UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
Is the area off North Bar Place, just to the left and up a bit from the Cromwell patio, the parking area?

Yes. The access is to the right of the Cromwell frontage.

Right I now have no work untill next monday so I'm gonna be let loose on everyone.. :mischievous:

As Mark said, me and Queen Bee will be at Tommy Flynns at roughly 7pm. We'll be catching a taxi home and then be back in Banbury around 9am on the Saturday. Both of us will be available for the entire event.

Queen Bee is wondering however, how many women will she be able to mingle with at the event? You know what women are like.. :lol:

See ya'll tomorrow!
:D

well we've got mike coming so thats another 1 :P

I realised I have no idea where I am going :lol:

I have no idea where I'm going either, but hopefully Tomtom does.
tomtom said we were in a field when we were on a motorway though! :P

btw just noticed that i forgot to put the A/V cable in with the ps2 :ouch: will you need it? the gt4 game is in the ps2 and i cant find the bag that had all the extra ethernet cables :(

I can't say with any certainty when we will be arriving tomorrow as we shant be leaving until about half past five (some of us have work that we can't get out of, bleedin' selfish National Grid wanting to keep the power on :D :().

In answer to Queen Bee's question about female compatriots, my missus will ensure that there will be at least one other human of a female persuasion at the event :D.

Venari could you possibly post the postcode for the exact location of the meet please? I can't remember where it has been posted!

Also, where it says 'N Bar Pl' is that one of those little side roads leading to the carpark round the back?

well we've got mike coming so thats another 1 :P

I realised I have no idea where I am going :lol:

You know where the Thai Orchard is right? (I vaguely remember talking about it in a PM with you) Go across the road and yoru at Tommy Flynns, a little bit down from there gets you to the Cromwell.

Ox16 0tb

tomtom said we were in a field when we were on a motorway though! :P
I updated it yesterday though. :D

btw just noticed that i forgot to put the A/V cable in with the ps2 :ouch: will you need it? the gt4 game is in the ps2 and i cant find the bag that had all the extra ethernet cables :(
I have a spare AV cable I can use, and I'm sure Famine has enough networky cables.

Thanks! The route is more complicated than I had imagined actually, and it says it's going to take me 2hrs 30mins to get there. I guess I'll just have to put my foot down a little bit! Since the route is so complicated I'm going to see if I can blag a satnav from work that can be bought back for a full refund after one weekend. :lol:

For those who are:

A) Live outside of Banbury.

And,

B) Brave enough to not take the M40.

This is for you. The road between Brackley and Banbury, the A422 will be closed throughout the weekend due to resurfacing, so I dunno if it effects anyone but I though just incase..

Bee
For thsoe who are:

And,

Thisi s for you. The road between Brackley and Banbury, the A422 will be closed throughout the weekend due to resurfacing, so I dunno if it effects anyone but I though just incase..

What about the A436? That seems to be the main road I'll be on having left the M5 at J11a. Why can't Banbury be closer to the motorway? I'm considering nipping home first and then driving back in using my dad's sat nav actually, plus I sort of know the back roads from Banbury to the Midlands after a bit of a mishap on the M40 once. (I was aiming for Coventry from Warwick and ended up in Banbury due to road closures :lol:)

I haven't heard or seen anything for that road so at a guess I think they are leaving it be.

and it says it's going to take me 2hrs 30mins to get there.
It's 5 and a half hours for me. Boring motorway all the way. :( (Although my car is well suited to motorway driving)

I just went for a few liscence tests to see if I've still got it, after adjusting to GT5p, as it happens I was OK, so those of you who had concerns, its not too hard to jump back. I got a few golds in, not quite the gold frenzie I was hoping for but who cares.

Incidentally, I'm one memory card shy of a full 12, so I'll need to do a quick clonie on the first memory-carded visitor on Saturday... :D

Thanks! The route is more complicated than I had imagined actually, and it says it's going to take me 2hrs 30mins to get there. I guess I'll just have to put my foot down a little bit! Since the route is so complicated I'm going to see if I can blag a satnav from work that can be bought back for a full refund after one weekend. :lol:

Does it have to be so complicated?

I am about an hour west of Taunton, and my initial examination of the map shows that You, Me and the Cromwell are all on the A361. Might not be as fast as the motorway, but much less boring.

On the downside that makes for a 5am start if I want to get there for the kickoff.:indiff:

Does it have to be so complicated?

I am about an hour west of Taunton, and my initial examination of the map shows that You, Me and the Cromwell are all on the A361. Might not be as fast as the motorway, but much less boring.

On the downside that makes for a 5am start if I want to get there for the kickoff.:indiff:

After much route-testing between Banbury (my house) and Bristol (parents), I've found the quickest route is straight up the m5 to J11a, then follow the A436 and A429 towards Stow, then head for Chipping Norton and Banbury via the A361. All in, that's 1hr45m from M5J19 to Banbury centre.

Also, I don't know if it's relevant to anyone but Cherwell Street in Banbury is closed southbound over the weekend, which clogs up the ring road and could cause issues for anyone coming in Saturday morning.

Bee
For those who are:

And,

This is for you. The road between Brackley and Banbury, the A422 will be closed throughout the weekend due to resurfacing, so I dunno if it effects anyone but I though just incase..

Hmmm...

We will be coming in from the M40, so that stretch of the 422 to the 361 isn't shut?

Our route is quite simple, A24, M25, M40, A422, A361, Cromwelll.

I'll bring my spare A/V cable too, might aswell. About 2hr25 according to AA Route, that's normally about 15 mins out though. We should miss the M25 traffic as we're leaving at about 6.

Can't think if there any other questions, the route seems nice and simple, I know that if we can't use the 422 that we need the 361 which will take us to the Cromwell exactly.

Hmmm...

We will be coming in from the M40, so that stretch of the 422 to the 361 isn't shut?

Our route is quite simple, A24, M25, M40, A422, A361, Cromwelll.

If your coming off the motorway, you should be fine, I think to be exact its the section of A422 between a village called Farthinghoe and Brackley.

Bee

You know where the Thai Orchard is right? (I vaguely remember talking about it in a PM with you) Go across the road and yoru at Tommy Flynns, a little bit down from there gets you to the Cromwell.

Ah, thanks for the directions I'm pretty sure where we are going!

I'll be in banbury in about an hour or so and I may track you down at the cinema for no good reason :P

I'll be in banbury in about an hour or so and I may track you down at the cinema for no good reason :P

That would be a brilliant idea except for the part where I'm not working today. :ouch:

Bee

Ah, thanks for the directions I'm pretty sure where we are going!

oh wait....

:lol:

Bee
If your coming off the motorway, you should be fine, I think to be exact its the section of A422 between a village called Farthinghoe and Brackley.

Okay, thanks Bee :)

Just going to go and sort out my Mem cards and stuff, and race at Imola on F106.

Bee
Queen Bee is wondering however, how many women will she be able to mingle with at the event? You know what women are like.. :lol:
*waves*

Famine is currently wrapped in a large tangle of cables and PS2s so can't come the internet right now.
Please leave any messages after the tone...

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

After a particularly tricky proceedure, I have succesfully detached my G25, from my cockpit. God knows how I am going to get the bloody thing back on, but the good news it shall be in banbury with me at 4pm today! just a few more things to pack now.

After much route-testing between Banbury (my house) and Bristol (parents), I've found the quickest route is straight up the m5 to J11a, then follow the A436 and A429 towards Stow, then head for Chipping Norton and Banbury via the A361. All in, that's 1hr45m from M5J19 to Banbury centre.

Now that sounds like a plan - I wasn't looking forward to negotiating Swindon between 8 and 9am!

Guess I should stop procastinating and start packing / checking the car is Ok.

Right I am packed and on my way to the train station now, so I will be arriving in banbury approx. 2hours from now, so not too long now, until i see some fellow ochoists, and GTP'ers sor that matter. 👍

Is there still no solution for us whom don't participate, to watch the venue at home?

Back