Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,566 comments
I don't care much for formula cars or Fuji so I didn't even bother trying that one, unfortunately I didn't get any spare time to have a crack at the Lexus/Sardegna TT. Shame because I love the LFA.

Anyhoooo, here's my first crack at the new Subaru TT. Thank you @Tidgney for the fantastic video guide as usual. 👍😁

20240725_234601.jpg

I guess this car pulls from down low and loses steam at the top end?
Yep!
It's a rally car, so usually has more torque than horsepower and short gearing to get the best acceleration. Very high top speed isn't important for rallying as most stages rarely have long enough straights.

I play with controller and one thing I noticed with the subaru tt the car wouldn’t rotate on tight corners unless I’m on first gear.

I watched some of replays from leaderboard and they can easily rotate the car even on third gear. Is this controller and wheel thing or I am doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Hey guys, hope you are all having a great summer/winter so far! After missing the last 2 TT due to real life I am back in action.

Time Trial 1 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia @ Tokyo Expressway

This one does reward bravery (which I lack especially on Tokyo) and luck (whether I am a pixel from touching the walls or just hitting them head on :lol: ) which I lacks either. The Ferrari is actually pretty fun to drive and I am always surprised on how much speed I can carry through those long corners once I got the corner entries right. May be up to 0.5s left on the table but that would probably take me another 5-10 hours to find :indiff:

IMG_2466.JPG

Time Trial 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX Rally @ Eiger Nordwand

I have never played any GT after GT2 until GT7 came out so never really raced on Eiger - What a beautiful track! Would be awesome if it is twice as long as this would be the perfect track for street car or maybe Gr.4. The Subaru though...does feel like an old rally car with huge power and turbo lag, and I am sure I can find 0.5-1s in my lap if I have the skills to swing the tail (in a controlable manner) in corner entries. Anyhow another great combo, just that my best effort is only barely in Gold.

IMG_2465.JPG

How are you all liking the new v1.49 physic so far?

Last edited:
I play with controller and one thing I noticed with the subaru tt the car wouldn’t rotate on tight corners unless I’m on first gear.

I watched some of replays from leaderboard and they can easily rotate the car even on third gear. Is this controller and wheel thing or I am doing something wrong?
I am on controller and downshift to 1st on those 180s corners. However I am on gyro and it would be nice to hear feedback from guys steering with stick, how it feels . @NAXEHT

I am on controller and downshift to 1st on those 180s corners. However I am on gyro and it would be nice to hear feedback from guys steering with stick, how it feels . @NAXEHT
I am on controller too but I don't need to downshift at 1st.

190f10d7bc010-screenshotUrl.jpg

190f10d31de53-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

First go with the new physics. I'm probably not in the majority here, but I LOVE it. Feels much more like an actual car at the limit. For me at least. Understeer feels amazing. Braking in late and accelerating early feels so much more natural.

View attachment 1375877
View attachment 1375878

First go with the new physics. I'm probably not in the majority here, but I LOVE it. Feels much more like an actual car at the limit. For me at least. Understeer feels amazing. Braking in late and accelerating early feels so much more natural.
Great time man, I'm back home. I went to therapy today, for an hour and a half. It was a woman. She told me to curb my time on the Playstation. I'm gonna be ready to roll tonight/tomorrow. I'm not a fan of the Tokyo TT's because I end up hitting the wall at least 50-60 times. And it can be frustrating. But I'll get through it, if my name isn't Bob the Builder. Can we fix it?

YES WE CAN!

Yes We Can GIF

Slight improvement tonight, hopefully enough to hang on to a gold, we shall see!

View attachment 1375907

Great work and run, I'm fixing to pop in gt7, and get to work. I'll start with Eiger Nordwand, as I feel more comfortable with that as opposed to Tokyo right now. From what I saw, your time could be safe, but maybe to be on the safe side, maybe you should try to chop off another 2-3 hundredths off your time. But it is up to you if you think it's worth the trouble or not, :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
While everyone seems to be loving the Subie TT, I am hating it right now. Higher gears definitely appeared to help in most corners, but I'm still having loads of trouble with the left hand hairpins. Oddly, I'm having no issues getting it to turn in the right hand pins. However, I think a dump truck would turn better in the lefts. The stick is all the way to the side and the cars just goes straight anyway. I'm watching the replays here and just can't understand how you guys are doing it. I managed to get under 1:05, but I am seriously on the struggle bus and way off gold. :grumpy:
IMG_3412.jpg

Yesterday after lapping around 25 laps in the Tokyo TT, I was able to shave off just a tenth for a slow time of 2:06:7xx. My biggest nemesis are the 1st & 2nd double right turns at the start of the lap. The understeery Ferrari makes me lose confidence there & I usually take that corner as others in 3rd gear but 4th gear doesn't help.

Whut!? Jeddah visited Tokyo again? The japanese folks will be on a hunt. So i had to get into the Ferrari again. That will teach them a lesson! You cannot hurt me! You hear me!? :lol:
1000021014.jpg

Eiger Nordwand and the physics in the Subaru feel great but still not great enough to bring me round the corners like i imagine it in my head. I will gladly accept silver here.
1000021015.jpg

Completely agree with you. All have their individual driving styles & preferences. Usually, a higher gear should offer more stability & smooth exit but for me the lower gear offers more grip & punch which is a little weird.

Nonetheless, it's a treat watching your guidance vid with non stop commentary. Just wish I had half the confidence of you when driving on Sports tyres.
Like you say it all comes down to individuals preferences and different driving styles.
Myself, I find that I will drop a gear at many corners where others don't to help with rotation before changing back up to get back on the power. Find what works for you and if you are fast in doing so then there is no wrong way of doing things 👍

View attachment 1375877
View attachment 1375878

I couldn't agree more. The physics feel sublime. Such a pleasure to drive.

Now I wait for a TT in the dirt 😁

Latest Posts

Back