Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,913 comments

Unbelievable, I got close to gold by an inkling. This game is evil, that's all I have to say.

My time: 1'35.370
Gold time: 1'35.331

Well, what can I do except to keep pushing hard and I mean super hard! I know I can do this, I gotta polish up on Sector 3, and that sharp left turn.

Last edited:
Hahaha oh what a funny morning for me 😂
I am chasing 1:51 on dragon trail...
Soo...
I was on conference for 3 days, people from all offices around Europe and we took some trip to other city, then meetings and workshops and activities and late evenings... Somehow for those reasons I was so speeded up and couldn't unwind and sleep I am somehow, and what a coincidence, waking up three last mornings exactly at 05:20 and can't continue sleeping
So with this intro, I woke up today 5:20 and said to myself I saw new TT dragon trail let's see how it is. I usually get gold quickly on first session and today I said to myself let me check what my GT planet buddies that are usually there around my time have on dragon trail. Being so tired I see @Gomario JSP @Evilmuffin @Dolph Drago @half_sourly all of you 1:51 something... So I set target, 1:51 it is ..
Oh boy
😂
Chasing
Bouncing over curbs
Weight shifts
This
That...
I realize, I am so tired from conference and sleepy almost dizzy...I can't make it, not near. Didn't had time to see any video replay, any guide, any post here since I know I am behind 500 posts.... Just turned on PS and started...
OK..I give up... Bronze it is, I think...and first when I press exit....
AAAAAAAAA
I don't need 1:51... That's impossible...I forgot that I saw 1:54....hahhaha....
Started laughing like crazy here...
Anyhow 1:54 it is at first season... 😂😂😂
1000027742.jpg
1000027744.jpg

Ha, might try that after work actually for a challenge. Will let you know how badly it goes!

I always do that (turn the controller anyway as if it makes a difference) and the wife laughs at me and says along the lines of "why are you turning the controller, it's not a steering wheel"

Now next time I can tell her she's wrong 😎😎 and I will love every second of it!
Here is one inspirational video.

I can highly recommend to try Deep Forest TT with Mitsubishi. Motion control suits that one well, here are my settings for that one ( I use totally opposite for Dragon trail since Corvette shift weight like crazy)
You can check with @P-Courty what settings he uses, he taught me what they do.
Good luck and enjoy the ride. Need help? Ask here and I will try to help.
1000027503.jpg
1000027502.jpg

Unbelievable, I got close to gold by an inkling. This game is evil, that's all I have to say.

My time: 1'35.370
Gold time: 1'35.331

Well, what can I do except to keep pushing hard and I mean super hard! I know I can do this, I gotta polish up on Sector 3, and that sharp left turn.

I watched the replay here. Nice work Chris. You seem to be getting the hang of a manual. Only thing I will suggest at this point to get you into gold is to tighten up your apexes just a tad, and in the last hairpin shift down to 1st for turn in and rotation but right back up to second before you accelerate out. I think those two things will get you gold. Good luck.

Hahaha oh what a funny morning for me 😂
Good to have you back again! , I jade kind of the same feeling, I noticed Homestad his evil lap and tried some myself....... backwards.....slippin and sliding to all invalidated laptimes 😜🤣🤣 eventually I was in the wrong gears 🤣🤣🤣
I watched the replay here. Nice work Chris. You seem to be getting the hang of a manual. Only thing I will suggest at this point to get you into gold is to tighten up your apexes just a tad, and in the last hairpin shift down to 1st for turn in and rotation but right back up to second before you accelerate out. I think those two things will get you gold. Good luck.
I think he is on AT here? Although it hard to see on my mobile 😁

@Chris30 congrats on that lap, that is very close to a gold time and looks already a lot better than previous laps you have shown!
If you run about the same lap again and don't completely miss T1 you are in, great job.

Serious question.... why have you turned CSA on?, what do you think changes in behaviour of this combo?, ( because i tried and was a lot slower with it ) 😜

Good to have you back again! , I jade kind of the same feeling, I noticed Homestad his evil lap and tried some myself....... backwards.....slippin and sliding to all invalidated laptimes 😜🤣🤣 eventually I was in the wrong gears 🤣🤣🤣

I think he is on AT here? Although it hard to see on my mobile 😁

@Chris30 congrats on that lap, that is very close to a gold time and looks already a lot better than previous laps you have shown!
If you run about the same lap again and don't completely miss T1 you are in, great job.

Serious question.... why have you turned CSA on?, what do you think changes in behaviour of this combo?, ( because i tried and was a lot slower with it ) 😜
I watched it on a small screen. It seemed like it was mt but I'm still half asleep 😴 You might be right and I'll watch again. Either way, I think just apexing more tightly would be enough...

Edit to add, yes you are correct. I was still sleeping. 😂😂

Last edited:
Another 1 hr session.....another 3 laps completed 🤣🤣 Made it to the COD 4 times 🙈

Did improve by a bit, but I was extremely conservative at the COD after posting my fastest sector 2 split. Could've gone for broke and gained 2/10s, but that would probably end in tears 🤧

1000077794.jpg

Meanwhile, we all patiently await for @Dan_Tes to get on, complains he has no time and only manage 2 laps, and post a 1:53.8s 😂😂

zjn
Reading at the new TT comments sacries me a bit. I feel it's time to get out paint and brush, there are new barriers to repaint...

@manou would you like to elaborate a bit on your sentence? I'm very curious about it and would like to understand what you mean. Thanks
Oh, it's just that I'm fully committed to Assetto Corsa Competizione the last few weeks. And driving sharp GT3 cars all the time, then going back to an old Corvette is not an easy task. You have to rewire your brain. But the new TT is not really hard once you get it.

One advice, stay clear of the massive kerb on turn 3, the reward is not worth it.

Oh, it's just that I'm fully committed to Assetto Corsa Competizione the last few weeks. And driving sharp GT3 cars all the time, then going back to an old Corvette is not an easy task. You have to rewire your brain. But the new TT is not really hard once you get it.

One advice, stay clear of the massive kerb on turn 3, the reward is not worth it.
That kerb alone destroyed more laps for me yesterday than any other part of the track so I'm with you there.

But at some point I was getting a little aggravated by messing it up and thought ok, I'm just gonna send it like a lawnmower and really cut the corner and rather surprisingly it solved all my problems with that turn.

At least for me it turned out to be (some tenths) faster to drive over it rather than avoiding it altogether but it requires you to cut it deeper than you would normally consider feasible. Like left-hand side of the car on the kerb and right-hand side on the grass. But this is just based on my own experience following Tidgney's lap guide.

E: just to make sure we are talking about the same turn as I'm not sure if the kinks are considered turns, I'm referring to the one on Evilmuffin's video at 0:28.

Last edited:
Another 1 hr session.....another 3 laps completed 🤣🤣 Made it to the COD 4 times 🙈

Did improve by a bit, but I was extremely conservative at the COD after posting my fastest sector 2 split. Could've gone for broke and gained 2/10s, but that would probably end in tears 🤧

View attachment 1388801

Meanwhile, we all patiently await for @Dan_Tes to get on, complains he has no time and only manage 2 laps, and post a 1:53.8s 😂😂

Nice!

this is going to take some work to realy end up top 100 I think.... somuch time to gain......and sooooo much time to loose....
And you know what corner I still don't understand after my morning session?......
The last freaking corner.... I have no idea how to take that 🤣

Nice!

this is going to take some work to realy end up top 100 I think.... somuch time to gain......and sooooo much time to loose....
And you know what corner I still don't understand after my morning session?......
The last freaking corner.... I have no idea how to take that 🤣
That one is actually fairly easy for me. Brake at the 150 board, take a somewhat narrow line and trail brake as usual. There are 2 orange barrier to the right. I should be release all the brakes by the first one, and get on partial throttle to maintain minimum apex speed. By the 2nd one I should be on the throttle full (or nearly full) and blast out of it.

why do you hate me...😭😭😭 .i am all love 😊😊😍😍🤣🤣
View attachment 1388873
You can tempt me , you can see it in my face
200w (6).gif

PS
Ok am joking and of course you all know that , but sometimes it's so frustrating to have difficulties and others deal with it like an ordinary routine.

Being older , unfortunately can't stand alone as an excuse except only one time in the past , when Monica Bellucci refuse my love by saying am a bit old for her and probably i couldn't follow her busy rhythm of life 😱

Jeje- smooth 1-2

Alright guys,

things are finally beginning to settle down a bit at work. I managed to spend some time behind the wheel again, and will hopefully return to a more regular schedule soon. Feels good to be back for now :)

After the debacle with the Honda in Spa where I received my first silver in a long time and found myself firmly in the lower half of the GTP board, I worried that I had lost my mojo. So I'm relieved to see that both current TTs yield better results again and, more importantly, are way more fun, although in very different ways.

As others have pointed out, the Lancer drives like it's on rails. I'm not sure if I invalidated even a single lap, and most laps landed in a very narrow corridor of maybe three tenths. I guess because there is so little potential to mess up badly, you have to really perfectly execute every single manoeuvre to make a difference on the board.

1726272431040.png

I haven't checked the stats, but being below 1% is surely 👽 territory in many other TTs, yet here it might not even be enough for top 1,000. Fierce competition. 🤷‍♂️

And then there's Dragon Trail. Reading stuff like @Evilmuffin managing 3 valid laps in a one hour session made me expect the worst :lol:... this was further reinforced when, contrary to my typical routine, I played a bit on the PS Portal because the TV was occupied. I think I managed a single valid lap in 30 attempts, and that was a 2:06 or something :D ... but in the end it only highlighted how absolutely worthless I am on a flat screen with a controller (seriously, I have no idea how you guys can be so damn fast on a controller, it feels like a completely different game to me - one that I suck at :lol:).

Because when I finally got behind the wheel and put on the headset, things went surprisingly smooth. Yes, the Vette is a bit floaty, but always predictable and just fun to throw around. I had a few red laps, mostly in the COD, but I could never fault the car for that. Went into gold territory relatively quickly, then needed another 30 mins or so to join the 1:54 club, which was my goal for today. I think a few more tenths might still on the table.

1726272720073.png

Happy lapping! :D

1726273128679.png

1726273182942.png

Last edited:
Back