Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
You'll have to ask Leonidae, he just beat your big American barge using a small car with decent power. Sound familiar? :sly:

It seems the Quattro is working against itself, it just can't be made to be good enough to challenge the RWD models in the fun factor. Another hopeless car choice for me unless someone really sticks on the improvement over default, that was the thing I was counting on.

The quattro was wickedly close to a podium finish though... I went back and forth between it and the Supra, but in the end the fact that I wanted to keep driving the Supra long past my self-imposed three-clean-lap minimum won out. Again, lots of strong entries across the board!

:dunce: lol WUT? I finally got highest finishing place in some judge's eyes? :embarrassed::cool:

I too have active steering turned off. AFAIK, it resembles bit too much power steering..

No, that's power steering that resembles power steering. :P

Active steering seems to adjust your steering angle based on speed, and it means that my front toe doesn't come alive.

Guess the Renaults are going to be bad for DS2 boys as well.:ouch:

EDIT: ****! I didn't give the weight reduc in the Renaults' parts lists!

You'll have to ask Leonidae, he just beat your big American barge using a small car with decent power. Sound familiar? :sly:

It seems the Quattro is working against itself, it just can't be made to be good enough to challenge the RWD models in the fun factor. Another hopeless car choice for me unless someone really sticks on the improvement over default, that was the thing I was counting on.

He doesn't have decent power :sly: And I still get better lap times than the Corolla. :sly: I would bet that the GNX is a bigger improvement than the Quattro having driven both- that's where I was counting on points too- improvement.

Just so I don't get called a fraud on this:

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 3 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
R2 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Rigidity Refresher Plan (if used)
Wing

Straight Line Performance and other specs:

0-60: 4.2 seconds

0-100: 8.7 seconds

1/4 mile: 12.197 @ 119 mph (11.985 @ 120 mph with drag gearing [3.730 final])

Horsepower: 316bhp

Torque: 270 ft-lbs

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:----------12.0/13.5
Ride Height:----------86/91
Shock Bound:--------4/5
Shock Rebound:------7/5
Camber:-------------3.0/2.5
Toe:----------------(-3)/(-2)
Stabilizers:----------4/5
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:
Final to 4.300, auto set to 2, then set ratios and final. Ratios are [2.805/2.062/1.620/1.356/1.160/1.000]
Final of 3.080.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
LSD: 25/30/20

Brake Balance: 5/15

Downforce: 24/30

Ballast: 0

Ballast Balance: - 30 (Forward Bias)

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: After nearly 28 years, the R5 is back. And ready to destroy some modern monsters. The RCV Motor Works/Renault 5 Turbo R-Maxi is one of the two 'reborn' R5's that RCV and Renault collaborated on to build, with this one being the full-tilt racing version. All traces of the Renault Le Car that the Renault 5 Turbo was based off of have been erased, and the car has been turned into a monster. Sticky tires, stiff suspension, more power, and closer gearing squeeze the last bit out of the car's potential. The car can and will bite you if you don't drive it the way it tells you to, but when you listen to it... It reveals its inner monster. Cornering speed and resultant g-force is enough to induce vomiting in the faint of heart, and laptimes show it.

A few recent updates to the suspension have increased stability and cornering speeds while sacrificing nothing; the car is ready.

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 2 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
S3 Tires
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Twin-plate clutch
Sports Flywheel
FC LSD
Rigidity Refresher Plan (if used)
Wing

Straight Line Performance and other specs:

0-60: 5.4 seconds

0-100: 11.25 seconds

1/4 mile: 13.471 @ 108 mph

Horsepower: 263bhp

Torque: 231 ft-lbs

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:---------8.5/7.5
Ride Height:---------90/95
Shock Bound:-------7/2
Shock Rebound:-----9/7
Camber:------------2.5/2.0
Toe:---------------(-3)/(-2)
Stabilizers:---------3/6

Transmission:
Final to 5.000, auto set to 1, then set ratios and final. Ratios are [3.097/2.140/1.585/1.228/1.000/0.850]
Final of 3.730.

LSD/Downforce and others:
LSD: 25/45/18

Brake Balance: 4/12

Downforce: 20/30

Ballast: 0

Ballast Balance: - 40 (Forward Bias)

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: After nearly 28 years, the R5 is back. And ready to destroy some modern monsters. The RCV Motor Works/Renault 5 Turbo S-Maxi is one of the two 'reborn' R5's that RCV and Renault collaborated on to build. More biased towards street dominance, the S-Maxi uses a slightly smaller turbo, softer and less aggressive suspension tuning, and a front splitter that creates a bit less downforce than that of the R-Maxi. The gearbox has been tuned for a slightly wider gear spacing and a longer top gear, to aid fuel economy and street launches. While slower than the R-Maxi, the S-Maxi is every bit as good to drive as the R-Maxi, with its precise, yet slightly oversteer biased handling.

That's how the setups stand at this exact moment, I need to fix an error on my parts list.

He doesn't have decent power :sly: And I still get better lap times than the Corolla. :sly: I would bet that the GNX is a bigger improvement than the Quattro having driven both- that's where I was counting on points too- improvement.

I would venture to say though that improvement is MUCH harder to extract from the quattro than the GNX. It's widely known to be almost the hardest car in the game to wrench any good out of.

I would venture to say though that improvement is MUCH harder to extract from the quattro than the GNX. It's widely known to be almost the hardest car in the game to wrench any good out of.

Still, it's a GNX I improved, not a Skyline. That's an accomplishment in its own right.

Its been a while sense ive presented a new ride on here (Cooper S) but I have the following and a couple more to show in the near future.

MKT R32 330T
330hp Tarmac, Golf tuned to handle the corners of Nurburgring, and attack its straights. Note that it wasnt intended to run the Ring and has been tested on mountain/touge courses for ex. Deep forest clocking a time of 1'27.1, 3secs faster than my 360hp M3 and ranking right under my 455hp GT-R 33. While tuning this car I was going for a tarmac rally feel and didnt intend for it to have more than 300hp or go over 135-140mph. But after running 0-1000@0'23sec/137mph I figured why not give it some topend. After changing the 5 and 6th gear it can get to 174ish mph. Not bad for 327hp SOHC V6 with AWD.

What the car does best is what I tuned it orignially for... Hitting tight and unlevel corners. No R-Tires needed. After a lap of warming up the S-3s the 330T should do everything you want to. It even maneuvered like a hot blade through butter on Costa di Amalfi after 2 laps clocking: 2'12.2 and ranked right behind the 99 Impreza Rally Car at: 2'10.5! I thought it was pretty impressive considering that the Golf only had 20ish more horses and would be street legal in real life (for the most part) and costing an estimated $45-50k at the most. Check out the specs.

Specifications

Engine: 327hp SOHC, 319.48ft.lb/2800-3200rpm, Sports ECU, Stage 1 NA,
Drivetrain: Carbon Shaft, Full Cust. LSD, Twin Clutch, Semi-Race Flywheel, Full Custom Gear Box:
  1. 2.736
  2. 1.900
  3. 1.413
  4. 1.080
  5. 0.851
  6. 0.667
FINAL:4.235

Suspension(race)
Front Rear
Spring Rate:
8.4 6.6​
Ride Height:
73 76​
Shock (Bound):
8 7​
Shock (Rebound):
8 7​
Camber:
2.6 1.8​
Toe:
-1 1​
Stabilizers:
6 5​

LSD:Default
Driving Aids: None
GripS3

Thats pretty much the whole package. Compare this to some of your rally cars and youll be pleased. Ive even beet my Viper SRT-10s time on Costa, of course the SRT isnt for that type of track but I love to see this 330hp box on top showing horsepower is only a fragment of the wining combination. Enjoy!!!

I'm so sorry guys that I haven't been on the past week or so, I've been copping nothing but double shifts at work (12-13hrs/day on the road everyday) so I apologise for not bringing up the results sooner but if you want it I can put it straight up what I felt about those dinosaur cars. :ill::(:nervous:

To tell you the truth I feel guilty for letting you guys down and not getting my results up for ya's straightaway but I did have a winner...I should say winners, because I went for Greycap & CLS as a tie after all the testing and racing and having to use the GT-TWO to win Grey's car at the time. :lol:

Quick results were:
Tied 1st: Greycap & CLS - 96/100
3rd place: Leonidae - 93/100
4th place: Nd 4 Holden Spd - 91/100
5th place: Nissan Tuner - 72/100

I looked at 5 categories (speed, acceleration, handling, lap time improvement & overall feel) and there were some huge surprises there....CLS had 1 for 0-100 times, Leo for overall speed, Holdenboy with the 1/4 time, Grey with the overall consistency of the package and Nissan Tuner.....well, if that E-Type was a chicken dinner I would've died of salmonella, it was that underdone.

So that's my take on it, if you want full details I can give each car in another post but I've got another double shift in the morning so I'm just going to catch up on what's been happening in the other categories and update the 1/4 thread if needed and jet for another few days...feel overworked, but the money is worth it. :cool:

Until next time, C yas!!
Mafs!!

Good to know the Elan would have locked in second place! (By ONE single overall point... wow) Hope you're getting some well-deserved rest Mafs!

<edit> Expect Classic Club Racer reviews later this evening, or early tomorrow! 👍

<edit2> Initial impressions gathered, now setting hotlaps! So far, almost ALL of the cars are very capable! This one is coming down to improvement over default for sure. In terms of speed, two cars are WELL ahead and neck-and-neck, there's a pack of three closely grouped midfied, and one straggler. In terms of what I'm leaning towards with scores though, it's going to be a close range encompassing five of the six cars!

<edit 3> composing results and uploading pictures now! 👍

My morning shift's been put off for a couple of hours, so I can give some impressions.

1st car was Holdenboys Vette:
Stock GVS: 2.24.954
Initial Thoughts - Great, a boat with a truck motor. 170km/h top speed, 2 gears, but surprisingly quick through the turns in speed factor but understeering everywhere.
Worked GVS: 1.58.613
Thoughts - The gearbox was the best thing for it straightout. The handling was a lot better than it was but it felt, boring to a point. It was too linear for my liking, so much so that I put my own settings to it and made her a lot harder and snappier to get quicker times but at the same time Holdenboy's tune was very balanced in comparison. You can only polish a turd so much as they say, because the understeer just wouldn't leave the car.
Quickest of the 1/4 mile times with a 12.821@188km/h with a 270km/h top end gave it good scores in acceleration & speed.
Scorecard
Speed - 97, Acceleration - 100, Handling - 88, Overall Feel - 76, Improvement - 95 = Overall Score - 91.2pts (91)

2nd car: CLS's Lotus Elan S1
Stock GVS: 2.20.539
Initial Thoughts - Wonderful car to start with, I thought that CLS was going to have a hard time getting a huge improvement with it as it was already a brilliant handling car and getting 4sec under the Vette stock was making it harder on you still.
Worked GVS: 1.57.498
Thoughts - WOW!! That was so impressive I almost used it on the 1000miles to get Grey's car. :lol: The handling was precise, the turbo was just the thing for it, while you could've gone faster still with the NA S3, it wasn't needed and would've been a detriment to it's performance overall. It didn't matter how stupid I got the angle, it came back when needed, pointed where I wanted it to go, not a hint of anything anywhere.
Quickest from 0-100 in 4.82sec meant it also got huge props in the acceleration category too, but it was so fun I couldn't stop racing it and trying to improve lap times and 250km/h was a perfect match for it in top end.
Scorecard
Speed - 95, Acceleration - 95, Handling - 100, Overall Feel - 100, Improvement - 90 = Overall Score - 96.0pts.

3rd Car: Nissan Tuner's E-Type
Stock GVS: 2.15.639
Initial Thoughts - Knowing what this car was capable of I set off for the baseline times and copped the usual understeer and front end floating around the track, but the motor is so quick it didn't matter, producing the quickest of the stock times.
Worked GVS: 2.07.757
Thoughts - Can you put this back in the oven and cook it again, it's so underdone. 1st off, put ALL the mods on, not bits and pieces. 2nd, tune the suspension so it actually eliminates the understeer, especially if you're not pouring that much more power than stock into it. I'm honestly being generous with this score because I didn't want the gap to be further than it truly was. It was S-L-O-W!! That's it, nothing more on this car.
Scorecard
Speed - 73, Acceleration - 71, Handling - 72, Overall Feel - 69, Improvement - 73 = Overall Score - 71.6pts (72)

4th car: Leo's Mercedes 300SL.
GVS Stock: 2.20.596
Initial thoughts - Was a nice quick car and very subtle all around the track....nothing too major, but the most balanced of the stock cars regardless of time. In comparison to CLS's Elan stock it was very different but both were good.
GVS Worked: 2.02.971
Thoughts - Leo, if this was the D1 tuner grandprix, you would've won straightaway in my book. This was a weapon for drifting, nothing more. :lol: Don't think of it in a bad way Leo, it actually gave it bonus points for the overall feel due to the fact I couldn't help but trying to go munji at 200km/h along the main straight. :D There was too much power, S2 NA would've suited it more or a bit of ballast to just tame the animal a bit. But overall it was just like, press X and hang on because I was having one wild ride in it because I was in 2nd gear and once 4000 hit it was wheelspin city, on a completely straight road too in testing.
Fastest Top Speed of a MASSIVE 314.83km/h puts it at the top of the heap there, and another car that broke into the 12's on the 1/4 gave it huge acceleration points.
Scorecard
Speed - 100, Acceleration - 97, Handling - 82, Overall Feel - 96, Improvement - 88. = Overall Score - 92.6pts (93)

Last Car: Grey's 1963 Alfa Speciale.
GVS Stock: 2.26.116
Initial Thoughts - After racing 1000 miles, I was really waiting for something special.....where was it!?!? It was handling well, and going decently around the track but it felt empty at the time. Tiny bit of understeer but nothing too remote to me, just a bit under the Elan but a heck of a bit slower.
GVS Worked: 2.00.054
Thoughts - The laptime didn't do the car justice.....this was another car that made me just think WTF!?! Awesome handling (now I know why MFT is soooo good), and like the Elan I was absolutely blitzing it around, the reason for the lap time is I couldn't stop trying to go kamikaze trying to better it by 2-3 seconds....the car was capable of those times. It was just as balanced as the Elan in some areas, worse on a couple of turns but better on a couple of others....I couldn't pick them apart due to their differences and similaraties. It was more consistent at producing the 2.00, that was my 1st flying lap and even after mistakes I was in that range and that type of improvement gave it big points in that area.
Wasn't a worldbeater on the stats, but well rounded all up....your everyday racing car going well in all areas.
Scorecard
Speed - 92, Acceleration - 92, Handling - 100, Overall Feel - 100, Improvement - 96 = Overall Score - 96.0pts

So it was a deadset tie after 5 categories for CLS and Grey.
Thanks guys, gotta get ready for work now. C yas!!

but with less power it would be just another boring classic.. D1GP, you say? well, it is entertaining then.. This car really doesn't suit button mashers, unless they have quick countersteer responses..:sly:

Initial Thoughts - Wonderful car to start with, I thought that CLS was going to have a hard time getting a huge improvement with it as it was already a brilliant handling car and getting 4sec under the Vette stock was making it harder on you still.
Thoughts - WOW!! That was so impressive I almost used it on the 1000miles to get Grey's car. :lol: The handling was precise, the turbo was just the thing for it, while you could've gone faster still with the NA S3, it wasn't needed and would've been a detriment to it's performance overall. It didn't matter how stupid I got the angle, it came back when needed, pointed where I wanted it to go, not a hint of anything anywhere.
Quickest from 0-100 in 4.82sec meant it also got huge props in the acceleration category too, but it was so fun I couldn't stop racing it and trying to improve lap times and 250km/h was a perfect match for it in top end.
Scorecard
Speed - 95, Acceleration - 95, Handling - 100, Overall Feel - 100, Improvement - 90 = Overall Score - 96.0pts.

I thought so as well at first, and that may be true in dead-start launch situations like 0-400m, but after testing and observing the power curve at work, it turns out it's much faster on a track with the turbo. NA provides stronger more even delivery of power across the entire range of revs, but on the track, the entire range of revs didn't really matter - the turbo crammed the power in right where it counts - between 5000RPM and the redline. Either way, it's pretty damn quick! Thanks again! 👍

Vintage Tuner Cup Judging
Phase Two; Classic Club Racers

Yet again, we have a very strong division, and the scores will reflect that!

Infineon returns as my control track, but each car was tested at various different locations, and also ran unpublished control laps at GVS.

Results are arranged in ascending order.

Snyp's Jensen Interceptor Mk.III
1'32.383 70/100

IMG0046.jpg

Chosing such a notoriously difficult car, especially at full power, was a brave choice by the tuner, but unfortunately it hasn't paid off as well as it could have. Default, the Interceptor feels wafty, loose and imprecise, and is prone to bouts of power oversteer transitioning to severe on-throttle understeer. Tuned, some, but not all of the on-throttle understeer is dialed back, and the car stays somewhat flatter through bends, but this comes at a very dear price. The body roll reduction is due in large part to EXTREMELY stiff springs, which have the effect of making all aspects of the car's natural behavior more pronounced. Power oversteer is now much more severe and much less manageable, and is now much more prone to snap-back. The gearing makes 1st gear absolutely necessary in what would normally be second-gear curves in any other car -the subsequent extra shifts in the middle of power-over can be extremely destablizing. The brake balance could have used extra attention as well, especially seeing as it was left to default settings - in such a large heavy car, more braking force is called for. In closing, with such thundering madness provided by the big Chrysler V8, one would expect this to be among the fastest cars on the track, but due to its unweildy nature, it fell victim to several cars with little more than half its power.

Tulok's Nissan Skyline HT 2000 GT
1'39.673 82/100

IMG0043.jpg

With default settings, this classic Skyline is already nearly perfect. The balance is almost ideal, with a tendency in the chassis to understeer mostly masked by the sticky race rubber. This car would score higher if the tuned version did much to change that. The balance feels more or less the same, with only one real difference - a tradeoff between a slight oversteer tendency under throttle and increased understeer under braking and at turn-in. The compromise mostly breaks even in terms of driving feel, but laptimes did improve a hair. Opting to fit the wing, and going for the FC LSD instead of the 2-way unit would have allowed the tuner much more precision in crafting a unique driving feel, with such an excellent platform from which to work. The only other issue is that this car doesn't really seem to belong with its competitors - its power levels seem to make it better suited for a sports-tire division than a race division. All that said, it's still extremely easy to drive.

Rotary Junkie's Renault 5 Turbo
1'33.263 90/100

IMG0044.jpg

Here again, we have a case of a good car by default. In this case though, the tune improved it more than the cars it's defeated. The default tune is solid in most areas, but is marked by a typical MR tendency to lift-oversteer, a typical lightweight tendency to disagree with curbing, and is a bit twitchy. The tune addressed and mostly fixed all of these problems and created a stable, predictable, surprisingly quick car. It did however introduce a hint of reluctant understeer under braking and when turning in, manifested mainly in low-speed switchbacks. It's an extremely capable car though, as its score reflects. It could easily win most any other theorized division, but it's kept off the podium by three very impressive tunes that attained more signicant improvements over stock and default.

ND 4 Holden Spd's Chevrolet Corvette L46 350
1'30.699 92/100

IMG0028-1.jpg

The default tune here had REAL problems - Severe on-throttle understeer, snappy bucking-bronco-style power oversteer, and a strangling gearset for a car of such power. The tune did a great deal to handle this smorgasbord of flaws. Understeer, though still present, is reduced as much as seems to be possible. Power oversteer is much more manageable, and the gearing now allows the snarling 350 room to work its magic, making this the fastest car in the division. That it can accomplish that feat while retaining a confidence-inspiring sense of driveability earns it a very high score. The tuner might want to look into the possibility of a slightly more aggressive differential or longer gearing down low - wheelspin, while rarely a problem, can become a consideration at the top of 1st and 2nd gear in prolonged corners. This is easily solved by appropriate throttle modulation, though, and the ability to throw the rear end around in a controlable manner is useful for fighting the car's inherently heavy front end.

wrcsti's BMW 2002 Turbo
1'32.257 94/100

IMG0045.jpg

This is very close to the perfect package. The default settings are a bit iffy - they're sharp and responsive, but too much so at times. The car is twitchy, and there's a disconcerting yaw-oversteer on corner exit that feels like it should transition to power-over, but usually doesn't. This leaves a fair bit of room for improvement in the tune, and the builder has capitalized on it and built a very solid car. I was initially skeptical of the tune, considering it used no added downforce, relied on completely stock brakes, and sat on VERY stiff rear dampers. Despite appearances though, the transition between all states from braking through corner exit is smooth and intuitively connected. The stiff rear damping doesn't seem to hinder curbing contact. The car's most impressive attribute though is the very high speed it can maintain through long sustained corners, especially in a platform known for its tendency to understeer on throttle in long curves. Despite a WPR inferior to its two closest competitors, the Interceptor and the 5 Turbo, perfect balance and high cornering speeds enabled the 2002 to outrun both across Infineon. The only suggestion would be perhaps to try to reign in the last little bit of twitchiness with some downforce, though one can't argue with the cornering speeds this car already attains without it.

Greycap's Lancia Stratos
1'31.376 96/100

IMG0042.jpg

Like the Interceptor, the Stratos is a VERY brave choice for any tuner in a competitive situation, but this time the risk's reward is there in spades. It need not be said that, stock OR default, the Stratos is a tailhappy homicidal psycho-killer. High-speed braking may as well entail the driver's death warrant. Instead of fighting that tendency and attempting to turn the Stratos into something it isn't and can never be - balanced - the tuned version embraces the chassis' shortcomings and turns them into advantages. It's still quick and exceedingly nimble at slow speeds, as the Stratos has always been, but now, lift-oversteer is no longer a death sentence, it's a steering tool. It comes on predictably and without undue severity, and allows the driver extremely precise control over cornering attitude. Braking from high speeds, due to a well-crafted downforce balance and capable differential profile, can now be done with relative confidence, and with enough bravery, can be added to the list of flaws-turned-tools. This is nowhere near the fastest car in the division on paper - by either outright power OR WPR standards - but clocks in just a HAIR slower than the Corvette, to rank as the second-fastest thanks to its supreme agility. Overall, this is a massive improvement to an exceedingly difficult platform that results in a car that is so fun to drive it should be administered intraveinously.

Congratulations Greycap, and to all the other entrants! As should be obvious, most of these cars were standouts.

Since we had a debaucherous evening of tofu and sake to celebrate Leo's AE86, it seems only appropriate to head out for pasta bolognese and some fine-vintage cabernet to celebrate the Stratos. Hop in, and don't worry, Greycap isn't driving. We want all our passengers to keep their dinner down :sly:

I'm a bit dispointed... I liked that car... But it's my first ever tune, so I guess I'm in a learning step. Thank for a "this-much" precise Judging :)

I'm a bit dispointed... I liked that car... But it's my first ever tune, so I guess I'm in a learning step. Thank for a "this-much" precise Judging :)

The Interceptor really is one of the more difficult cars to tune well, especially at such high power. Not a bad showing at all for your first outing - I've handed out MUCH lower scores in other divisions. 👍 It just happens that this division is pretty hotly competitive.

Yih, again I am the fastest- I get that quite often in these things. 3rd place isn't bad I guess, at least I'm consistently placing on the podium in this VTC (except that Bellet, a bad choice). But err, ahem, *shakes fist* I'll get you Greycap. :sly:

Yih, again I am the fastest- I get that quite often in these things. 3rd place isn't bad I guess, at least I'm consistently placing on the podium in this VTC (except that Bellet, a bad choice). But err, ahem, *shakes fist* I'll get you Greycap. :sly:

You may gain on Greycap... knowing the Stratos' nature, I may be the only one to rate it #1. Then again, two of the cars that I rated lower than the Vette (RJ's 5 Turbo and Tulok's Skyline) actually handled better overall than the Vette - I rated the Vette higher based on more substantial improvements over stock and default - so they may be rated higher than the Vette by judges with slightly different interpretations of the criteria.

In other words, right now, it's anyone's game!

You may gain on Greycap... knowing the Stratos' nature, I may be the only one to rate it #1. Then again, two of the cars that I rated lower than the Vette (RJ's 5 Turbo and Tulok's Skyline) actually handled better overall than the Vette - I rated the Vette higher based on more substantial improvements over stock and default - so they may be rated higher than the Vette by judges with slightly different interpretations of the criteria.

In other words, right now, it's anyone's game!

It's my game :sly: The 2 below have smaller improvement, and Grey has hard to handle characteristics, my car is the complete package, that Bimmer is a worry though, fast and improved. Don't worry guys I'm just talking it up, no hard feelings involved. These are great fun.

Don't despair too much ND4HS, but I've narrowed the gap at Infineon between the Stratos and the Vette to less than three tenths :sly: I just can't stop driving that insane wedge of metal!

Scorecard
I thought so as well at first, and that may be true in dead-start launch situations like 0-400m, but after testing and observing the power curve at work, it turns out it's much faster on a track with the turbo. NA provides stronger more even delivery of power across the entire range of revs, but on the track, the entire range of revs didn't really matter - the turbo crammed the power in right where it counts - between 5000RPM and the redline. Either way, it's pretty damn quick! Thanks again! 👍

Read the 4 words after your bolding and italicing CLS you clown. :P IT WASN'T NEEDED!! AND IT WOULD'VE BEEN A DETRIMENT TO THE CAR IF IT WAS N/A!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry mate, couldn't resist a snipe then. :dopey:

Well, I can say this in all honesty now after reading the reviews to both my Celica's. Thankyou to the judges who scored the GT-TWO well....to stidriver, whatever drugs you're on cut the dose, getting 55/100 when all other reviews were in the high 80's/low 90's score range......seriously mate, that's some good crack you are definitely smoking but cut the dose.

As for the GT-Four, I wasn't expecting a world beater so I'm happy with a Top 5 result....thought I might have eeked a couple of more points out of you guys but I'm still happy with that. More importantly for me though is this fact in our little ongoing rivalry: Mafs > RJ in tuning Celica GT-Four's. :P

A final thing none of you guys may realise.....those were my 1st actual circuit tunes for any comp......EVER. So 2nd place on my VERY VERY 1st tuning attempt with the GT-TWO, I'm freaking stoked at that. :D

Goes to show that this straight line freak knows how to chuck a car or two into some corners. :D I'm no Greycap, but I'm up there with all of you guys and that was my goal at the start of this comp. :D

Mafs!!

That Stratos is just FUN HAS HELL to drive OMG :drool:

Very good job GreyCap... On performance and improvement !

As for the Jensen... Can't seem to get it better with closer gear ratio... They were very long since it would spin in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear if not VERY careful with the throttle... Even when LSD was almost maxed out. And IMHO, you can let it in 2nd gear and go down to almost 3500rpm without loosing too much speed since that beast has 940 ft.lb of torque @ 4400 rpm. (Driving this way I got a time of 1'32.386 on Infineon)
I do have to admit, with softer softer spring, the car feels more stable and power-over is easier to manage. And for the brake ballance, the car is a bit faster with BBC at 6/6.

Thx again CLS 👍

Grr... Stupid 🤬 350 making the 🤬 Vette handle poorly stock. 🤬

And I'm already low on cash, now I have to spend more to drive that 🤬 Stratos. 🤬

Eh, it's just a two point spread right now. Like I told ND4HS, your car handles better overall than the Vette, and is almost on par with the BMW. Greycap's Stratos is a rogue factor though... it's impossible to predict how people will react to it.

This is going to be an INTERESTING division!

to Snyp: The gearing issue isn't really a big one, especially if you've had success reducing the snappy power-over with softer suspension settings; with less wild power-over to manage, the problem created when engaging first gear goes away 👍

Back