track.
In short, no improvement on my PB (1:00.276) BUT I had this interesting session:

View attachment 1369325

Yes, I've stupidly invalidated a new PB (1:00.263) in the corner just before the pits entrance and I've also improved my new optimal, (1:00.051) very close to my personal objective.

No matter what, I'm really unable to score under 26 secs in the 1st sector and I'll probably not be able to before the end of this TT.
And the 2nd sector is clearly a Russian roulette... Eternal respect to the Big Boys with their incredible scores, you're amazing guys!!

Seriously, I probably must be missing something to be faster here or maybe I'm expecting too much given my skills. I've accepted to never enter the "Sub minute" Club but I'm still very motivated to save my yellow score.
Love the new livery. Something about that chromatic abberation effect is making my vision blurry :odd:

Best of luck on reaching your goal of sub 1 minute. Maybe you can post a video of your lap so we can take a look for possible advice?

Back