Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,666 comments
@Pesselles
Ill Be Back Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

1.01.516 (Tcs2 //Cs weak) High Speed Ring 🎮

Optimal is 2xx but as always I could not put the pieces together 🤷‍♂️🙈
Anyway it took some serious lapping removing the nasty Austrian guy from the sweet spot on my board .
After I succeeded I call it a day 😎

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpeg
    IMG_1315.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1314.jpeg
    IMG_1314.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 1
New test today in Mount Panorama and improve my time at 2'32'402 with optimal time at 2'32'065
With DS5 and sensitivity at 8 and brakes in low
View attachment 1382065

I've watched your replay and said: "ok, I'm on the same line here... ok, I brake here too.... same here... " and at the end, you're almost 1 sec faster... :eek: Very impressive lap, my friend, fantastic score!!

I’m losing time sector one, first bend to be fair struggling to be under 24 seconds consistently.

Over the top of the mountain is where I’ve saved most time, you really have to attack it, I find leaving in 4th as long as I can keeps it stable. If I change to 3rd too early it’s all over, no braking, no turning whilst changing down too.

The last corner before you come back down the hill too, you must have a good run outta there, takes 100% comitment thou

Folks, if you see a post that you think needs the site staff's attention, report it to the site staff rather than attempting to moderate it yourself. Alternatively, if you have a problem with one member's posts and they are not necessarily against the site's rules (one of which is "you will, if asked by a representative of the forums, cease posting any content"; just saying) then please use the "Ignore" feature. That is what it is for.

Yes, there's also been some oddly long posts recently - which are a pain to scroll past on mobile (if you're going to post a half-dozen pictures, please consider using the [spoiler] and [/spoiler] tags to reduce the screen-height of your post; we also have threads just for posting pictures) - and it's strange that we have people complaining about one over-eager member's... contributions and not several very large cat pictures which added even less to the thread. However we've now had another half a page of whining about it barely a couple of weeks after I told everyone to move on, and that's even less constructive.

By all means have fun, but the purpose of this thread is to discuss GT7's Online Time Trials, and to share and help one another, not become a self-referential clique where off-topic behaviour is tolerated from the right people but not the wrong ones.

2:32.805 at the Bathtub in the Clio, nearly a second taken off with a few laps today, getting the flow is key for me, this car is all about momentum it seems, and managing the weight transfer through the kinks is the only area I'm struggling with, I may come back to it to see if I can get near my optimum but for now it's on to Laguna Seca...

PS Cats rule over all 😼

Last edited:
No improvement at MP tonight, my Cliow was a bit tired.

S1: 24.0xx - braking a bit later and putting gas earlier help to gain tenths
S2: 54.0xx - I score now on this mark on a regular basis. The exit speed at the Cutting is the key
S3: 39:7xx - I really need to negociate the downhill and the Dipper much better to expect a real improvement at the end
S4: 35.7xx - still perfectible but I'm more confident now here

Still 10 days to enter the "2:32" Club to escape @P-Courty threat...

1724011701942.png

Bravo @bluealpine you're really impressive with the Renault!!
#Teambreizh

PS Cats rule over all 😼
At least this is what they think... @KK78 just accepted your invitation. I didn't realize it was coming from a member until I saw your signature.

I finally have a sharable time at Brathwurst
1916744745171-screenshotUrl.jpg

I have at least another "easy" second in me, since I quite constantly reach my ghost by the start of the uphill. There the issues start: the left hander just starting the uphill is a mistery. I'm very tentative there binning laps by spinning, painting walls, or slowing down too much. The rest of the up-down is by design error prone. Hopefully I will make it.

Laguna Seca is quite hard to me.
The thing that I hate most here are not the sausages (which to be clear I hate), but the fact that most of the errors end in the sand. This is killing my mental momentum and throw me out of flow.
1916745adcf38-screenshotUrl.jpg

Yesterday was another attempt at Laguna. I couldn't do jack then switched to ABS weak. Immediate pickup of 3 tenths. Many laps later, I could only drop another tenth, putting me in the 1:21.5's. Still not in gold, I reluctantly went back there today. 40+ miles and I couldn't touch yesterday's time. I switched back to ABS default for the heck of it. 3 tenth pickup on my first lap. What?? :confused: At least it's gold (barely for now).
IMG_3524.jpg

Safe to say the Laguna Seca Time Trial requires ounces of patience (and exact lines to get a gold time consistently). Was stuck getting 1:21.4xx/5xx times but eventually managed a 1:21.392 which was nice but not quick enough - even did a 1:21.398 not long after.

After enough hatred and questioning everything I managed to get a 1:21.308 with an optimal time of 1:21.138 which would be perfect to secure gold with - I don’t think my gold time will hold but we’ll see.

Also noticing the AMG isn’t very forgiving with braking before the corkscrew (I don’t particularly like the pickup truck brake marker suggested) and I can’t seem to nail the last sector properly (I think that’s where I’m losing all my time on the lap), way too much understeer and hates the last corner for whatever reason.

Also did this with ABS on weak and I’m seeing on here that perhaps doing it on normal is better, or I’m probably making that up?!

Safe to say the Laguna Seca Time Trial requires ounces of patience (and exact lines to get a gold time consistently). Was stuck getting 1:21.4xx/5xx times but eventually managed a 1:21.392 which was nice but not quick enough - even did a 1:21.398 not long after.

After enough hatred and questioning everything I managed to get a 1:21.308 with an optimal time of 1:21.138 which would be perfect to secure gold with - I don’t think my gold time will hold but we’ll see.

Also noticing the AMG isn’t very forgiving with braking before the corkscrew (I don’t particularly like the pickup truck brake marker suggested) and I can’t seem to nail the last sector properly (I think that’s where I’m losing all my time on the lap), way too much understeer and hates the last corner for whatever reason.

Also did this with ABS on weak and I’m seeing on here that perhaps doing it on normal is better, or I’m probably making that up?!
I feel your pain. :lol: I fly by the truck before the Corkscrew so fast, I'm not even sure where I'm braking compared to it. As for the Corkscrew itself, I can't get the car to turn in at corner entry using 2nd gear. I have to drop down to first to get the initial turn in - being careful not to turn in too hard, otherwise the car will snap - before popping it back up into 2nd and being very careful on the throttle. I posted a couple days ago how I get loads of understeer in the left hander after the Corkscrew. You aren't alone. And the car seems inconsistent whether it wants to turn in the final corner or continue straight into the gravel/sand.

And the car seems inconsistent whether it wants to turn in the final corner or continue straight into the gravel/sand.
Yup. Had my first session last night, drove around 15-20 laps (when I say laps, I mean attempts, many of which ended me facing the wrong way or in the sand). I think I'm at around 1:20.8xx something, but it's so tricky, the car understeers like crazy at some points and then just sticks to the road at some other points, mainly because of the RS tires. I don't know, I will chase the low 20s for sure, it's manageable. And the Corkscrew in VR... Impossible :lol: You can't see anything when you are starting to descend, just pure luck whether you will nail the line or go 2 meters right or left :lol:

I wonder how many drivers will earn gold on Bathhurst. I am at 2'35.800 and my main goal is to maybe get a sub 2'35.000. But we'll see what happens in the next week.
That corkscrew is a mess. It can ruin anybody's lap! You have to brake real early to trace a line down the hill as straight as possible.

Last edited:
The AMG TT dominated my weekend:
Friday: only had time for 12 laps, no improvement, still 1,5 sec from gold
Saturday: i managed a new personal record of spins and retries, but after almost 300 Km i had a 1:21,407. Just 0,037 sec from gold
Sunday: part 2 of the spinning party, making it perfect thru turn 2 was a chance of 1 to 20. But after another 100 Km i finaly made it:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240818175214.jpg

I hope so much this will last! The french alien in the lead has broken the 1:19 barrier after i entered gold and i hope is happy with that. I've watched his "old" 1:19 lap - unbelievable! It looks like he's using different physics! He's later on the brakes and still hits every apax! Absolutely alien!

BWX
The only thing interesting about this lap is that I did it on flat screen with a controller / auto transmission and it was about 6 tenths faster than my PSVR2/ Wheel / manual transmission first attempt gold lap. I can't even usually gold these with a controller. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1382169

View attachment 1382170

Thanks for sharing, this should help @KAlex122 to finally score a sub 33.600... :dopey:

I think I must have given you my mindset some how 😂 I've been like this with the TTs for a while now.

G29 is getting set up at my gaming PC desk tomorrow along with the PS4 being moved there too, see how it feels from pad the wheel with the new physics.

Question for the Clio TT, seems that everyone is saying it is a pretty easy one to gold, but how come so mamy people are really high up on the leaderboard? If loads of peiple are golding it with really good times then surely others should be dropping down the board 🤷🏻‍♂️ everyone seems to be 1-1000 on this one.

Looks like it's a GTP gold leader board only 😂
The Time Trials do something much needed for my brain. It keeps me focused. Good for my mental health.

Haven't yet read through here since I last logged in, so not sure if you mentioned how it feels with the G29 as compared to pad. I have a feeling that you will get a long way better on the wheel.

Now when I read about you ninjas having difficulty with Corkscrew I checked my video comparison again and to my surprise I see WR holder R8G Kylian19 doing some tricks that I haven't paid attention to first time I studied lap comparison. So I usually release gas pedal and then hit the brakes, he actually hit the brakes while still having gas pedal fully pressed. Check this print screen, his replay above, my replay lower half. This is exact moment where he hits brakes, use markers on right if you like. ABS lamp lits in that moment, for him, while I released gas and will brake slightly later. Hope this helps whoever is chasing corkscrew improvements. Regarding ABS, I tested both, default works better for me. I am at 1:20.6 which I managed to repeat exactly same time exactly same millisecond, and do have a bit more in me but we all know how difficult is to nail all turns your best times.

1000026492.png

Well....04:30 AM my sleep was over or something.... yesterday my nightly/early morning session got me something so why not try again... @04:55 it worked out 🤣🤣

I have a love hate relationship with Bathurst...
Im getting more consistent on all corners exept the very last one.... what an absoluut arse of a turn in the Clio 🤣
I tried 2nd...3th.... it all feels slow and slidy..

I was so mad after I had my first 1:55.6xx split which would have gotten me a sub 31 for sure but yeah.... stuffed it up ofcourse....
By going into deep on the forlast one and binning the last one..

Did manage some improvement along the way though.
Right behind @Dolph Drago for now.

1000024752.jpg

BWX
The only thing interesting about this lap is that I did it on flat screen with a controller / auto transmission and it was about 6 tenths faster than my PSVR2/ Wheel / manual transmission first attempt gold lap. I can't even usually gold these with a controller. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1382169

View attachment 1382170

I gave your lap a fire-like, that was awesome, you have skills man. However this will be a hard gold for me to grab.

not sure if you mentioned how it feels with the G29 as compared to pad.
I didn't end up finding the time to repair it on the weekend 🤞 will get it done on Saturday.

Still 10 days to enter the "2:32" Club to escape @P-Courty threat...
Oops, your moooove 🐮😉

1000011353.jpg

I did take a screenshot but forgot to send it to my phone 😂

I couldn't go working away for a few days knowing you were back ahead, so jumped on this morning for 20 minutes.

Lap 3 I improved to a lower 2:33.2** then on lap 4 i took over 1 second off yesterdays time.

I have found that a little bit of slip angle in most corners really helps maintain speed in this car (especially T2), I was faster than The Kies ghost through 3 of the corners but he gets away at the dipper.

Last edited:
I didn't end up finding the time to repair it on the weekend 🤞 will get it done on Saturday.

Oops, your moooove 🐮😉

I did take a screenshot but forgot to send it to my phone 😂

I couldn't go working away for a few days knowing you were back ahead, so jumped on this morning for 20 minutes.

Lap 3 I improved to a lower 2:33.2** then on lap 4 i took over 1 second off yesterdays time.

I have found that a little bit of slip angle in most corners really helps maintain speed in this car (especially T2), I was faster than The Kies ghost through 3 of the corners but he gets away at the dipper.
BRAVO:
  • for your fantastic score :yuck:;)
  • for using the spoiler :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • for giving me motivation to come back :mischievous:

Latest Posts

Back