UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
Me and Vex'd are looking to make a Dutch appearance next year, although I seriously need to get a wheel and some practice before I even consider racing against them.

Put myself in on that boat too! Much practicing too for me, but hey - on the real circuits (and just about anywhere, in anything) you learn by running against/with the best.

(Too much suck-up-i-ness? I mean, that's 12-gauge smarm there.)

I have a few photos that are reasonable, I shall post them up later this week as I have a busy night tonight. Actually, most of them are really rubbish... so of course I blame the camera.

Put myself in on that boat too! Much practicing too for me, but hey - on the real circuits (and just about anywhere, in anything) you learn by running against/with the best.

Will do.

I'm going to buy a G25 or DFP and start getting to grips with it.

Do you think you could get another special car for the trip to Holland? If so, I'll drive. :)

No, nor me. My GT4 Hybrids were on there! :D

No company motors allowed abroad, I'm afraid.

Intriguing... All of the memory cards had sticky labels on with the owner's name penned upon it - and those that didn't, I created one for...

Venari - I never used that card... Nigel passed one over at the start of the weekend and I used his...

Despite what I said on saturday on not being able to go to Holland, I have changed my mind and try all I can to persuade my parrents to let me go to Holland. I will wait to see on what the plan is. But if it is like that one then 👍

:lol: - Sounds like the Holland trip is getting less intimate by the hour. I can see that Lady S and I are going to have to fight for our claim on first dibs for accomodation :D.

Oh and Mark T, I completely forgot to thank you for the club trip on Saturday night/Sunday morning - I know I didn't have much complimentary to say about where we went (not my sort of music :embarrassed:) but that doesn't diminish your efforts in searching it out and getting us in.

Then again, it was allowing myself to be persuaded to go there that meant I missed the Sunday racing ... well that and whatever was in that last drink that Ruud bought me ROFL.

Lol, with that many persons they may need to implement a qualifying time to enter :)

[shouting]All a- broaaaaaad!!![/shouting]

over a thousand posts....

What a time.

I will thank everyone for such a great weekend in one go:
:cheers: (well done Bee, and of course Ren-Tec) <-I owe him £1.80 :dunce:
Thankyou for the experience, and everyone's patience.
I learned a lot, and had some of the most heart-racing times in a seat that ive ever had, with one exception, but i wont go there. :mischievous:
Im lookin forward to the results thread, and so will be brief here and say, i am defo up for "The Dutcho".

I just need a battle plan for beating Jan, and drafting Hugo
:irked:👍

Oh and Mark T, I completely forgot to thank you for the club trip on Saturday night/Sunday morning - I know I didn't have much complimentary to say about where we went (not my sort of music :embarrassed:) but that doesn't diminish your efforts in searching it out and getting us in.

That's no problem. I agree, the venue wasn't brilliant but it was good to get out with the Dutch guys and yourself, had a good time. I don't know what Ruud bought you, I was only drinking Corona.

over a thousand posts....

What a time.

I will thank everyone for such a great weekend in one go:
:cheers: (well done Bee, and of course Ren-Tec) <-I owe him £1.80 :dunce:
Thankyou for the experience, and everyone's patience.
I learned a lot, and had some of the most heart-racing times in a seat that ive ever had, with one exception, but i wont go there. :mischievous:
Im lookin forward to the results thread, and so will be brief here and say, i am defo up for "The Dutcho".

I just need a battle plan for beating Jan, and drafting Hugo
:irked:👍

Good racing, you where too fast for me. Still I have time to practice for the Dutcho, and if there happens to be a clio endurance, I will try my best to save my tyres for next time, although despite the last lap overtake (which I was gutted about) your team deserved to win, after the calibration issues, and Ren-Tec setting 2 blistering laps.

Originally Posted by DustDriver
All a- broaaaaaad!!!

Nice pun 👍

Oh and I think your sig could do with an update.

I've made a small update to my avatar *cough*

If anyone can help me out with it (the image size is a bit too small to compensate for needing to reduce the kb) then i'd be grateful. I'd like to be able to make it into a 'rolling avatar' instead of a .gif but have absolutely no clue how to do it!

Twin brother? Are you kidding. When they made me, they broke the mould.

(Actually, they took it out back and shot it.)

Glad to see everybody had a great time. Don't quote me on this, but I believe our fastest Clio lap was in the high 1'26s.

You guys will laugh when Mars posts the video of my M5 on his tail!!

Glad to see everybody had a great time. Don't quote me on this, but I believe our fastest Clio lap was in the high 1'26s.

You guys will laugh when Mars posts the video of my M5 on his tail!!

Is that the M5-at-90-degrees-to-Spyker video? I saw that in the Dos results thread. It's possibly the best on-track moment of the weekend at either LAN :lol: I lol'd. A lot.

Thanks for all your experiences, folks! Even though I feel disappointed I couldn't be there, it sure was an entertaining read :)

I noticed a lot of people made a big effort to make such an event even more special. That's the spirit 👍 I hope I can contribute something myself too in the near future.

Too bad the Dutchies couldn't take the trophy home... Although I can tell from experience that Jaaaan starts to make mistakes as soon as he's in the lead :P
Luckily they did convince some of you to cross the pond for the so-called Dutcho. I'm looking forward to that event :cheers:

Incidentally, I currently have custody of a very shiny, black DS2. If anyone's missing it, please let me know.

Seems like it's my DS2, but it doesn't really matter.
It's shiny because it's not used very often.
I brought my favorite one back and still have an unopened one also.

I'll keep custody of it until I see you next then - unless you want me to post it to you?

Incidentally, if anyone has any borked DS2s, please send them to me.

Back