Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,028 comments
I was so busy chasing the rabbit known as @Jeje6410 at St. Croissant that I didn't notice all the incredible times you guys have been racking up.
Hats off to @Dan_Tes, @Gomario JSP ,@Stormbreaker ,@Dolph Drago ,@crome,@Carlos Fandango ,@half_sourly as well as the usual suspects, @djolliea , @Barareklam . Incredible times, guys. I can find very few rewards with this combination, just a whole bunch of severe punishments.
I hope to avoid another tenth or two in punishments to try to run down the rabbit.

IMG_20241015_134943515.jpg

STC-Genesis-5laps-2.jpg

WR improved a lot since I did my first laps...

Anyway managed to get into silver at least. Need to work more to learn the track.

Medium is shirt, due to a a very sticky barrier which spun me around.

Gold seems far now that aliens know the track better, really not sure to be able to reach it.

I couldn't care less. I will go EA WRC instead to get some Hyundai around the bend... Good luck to all participants!
I'll definitely give it a go but I can't help but feel I'll be left with my typical sentiment that I have when considering GT7 and rallying, and that is... it's nothing like rallying.

I recall the S license test on Lake Louise in the legendary 205 and how it nearly resulted in me moving to the moon in frustration, so yeah, in short, I can't wait :D

So, on to this orange atom bomb and St.Croix. I had quite a lot of trepidation about this one, partially down to the reaction on here, my own PTSD from this car's brother and the Monza TT a while back and also the fact that St.Croix is a fictional track for a reason, namely, it looks like a kid made it on a SpirographTM and has more corners than a rhombicosidodecahedron.

BUT

It's actually not that bad, in fact, once I got a bit of flow, it was pretty fun, particularly because my early times were so poor I would lop chunks off lap after lap, soon getting into silver (which is where I had resigned myself to at the start) A few more laps saw me closing in on Gold and eventually, I've landed just under a tenth into Gold with a 2:41.864 without TC (I've played around with no TC, TC2 and ASM)

I doubt this will last and I won't mind having another go but I don't think I'll be busting a gut to go way faster because for firstly, I'm not sure I can, secondly, I'm still confused as to whether I'm better off with TC or not and thirdly because even though this has been fun, the lap is too long for me, penalties and mistakes mean a restart and I'm still frustrated that I can't see what was great and bad from one lap to the next (aside from the obvious) and I can have a blinding 1st sector only to lose that advantage somewhere in sector 3.

Hats off to those in the sub-1:40.500's you guys have a lot more skill and patience than me :cheers:

IMG_3645.png

My break from St Croix turned out a bit shorter than anticipated, so hello once again! 🤣

This TT keeps on giving, it's really grown to be one of my favourites by now, surprisingly. There's just so much that can happen in a single lap. You might be down a couple of tenths after the first few sectors and suddenly find yourself en route to a new PB because you nail two or three corners. Which is kind of what happened to me here. S2 split was a 45.932. Not bad but not great either. But then an excellent S3 turned the lap around and at the end of S4 on the bridge I saw 1:51.591. I got a bit scared and played it safe from there, but still bested my previous PB by over three tenths. 🤩

1729038681346.png

So this is currently top 100, but it won't hold unless I find yet another tenth, better two. Which is not impossible, but I am definitely approaching the ceiling now. We'll see ...

Happy lapping!

Last edited:
My break from St Croix turned out a bit shorter than anticipated, so hello once again! 🤣

This TT keeps on giving, it's really grown to be one of my favourites by now, surprisingly. There's just so much that can happen in a single lap. You might be down a couple of tenths after the first few sectors and suddenly find yourself en route to a new PB because you nail two or three corners. Which is kind of what happened to me here. S2 split was a 45.932. Not bad but not great either. But then an excellent S3 turned the lap around and at the end of S4 on the bridge I saw 1:51.591. I got a bit scared and played it safe from there, but still bested my previous PB by over three tenths. 🤩

View attachment 1397911

So this is currently top 100, but it won't hold unless I find yet another tenth, better two. Which is not impossible, but I am definitely approaching the ceiling now. We'll see ...

Happy lapping!

😍😍😍 Very very very beautiful lap my friend !!!!!!
Bravo !!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::cheers:👏👏👏👏👏

View attachment 1397911

Happy lapping!

Glückwunsch! Insanely clean driving 👽 Hope this holds or you can improve even further to secure that top 100.

And take some pics of good old earth from the mothership while you're up there :D

Michelin are doing another sponsor TT. Europeans only, Hyundai Genesis Gr.B at Lake Louise Long Track. Winner gets a trip to the GTWS finals.

Proud I Did It GIF by myHQ

Sport Driving GIF by FIA World Rally Championship

About Time GIF by BBC

@half_sourly do you have country originis too for previous Lake Louise with Yaris, if you do, can I pleae get a list from country origin for P1 to P30, I wonder how many were from outside of "Europe" on that one? I put a quotes around "Europe" since I see Michelin for example do not count some countrys in Europe for this TT that will start on Friday, like Serbia, so I guess Vule will not be able to participate.

thank you !

EDIT:*
Nevermind, I tried to go one by one profile manually and I think I got 11 from Europe

Last edited:
@half_sourly do you have country originis too for previous Lake Louise with Yaris, if you do, can I pleae get a list from country origin for P1 to P30, I wonder how many were from outside of "Europe" on that one? I put a quotes around "Europe" since I see Michelin for example do not count some countrys in Europe for this TT that will start on Friday, like Serbia, so I guess Vule will not be able to participate.

thank you !
Only 11 of the top 30 were from countries who may enter this new TT.

1729066597967.png

Thank you, I thought not to bother you and started counting manually and by the time I was done I see you were done with calculations before me. thank you!
And here are the total participants split by qualifying or not for the new TT.

don't qualify for new TTdo qualify for new TT
AE183
AR347
AT1,442
AU3,014
BE1,811
BG139
BH25
BO12
BR2,226
CA3,382
CH1,390
CL260
CN85
CO118
CR76
CY25
CZ1,117
DE12,110
DK597
EC26
ES7,260
FI1,098
FR10,814
GB9,236
GR875
GT24
HK1,881
HN10
HR385
HU799
ID161
IE440
IL64
IN91
IS20
IT5,571
JP13,497
KR269
KW46
LB17
LU139
MT36
MX453
MY318
NI2
NL2,294
NO581
NZ590
OM35
PA23
PE48
PL1,759
PT1,654
PY8
QA19
RO195
RU895
SA207
SE588
SG191
SI134
SK284
SV7
TH257
TR530
TW628
UA276
US13,858
UY64
ZA565
44,043 (41%)63,538 (59%)

Last edited:
I was so busy chasing the rabbit known as @Jeje6410 at St. Croissant that I didn't notice all the incredible times you guys have been racking up.
Hats off to @Dan_Tes, @Gomario JSP ,@Stormbreaker ,@Dolph Drago ,@crome,@Carlos Fandango ,@half_sourly as well as the usual suspects, @djolliea , @Barareklam . Incredible times, guys. I can find very few rewards with this combination, just a whole bunch of severe punishments.
I hope to avoid another tenth or two in punishments to try to run down the rabbit.

View attachment 1397742
Wow, incredible time, you know I'm gonna give this another few rounds this weekend, my aim is to be in the silver club by next week but it depends on how this machine cooperates with me. I'm one of the slow ones, the tortoise. Please wish me a lot of luck, I have to be brave and beat this track like a boss would! I'm not scared of those corners, I'll beat 'em to a pulp!!

Turtle Sneaking Out GIF by Curiosity Stream

Last edited:
For those struggling with the GTR, I found that grip levels continued to improve through the first 6-8 laps... like the tires would take a v. long time to warm up. Started doing longer runs which helped me.
Not feeling much motivation for either event right now though, as I've reached my potential on both I think. Sitting at 206th in the GTR on 1:33.308, and 142nd in the Alfa on 1:14.384 so just waiting for the new event to come out. Good luck and happy lapping to those still grinding out the tenths :cheers:
Last night I decided to try the gold at Nurbg gp with that awful GTR and placebo or not your tip helped me.
At lap 7 (without changing any line or braking point) I started to gain some tenths and I reached a 2.92% wich I believe should be safe.
Thank you!

Last edited:
I've been stuck in at st croix TT and feel the car's badly lacking round here no way am I getting anything like 75% out of what the car is theoretically capable of lots of time sat in 3rd gear to hit those apexes, why can't I change the ratios for a 200mph peak...,
I realy don't think the car is lacking around there, it just needs another way of driving, why are you stuck?, what's your laptime?

I'm just making a quick stop to the forum to say hello. I have seen the “usual” monstrous times posted, which in this TT are a little less “usual” than usual.
I have made a small improvement, now the silver should be safe, but I have been struggling a lot here.

Otherwise, personal life and work are communing to keep me away from the track, so I glory in having done a lot less red laps than you in the last few days :D, hoping to get back to average in the next few.

Hi folks

Quick pitstop before work; I think im done at NBR Sprint, it’s just a bit too tough to tie it all together with the GTR being difficult to be consistent in. Was a fun trial and my lord I do value a short lap! Very slight improvement last night which was not the lap but happy nonetheless

IMG_9417.jpeg

Back to St Croix, I’ll just reiterate that I do like this one a lot; it takes a little while to adjust to especially after the GTR. This thing is pretty mega though, loves to trail brake, rotates really well on a partial throttle. It’s more stable than I was expecting in 3rd gear exits after watching @Tidgney and chasing his ghost.. using 3rd here and there is saving me a lot of time so if I get more opportunity I’d love to get a lap in with this new found knowledge and without mistakes, a slightly scruffy lap got me a new PB but I left another half a second on the table here; not in @djolliea territory but he is a certi-alien so what can ya do :D

IMG_9416.jpeg
IMG_9418.jpeg

If it rains any more here I’ll have to build an Ark to get to work, see you in a few day folks!!

Caught the rabbit and accomplished my 2% goal. 2:39.xxx is theoretically possible but extremely unlikely for me. It was mentally exhausting to get this far. Times in the 38s like @djolliea and @Dan_Tes are putting up are beyond my comprehension (not to mention ability). Big thanks to everyone who has pushed and dragged me this far in the journey.

View attachment 1398009

It’s less than two tenths of a second. You can make that up on one good corner exit. There are many corners. YOU GOT THIS

feral? ✅
bad? ❌
Capable of a 2:39.xxx? ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

Hi folks

Quick pitstop before work; I think im done at NBR Sprint, it’s just a bit too tough to tie it all together with the GTR being difficult to be consistent in. Was a fun trial and my lord I do value a short lap! Very slight improvement last night which was not the lap but happy nonetheless

View attachment 1398002

Back to St Croix, I’ll just reiterate that I do like this one a lot; it takes a little while to adjust to especially after the GTR. This thing is pretty mega though, loves to trail brake, rotates really well on a partial throttle. It’s more stable than I was expecting in 3rd gear exits after watching @Tidgney and chasing his ghost.. using 3rd here and there is saving me a lot of time so if I get more opportunity I’d love to get a lap in with this new found knowledge and without mistakes, a slightly scruffy lap got me a new PB but I left another half a second on the table here; not in @djolliea territory but he is a certi-alien so what can ya do :D

View attachment 1398003View attachment 1398004

If it rains any more here I’ll have to build an Ark to get to work, see you in a few day folks!!
You have the exact same time as me at St. Croix although I almost went 3 tenths faster yesterday

Chopped 7 10th's off in a couple of laps tonight at St.Croix, now on a 2:41.133, still lots of time to find, had a few mistakes on this lap, I guess it depends on what the next TT is and whether I want invest the time to improve further on this combo, I think trying to get more apex curbing and squaring corners more is a way to improve. This lap is with TC1 and I'm still not sure what the best setting is as I've done ok with no TC and then also TC2

As always, I welcome any feedback on my lap if anyone takes a look 👍

IMG_3659.png

I remembered that I liked the GT-R at the short Ring and gave it a final run as I was just outside of gold. Lap no.9 was it and unfortunately lap.no.10 became red as I gained another tenth and came really xlose to you, @Pesselles ! That has been quite a long time ago...
192970c05c72-screenshotUrl.jpg

So, let's hope for a Gr.1 machine in the new TT! (Guess I am the only one with this wish...)

Back