Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Wow, great judging craftylandshark, it was a pleasure reading your reviews on the tuned cars. It's convinced me to reattach my PS2 that I was about to sell to get some money for a PS3, pull out my G25 and try out some of these tunes before I let my PS2 go! Just don't know which to start with!!

Also, will these tunes be available in their respective garages on the first page?

It depends on the individual tuners' choices. Not many in the competition actually have garages in this thread. Setsunakute does, GT40MkII does... I can't remember any others right offhand. Greycap's and Leonidae's tunes are both available in their garage (Mad Finn Tuners) in the GT4 Car Tunings and Settings subforum, and Rotary Junkie's tunes are available in his and Vince247's garage in the same subforum, RCV.

Sounds good, thanks and keep up the great work, can't wait to see what you guys come up with in GT5 (whenever it happens to come out)

That namechange made me look at your profile...

And it made me wonder if you actually give two :censored:s.

Megasoft Office/setsunakute's Profile
Interests:
Taking stuck up faggots on this forum off of their high horse. Otherwise: snooker, motoring, computers and electronics
Job title reads: "Enterprise Technical Network Analyst". In reality: "I fix fuct up bank networks."
Biography:
I'd like a cold beer right now
GT4 Percent Complete:
y care

PS: GT4 percent complete had been "41?" earlier.

AUP
# You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harrass, threaten, nor attack anyone or any group. There will be no racially, sexually
or physically abusive or inciteful language tolerated. Any abusive comments
made by members will be removed by the Moderating staff and the user issued
with a warning or banned, as deemed appropriate by the Moderating staff. No
personal attacks on other members will be tolerated. If you question someone,
it must be done in a reasonable and semi-friendly manner. Violating this rule
will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the board. You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

I think the use of "fuct" as a replacement for ****** would be considered a censor bypass elsewhere, but still makes it obvious what is meant, so that in itself could be considered profanity. The tossing around of the word "faggot" as a derogatory term is considered sexually abusive by any decently strict moderator, and as most of your posts do tend to have a condescending attitude, it could be construed as implying that members here are indeed "faggots".

Indeed, you might want to remove it from your profile.

Megasoft:
I know you're a better person than most of us, so wouldn't it be more convenient for you if you tried to find better company elsewhere?
You know, you can't change people to get them behave in a less irritating way, no matter how hard you're telling them to.
There should be lots of GT related forums and communities in the internet anyway :)

(i'm sorry for my harsh words?)

Listen, your highness. I'm not here to play marry-go-round with the user policy. Nor am I here to send off insults to the community. I'm someone who likes to cut to the chase, so if I truly wanted to be minimizing to someone, I'd gladly do so, barefaced.

So, cut your ego down a few sizes because I'm not here to incite hostility. If I find something or someone disagreeable, I'm someone who likes to be forthcoming about it and put it under the light. Henceforth, if you continue to insist that I'm intentionally projecting an ill meaning to the community, you had better be prepared to defend your allegation with context.

I know my ego's too big, ya don't have to tell me to cut it down a few sizes (I won't).

Now then: I realize you think you can do no wrong. I will allow your highness to continue thinking that :bow down:.

We don't need this going further off topic, so I'll cut this convo off here. But I for one don't quite like your persistently condescending attitude, and your profile somewhat reinforced my initial idea about you. That's all.

~Kyle

EDIT: I've been tree'd! NOES! :lol:

Yeah, this needs to get the kibash right now, there's been some simmiering hostility I've sensed over the past week or more.

Setsu/Megasoft, the context was your profile itself which contained a direct statement that you consider other GTP users to be stuck up *******, among a litany of other posts that very forcefully stated your opinions. That's fine, you have the right to those opinions and whatever others you may hold, but you should expect them to be challenged in a forum where not everyone thinks the same way you do.

RJ and others: Just don't take the bait. His opinions aren't doing you any harm, and turning this into a flame war isn't going to do anything except cast a negative light on a subforum that's already under close moderator scrutiny.

If this needs to be discussed further, do it by PM.

<edit> besides which, I see wrcsti has poked his head in, and he deserves a pleasant atmosphere in which to celebrate how good his BMW turned out :sly: :cheers:

Yeah, this needs to get the kibash right now, there's been some simmiering hostility I've sensed over the past week or more.

Setsu/Megasoft, the context was your profile itself which contained a direct statement that you consider other GTP users to be stuck up *******, among a litany of other posts that very forcefully stated your opinions. That's fine, you have the right to those opinions and whatever others you may hold, but you should expect them to be challenged in a forum where not everyone thinks the same way you do.

RJ and others: Just don't take the bait. His opinions aren't doing you any harm, and turning this into a flame war isn't going to do anything except cast a negative light on a subforum that's already under close moderator scrutiny.

If this needs to be discussed further, do it by PM.

<edit> besides which, I see wrcsti has poked his head in, and he deserves a pleasant atmosphere in which to celebrate how good his BMW turned out :sly: :cheers:
so you liked the car? WHEW!! :scared:
after reading your statemant i realized i could add a wing :( , i thought it was against the rules but ohh well it still came out good.
highfive.gif

{edit}
and if you liked that one, i wish you could try the full race tune...

no reason we can't try the full race tune - this thread is for posting any setup you want, not just competition tunes 👍

I think it may actually be better without TOO much added downforce. A little would be good, but it's so quick and deft that more downforce might mute it a bit.

heres the full race tune. I call it stink( not because it goes like stink, but because it sticks to the track like stink on ****)
all the parts from the original one plus a wing and R5 tyres.
susp.
sr- 4.4 4.0
rh- 99 99
sb- 9 4
sr- 4 1
ca- 3.1 1.0
ta- -2 0
st- 6 4
tranny
auto 8
lsd
downforce
30 30
aids off.
thats all the changes from the original one.
it actually grips more than i want sometimes.

I would, but I'm an entrant.

Same here.
-EDIT-

after testing some of the other cars i have to say that this competition is up to preference, for example I built the 2002 Turbo to be something others might enjoy but i HATE how it handles. the stratos is more of my type of car, the 5 turbo is also one of my favorites in this class. they pose a challenge and reward system that i enjoy when driving them hard, but all of these tunes seem like they took a long time of RnD to make em to this level of competition. you would not believe it took me 20mins to tune the 2002 to the level of the entry. afterwards i did try a couple of times to make it better but it just went bananas.

There should be an announcement regarding that soon from Kent. The current challenge ends March 10th, and the next one ought to begin soon after that.

I don't want to say too much so as to steal Kent's thunder, but as to your question - most any "normal" (non-race, non-concept, non-tuner) car will be eligible.

Back