Tt#46

The toscana was easy for me because just by dumb luck I was racing that track a few days ago in the special events trying to get gold, I didn't know the grass had more grip though, might have to try this again later. Golded with the 03 evo.

I did spa my first try with no driving aids and managed a bronze after a few attempts but the car seemed so loose, so I decided to turn driving aids on, went into the options and realized I had COMFORT SOFT tires on :dunce:, so I put on racing hards and driving aids and managed gold after a couple more laps, got it by .2 seconds after I almost lost it in the fast turn before the last chicane. I suck at driving this car and made a lot of mistakes so I guess this wasn't too hard to gold.

What a difference a change of car can make. Was sitting on 1:56 at Toscana with a 99 EVO then changed to the Super rally car and after just a few laps am on 1:46.7. Of course more work to do yet, but would like a gear set up for it if anyone has one.

manumanu19's transmission setup rules, but yes first and last turns are hell anyway :ouch:

Tonight I finally used more than 891hp... took a long time to find my balance but here goes:

Power 920hp Weight 570kg (20kg -35) Aero 70/86
Height 0/0 Springs 18.8/18.9 Ext 8/8 Comp 8/8 Roll 6/6
Camber 2.2/1.0 Toe 0.0/0.14
LSD 5/32/12 Brakes 4/3
1st 5.300 2nd 3.932 3rd 3.174 4th 2.622
5th 2.233 6th 1.947 7th 1.722 Final 3.317
ABS off, all other aids off
1'40.249

This helped shave time but mostly it's where to use the power and what line to take. Gotta hand it to IMMORTAL, for sure.

EDIT: I'm using a DF GT wheel with G25 pedals.

Thanks for the great tune. 👍 Got a 1.40.182 with this, and am currently sitting in 10th.
Edit: After a few more laps, I managed a 1.39.667.

Last edited:
Considering I hate the Formula cars, I'm pretty proud with my 1'42.2.

I've got .2 left in T1, .3-4 left in T2 and a good .3 in T3 as well though. :(

Everytime I nail T1 (27.0xx/27.1xx) I take too much curb in Les combes and spin the car. :irked:

I reckon I can get down to a 41.5, but that's probably my limit:

did a 1:41.9 on 1st clean lap, no abs stock setup with max df
i feel a 39 without abs but theres no point trying without a good tune

The FGT is way too tail happy without SRF. I was lucky just to get bronze.

Yeah, and the time gaps between g s b are crazy, 6 seconds? Only 20,000 who have bronzed, the ASM seems to cure the sudden snap hooks and putting steering to +7 helps, along with some ballast on the front axle. Too much like work that FGT.

Got to 12th briefly and now sitting at 15th with a 1:40.190, still some time to gain once I can go flat round Puyon (spelling...) losing about .8 to Immortal's ghost there, his lap is amazing :@

I've done about 10 full laps so far.. and about 30 half laps (inc. red laps), :ouch:
stopping to tune each time.

I think I've got something decent.

Just made 1:39.6 outta nowhere after some changes.

FGT : 936bhp, 584kg, 895PP
Suspension:
-0.16,-0.48

LSD:

Aero: Full

BB: 2/1

Ballast 34 @22

Power:100%

Transmission: 387kmh Top Speed

Got to 12th briefly and now sitting at 15th with a 1:40.190, still some time to gain once I can go flat round Puyon (spelling...) losing about .8 to Immortal's ghost there, his lap is amazing :@

Do you mean Pouhon? :)

I found my wheel, and it's miles easier than with the pad... knocked 3 s off in no time at all. Sitting at 1:40.7, but will have a proper run sometime next weekend.

I'm using FormulaKimball's tune above (inc. posted gearing), but running 936bhp with a bit less rear DF (83) and bit more ballast (22kg -21)... also running 0f -5r ride height as it gives 1-2 mph extra top speed.

This TT again shows how screwed the physics engine is in GT5... another car that oversteers if you come off the brakes sharply whilst turning in... I've driven a lot of cars in real life (both on and off track), and nothing I've ever driven behaves like that... fubar'd.

Last edited:
I've done about 10 full laps so far.. and about 30 half laps (inc. red laps), :ouch:

Suspension:
-0.16,-0.48

LSD:

Ballast 34 @22

Awesome time-thanks for posting your tune 👍

Mines running 891bhp,wouldn't give an option of a turbo so do I need to

engine stage or is it a case of just running the FGT in?

Mines running 891bhp,wouldn't give an option of a turbo so do I need to

engine stage or is it a case of just running the FGT in?

Run in with oil change gives 936bhp

Run in with oil change gives 936bhp

OK,thanks for the reply-I'll investigate further.

Mines done over 2000 miles and hasn't got a red oil light so I must be missing something obvious :)

If you change the oil you should get 936... even brand new cars with zero mileage get a BHP boost if you change the oil.

OK,thanks for the reply-I'll investigate further.

Mines done over 2000 miles and hasn't got a red oil light so I must be missing something obvious :)

I think yours has gone far beyond being run-in.

I got mine from the UCD back when the game came out,
I think I did an engine overhaul and oil change.
Then its been run-in a little (maybe 100km?)

Does anyone have a Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 I can borrow? I'd like to try one out.

PR1VATEJ0KER

Suspension:
-0.16,-0.48

LSD:

Ballast 34 @22

Epic tune :bowdown: I'm at a 1:40.1 now with some mistakes.

I'm using FormulaKimball's tune above (inc. posted gearing), but running 936bhp with a bit less rear DF (83) and bit more ballast (22kg -21)... also running 0f -5r ride height as it gives 1-2 mph extra top speed.

This TT again shows how screwed the physics engine is in GT5... another car that oversteers if you come off the brakes sharply whilst turning in... I've driven a lot of cars in real life (both on and off track), and nothing I've ever driven behaves like that... fubar'd.

Gaaaaahd so true :) This TT is really rubbing it in - GT5 is finally just a game, the DF GT wheel is a toy (one that is getting a fair share of "percussive maintenance").

I've found about 999 ways to do the first corner wrong (entire gamut of understeer off track - slow getaway - spin into inside wall). And that hideous chicane at the end, was it necessary to use such ridiculous angles? I wish we at least had an alternate layout with the old bus stop section, loved that.

Playing with ride height now, close to what you're running... it does help straights but seems to make the car more difficult. I've hit the 1'40.2 range over and over, amazing when consistency becomes frustration :yuck:

Has anyone here tried the Nissan GTR Spec V on Toscana? I'm starting to see a few of those pop up in the top 100.

Great. After 15 min self-persuasion "dont drive fast", and sets of crashes on ****ing corners with 3rd gear i got 1:39.848 =)
Now P11. Good time, but i want go in top 10.

Thx PR1VATEJ0KER for tune.

manumanu19's transmission setup rules, but yes first and last turns are hell anyway :ouch:

Tonight I finally used more than 891hp... took a long time to find my balance but here goes:

Power 920hp Weight 570kg (20kg -35) Aero 70/86
Height 0/0 Springs 18.8/18.9 Ext 8/8 Comp 8/8 Roll 6/6
Camber 2.2/1.0 Toe 0.0/0.14
LSD 5/32/12 Brakes 4/3
1st 5.300 2nd 3.932 3rd 3.174 4th 2.622
5th 2.233 6th 1.947 7th 1.722 Final 3.317
ABS off, all other aids off
1'40.249

This helped shave time but mostly it's where to use the power and what line to take. Gotta hand it to IMMORTAL, for sure.

EDIT: I'm using a DF GT wheel with G25 pedals.

Beastly tune. :drool: Just went from a 42.2 down to a 41.8 in the first few laps.

I've now cut down to 41.2 with .4 left to find on the track, .2 in the bus stop alone. :scared:

I found my wheel, and it's miles easier than with the pad... knocked 3 s off in no time at all. Sitting at 1:40.7, but will have a proper run sometime next weekend.

Brake balance and weight distrubution has a huge effect the way the car oversteers when trail braking in the game. MSPDaflow's with slight ballast tweak is quite controlled I would say.

Thanks PR1VATEJ0KER for putting your car up for share. Did a few laps earlier. I tried your tune and it is car equivalent of what I imagine walking a tightrope is. Amazing lap by yourself given how on the edge the car is. I think you are also losing out due to gearing especially for first and last sector. I tried MSPDaflow's setup and it had better gearing for them two sectors although I think the way IMMORTALPILOT has his setup is more ideal though. Quite a few tenths and consistency could be gained through gearing that is on the sweet spot. Same also regarding brake balance.

I changed MSPDaflow's setup slightly so I have full power but a bit more ballast. Messed up a few corners on my current lap, poor middle sector and small mistakes in first and last. Good enough lap to be on current top 10 though just about. If I can get a good middle sector then I should get within 1 second off top.

Has anyone here tried the Nissan GTR Spec V on Toscana? I'm starting to see a few of those pop up in the top 100.

I'm trying it out now. Anyone have any tuning ideas? I've broke my record twice in 20 min. From 1:45 down to 1:43. I know it's not great but it's good for me.

Last edited:
Well done on the improvements guys... I'm looking forward to trying the new tunes later in the week 👍

Brake balance and weight distrubution has a huge effect the way the car oversteers when trail braking in the game. MSPDaflow's with slight ballast tweak is quite controlled I would say.

When trail braking, releasing the brakes results in a transfer of weight from front to rear... which should, if anything, result in understeer... not oversteer!

The physics engine is screwed.

Oh, and the way this car reacts over the kerbs is silly too... when you watch F1 you see the driver hammering the kerbs, often on full gas. If you catch a kerb in the FGT it generally results in a spin, or the kerbs pull the car off the track.

Back