Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,870 comments
Happy with this time although it won’t stay in the top 100. Don’t think I’ll go back… too hot and sweaty here 🥵

IMG_9205.jpeg

Still enjoying the new physics, power sliding this car is magic ✨

IMG_9206.jpeg

Hey guys im a new gt player and would like to play some time trials now that i finished the menus. There are some thing i have trouble understanding.
Whst exactly is bop? It changes the pp of my car to the specified value right? So i cant take my own setup into the races? Does it Matter if i take my own car or if i lend a car? Are they different after the bop application?
And is this the same for daily races? Thank you in advance.

Whst exactly is bop?
Balance of Performance. It changes the car's power and weight.
So i cant take my own setup into the races?
Yep, setups are locked when the car is in BoP, so you can't do anything to them.
Does it Matter if i take my own car or if i lend a car? Are they different after the bop application?
And is this the same for daily races?
Renting or using your own car makes no difference for BoP. And yes, same for Daily.

Whst exactly is bop?
"Balance of Performance".
It changes the pp of my car to the specified value right?
Not exactly; it changes the power and weight of your car to specific values.
So i cant take my own setup into the races?
Correct.
Does it Matter if i take my own car or if i lend a car? Are they different after the bop application?
No.
And is this the same for daily races?
Yes.

Yesterday I had tried A/T & today I tried M/t. Was able to better my time by a tenth. I feel confident now I'll finish this TT in Gold category which I wasn't expecting. But sheesh as my optimum is about 7 tenths faster which I couldn't achieve despite the long number of laps I drove today.

20240731_194533.jpg

20240731_193100.jpg

Yay, Red Bull Ring again! :banghead:

And it couldn't be Trial Mountain in normal layout with a nice road car, they just had to think of something stupid.

I imagine those lunch meetings at the PD HQ, where employees compete who will think of the more ridiculous combo, and the winner doesn't have to pay.

1722439629964.png

Wait... I didn't realize this... apoligize if it's redundant, but I'd like to understand

Let's take RaceA this week. I get my own Alfa Romeo 8C, buy all perks, adjust all the configuration to suite my driving style (meaning copy someone's setup :dunce:), jump in the race and what happens is that power restrictor is nerfed and ballast is added to reach the PP, while all the other stuff (suspension, gear ratio, wings , ...) is kept unchanged?

Does it apply to TT too?

zjn
while all the other stuff (suspension, gear ratio, wings , ...) is kept unchanged?
Umm... no? The guy said "so I can't take my own setup into the races?" and I said "Correct". Because you can't.

To reiterate, you can't take your own setup into an event under BOP (although those Daily Races for Gr.3/Gr.4 cars where some car settings are made available allow you to adjust the cars to some degree, under BOP).

BOP can also increase power, so no it's not as simple as nerfing it through the power restrictor.

zjn
View attachment 1376995

Wait... I didn't realize this... apoligize if it's redundant, but I'd like to understand

Let's take RaceA this week. I get my own Alfa Romeo 8C, buy all perks, adjust all the configuration to suite my driving style (meaning copy someone's setup :dunce:), jump in the race and what happens is that power restrictor is nerfed and ballast is added to reach the PP, while all the other stuff (suspension, gear ratio, wings , ...) is kept unchanged?

Does it apply to TT too?

No, everything is set to a predetermined standard, unless tuning is allowed. The physical appearance will remain, wings and splitters, but will not have any effect on the behavior of the car in the race

Back