UKGTPXII - The Douze Cruise - Now with videos

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 232 comments
Why does this page of the thread make me think of small flying insects that are attracted to a smelly anus?

👎:irked:

That's bumflies you're thinking of. Bumfles are an entirely different thing.

I think it's inappropriate for my fiance's best man to be discussing my assets...

blue_tit_mike_read_470x470.jpg

You called?

I really can't remember if I was in that race or not... what I do remember is that whoever I was racing against I made a mess of the start and spent the whole rest of the race catching up and passing people.

In fact, I might well have been in that race... (haven't finished watching the vid yet, bear with me), is that the one where Daan and Roo both spun off and I passed them? I do remember a lot of swearing...

In fact, that could well be me at the back of the "queue".

EDIT: I'm certain it's me, actually.

Yeah, definitely me. I remember taking those two places from the carnage. Result! :D

Last edited:
You finished 2nd in that race behind VEXD. I don't know if the unnamed R390 is you or Venari though.

I'm loving the commentary all the way through that one Daan.

Great stuff 👍

I didn't enjoy the race so much though.... those cars were so evenly matched, the slightest mistake put you right back until you hit the straight again....

I ran wide because I got fully on the grass coming down the hill, and couldn't get the speed off the car as I approached the long left hander.

Still can't believe I was 4th with 2 laps to go, and managed to win it.

Thank god for fictional A.A.Milne characters and their ability to spin off unaided.

Now why couldn't you have done that in the handicap on the Nurburgring, eh?

:irked:👍

Clio Endurance
Laguna Seca, 50 laps

1st homeforsummer & Roo 1hr 18 min 33 sec
2nd Famine & Sureboss -1 lap
3rd daan & Holdenhsvgtsr -1 lap
4th Venari & Blacksheep -2 laps
5th VEXD & Tig -3 laps

That may not be accurate, or even true, but to the best of my recollection that's how the enduro finished. It's the only race I remember the result of, although I'm not sure why...

I was a bit in awe at how awful Famine was around there. I had to stay out extra long so we had 1 less pit stop than others! :D

Might be because they are the same car. Just a wild stab in the dark though.

Alright fine, that statement may not have portrayed my distaste with the car quite so accurately....

What I was trying to convey was the fact that even if you braked earlier, took a tighter line to undertake someone on the hairpin and pull out in front, the car would still think about it for a while as your opponent came off the bend next to you, and you'd only end up relinquishing the very small lead you had 10 yards later.

That kind of evenly matched.

Humph.

Nice results on the enduro Roo! I don't remember being in that race.......

:grumpy:👍

Heh, given that GT5 probably won't be released some time into the middle of next year you're probably right...

Still, it gives people the time to post the results... ;)

I'm just wondering if there were any more vids you'd care to upload David? I was really enjoying watching the others.......

:irked:👍

Back