Tt#46

Endless-Wilso
Very true but the thing is my tune on the first page feels very good to me but on this track the speed isnt there for some reason, spa looks easy but finding speed there is a task especialy on a DS3 like myself.

Some feedback on my tune would be much appreciated so we can find a better tune for all to enjoy :)

Used your tune Wilso it's very good, very stable, I did a 41.9 with it but made some mistakes, could have easily done a low 41. Was finding it diff to take Eau Rouge flat, raising the height seemed to help take it faster but made some corners like ravage harder to take, it's a bit of a compromise and need to find a balance there.

By the way is your car fully broken in?

Yep.. think Im going to pass this time. FGT really isnt my fovourite - on and off traction and changing direction on its own mid-corner. The gravel just havent any feel to it what so ever as im using ds3.. feels like ice. That is a pitty since id love to rally in the game - specially with the b-group/historic rally cars.

The toscana one isn't that hard if you have ever drifted on a hard track. It's all about keeping your car sliding and flowing/in the powerband. it's also about finding the quickest/shortest line through the corners. I went on yesterday, and watched the then-fastest lap which was (dunno if it still stands) 1:39 with the '03 Impreza rally car. I went on with my evo super rally car and eventhough i wasnt close ( I got like 1:45.xxx) I still golded it and got up to 135th on first lap, and thats the highest I have been for ages (since the one on eiger with the lotus evora, where i was 45th)

No you don't want to slide your car at Toscana. What you want is to stay on the dried out grass on the side of the gravel road, that's where the grip is. The tune also doesn't really matter on a track like this. I kept my Lancer stock (except for the toe; +0.1 front and -0.1 back; and of course tuning it up to 550pp) and did a 1.40.6 with it.

As for Spa, I couldn't really make it work with the DS3 (1.42.8) but with the wheel the car was a lot easier to control, did a 1.41.0 after a few laps with the tune posted earlier. I did increase the front camber to 4.0, and the front toe to 0.05. Should be able to do a 1.39 with some practice.

What you want is to stay on the dried out grass on the side of the gravel road, that's where the grip is.

If thats true, it just sums up the "gravel" in GT5 - ever seen loeb/hirvonen/ (add any WRC driver here) prefer GRASS for grip? :odd: maybe something wrong with the "dirt tyres" in GT5?

If thats true, it just sums up the "gravel" in GT5 - ever seen loeb/hirvonen/ (add any WRC driver here) prefer GRASS for grip? :odd: maybe something wrong with the "dirt tyres" in GT5?

Or with the grass. Look at the replay of the japanese guy in the Impreza for instance, he's on the grass all the time.

Yep.. think Im going to pass this time. FGT really isnt my fovourite - on and off traction and changing direction on its own mid-corner. The gravel just havent any feel to it what so ever as im using ds3.. feels like ice. That is a pitty since id love to rally in the game - specially with the b-group/historic rally cars.

It's time to get yourself a wheel, dude! ;)

The Formula GT is quite tricky with the pad (got the decorators in, so my wheel is in storeage)... down to a 1:45.1, with probably around another 1s to go if I could manage to link all the sectors... a wheel will be a massive advantage on this one as the snap oversteer on corner exits is hard to avoid with the limited throttle control on the pad.

That would mean getting the wheel stand and im no looking forward to all the hazzle with the tangles - wires etc..

Get a Wheel Stand Pro... I've had one for around 4 years now and they are fantastic... folds away flat when not in use and easy enough to keep all the cables neat and tidy... there's only a power cable and a connector to the PS3.

EDIT: 1:44.0 with the pad... using FormulaKimball's tune... probably another 0.5 left for my old, slow reactions! Must go find the wheel.

Last edited:
Toscana = Group B heaven for me. I've done it in the Peugeot 205, Lancia Delta and Ford RS200. Also tried the Renault 5 and Lancia Stratos but couldn't get under 2 mins with 2WD. The RS200 is the best of the Group B cars. 1.48.3 is my best so far for a 602 place at the time, now dropped back to about 900. Now I would normally expect to be about 10s slower than the aliens in a TT like this so I'm thinking that a really good driver should be able to get well up the leaderboard with the RS200.
If only PD could program crowds of spectators lining the track and trying to touch the car I could really feel like Stig Blomqvist.

Or with the grass. Look at the replay of the japanese guy in the Impreza for instance, he's on the grass all the time.

For A-spec events, the "track edge" is set to be grippier than "real" (it's the same setting that leads to RS tires being better than Inters or Wets in A-spec events with a wet track). It isn't so much that the grass is grippier as that the track edge is grippier, thanks to this aid being always on. If you took the same car to the same track in practice mode or online and set the track edge and wet track grip to "real," I would guess things would make more sense.

Getting sick of this tt! It seems PD only wants to cater to the top .3% of the people who purchased GT5! Time to find another game to play!

EDIT: 1:44.0 with the pad... using FormulaKimball's tune... probably another 0.5 left for my old, slow reactions! Must go find the wheel.

Fyi I'm using manumanu19's transmission ratios, works really well! I've always thought there was something wrong with going through the first corner in 3rd gear (my tuning with GT5's usual ratios). Changing ratios instantly made another .3 easy and along with a little more practice, more like .8.

It's funny how your time drops though, my 1'40.881 was 19th last night and already down to 28th now :) Some really quick drivers out there 👍

Here's another tune, I just left my Nordschleife tuning on but it gave me a 1'41.6 also in a few laps :)

Aero 70/90
Diff 8 34 14
Trans 236mph
Springs 19.0/19.1
ext 8/8
comp 8/8
anti 6/6
camb 2.2/1.0
toe 0.0/0.12
brakes 4/3

Ballast 5kg? ABS off, all aids off

What HP do you have with this tune?

Heh 891 I think ... I plan to try it with 936 or so next.

I tried with full power, its really quick in sector 1 and 3 but slightly slower in sector 2, what ride height are you using

Nice video but I reckon you lost about 6tenth at the chicane

I've gone upto 4tenths faster than my 1.41.1 but somehow through it all at the chicane, first by breaking too late, then by breaking too early, I should be doing a 1.40.6 right now. Ill try again a bit later

Last edited:
I tried with full power, its really quick in sector 1 and 3 but slightly slower in sector 2, what ride height are you using

I've gone upto 4tenths faster than my 1.41.1 but somehow through it all at the chicane, first by breaking too late, then by breaking too early, I should be doing a 1.40.6 right now. Ill try again a bit later

Yeah I nearly blew it in the last chicane too, brakes love to lock up there :irked: I wonder what time it would be without the drifting.

I left the ride height at 0 or whatever, haven't played with that much - what are you using? I think this TT will make me try harder and tinker with the car :) Your transmission setup really helped, thanks!

I used 0/0 because its the only way I could easily go flat at Eau Rouge, im still playing around with the ride height right now Im at -6/-6. the tune I have is very similar to your tune but im still messing around with it trying to get a perfect balance, I need to push harder in the middle sector and the setup I have is making me have to babysit the car through there, im slowly getting there though.

Glad the transmission helped, I've been messing with that as well to try and remove the wheel spin on exiting corners, I think now I have a good transmission cause theres hardly any wheel spin, Ill post what I have later on when I get back to my PS3

Here's another tune, I just left my Nordschleife tuning on but it gave me a 1'41.6 also in a few laps :)

Aero 70/90
Diff 8 34 14
Trans 236mph
Springs 19.0/19.1
ext 8/8
comp 8/8
anti 6/6
camb 2.2/1.0
toe 0.0/0.12
brakes 4/3

Thanks for the tune. Hopefully I can improve on my 1:41.4 with this.

And by the way. I see you live not to far away from me :D Nice to see some more Washington DC area drivers take on the TT's 👍

Wow. I have to bow down for Immortalpilot he is really the king of Formula cars. With my setup i can probably take 0.2 more but only with a perfect round, but he might make more possible. He takes the corners so fast. Great.
For the ride hight: I use 10/5 in my fastest lap. Downforce is front and back one under maximum. I have 100% power and as much weight as I need to reach max power with that setup. I think its about 12 kg, all in front. I will post an image of my setup tomorrow. Only my gear setup is not as good as immortals he gets extremly good out the corner though he uses everywhere a higher gear.

Regards
Daflow

Thanks for the tune. Hopefully I can improve on my 1:41.4 with this.

And by the way. I see you live not to far away from me :D Nice to see some more Washington DC area drivers take on the TT's 👍

Cool man yeah probably 15mins from Potomac ... do you know a dude from there named Colin Alexander? I raced with him a bit at Bertil Roos. Well I followed him a lot ;)

Make sure you use manumanu19's transmission setup instead of mine, big difference in driveability 👍... the rest of the tune worked for me.

Wow. I have to bow down for Immortalpilot he is really the king of Formula cars. With my setup i can probably take 0.2 more but only with a perfect round, but he might make more possible. He takes the corners so fast. Great.
For the ride hight: I use 10/5 in my fastest lap. Downforce is front and back one under maximum. I have 100% power and as much weight as I need to reach max power with that setup. I think its about 12 kg, all in front. I will post an image of my setup tomorrow. Only my gear setup is not as good as immortals he gets extremly good out the corner though he uses everywhere a higher gear.

Regards
Daflow
That ride height certainly helped!

Went from 1:41.5 to 1:40.7 on first lap out. :cheers:

Down to a 1:40.682 but it might have been a .3 if I didn't go wide at Pouhon. I used a mix of tunes from this thread to get my lap.

Getting sick of this tt! It seems PD only wants to cater to the top .3% of the people who purchased GT5! Time to find another game to play!

I heard that the bottom 3% have been keeping busy painting cars on forza

stock fgt, no tuning, no oil is good for 1.45

even faster for the top .3%

What numbers of transmission you use ? I have too many power on low gears in last chicane and first turn :guilty:

666km run and 1:41.8 =)

manumanu19's transmission setup rules, but yes first and last turns are hell anyway :ouch:

Tonight I finally used more than 891hp... took a long time to find my balance but here goes:

Power 920hp Weight 570kg (20kg -35) Aero 70/86
Height 0/0 Springs 18.8/18.9 Ext 8/8 Comp 8/8 Roll 6/6
Camber 2.2/1.0 Toe 0.0/0.14
LSD 5/32/12 Brakes 4/3
1st 5.300 2nd 3.932 3rd 3.174 4th 2.622
5th 2.233 6th 1.947 7th 1.722 Final 3.317
ABS off, all other aids off
1'40.249

This helped shave time but mostly it's where to use the power and what line to take. Gotta hand it to IMMORTAL, for sure.

EDIT: I'm using a DF GT wheel with G25 pedals.

Last edited:
LSD 5/32/12 Brakes 4/3

I hope that setup'll work for the DFGT...

Aero 70/90
Diff 8 34 14
Trans 236mph
Springs 19.0/19.1
ext 8/8
comp 8/8
anti 6/6
camb 2.2/1.0
toe 0.0/0.12
brakes 4/3

Thanks for the tune. Really helps. In default, the best I had was 1:54 after 4 laps. With this tune, I got 1:48 (gold) after 3 laps. However, I put it in auto, tc and AS mild.
For those aiming for just gold, this is a great tune. Very stable even if you hit the

For Toscana, it took many laps before gold as my rally skills is poor. Used Evo TC.

Looks like TT is getting tougher to gold now. I remember needing just top 20000 to 30000 to gold. Now, need time in top 10000 to do so.

Last edited:
I for one welcome our new german overlords.
1:38.4 now :bowdown:
I looked at his previous fastest lap yesterday and it looked like it had quite a bit of time in it, looks like IMMORTALPILOT has found that time 👍. I will have another look now to see how fast it is. Maybe reaching the limit now but who knows, may do something crazy fast like in the 37's if it is even possible.

manumanu19's transmission setup rules, but yes first and last turns are hell anyway :ouch:

Tonight I finally used more than 891hp... took a long time to find my balance but here goes:

LSD 5/32/12 Brakes 4/3
1'40.249

This helped shave time but mostly it's where to use the power and what line to take. Gotta hand it to IMMORTAL, for sure.

EDIT: I'm using a DF GT wheel with G25 pedals.

Thak you. 👍
Excellent setup for me.
I easy up my time to 1:40.870 :)

UPD: 1:40.416, but i can be faster )

Last edited:
Back