• Thread starter Venari
  • 59 comments

Venari

GTPEDIA Contributor
Premium
England
Banbaria.
GTP_Venari
Okay, well, it's kind of silly, but not.

With so many attendees and such a big Ocho thread already, I thought it would be easier to take the T-shirt discussion out and put it here.

With skilled assistance, i am developing some simple yet elegant (hopefully) 'Ocho' designs based on your feedback. I've had positive responses already, and those very special Banbarians Bee and Queen Bee have offered ideas and assistance. :)👍

At the moment, the Ocho logo is very simply 'UKGTP8' with 'The Ocho' underneath (although 'The Ocho' has taken off, so maybe this codename for the event may take precedence...) This will go on the front of the shirt on one side (or possibly smaller, centred and high for a ladies crew-neck T/skinny.

I think your racer name at the top on the back, perhaps your real first name underneath? And then perhaps underscored by an optional larger number (although maybe not as large as a football number, perhaps 100mm max height.)

Nothing is written in stone yet.

However, some detailed information from you good people would be nice. :)

Code:
		Name					
Racer		On T	Type	Sleeves	Size	Col 1	Col 2	Col 3

Allianz		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
AMG.		?	M.Polo	Short	?	Blk	DkBlue	.
Bee		<	T	Long	?	DkRed	White	.
Bite Me		.	.	.	.	.	.	.
Blacksheep	.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Bookerman	.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
daan		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
donbenni	.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
dustdriver	.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
EdCase		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Famine		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Hugo Boss	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
Jan		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Mark_T		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Master. P	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
Milford Cubicle	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
Mr. P		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Kelly		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Queen Bee	<	F.Polo	Short	?	Black	White	.
Race Idiot	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
Ren-Tec		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Roo		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Ruud		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
sjaak68		.	.	.	.	.	.	.	
Specialized	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
Stevisiov90	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
sukerkin	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
Sureshot	.	.	.	.	.	.	.		
Venari		<	M.Polo	Long	S	DkGrn	White	.

AMG, Bee, Queen Bee and me filled in for examples.

For me, instead of having my name on the t, i'd rather it say THE OCHO 8 or something. Don't mind my avatar on it, but i may change my name again so thats not needed! A plain t in medium size. Any colour except white or red, cos we did those at previous lans.... Mebbe a pale blue....?

I'm sure anything you come up with Venari (and who ever else is helping) will be fantastic!
I thought my 'I WENT TO UKGTP7 AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT' was quite quirky, but i know your going for class!! 👍

Of course, Famine already has one t-shirt that says massdebator, so careful with that, he works with children!! :sly:

What is the limit of graphics you can place on the shirt?
Would love to give it a try.

Here you are i knocked up something very quickly, ideas and comments welcome

OCHO8Carcopy.jpg

If you're looking for a Tshirt template try this.

and have a look at this [thread=69143]GTP T-shirt competition[/thread] thread

AMG.

Sorry, but those look like football shirts to me with that number and name on the back, not a racing shirt.
edit: i like the font on the front of the long sleeved shirt.

I like it when the beat goes duh dun duh ... Baby make your booty go duh dun duh .... Baby I know you wanna show duh dun duh ... That thong thong thong thong thong :sly: :lol:

funny stuff ;) 👍

Don't know if this is any good:
ochochirtsej1.png

the avatar could be replaced by stickers like the last time.
That saves in printing costs

I think its good, its got an ace cool scheme, and it looks like its luminescent to keep us safe in the dark. Using your head, I like it.

Oh, I'm glad I checked this before I went out.

These are fabulous!

Okay, some ground rules. Please, for the sake of gtplanet.net, stay away from anything that looks like Sony's original text styles and artwork for the games. Everything here is good, but my original designs were a bit close to the edge.

Large spreads of graphics (like DustDriver's cool entry) require screen printing, so will be best on plain Ts rather than the heavy waffle cotton you get with most Polos. However, I love the style, so I'll see what's available.

Bee & Queen Bee - cool. If anyone, male or female, wants pants and thongs, the rest of us will force you to model them at the event. :mischievous:

Serge D. - avatar graphics are doable, but best kept small, and will need to use transfer printing. Maybe avatars at the top of the arm will work...

Ren-Tec - that's a cracking logo. This kind of thng is what would be good as a breast logo, about 80 to 100mm wide, in embroidery. If you want critique on this, I would only suggest that you bring the car a little closer to the text, and if the car graphic represented our Clio Cup Endurance car (a signature of the UKGTP series) then that might be even more spectacular.

In fact, this lot is so good, I'm off to get my printer to plug in and print them all off before I go down the shop to get rough quotes.

Keep at it! I myself have had an 'original' idea today, so I shall be posting some graphics later.

P.S. I've bought one or two cool auto related t-shirts from www.n138.net - so if you like Le Mans especially, go there, have a look.

this is a bit more normal, but it sticks with the GTP colour scheme.

Tell me what you think

Looks great for the lads haha dunno what the female population of UKGTP will think though. :scared:

@ AMG
i made an entry for that comp :)
As did I :)

Don't know if this is any good:
ochochirtsej1.png

the avatar could be replaced by stickers like the last time.
That saves in printing costs
Front: Lose the avatar. Keep the ocho, that gives it much more style
Rear: Font looks "horror" movie-ish, try something else

Other than that I really like it 👍

AMG

To bad i closed Photoshop without saving then :dopey:
A good thing that it isn't hard to make/replicate

Have to find some good custom fonts, i don't like the standard ones in windows

Bee
Looks great for the lads haha dunno what the female population of UKGTP will think though. :scared:

yeah :lol: maybe a girl should design the girls. Queen Bee's design was quite good.

Click to enlarge.

The good news is that there is a whole range of T-shirt types, so you can have pretty much whatever you like, polo, short-T, long-T, ladies skinny, etc. and you can have a whole heap of colours.
Lilac - Royal Blue - White - Red - Navy - Sky - Gold - Black
And the blokes' polos get a few more:
Jade - Yellow - Natural - Purple - Turquoise - Emerald - Orange - Bottle green - Burgundy - Light Royal - Light Jade - Grey

The bad news is we're quite limited on colours for the logo unless the cost goes through the roof.

A polo with single logo on the front only (no personalisation) costs £11.75

Add anything to the back, and prices are £16.45 for transfer print (one colour) or £20.56 for more embroidery. Gulp.

What I didn't ask was if the logo was printed on the left, and the name was printed on the right, with nothing on the back. I think this will be £16.45 (but I'll need to check, it might be slightly less.)

Keep the ideas coming, the deadline for our choice and orders will be Thursday 27th September.

Picked new fonts for the shirts.
here are a couple of version of the same one:

edit: is it cheaper to lose the username and have 1 design for everyone?
edit 2: if someone wants a specific color combination, please say so and i'll alter the design :)

DustDriver: I like the sleeve flashes. For those drivers who want a number, they could be contained within them. I think we could get those for free from what I understood at the shop. I think any final design might gain this little touch. Your design would be transfer printed, and the single colour helps its cause.

The back design is quite large (looks good!) but if we were to choose your design, while I'd try to get it as large as possible, it might not be quite as big as shown.

Personalisation is no cost, as long as it is text only. Your design fits the bill perfectly as long as the font you have used is a 'TrueType' font (and no other brand will do) and the cost would be £16.45.

Changing the colours is also not a problem, everyone would have the same design, but people could choose colour of t-shirt and text to suit them.

P.S. I've just read what Bee put on those pants: "I owned everyone at UKGTP8 - and all I got were these pants." :lol:

Personalisation is no cost, as long as it is text only. Your design fits the bill perfectly as long as the font you have used is a 'TrueType' font (and no other brand will do) and the cost would be £16.45.
I checked and the the fonts i used are all TrueType.
Racing League: Rage Italic LET
The '8' on the front: Cataneo BT
all the rest: Smudger LET
But all the text have the anti-alias mode strong in ps. Don't know if they have that option too when printing.

edit: Made the ukgtp and the racing text smaller on the back and tested the look of a number on the sleeves.
+ another color scheme ;)
ochoversion2zu0.png

Hope you don't mind me using your old username Ed Case.

Crickey, I really like the Rev counter, and I wouldnt even mind switching from Polo to a Tshirt for that. It looks very tidy & professional. It gets the msg accross very effectively and doesnt scream in your face so to say.

AMG

or

Yeah... nice. The second one, without the circle...

I think we'd have to keep it to two colours.

Maybe if the needle stopped just a little short of the O... like this:

Well, I'm a size medium and I would like a polo shirt, any colour. If my current avatar could go on there somewhere that would be great.

If you want to use the gtp logo on the shirt you have to ask jordan for permission.
If you haven't done that already ;)

I've asked, but not received a response yet.

Nothing will get printed up with the gtplanet.net text or logo until Jordan permits it.

Back