Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,583 comments
That's impressive man! My time is 2'07.863 so far so I am in the silver zone. I just sent you a friend request, there were 340 people that had that name, so I hope I sent it to the right one.

@VSpec_R I sent you one too. Maybe we can share each other's replays on a certain TT.
That many!? Wow..! I thought I was a rarity 😂

It may take me a few days to get back on but I'll try to remember to let ya know 👍

Switched to my VR account and with in a 1/4 hour had bested my prior times. This is a new landmark for me. I’m actually faster in VR than bumper.

The VR gives much better sense of realistic speed, depth and the width of the car on the track. Also killer is an appreciation for the undulation and camber of the track that is totally lost in the 2D world.
Congrats! As someone who never raced with any sort of ambition (or skill) on a flatscreen I can't really compare, but I have a hard time imagining any disadvantage of VR. Maybe safe for the missing real-time deltas in the HUD, but since I am running with a ghost most of the time, I have immediate feedback for my performance anyway.
I’ve stills lot of work to do to get gold, but there is good news; I’m the leader on my ”friends” Board. 🤣
That can be fixed. Sent you a friend request 🤣

Last edited:
After my 1st not so successfull attempt on the Tokyo TT, i gave it another try. This time i managed an improvement of almost 1 sec, but that ment just a 2:06.3 and not enough for gold. But whatever i did, the 2:06 was like a wall i couldn't pass. The understeer in the fast turns slowed me down so much.

So i needed help and watched Tidgneys video. And that pulled the plug! It took some laps but finaly i have a time, i hope will last for gold:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240728164244.jpg

A BIG BIG THANKS to @Tidgney for sharing your video!

Right after that i went to a first look at the other TT. And it couldn't be more different than that! In Tokyo it's all about precision and with the Subaru it's just raw violence.
Most oft he time it felt like playing pinball with a car until i managed a lap that not had a time displayed in red.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240728165652.jpg

After i realised how close this was to silver, i went for another 3 laps and now i hope this will last for 1 million credits.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240728170121.jpg

Had my first serious session yesterday at Tokyo. My previous PB (2.08.3xx) was more a test to discover the combo and validate a first score than a real performance run.

Many many red laps, start to find my braking points, some angles are still very perfectible, but I'm getting closer to the yellow territory:

1722236316949.png

My optimal shows that many improvements are on the table, with more bravery, more dedication and a useful video guide.

1722236534292.png

ATTACK!!!

I would like to hear your opinion whether drifting became more difficult or more real? I spin a lot more and can not rely on steady throttle anymore. Sorry to you all for this off topic excursion!
Driving the Ferrari was easy to catch and maintain for a short period, you need to use less throttle than you think in that, but it was in the TT so open diff.

I haven't tried any other cars at all yet, will let you know how I find it when I'm next online 👍🏻

Second session at Tokyo this morning and had another (nice) improvement, as I'm now member of the "2:05 Club":

1722246697611.png

The entrance of the gold mine is now just 0.150 ahead... :mischievous:

The key for this TT is clearly not to fight with the car but to let the Ferrari doing the job in the changes of direction in the middle of the course: brake less, throttle just as needed, chain the turns by anticipating the trajectories as much as possible.

I know it's only a matter of time to gain time...

1722260497621.png

1722260518138.png

1722260541100.png

Just a matter of time, of patience, of efforts, of dedication.

ATTACK!!

Last edited:
Second session at Tokyo this morning and had another (nice) improvement, as I'm now member of the "2:05 Club":

View attachment 1376517

The entrance of the gold mine is now just 0.150 ahead... :mischievous:

The key for this TT is clearly not to fight with the car but to let the Ferrari doing the job in the changes of direction in the middle of the course: brake less, throttle just as needed, chain the turns by anticipating the trajectories as much as possible.

I know it's only a matter of time to gain time...

View attachment 1376540

View attachment 1376541

View attachment 1376542

Just a matter of time, of patience, of efforts, of dedication.

ATTACK!!
Go go go my friend Daniel !!!!!
1000001582.gif

Ciao a tutti,
back from a 1 week holiday that went through as quick as a lap in Northern Isle Speedway with a Tomahawn X VGT 😅

Here is my current ToDo list:
Download and install upgrade - hopefully done night time
Keep up with the forum -
1722264620936.png
... life is too short... let's mark it "done"
Tokyo TT - choose livery and try it (things need to be done in the right way)
Eiger TT - as above
TrueBrake mod install - cross fingers that customs will finally relase it :nervous:

Is anyone so kind to enlight me if there is any important thing to know other than new car/track before start throwing down red laps like there's no tomorrow (yes... I'm talking about new physics)?

Thanks

zjn
Is anyone so kind to enlight me if there is any important thing to know other than new car/track before start throwing down red laps like there's no tomorrow (yes... I'm talking about new physics)?

Thanks
I've not done the WRX TT yet, but watch guides on it as it really needs short shifting.

The Ferrari, just say hi to Barry R, he should look after you 🤣

I'm liking the new physics but a lot of wheel users are saying that they have lost the feeling of some road bumps, curbs, etc... Someone using wheel can tell you more.

Happy lapping 😁

Last edited:
I've not done the WRX TT yet, but watch guides on it as it really needs short shifting.

The Ferrari, just say hi to Barry R, he should look after you 🤣

I'm liking the new physics but a lot of wheel users are saying that they have lost the feeling of some road bumps, curbs, etc... Someone using wheel can tell you more.

Happy lapping 😁
I have no real issues with the G29 wheel anyway. Actually loving the new physics with most cars I've driven...I can feel bumps and rumble strips and all that jazz fine. For me the big improvement is general wheel weight. There's a really satisfying "heaviness" to the wheel that wasn't really there so much before without feeling over-done. To me it feels very very close to my own rw daily driver.

Last edited:
I am curious to see how Half_Sourly's stats portray the Subaru TT once it's over. I think that one will be particularly difficult. I am hanging on by a thread after putting in a time a few days ago I was confident would be safe. The chunks still being taken out of the P1 time are concerning lol

I am curious to see how Half_Sourly's stats portray the Subaru TT once it's over. I think that one will be particularly difficult. I am hanging on by a thread after putting in a time a few days ago I was confident would be safe. The chunks still being taken out of the P1 time are concerning lol
You got a bit of an idea here. Pretty low percentage of gold but it’s been lower.

Can't confirm this. If anything, I get more feedback in the wheel than ever. Very noticeable in the Nordwand TT for example.

One thing I noticed is that there is a lot more range in the feedback. For example: I did the hypercar parade at Interlagos as part of the weekly challenges. I used the Ferrari VGT iirc. Normally I have the FF set to 5 or 6 (I have the DD Pro with 8 nm), but with these settings I hardly got any resistance in the initial slow corners of the track, to the point where I thought something must be broken. I switched it up to 9 - still less feedback than before, but as soon as I exited "Junção" (the last slow left before the straight leading to start / finish), I could feel how resistance increased with each passing meter as I was getting faster and faster. In the end, this is how it should have always been, but I can understand how one might interpret it as a lack of detail in the slower sections.
Merci Jérôme, I really feel I can do it, and I'll try not to disapoint my (real) friends ;)

Hope to make it soon, so I can focus to improve seriously my score with the Subaru (because with a bronze, I have the feeling being like @smoothbore12 :lol: ).
Fun fact: I had a web conference at work the other day with some international colleagues, one of them from Greece, and I was THIS close to open the call with "Hi friends (and Greek)!" 🤣 ... I am spending too much time in this thread.

Hey Folks - been away from my PS5 for a few weeks with a major house renovation - did I miss anything? :lol:

Had a quick go at the Ferrari TT last night - some combination of driver rustiness, track unfamiliarity and new physics had me bouncing off walls or being uncompetitive. Struggling to "feel" the car with my G29... more practice required!

I had what turned out to be a 2:03.5 get invalidated by the most minor of contacts on literally the last wall-risk exit (before the run to the hairpin) and I saved the gameplay so I could see how close I was, and caught the VR headset mic picking up some funny frustrated audio which starts at around the 1:04 mark in the video. I didn't even realize I touched until I saw the time go red so it surprised me lol.

The silver lining was that if I landed that time I would have stopped there, and I managed a .454 only 31 miles later.

Last edited by a moderator:
tokyo-10laps.jpg

First 10 laps stint at Tokyo. Ouuuuuuh those walls...only 4 laps not in red...

A comfy silver and a lot of potential on the table as shown by the optimal. Was able to lose 0.5s in first sector, gain it back and more in S2 and S3 and lose it all again in last turn :mad:

S1 times very consistent though... except lap 1 and 5 that were very slow, all S1 are comprised in 0.007s... while delta in S2 between best and worse is more than a second. Same for S3. Nearly a second in S4. And S5 pretty consistent too. : .117 between best and worse.

I had what turned out to be a 2:03.5 get invalidated by the most minor of contacts on literally the last wall-risk exit (before the run to the hairpin) and I saved the gameplay so I could see how close I was, and caught the VR headset mic picking up some funny frustrated audio which starts at around the 1:04 mark in the video. I didn't even realize I touched until I saw the time go red so it surprised me lol.

The silver lining was that if I landed that time I would have stopped there, and I managed a .454 only 31 miles later.

This is my life right now. 🔥🔥🍻🍻

View attachment 1376575

This is so much fun. I love this car so much and it just shines here. It's such a flow when it comes together.

Great time!! How are you finding the physics on the wheel since the update??

Has anyone struggled to change up to 4th going into turn two, or changing up to 2nd from 1st coming out of the final chicane? I pull the paddle multiple times but computer says no!

Feels great a lot of high speed weight transfer in the middle sectors, delicious! Sad I don’t have enough time to put into this one; would love to get into the 2:03s!

Also, I passed my final line check on Thursday. I am now officially Captain Dan_Tes 👨🏻‍✈️✈️

IMG_7865.jpeg

IMG_7866.jpeg

Last edited:
Back