Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,721 comments
Looks like my short string of top 1000 finishes is over with this one. I ran out of talent a couple of tenths ago. At this point it is just sweat and luck.
It probably was going to end with Suzuka anyway, at least I won't be killing myself there to try and keep it going.

IMG_20240821_153401713.jpg

zjn
Good session tonight at Bathurst.
I first lowered my time by .3s, pitted, changed oil and livery, and I scretched another .9s.
I'm quite consistent in S1 (24.0x - 24.2x) and S2 (54.7x - 55.0x), whereas S3 and S4 I reach to few times to get stats. However best S3 is 39.7, S4 is 36.0

How do you see these sector times? I guess my gold chances are in S3, that is where is harder to extract.

View attachment 1382831
I have the same S1 times. Don't know S2 and 3. On my last session under 2:33 i was just thinking for 2 minutes straight: don't brake too late, priority is the acceleration out of the corners.

Hit up Mt. Panorama after work today and actually cut my time a little. Got it down to 2:32.035, but messed up the chicane and final turn a little so i might actually still be able to cut it down a little more. Replay is shared if anyone wants to use the ghost. I really do consider myself an average driver so if i can do it so can you.

191767c3aed26-screenshotUrl.jpg

Decided to try out the Clio TT and after getting my eye in it’s actually a reasonably forgiving TT - just don’t touch the grass and you’ll be ok. After a few laps managed a respectable 2:32.768 which appears to be well enough for Gold although I reckon a 2:31.xxx is definitely possible.

I seem to lose my time mostly on the downhill breaking part but perhaps I can be braver on it, otherwise the rest of the lap seems smooth.

Sweet mother of jesus, so close, I had the 19s, but tonight was not the night. Figured out the first part, improved the first sector from .500 to .350-400, I almost figured out the Corkscrew, but whenever I had THE lap, I chickened out in the last sector and took it too careful. The hunt continues tomorrow!

1724282431239.jpg

Ironically, my favourite corner is on the screenshot...

Bathurst done, golded etc. after another hiatus from TTs but I will never miss this track... Good riddance.

Kind of OT but the Clio on the other hand invoked mixed feelings. I have to emphasize it was very engaging and fun to drive despite the usual MR braking issues, but I was kind of underwhelmed by it's performance. I remember it being one of, if not, the most powerful hot hatches at the time it was launched. I read car magazines at the time it came out and in my eyes a hatchback with a 3-liter V6 engine instead of rear seats was something unimaginable. Fast forward to having done my first laps on this TT and noticing the car really had to haul its weight even to get out of the uphill section I honestly thought it was BOP limited to Clio 172 numbers or something of the like.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the car, if not the track, but there's something to be said about modern engineering when a GR Yaris can put out the same numbers nowadays with half the cylinders and half the engine capacity.

Oh would ya look at that, it's Suzuka........... again.
Yeah, we've had Suzuka enough and here PD slams it to us again. It has to be for the Nations Cups and Manufacturer Cup events because whichever track is represented there, PD brings it in the online TT's. I'm glad it's not a VGT one but still, I think I did pretty bad on the Group 2 challenge. Maybe this is my call to give it another go this time? If so, I'm going with the NSX one worth 800,000 credits. I think it's the best one I used in certain races and events in the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, we've had Suzuka enough and here PD slams it to us again. It has to be for the Nations Cups and Manufacturer Cup events because whichever track is represented there, PD brings it in the online TT's. I'm glad it's not a VGT one but still, I think I did pretty bad on the Group 2 challenge. Maybe this is my call to give it another go this time? If so, I'm going with the NSX one worth 800,000 credits. I think it's the best one I used in certain races and events in the game.
You mean like this one they did... four months ago. At typically two TTs a month, eight TTs ago.

236_945ededf34b67d239b3cd50a5af6d441.png

Last edited:
Well I would have preferred somewhere like Watkins Glen since that is one of my favorite courses. My stepdad was born in New York and when he turned 20, he moved to North Carolina. And if it was me that chose the class of cars, it would have been an American car lap challenge where you choose between the Viper, Mustang, Camaro, and recent Corvette cars.

Oh well, until next time...

Last edited:
Finally got under 1:21 at Laguna Seca. It felt like the first lap the car actually somewhat turned in the left hander after the corkscrew instead of suffering with the understeer that usually kills me there. I think this should be safe for gold. Much better than the 2.98% I was at before. Of course, PD then rewarded me with two, 5,000 credit "prizes" when I opened up the amazing 3 star tickets collected yesterday and today. Wonderful. :rolleyes:
IMG_3535.jpg

View attachment 1382905

That was the goal. Hopefully it's done. What a pain!
Great mate, hopefully your time will hold. I'm dreading it this weekend, but I've got to be brave and just roll through it. My goal is a high silver. I'm not confident about gold yet as I did not gold the lap attack on the Circuit Experience yet. So, how do you feel about Suzuka (Gr. 2) challenge coming up? We've had this combo before, I'm not looking forward to some of the sections of the track, but sigh. Oh well, it is what it is!

Last edited:
Once the TT is over, is there any way to know at which rank I was at when the TT ended?
If you send me your profile page I can help. See here.

Turning down the controller sensitivity actually helped in terms of overall fastest lap thus far, but it's obviously a compromise for actually cornering smoothly and probably isn't going to yield the ultimate lap time.
I never adjust controller sensitivity but for the Clio with the new physics I found that reducing it from 10 down to 6 worked for more control at the dipper.

I have also found with the new physics, on the DS4 motion steering, I am using CSA a lot more even though I am better with slidey car TT I think I have used it on all TTs since the update now.

A side note with your braking being different, I found that (even before the update), if I had TCS on any level other than 0, I could not brake as late as I normally would, it always seems to affect braking distance for some wierd reason so If I can avoid it and possibly switch ASM on for a bit more stability instead then I do that, I started to do this after the GT Movie Nissan RBR TT.

Hope that might help a bit.

On another note, these aliens really do look very human/life like cough @Jeje6410 cough 😂

Also @Pesselles I guess this was you that I saw at Mount Panorama then, did they give you that DD as a present after the probing? 🤣
Jealous (about the Fanatec, not the probing 😝)

1000011338.jpg

Last edited:
My time for GT atm is barely existent, didn't even try the Barthurst TT yet, but after I saw one of my favorite tracks and classes in Suzuka and Group 2 (I'm probably one of very very few people here) I had to try some laps before work.

Didn't expect to be in the yellow range after only 2 laps which tells me that I hit my peak even earlier then usual or that there is still some time for me to gain.

Hopefully I have some time on the weekend because i really enjoy this combo.

Happy laping folks :cheers: :gtpflag:

1917981718d62-screenshotUrl.jpg

I gave up on the HSR TT after my first attempt, securing a silver time but not really convinced a gold was on the cards. Ended up somewhere north of 50k finishing position, which won't help my average, but I really couldn't find the motivation to put the effort in to knock thousandths off.

Instead I slapped a rough livery on one of my Clio V6's and headed to Mount Panorama for a few laps. Low silver (2:34.1XX) so far, not too far off a gold time! Will be back for more on this one, without a doubt!

Back