Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,088 comments
Look, I'm going to be busy tonight, so I'll have to post my runs over the weekend. But there is plenty of time on the Suzuka and the Grand Valley ones. I'm not sure yet if I will improve anymore at Seaside. The C.O.D. stresses me out everytime I go through it. And perfecting the Sector is a small job on it's own. because if I do not do it right, I have to restart my trial/run.

@2cam16 Great job. So, how are you doing at Seaside? I suck there apparently in that sliding Vette.

Last edited:
The TCS 1 trick did help.

IMG_20240920_101721.jpg

IMG_5610.jpeg

Got it done with a couple restarts and a @Tidgney ghost tonight.

I’m in a safe place but there’s a @Pesselles ahead. Yet I have 2 other very difficult tt on the screen for me.

I’m only silver in the vette and grand valley gives me nightmares.

Carry on and well done everyone. 👍

Don’t forget there’s a Titans thing this weekend. Sunday to be exact. It’s oh no there goes Tokyo, go, go 400R.
IMG_5608.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 1390665

Got it done with a couple restarts and a @Tidgney ghost tonight.

I’m in a safe place but there’s a @Pesselles ahead. Yet I have 2 other very difficult tt on the screen for me.

I’m only silver in the vette and grand valley gives me nightmares.

Carry on and well done everyone. 👍

Don’t forget there’s a Titans thing this weekend. Sunday to be exact. It’s oh no there goes Tokyo, go, go 400R.
View attachment 1390667
Well done for your gold score, yes you're are in a safe place but I'm not sure to perfectly understand this statement:
I’m in a safe place but there’s a @Pesselles ahead.
Can you elaborate more, please? :odd::nervous::P

I jumped onto my Abroad account for the first time in weeks and gave the TT’s a go with the VR on. I tried flatscreen but I just can’t do it these days.

First up was the Corvette. I’ve gotta say I’m having real trouble trying to get this one. I’m currently hovering around the 4% and I’m just not finding the time.

IMG_8598.jpeg

What’s the trick we’re finding time with the Corvette?

Next up was the Mazda Miata at Suzuka. Turn one is giving me huge grief. I mainly go sideways and tail spin round 80% of my time. Only a small number of laps did I actually manage to complete. Somehow though I got gold, so that’s good.😊

IMG_8597.jpeg

Next up was Grand Valley with the formula car. After the Mazda, the speed difference was shocking. Usually, I’m not good with these cars, but in VR it’s something else. Not quite in gold yet, but I’m beginning to find flow with this one. I think there’s a possibility that I might actually get close to or achieve gold if the WR does not move too much

IMG_8599.jpeg

I like this one now. GV is a fav of mine and I like the track. It also gave me an excuse to dig out my formula wheel which I haven’t used for months now. Had to get the full experience :D

IMG_8600.jpeg

Last edited:
Did some trialing yesterday evening. Totally cant understand miata behavior in t1 and t2 as this car allows you to throw it all over the place for the rest of the lap without losing control, but t1 and t2 - noooo - make tiny knife edge inputs and it will still snap its rear on me :) a lot of spins, record lap made with a very lucky controled slide through t1 and t2 without me knowing how I did it. So now I can't replicate it. I like the even time.. gonna be a shame to improve it :)
1920c20693a84-screenshotUrl.jpg

1920c20693910-screenshotUrl.jpg

I also tried the red bull at GV. I enjoy driving the car, but I am far from being fast with it.
1920c2069394-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did the Mazda TT with TC off, as there is not enough power to spin the wheels. T1 is a bit tricky, but manageable. I had much bigger problems with the final turn! It took some time until i learned "Powerrrrrr" isn't the solution. :D
Ended up with a time that should last for gold
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240919181217.jpg

At the end i had some time left and gave GV a try. As i saw that this TT is coming here in the tread i thought, "i'm not gonna touch this aweful car", but there are 2 mill reasons to do so (ok, you can call me a "credits bitch" :D)

I had the same very light steering issue like mentioned before. But that fits the unreal feeling of that "car".
After driving the Mazda, that thing felt like riding a canon ball (speedwise)!
I think i need to watch Tidgneys guide to improve my exits of the slow turns. With that i think i can find the missing tenths to get gold:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240919183859.jpg

I did, in my former record of 1:27.998.

The only thing I hate in the X2019 is that excessive wheelspin. Even the faster X2014 is more tolerable on corner exits at low speeds.
I agree ! The tight left (turn 7 I think), Tidgney exit in 2nd gear, I don't get how he does it. If I do that even with TCS, I have wheelspin in 2nd, then wheelspin in 3rd, even wheelspin in 4th. SO I exit in 3rd, it's slower but it's safer...

I think i need to watch Tidgneys guide to improve my exits of the slow turns. With that i think i can find the missing tenths to get gold:
Honestly, you are missing one full second, and even so I'm not sure it'd be safe.

Morning folks,

Little morning run in the Loosy Goosy car...

I ran .191 3 freaking times before i called it quit and had to go to work...
There is more in it for sure, but jeezz.... T1 and T-last.....:lol:

1920e7f11ce2-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Metalgear9493 i totally agree on T1, it's my most inconsistent corner ever :lol: :lol:
But very fun to follow you on this track... although... try to follow you :lol:

Nice job again!

Latest Posts

Back