Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,636 comments
Time for a big whoop de doo!!!...after some serious effort i cracked the Gold barrier with the Red Bull X2019...finally figured out how to take the last three turns,😅,this one feels good !
sorry, slight pause in video at start,only a few seconds....

1720060512986.jpeg

Last edited:
This morning I drank coffee and with some belief, I went to RBR...

1907c3a62b717-screenshotUrl.jpg

Though I wanted to quit lapping there, better I didn't, bcs it happened - I broke into under minute lap!

And that within only 15km - you can see it in video, after I finish lap.

If I didn't missed gear rpm, it would be 59.8xx, but I am happy!

1907c3af40477-screenshotUrl.jpg

Direct capture:

What do you think?

And leaderboard now looks better

1907c3ab68589-screenshotUrl.jpg

This morning I drank coffee and with some belief, I went to RBR...

View attachment 1369748

Though I wanted to quit lapping there, better I didn't, bcs it happened - I broke into under minute lap!

And that within only 15km - you can see it in video, after I finish lap.

If I didn't missed gear rpm, it would be 59.8xx, but I am happy!

View attachment 1369750

Direct capture:

What do you think?

I think that is very impressive, you totaly deserve this score, and I'm really happy for you.
Bravo my friend :)

And leaderboard now looks better

View attachment 1369749
On that point....

Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

Done a last push this morning but not enough to improve. I should have continued playing everyday after the 27th but I wanted to do something else than the TT
1907c6a9dd949-screenshotUrl.jpg

Turn 1 is still hit or miss, as Eau-Rouge, as the last chicane, as Campus, Stavelot and so on, so many places to lose or gain time.

If only I was able to string a full lap with all my best turns 😅

65 laps in total including 5 in VR

Gonna try get gold on RBR now, and bronze at RA

Last edited:
Every day a tiny bit. I'm gonna get me a 58.

Honestly can't believe how I keep finding time and that I'm placed where I am. Blows me away to be high on the first page.

The optimal says so. 😂😂

Here's the vid.

Epic lap mate!, that OPT is hunting you too :lol: :lol:
Well done! :bowdown:
Too many posts to catch up so I did any responsible adult would've done....I skipped them all 🙈

Anyways.....finally decided to put in a longish session tonight and came out pretty happy with the result.

Man, this track took a long @55 time to click for me. For the first hr I could barely brake into the 59.3s then something clicked and I was able to get into the .2s and .1s. Eventually got a decent lap hooked up 😂

Annoyingly, the first sector was just decent. After that I had been putting mid to low 25.5s for 1st sector but 2nd sector were all craps.

Then this happened 🙈

I licked the track limit at the exit of the last turn and invalidated the lap 😭

After that I just lost all my concentration and called it a day. This would've been my last attempt to the TT as I'm going away for a week on Friday.

Nice Muffin, another one ino the .00.... it's insane how many are on the top of the board,

I tried again this morning, fastest S1 was a 25.479 but licked the tracklimit to much in the forlast corner, kept running and invalidated my first 58 @ 913, lots of 1's and 0's... but time was running out, bummer...going to work sucks :lol::lol:

Maby if the new one is mwaahh i'll go back again, also depends on how much you guys are going to kick me down the board. :lol::lol:

Bettered my RB time to 1:00:399 which is surely safe for Silver. I'm always playing around with adding an assist to see if it would help me get past my best such as ASM, Counter Steer, TCS etc.

I also changed the sensitivity to 9 from 4 for my DS4 & that's when I bettered my time by one & half tenths.

View attachment 1369684

Every day a tiny bit. I'm gonna get me a 58.

Honestly can't believe how I keep finding time and that I'm placed where I am. Blows me away to be high on the first page.
Absolutely incredible mate! 🔥🔥🔥 I tried to follow your ascension into alien territory in two sessions yesterday and the day before, but could not improve yet. Time is working against me here, I dropped to P 83, and it's very unlikely I will remain in the top 100 unless I slice at least another tenth off my PB.

I'm gonna make another and final push on the weekend before I leave for a work trip on Monday. Wish me luck!

There are some tracks in GT7 that You could drive on & on. Willow is an average track for me when it comes to being an admirer of. Love the car here but am worried for the CM tyres here. That's the challenge I know so will be fun or disaster after I try out this TT in a few hours.

Waiting for @snc to post a video tutorial on how to gold this TT. Love his minor hints & guidance as a whole to make anyone confident in trying to ace a TT for which that video has been put up.

I've been pretty quiet here (and on GT7 in general) over the last few weeks - life has been a bit tumultuous and GT time has been on an as/when basis! With that in mind, I jumped on to log some laps at Spa last night, in a last ditch attempt to improve and get into gold.

Starting with a 2:20.9XX, my first mission was to nail La Source and Eau Rouge and set myself up for a proper lap. It took many attempts but I finally found the right line through both so I could get on the gas early and stay flat all the way up. After about four laps I'd managed to get down to 2:20.56X, less than a tenth from gold! Then my wife came home and started trying to have conversations while I was trying to concentrate! :banghead: :lol:

Anyway, eventually she got the picture and I was left to concentrate on the important task at hand: finding that last tenth to sneak under 3%...

It took me many attempts, many restarts, and multiple moments of "pause, breathe, go again", and then I finally pieced it together and dropped my time down to 2:20.1XX!! So happy with this, because a) Gold! b) I beat my rival/friend @Kevip6 by less than 1 tenth (which was actually part of my mission after obtaining gold) and c) I'm the fastest RCZ on my friends list of about 65 other drivers!

1907a85835a68-8fe07284794F13FF66A.5813BD5398E5A252_message_440330770544062_1720042072437.jpg

Happy days!!!

EDIT: Just saw @half_sourly results post and saw I managed to place 69th of just over 1000 RCZ's! Absolutely buzzing with that result!!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm in our car typing on the smartphone, we are almost at SC! How are y'all doing? What is the new TT, I haven't read all the recent posts yet.

EDIT: Ugh, it's at Willow Springs!! In an old classic legend car.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back