UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
After much route-testing between Banbury (my house) and Bristol (parents), I've found the quickest route is straight up the m5 to J11a, then follow the A436 and A429 towards Stow, then head for Chipping Norton and Banbury via the A361. All in, that's 1hr45m from M5J19 to Banbury centre.

That's the route I'll be using then.:)

Is there still no solution for us whom don't participate, to watch the venue at home?

You could watch SFGTP2 instead!!! We should have web-cammy goodness, but you'll have to deal with the 9 hour time difference from Belgium.
Not much I can do about that. ;) Keep an eye on the SFGTP2 thread for a site IP address once it's assigned on Saturday morning. (~9am PST, i.e. 6pm in Belgium.)

It's all kicking off! The Dutch are in the bar, Famine's in the bath, and I am in a heightened state of awareness.

The special guest is here, and is a sod. 60 miles of conversation and I've got cramp in my left calf. Bugger!

Roll on the Ocho!

V.

I will be arriving at some point tomorrow morning in a gold Vauxhall Astra, where should I head once I get there? I will be texting Venari when I am leaving so he knows I'm coming. :)

Bee
In 40 minutes me and QB will be there, here come the butterflies! :nervous:

They have deadly butterflies up that way? :nervous:

I'll see you all tomorrow morning. If the journey goes to plan I'll be there 8:30, makes sense to allow for Motorway traffic/accidents/animals.

It's all kicking off! The Dutch are in the bar, Famine's in the bath, and I am in a heightened state of awareness.

The special guest is here, and is a sod. 60 miles of conversation and I've got cramp in my left calf. Bugger!

Roll on the Ocho!

V.

damn that special guest, she is beautiful ;)

we dont want to wreck it for the people turning up over the rest of the weekend now, do we?
:)

Me and Queen Bee just got back from the dinner. Was a fun time out but time to get our game faces on! :mischievous:

Just enjoyed a nice evening at Tommy Flynns (nice to be told that everyone was somewhere else!). As one of only two patrons that did the 8pm - midnight shift, I at least enjoyed getting to know the landlord and his better half. Hopefully 10am Saturday will result in slightly better attendance rates :crazy:

Yesterday was cool, As a typical moderator, Famine sat stood / sat watching us all carrying the equipment in (several TV'S, and cockpits, as well as bags and boxes). I had to go at 6 becauuse it was the last bus. Unfortunatley didnt catch bee and his queen yesterday, am hoping to today :D

Please, no one go blurting out the special guest to people who are yet to attend.

I've just killed Mark T.

Moving on, fun day 1... Day 2 and the Clio Endurance to follow :D

Oddly, only 18 attendees for tomorrow. Last I counted, there were 25 coming on Saturday, but we only got 21 in the end... Still, plenty of fun left over to share around the attendees.

Incidentally, Jan is demonically fast. I ph34r the (£11) trophy is heading to the distant shores of the Netherlands...

I also didnt realise that Bee was 19'7 :D

To all:

I may have trouble getting there tommorow, and ive texted venari to inform him, maybe he can pick me up :P

Hope you guys are having fun, because i'm not. Thanks for offering me a lift Venari anyway although I don't think you'd want to trapse all the way to London anyway.

Hello... TM here :) (under a cunning disguise!)

We're about to start the Clio enduro here... great first day racing, and having alot of fun over here in California :D

Hope The Ocho has been as much fun as Los Dos :cheers:

22C and sunny. Glorious day in Emeryville. We may go out and see it when the enduro ends!!!!

How did your Clio event go?

P.S. We're all curious as to who/what the special guest was? :)

I bet they didn't have a special guest though :)

That was so awesome. Brilliant fun was had be all, and I can't wait for 9. I had some great battles, particularly against sjaark68 and sukerkin. Great to see all the UKGTP n00bs and the old faces too.

Big thank you to Venari for organising the venue and feeding us, and, as ever, to Famine for sorting the events. It was mega. Cheers!

Nick - check your PMs for a picture of all of us with the special guest.

Back