UEFA Euro 2024 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 156 comments
And surprisingly, Toney was involved in both of them. Who'd have thought that a Striker was the kind of player you need when you need a goal?
I realise now that he did make a couple of changes before that, but not upfront.

Still...

American Housewife System GIF by ABC Network

-

I know two close friends who will be cockahoop tomorrow - to be totally honest, although I'd kind of liked to see Slovakia win, I'm happy to think that they will now be in a good mood!

Last edited:
I will sell organs to see what the first drafts of reporters' match write-ups were just before that equaliser.
Daily Mail: "Don't bother Coming Home"

Telegraph: "19 Brits apply for asylum in Germany"

The Sun: "Are you Scotland in disguise?"

FT: "Southgate's gamble doesn't pay dividends"

Last edited:
Well we're through, that's about the only positive really to take from that match.

He has to make changes for Switzerland or they will tear us apart.

I tell you what though, that goal was nothing short of magical for England - reminiscent of Beckham's late winner against Greece

(****, I need to renounce my Scottishness for actually remembering that, even though I did Google it to check 😅 )

Cometh the hour, cometh the man-type stuff - and Harry Kane with another lucky poachers goal from a miss-hit strike as a bonus.

Ach well, good on them - but I also hope they don't continue with this "Well, we were **** but we won, so nothing's wrong!" attitude for much longer.

Last edited:
England only turned up for around 10 mins of that match and during that time they got the goals to go through. It was awful and so undeserved, no idea why Southgate doesn't make changes sooner when it clearly doesn't work, The Swiss have been excellent and will tear into England if Southgate keeps doing the same thing.

Georgia 1-0 v Spain! And another own goal.

Calzona is gonna get a big club gig pretty soon. Dude had Slovakia looking better than most other countries.

I'm happy for England to get all the way to the final with unconvincing wins, but it's not a joy to watch.

They need to get Jordan Pickford up front. With the amount of quality crosses he was receiving in the box, he'd be bound to score sooner or later!

Well we're through, that's about the only positive really to take from that match.

He has to make changes for Switzerland or they will tear us apart.
Well Guehi is suspended due to his yellow card and Trippier will probably be injured, so there's 2 changes already :P

Its sadly went down as an own goal which is yet another for the tournament, but more unfortunate is the fact that it was the only goal. Very harsh on Belgium.

France yet to score an open play goal so far.

First time that a keeper made three saves in a shootout at the Euros, what a performance by Costa.

Great effort from Slovenia, excellent defensive display and a fantastic save from Oblak.

Whether Portugal go through or not, he's the biggest crybaby out there.
It's not even that he missed-- the other goalie saved it! I've never seen a captain of a sports team cry like that, let alone one with the most caps in team history. Totally ridiculous. Give Costa the armband.

Last edited:
Nobody could beat Slovenia in 90 minutes; Portugal couldn't even do it in 120 minutes. They played four, and conceded two goals across 390 minutes...

Back