Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
LdS
I have a list of some cars (86 to be exactly) whit HP between 130 and 250. Should I post it?

Sure, that would be great. 👍
Will be a great help to me in deciding if the 250 class will provide enough options for tuners or if it will leave us wanting something more. :D
Thanks in advance! :cheers:

A list of cars that could enter on a Touge 250 Race. Some of them can be bough, whille others, only wining them. There are more cars than this ones shown, on the used cars lots.
The cars are between the 135HP and 250HP, but the majority of them are beteen the 150HP and the 230Hp

FF:
Vauxhall Vectra
Mini Cooper S
Renault: Megane 2.0; Megane Coupe; Clio; Avantime.
Pegeout 206 RC
Citroen C5
VW: Golf IV GTI; Golf V GTI
Opel Vectra
Alpha Romeo: 147 and 147 GTA; Spider; GTV; 147 GTA; GT
Fiat Coupe Turbo;
Seat Ibiza.
Toyota Yaris RS Turbo; Corolla RUNX; Will
Honda: CR-X; Civic Type R; Prelude; Integra Type R; Accord Euro – R; Accord Coupe.
Nissan Primera
Acura: Integra Type R; RSX.
Mitsubishi Mirage; FTO; Eclipse Spyder.
Mazda 6; Familia Sedan; Kusabi
Ford Focus
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Dodge SRT4
Pontiac Vibe
Volvo S60
Hyundai Coupe

FR:
TVR V85
BMW: 120i; 120d; 2002 Turbo; Z4.
Mercedes 190 E; 300 SL Coupe.
Toyota Sprinter Trueno and Levin (Initial-D):P ; Celica XX; Tacoma; 2000 GT.
Honda S2000
Nissan: Fairlady Z; 240ZG; 240 RS; Skyline: 2000 GT-R, GTS-R and GTS-t; 200SX; Silvia and Silvia Spec R
Mitsubishi Lancer EX
Mazda: MX-5 RS; RX-7 Infini; RX-8.
Chrysler Crossface; Prowler.
Chevrolet Corvette; Camaro FROC - 2
Lexus: IS200; IS300.

MR:
Lotus: Elise; Europa; Espirit Turbo.
MG: F; TF.
Renault 5 Turbo
Hommell Berlinette
Opel Speedster and Speedster Turbo
Lancia Stratos
Toyota: MR2 V Edition; MR2 G Limited
Suzuki GSX
ASL Garaiya
Tomy Kaira ZZ - S

RR:
DMC DeLorean

4WD:
Pegeout 205 Turbo
VW New Beetle RS I; Bora; Golf IV R32
Audi A3; TT Coupe; S3; quattro.
Lancia Delta
Subaru Legacy
Mitsubishi Airtrek
Ford RS200
Honda Element; Odyssey.

Here, there are +/- 105 Cars.

So...
Since the last time I posted, LdS and I have been writing PMs discussing the cars availible in various categories. Specifically, 250 and 280.
I brought up the unusual tendancy for certain cars to jump in HP after purchase even when no oil change has been performed. The Skyline R34 (any new model) is a perfect example.

What are the prospects for a 280 class in light of the 'false 280' listings?

Btw, I tested what kind of HP difference would be needed to let RWD run against FWD on the same tires and it didn't work well. I used the time of my FWD test car from yesterday (put a bunch of time into getting a good lap and tuning properly) and raced against it with a dead stock Elise 190 on S2 tires (not S3 like the FWD tester). Sure enough, it only took two laps for the Elise to pass the FWD'er. :ouch:
Looks like 100hp difference is just a starting point (a greater difference may be required for a close race).

Why should we use different tyres? It ain't all about beating the Touge Monster (presuming we had one...). The responsiveness of the car is what counts. I'm sure that when people get positively surprised by a FF car, they'll value it higher than a FR car that disappoints.

I gained quite some experience with setting up 4WD cars and due to my FF tick at the time of GT3 I'm still an expert at FF's , but I never really compaired them to the superior FR and MR cars. I'd love to give a proper shot, though. Just like you Kent I'd love to surprise people with cars they never thought to be any good :sly:

I do hope the tyres will be limited to S2's. I know this thing I have about driving full modded street cars (S4, RGT), equipped with N3's, on the Ring isn't exactly normal, but anything softer than S2 should be overkill on cars with 280 hp. Even for the less gifted drivers...

My vote would go for a 280 class for the next round and limit it to replay screen hp's. You set this up for people who enjoy driving in GT4, not for who and what's fastest. It will end up alright 👍

Why should we use different tyres? It ain't all about beating the Touge Monster (presuming we had one...). The responsiveness of the car is what counts. I'm sure that when people get positively surprised by a FF car, they'll value it higher than a FR car that disappoints.

I gained quite some experience with setting up 4WD cars and due to my FF tick at the time of GT3 I'm still an expert at FF's , but I never really compaired them to the superior FR and MR cars. I'd love to give a proper shot, though. Just like you Kent I'd love to surprise people with cars they never thought to be any good :sly:

I do hope the tyres will be limited to S2's. I know this thing I have about driving full modded street cars (S4, RGT), equipped with N3's, on the Ring isn't exactly normal, but anything softer than S2 should be overkill on cars with 280 hp. Even for the less gifted drivers...

My vote would go for a 280 class for the next round and limit it to replay screen hp's. You set this up for people who enjoy driving in GT4, not for who and what's fastest. It will end up alright 👍

+rep. 👍
Good advice. I think you've reminded me about a few core concepts that were nearly lost to my sight.
You have an excellent point there about suprising people and how a car would be valued. Thanks for the reminder of what's important. 👍 :cheers:
That said, I'm wondering if and when you guys want to run another round?

Everyone was so worried about the differences about FF and FR and who is the fastest and how, that forgotten about what a tuning contest was all about, the drive of a car, and not the speed, or lap times. Good reminder Hugo Boss

That said, I'm wondering if and when you guys want to run another round?

Right Now!

So is it safe to say that interest in a sub-300 class Touge event is high enough to warrant a new event?
If so, I'd like to get things going soon.
Also, I'm interested in refining the system used to submit, judge, and grade each submission. 👍
One thing I would really like to do is find a way around judges not being able to submit cars... In BM's Touge Showdowns there are often cars from the garages of the drivers (such as Orido's Ridux Supra or Tsuchiya's Hachi Roku). Being able to submit a car of my own would be great fun for me. :dopey:

I've got it...
Judges can not enter the competition. :ouch:

But... 💡
Judges, amongst themselves, can test and tune a touge monster.
Then ensure a tie will not occur (as did with the first showdown) and in the end, a Tuner will challenge the Touge Monster. :mischievous:

This would be a good chance for the judges (such as myself) to test their know-how with GT4 while allowing Tuners to do the same. 👍

I sort of like the idea but I can tell there is room for trouble between judges that want to make entries when only one car can be the touge monster.

Maybe it would be best to keep the "no judges may make submissions" rule. 👍
Hard for me to say that (since I would love to make a submission) but I think it is the best way to remove any kind of possible bias.

How about judges amongst themselves can submit a car, to be tested between themselves and come up with the best option/tuneup? I say this because I have a pretty nice RX-7, and I'm sure you also have some beast in store, Kent.

Oh well, I've just read down the rest of your post. But the suggestion still stands.

Judges, amongst themselves, can test and tune a touge monster.
Then ensure a tie will not occur (as did with the first showdown) and in the end, a Tuner will challenge the Touge Monster. :mischievous:

This would be a good chance for the judges (such as myself) to test their know-how with GT4 while allowing Tuners to do the same. 👍

This don’t make sense. Tuners tune a car to challenge a touge monster? Or the tuners tune a car and submit (has normal) and if some tuners get a tie in the firsts poles, the judges will submit a Touge Monster, and the tuners that are tie in the first poles have to submit another car to challenge the Touge Monster? :confused:

LdS
This don’t make sense. Tuners tune a car to challenge a touge monster? Or the tuners tune a car and submit (has normal) and if some tuners get a tie in the firsts poles, the judges will submit a Touge Monster, and the tuners that are tie in the first poles have to submit another car to challenge the Touge Monster? :confused:

Indeed your post does not makes sense. :P
You've mistaken my words.
Just start over again with my post...
Then ensure a tie will not occur
When a tie does not occur, a winner will surely be crowned. When the winner of the submitted Tuners is crowned it will face off with the Touge monster (which will be a tuner from the judges).

That said, I'm still not sure it will work well. As both diego and I suspected of one another, we both would enjoy making an entry.
So, my proposal is this...

Give me more time to come up with a system. :lol:
I'll be thinking of it throughout the day today and once I've got something I will bring it to the thread and hopefully come up with a way to make everyone happy. :cheers:

Would it be alright if I post my S2000 that I tuned ages ago soon? Even if I am not involved in this Tuning Competition?

speedster502
Would it be alright if I post my S2000 that I tuned ages ago soon? Even if I am not involved in this Tuning Competition?
Of course, feel free to post as usual (none the less, I highly recommend giving the event a try with some form of submission).

Vince247
looks interesting, too bad I can't join...
(vacation to America for 3 weeks)
All good, we may get started before then but who knows for sure? :confused:
Thanks for the interest. :cheers:

Tulok
around 200hp, isnt the FR advantage gone?
Not sure about that just yet... I'm going to be checking on it in a few minutes when I'm done running the El Capitan enduro in B-spec with my Amuse S2000 GT-1 (that particular car in stock form will run the enduro as a winner without the user doing anything other than setting B-spec to speed 3 with overtake set to on). :sly:

Back shortly with my results (regarding the 200hp question).
You'd think I would have already tested this! :boggled:
Probably did and I just don't remember it! :lol:

Edit:
Good news and bad news...
The good news is that I tuned FF to only 200hp, put all the special suspension work on and had a go at the track. Motorland specifically, and guess what? I beat my second best FF 280hp car! :P
The bad news is that even by beating the second best 280hp FF I was still over 2 full seconds off the fastest FF 280hp which runs almost the exact same times as a 200hp Lotus Elise. :ouch:

So, to put it bluntly...
In a 200hp class you still see obvious differences between the RWD and FWD competitors. :(
All's good though! :cheers:

Minichris 350Z supercharged ‘03

This is the 350Z, competing with the likes of the Dodge Viper, TVR Speed 6, and Ford GT.

I would fell really badly if I didn’t tested this car. After all I had to see if my advices were worthy.

I rune the car in three different modes.

1st. The car without anything. This permits to see how’s the performance and the handling is in stock. This car is reasonable without a tune setup, not requiring too much and expensive tuning parts.

2nd. The car whit the tune parts that were bought. This permits to see what problems the increased HP had caused to the stability/Handling of a car and/or, if there wasn’t any wasted bought parts. The parts bought were not too much and were not to expensive and (of course) there isn’t so much handling has in stock, but the car was still handful enough to drive, needing just some setups.

3rd. The car whit all the specs. The car is great, there was a great feeling driving it. Some of the problems were solved, counting that the car is tuned whit sports suspension:tup: . The car could have some break controller, set to oversteer just a little, but I think it is a very good, a well tuned and a fun car to drive.
Time: 1’36.212 on Trial Mountain Circuit. Classification: 8.6 out of 10.👍​

Minichris 350Z supercharged Race Car ‘03
(no based on the race car :) )

This is the 350Z Race car, competing with the likes of the TVR Speed 12, and Ford GT race car and the JGTC car.

Specifications
Engine Type – -:-
Displacement – 3.4L
Power – 456 BHP/6200rpm
Weight – 1122 kg

Trial Mountain time - 1’34.7xx

Parts:
Supercharger
Racing Suspension

Racing transmission
Carbon driveshaft
Racing Exhaust
Racing chip
Racing brakes
Brake balance controller
Triple Clutch
Racing flywheel
2 way LSD
Wing BB
S2 or R3 tyre
O.Z. 001 or SPEEDLINE 027

Settings

Suspension

Ride Height – 80/85
Camber Angle – 2.8/3.3

Damper (bounce) – 8/8
Damper (rebound) – 8/8

Down force
25/25

Driving aids
ASM (under)0
ASM (over) 0
TCS 1

Gear ratios
Auto settings 9
6th gear 0.800
Final 3.590
3rd gear 1.677

Brake balance
6/6

holdenmonaroxs4.jpg

holdenmonaro2yt8.jpg

If there's one thing Holden has perfected with its born-again Monaro, it's how to turn heads. For a car that relies on its illustrious heritage more than its engineering prowess, the humble two-door version of Australia's best-selling car does an outstanding job of making people stop and take notice.

Summary of the car:
Car: Holden Monaro CV8;
Colour: Red Hot
Year: 2004
Drive train: FR;
Dimensions: 4789x1841x1397;
Mass: 1499 Kg;
Engine Type: V8: OHV;
Displacement: 5667 cc;
Power: 358HP / 5600rpm;
Torque: 50.74Kgf.m / 4000rpm.

Tuning Parts:
CAR > New Cars
Wheel: Enkey027
Wing: 3D Type AB
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balance
Fully Customisable Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Variable LSD
Sport Soft Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 1 and 2

Total Spent: 82.750Cr.

Settings:
Break Balance Controller: 8 / 9
Suspension:
Spring Rate: 13.4 / 12.4
Ride Height: 102 / 102
Dampers (all): 4 / 4
Camber Angle: 5.0 / 4.0
Toe Angle: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 5 / 5​
LSD:
LSD Initial Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Deceleration: 5​
Downforce: 30 / 30
Transmission:
1st Gear: 3.188
2nd Gear: 2.156
3rd Gear: 1.598
4th Gear: 1.236
5th Gear: 0.963
6th Gear: 0.751
Final: 3.460
Auto: 10​
Weight Control:
Ballast Weight: 90
Front / Rear Balance: 0​

NO DRIVING AIDS (0/0/0)

Top Speed:

This car was tested and tuned on: El Capitain: 1’55.668

cizetaas3.jpg

cizeta2ac4.jpg

If you want something truly unique; something truly breath-taking; something that stops people in their tracks; something that is a blast to drive on any highway, but also civilized to drive into town; and something that its almost a 100% certainty you will not see another while our driving your car – the Cizeta is for you

Summary of the car:
Car: Cizeta V16T;
Colour: Cizeta Red
Year: 1994
Drive train: MR;
Dimensions: 4442x2060x1115;
Mass: 1361 Kg;
Engine Type: V16: QOHC;
Displacement: 6000 cc;
Power: 580HP / 8000rpm;
Torque: 75.19Kgf.m / 6000rpm.

Tuning Parts:
CAR > Prize
Wheel: Bridgestone 002
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Fully Customisable Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Variable LSD
Racing Medium Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 1, 2 and 3

Total Spent: 104.150

Settings:
Break Balance Controller:10 / 14
Suspension:
Spring Rate: 13.9 / 16.1
Ride Height: 87 / 87
Dampers (all): 5 / 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -1 / 1
Stabilizers: 7 / 7​
LSD:
LSD Initial Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 60
LSD Deceleration: 20​
Transmission:
1st Gear: 3.252
2nd Gear: 2.064
3rd Gear: 1.453
4th Gear: 1.043
5th Gear: 0.756
Final: 4.200
Auto: 7​

NO DRIVING AIDS (0/0/0)

Top Speed:

This car was tested and tuned on: Suzuka West Circuit: 1'17.935

I have this feeling that minichris is flooding this topic. :guilty:

Flooding the topic??? Dude, I think this thread was made to tuners to post tune cars and share tuning setups with each other. I think the competitions are also good to keep the thread more alive, but lets try not to focus only on it, and try to focus too on the propose of this thread.

Minichris isn’t doing nothing wrong but to do what the thread asks

LdS
Flooding the topic??? Dude, I think this thread was made to tuners to post tune cars and share tuning setups with each other. I think the competitions are also good to keep the thread more alive, but lets try not to focus only on it, and try to focus too on the propose of this thread.

Minichris isn’t doing nothing wrong but to do what the thread asks

👍 I agree you LdS , and keep working Minichris 👍

EDIT:Lds I saw your Cizeta performance at

the Settings:
Break Balance Controller:
Suspension:
Spring Rate: 13.9 / 16.1
Ride Height: 87 / 87
Dampers (all): 5 / 5
Camber Angle: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -1 / 1
Stabilizers: 7 / 7