Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,579 comments
Phew, I broke the barrier and entered silver territory, I will post my video in a few hours, I'm at 2'07.863. I passed about 20,000 drivers in just one super-lap! You'll notice the changes I made when you guys see it tomorrow. I was brave and just floored through all the turns, walls and corners like a beast.

The Beast Muscles GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

I need another second and a half to reach gold, so I will do my best over the next 3 days. Wish me luck, :)

I'll have to go even faster and show them walls who's boss!!

Last edited:

Like I promised, here it is. Wow what a huge improvement, and a huge comeback. I was not expecting this and I only ran a total of 16 laps. That tells you how easy and smooth this Ferrari drives on the tarmac. It sticks to the road like glue or paste. I still struggled at the middle section, but I'll work it out. The white diagonal lines help though, I try to trace a line that gives me more speed and exiting from coming out of the corner. Those walls don't scare me!

Well wish me luck, I'm going for the gold if I can, but I think I'm safe for silver this go-round!

Last edited:
It's still weird why the Tokyo challenge is only good for a week, and the Eiger one is for a 2-week period? Maybe some time trials have different duration periods each month.
Online Time Trial events usually run for two weeks, with a new event each week replacing the oldest of the two. However, the physics change for the 1.49 update meant that running a time trial across the update would render an entire weekā€™s worth of driving moot and PD opted to bring them both to a close simultaneously.

Two new events are now available, each using new content from the update, with the first one lasting for only one week in order to restore the staggered scheduling.
Lol, damn. What the hell was that, xD. It looked like an earthquake was shaking the ground and all the Samba busses were flying in the air. That blows my mind, may look scary to some people. But not me. i don't feel like attacking the TT's either but I gotta keep going at Tokyo. That was wicked cool to watch, how'd you do those effects like that?

One chase cam replay from Eiger Nordwand TTšŸ˜Š

Ahhh, you're using the motion sensor setting where you can move the controller without pressing the joystick or directional buttons. Well I'm off to bed. The Eiger track takes a while for me to learn, Sector 3 always gets me and I lose time there. So far I'm in the 1'08.000 club. But it took 10 laps to reach that goal.

I need 7-8 hours of sleep to recharge my brain/mind.

So when did you start using that motion sensor trick? I never did it because I don't feel confident that I will master it, :(

Last edited:
First proper runs with new tt's. Eiger was intense! I can lap constantly around 1.04.8xx but finding the rest of gold time was hard. Still having problems with s3. Will come back here if needed
1000018367.jpg
1000018366.jpg

Then comes the ferrari, did some laps, trying to find some limits, found a lot of them hitting some walls :) . It is enjoyable a lot
1000018365.jpg

1000018364.jpg

Went back into both of these TTs today.

The Ferrari one was still within gold, but by less than a .100" so I didn't feel that was safe at all. Dropped that to a 05.5 so am happy with that. The Ferrari is really fun to drive; the new physics model has done the road cars right, IMO.

I had gold in teh Subaru from the first day, but got bumped out (which I expected to happen) as people learned the physics/track/car. So time to revisit this stupid combo. Not a fan of this whole coming out of a corner and upshift the car into 9th gear. So dumb. Like, why even have 2nd gear, it's worthless on this car. Anyway, this one is not fun to me; more of a chore. But, despite being bumped out of gold I was still close (within .020") close so I figured I could get back in... and eventually I did with a 04.4. Hoping that's safe as I do not want to go back...

Been slacking lately... but the more I play, the more I like these new physics.

It's cool that you can be fast using no ABS too. At Eiger I used no aids and no ABS and golded it.
I feel like GT7 now rewards you instead of punishes you with no ABS, at least on some cars/ tracks.
Been playing all the single player races like that too for the past couple days.

I tried no ABS with Ferrari at Tokyo and I can't remember my time exactly but it was silver and even my optimals are not gold so i think I'll switch ABS back on for that one and try again. I know that track like the back of my hand from all the grinding, so I thought it would be easy, but I guess not!

At first I wasn't sure but now I think the new physics / FFB are a huge upgrade. Good job PD! More "sim" and less "arcade".

----------------
edit- LOL GTPlanet won't let me post my vid because it thinks there's a swear word in it! LOL šŸ˜†
Never seen that before! I'll post my GT7 playlist link, should be 1st vid in there. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Youtube even put "CUS" in the link. What the heck? Weird! šŸ¤”

youtube link swear word WTH LOL.jpg

See if that link works..

Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240727200439.jpg

edit- oops uploaded wrong sector chart before.

Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240727200428.jpg

Attachments

• Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240727195922.jpg
    Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240727195922.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Went back to Tokyo today for a little bit whilst the missus was sleeping off a hang over šŸ˜‚

Was playing around with settings again getting used to the new physics, lets just say it was interesting....

1000010631.jpg

Slapped a quick clubsport style livery together and went back to it....
1000010630.jpg

1000010633.jpg
1000010637.jpg

Hopefully safe to hold onto gold with such a short TT.

After getting more and more used to it I am enjoying the new physics a lot on motion steering šŸ˜

And then the inevitable happened.... I went back to having fun šŸ¤£
1000010634.jpg
1000010635.jpg
1000010636.jpg

Will have to try out the WRX next weekend.

Happy lapping everyone

Last edited:
Finally tried the Scuderia TT, and yes, it's an absolute joy to drive, perfect pairing with the SM tires, glorious sound, amazing car in this BoP setup.

But of course, not a huge fan of the track, I mean the track is good, the flow can be amazing when you nail it, but the walls, oh my, even the slightest brush, not even a scratch on the car, and it's invalidated.

1722202079914.jpg

I had one amazing lap where I hooked up almost every corner nicely, 2:03.719, but of course, touched the wall with my ass enough to wipe the dust off the car, and yes, it was red. But at least I know I have it, just need few more attempts in upcoming days to put it all together.

And it's a nice pair of 3s :)

1722202079899.jpg

Completely missed a standard TT for the first time last week...

Back now and put in a small session tonight.

Enjoyed the Ferrari at Tokyo - love that circuit. Got a 2;03.782. Opt of 2;03.5 so not far off.

Impreza I only did a handful of laps - I've not had much success with that but into gold at least.

Last edited:
I like that track and always do well with road cars on sports tyres - I set that time on lap 16. So around 35 minutes?
That's impressive man! My time is 2'07.863 so far so I am in the silver zone. I just sent you a friend request, there were 340 people that had that name, so I hope I sent it to the right one.

@VSpec_R I sent you one too. Maybe we can share each other's replays on a certain TT.

Well guys, I better go, I'm gonna be busy tomorrow, I hope my time at Tokyo holds because if I don't beat the gold time, I still want the silver one.

@ZevZoq hey, I'm not far from your time, I'm at 2'07.863. So I'm exactly 2 seconds off the gold time. Now the task is to find those missing two seconds if I want to strive for the 2M reward.

@Vule that is an impressive time, I'm sure that @half_sourly will honor your time once the rankings and challenge ends. Lol, I need some of your superior skills for this game.

Last edited:
IMG_3022.jpeg
IMG_3020.jpeg

Equal parts love this and frustration, largely due to the long run to a tricky T1. Also didnā€™t realize until after I was watching the replay that these mean little curbs stick out from the walls!

If anyone cares, hereā€™s a VR onboard of chasing the P2 ghost and then 3rd person with my telemetry. If any of you super fasties have advice Iā€™m happy to hear it but I do know I could use some more track in quite a few spots. I just need to stay sane.

This is only my second time in the top 100 (just recently with the 300SL) so hope it sticks!

Hey everyone. Finally had the chance to do a proper session (2 hours plus) last night for the first time in ages, and it felt really good! :D

I started with Tokyo where I had previously clocked in a 2:05.392 (I think). Still not the biggest fan of the track with those walls of death and the long straights with nothing to do except worry about said walls of death, but at least I understand the car better now. When I hit the wall (which I still did frequently), it felt like a consequence of my own mistakes rather than pure bad luck, and I can certainly appreciate that. New time is a safe gold with a few more tenths to gain, I think:

1722231758678.png

However, it's unlikely I'll spend much more time in the Ferrari because I'm having an absolute blast at Eiger Nordwand. An action-packed short track, beautiful scenery (sublime in VR) and a great car make for an excellent combination I can totally get lost in. I dipped into the 1:03s and I felt like I only "unlocked" some parts of the track in the last few laps, so maybe I can still find some time in the next session, but even if not, I'll be having fun trying. ;)

1722232168314.png

I ran a second session on my main account but plateaued early and after a couple hours I still havenā€™t improved that 1:05.1 mark. I switched to the abroad account and soon got the same. Again I found I couldnā€™t improve. Iā€™m just at a loss on where to get that extra second.

Switched to my VR account and with in a 1/4 hour had bested my prior times. This is a new landmark for me. Iā€™m actually faster in VR than bumper.

The VR gives much better sense of realistic speed, depth and the width of the car on the track. Also killer is an appreciation for the undulation and camber of the track that is totally lost in the 2D world.

IMG_8397.jpeg

Iā€™ve still got a lot of work to do to get gold, but there is good news; Iā€™m the leader on my ā€friendsā€ Board. šŸ¤£
IMG_8398.jpeg

Last edited:
Back