TOCA Season 5 / Spurgy, Joe, DBC, Volvo, Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,321 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your Focus your independent. Nissan, Volvo, and Honda all have open team spots open.

Its filling up already, and Akmuq, DK, Sumo, have not shown up either... neither has Fox or Chris and I know they were interested in being in.

And Joe and Tom.

I will join car I will do some testing.

BTW whats the point in the pitstops in 2 of the races if tire and fuel is off? Its like giving a penalty to everyone.

But anyway I will test cars and then choose.

Will join a team if they want me and the car I want and respective team has a space otherwise I will be independent.

If anyone is willing to save me time which car is best in the corners I don't care how slow it is down the straight.

Last edited:
going to be a very fast grid this season...

Agreed 👍 , i'll get used to double figure finishing spots again :lol:

Lol funny how weight check is an option now with JB and Chqr, hmmm.

Is following advice and taking people's opinions on board not allowed then?

I will join car I will do some testing.

BTW whats the point in the pitstops in 2 of the races if tire and fuel is off? Its like giving a penalty to everyone.

But anyway I will test cars and then choose.

Will join a team if they want me and the car I want and respective team has a space otherwise I will be independent.

If anyone is willing to save me time which car is best in the corners I don't care how slow it is down the straight.

BTCC in the past had pit stops. Around the 'Ring with its unpredicatable weather you neevr know what might happen.

And at Monaco, traffic is such an issue that a well timed stop may jump you ahead of the car in front.

Would love to join, in a Civic if possible

Entry under review.

BTCC in the past had pit stops. Around the 'Ring with its unpredicatable weather you neevr know what might happen.

And at Monaco, traffic is such an issue that a well timed stop may jump you ahead of the car in front.

Fair enough

Also, all round longer races of about 20 minutes now. Exceptions are Monaco with 2x 30 min races effectivly, and Nurb 24H a 20 and 40 minute event.

Stewards will be taken from the entries we get.

That was a good answer Nel ya gotta give Furi that.:lol:

So you did all the testing yourself Furi? On paper i guess the Focus is the strongest overall package.:sly:

Entry03.png

3rd entry list of the day for 10,600th post :dopey:

BTCC in the past had pit stops.
They had pitstops because the tyres would go off, and that the races were a good 50 minutes long, and only 2 races on Sunday - not today's 3.

So why dont you allow tyre wear on for the races invovling pitstops - otherwise theres no skill involved because you can pit early or last lap and have same grip. It only works if it rains, and it might not
That was a good answer Nel ya gotta give Furi that.:lol:

So you did all the testing yourself Furi? On paper i guess the Focus is the strongest overall package.:sly:

Theres always a car that seems to be too fast in TOCA - its in its DNA it seems :lol:

So why dont you allow tyre wear on for the races invovling pitstops - otherwise theres no skill involved because you can pit early or last lap and have same grip. It only works if it rains, and it might not

I think tyre wear should be on for the longer races, but it's up to Furinkazen. He's the organizer.

When you say 'racing exhaust' do you mean Titanium Semi-Racing or Titanium Racing Exhaust?

They had pitstops because the tyres would go off, and that the races were a good 50 minutes long, and only 2 races on Sunday - not today's 3.

Tyres wear out too quick and it give RWD too much of an advantage. And I know that they had two races per day, Monaco's my version of that with longer races.

Considering The Nurb's weather, and Monaco's traffic, it's a good call.

Theres always a car that seems to be too fast in TOCA - its in its DNA it seems :lol:

Ford is fast, but heavy. Its also heavier than it was in S3 IIRC, its around 1300kg now.

@Chqr, full racing exhaust!

Just checking. :)

That's what caught me out in S3. I was running the Semi-Racing version so I was lapped 4 times in one race.

That makes no sense to me as we ran Sport Exhausts back then so you would have had an advantage :odd:

Ford is fast, but heavy. Its also heavier than it was in S3 IIRC, its around 1300kg now.

Ok - well looking at the specs for one car, I think we'll have another "VW" problem from the specs, only a guess, but similar specs to TOCA s4.2 vw

That makes no sense to me as we ran Sport Exhausts back then so you would have had an advantage :odd:

Did we? I was running an exhaust that made me considerably slower than everyone else and you could tell because of the sound of my engine.

I'll have to check that.

Ok - well looking at the specs for one car, I think we'll have another "VW" problem from the specs, only a guess, but similar specs to TOCA s4.2 vw

There isn't.... The Ford used to be even quicker in S3 and S4.1....

Did we? I was running an exhaust that made me considerably slower than everyone else and you could tell because of the sound of my engine.

I'll have to check that.

Strange :confused:

Correction, I ran stock.

Blimey, this Nissan is giving horrible understeer.

Just as a comparison my fastest lap in an S3 BMW was 0.59.969 at Tsukuba, in my Skyline, I can barely get into the 1.05s

:scared:

Correction, I ran stock.

Blimey, this Nissan is giving horrible understeer.

Just as a comparison my fastest lap in an S3 BMW was 0.59.969 at Tsukuba, in my Skyline, I can barely get into the 1.05s

:scared:

Are you sure you're on RH tyres Chqr? Testing has shown the Nissan only 0.1 off at tsukuba compared to the Infiniti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back