UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
Damn.

I was really looking forward to presenting you with the UKGTP trophy...

I guess I'll just have to keep it for myself now... :D

Going to keep it for yourself?? Sounds like you're getting older...

I'll try to conquer the trophy from the 9th UKGTP then when I'm there to meet some of the most ancient GT fossils before they're all putrefied :D

Jesus it's getting close, I still have to pick up my new slim PS2.

I read on the 1st page that the Sunday is will probably finish around 4-5pm on the Sunday. The company I work for has said they may need me in Sunday afternoon around 5pm which means I may have to leave a bit earlier than expected. Hopefully I can wangle my way out of it but I thought it's best to let everyone know.

Just finalized the room plan. You guys are gonna love it.

If you know any dirty or GT4/driving related verses to "she'll be coming 'round the mountain" then get 'em ready, because you will want to sing them.

I've got the bowling booked for 8 (I think it's 8, maybe 8.30) but that means severe chilling and food consumption in the diner beforehand from as early as we like.

Some of my works colleagues are quite intrigued by the idea of this thing, so they're going to be poking their heads in during the day. I must be bloody mental.

V.

(2 days 15 hours 6 minutes!)

Racing. Drinking. Eating. Bowling. Drinking.

Sounds superb. This weekend is going to be such a chill out session.

Multi-region Networking... Negative :(

On the off-chance, I hooked my NTSC-J and PAL slimmies together. They successfully navigated themselves through to the "Waiting For Connection" screen (with the 1/2/3 white dots of doooom)... After a moment's hesitation, they both skipped past it and... hung there doing exactly nothing.

So I'm not exactly sure what the issue is, but it's not possible to network two machines from different regions as far as I can tell... :(

Lol, i totally forgot to order pounds. Mom is going to a bigger bank tomorrow to ask if they have any.
It wouldn't be a total disaster, since i can use my card, but that costs extra if you want to use it abroad.

And sorry, but i'm not bringing any beer. To fragile and not enough room.

You should be able to buy some £'s on your card here. It shoud cost less than paying for everything on your card.

You should be able to buy some £'s on your card here. It shoud cost less than paying for everything on your card.

Correct, there's a number of travel agents and currencey exchanges in Banbury, DD. ;)

Oh me and Laura should be at Tommy Flynns around 7pm on the Friday.
;)

DD: You can withdraw money on your card here, it'll cost you 1.5% (ish, depends on your bank) plus 2.5% Visa fee. If you buy stuff with your card, it'll only cost you the 1.5% (Ish). Hth.

BESTEST MOST HEROIC ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPION TOP BANANA DEATHMATCH NEWS EVAH

Nervous breakdowns aside, our special guest is booked.

Heh.

[/smug mode]

BESTEST MOST HEROIC ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPION TOP BANANA DEATHMATCH NEWS EVAH

Nervous breakdowns aside, our special guest is booked.

Heh.

[/smug mode]

Tell me who it is.

Please.

I got the whole weekend off work without even asking for it! :D:D:D
So I'm planning on driving up there Sat. morning, going to my parents for Sat night and then I can come back on Sunday before driving back to Taunton in sunday evening. :)

I've got to think about how hung over I will be on Saturday as I'm celebrating both my birthday and halloween all in one, and I'm meant to be seeing my girlfriend this weekend too but I'm sure she'll understand if I just 'go to see my parents'. :lol:

If I do make it I am able to bring the following if needed;
-TV
-PS2
-DFP
-2 x controllers
-Copy of GT4
-Power splitters

Hope you guys have fun! While your having fun, I'll be enjoying my Birthday. :D

Wish I could come still.

speeds - is it actually your birthday this weekend? (Looks at profile) Holy cow, so it is.

Oh man, you're gonna miss a hoot. :( :( :(

Moglet! Get on down, man. We'll welcome you with an open bar. If your PS2 is a slimline (or networked fattie), and you've got a TV and a MEMORY CARD (very important) then get on down. We'll be kicking off 9-10am-ish. I'm sure we won't kick out a latecomer either.

Let me know. (PM sent.)

speeds - is it actually your birthday this weekend? (Looks at profile) Holy cow, so it is.

Oh man, you're gonna miss a hoot. :( :( :(

Yea, it certainly is. As I said I really did try my hardest to come but it just wouldn't fit in with anything. Maybe next time. :sly:

OT: I hope someone makes me a birthday thread or I might cry. :(

Moglet! Get on down, man. We'll welcome you with an open bar. If your PS2 is a slimline (or networked fattie), and you've got a TV and a MEMORY CARD (very important) then get on down. We'll be kicking off 9-10am-ish. I'm sure we won't kick out a latecomer either.

Let me know. (PM sent.)

I've got a slimline, a memory card and a TV along with some other stuff. Like I said via PM I might be turning up late as it's a 2 hour drive and my gf won't appreciate me getting up early! :lol: So I'm looking at being there for about 11 or so I think. 👍

Okay, ever such a slight amount of excitement building now at Castle Venari.

Just to help you good folks get here, here's a repeat of earlier info:

Map on Banbury centre with locations above added. (Click to enlarge.)

Slightly transposed to the east to include the M40 junction 11, and a photo overlaid to illustrate where we will be for the event. (Click to enlarge.)
The loop of roads in front of the Cromwell includes parking.

Tommy Flynn's Pub is pretty much smack underneath the green arrow, at the bottom of the inset photo. The wonderful local Banbarians Bee and Queen Bee shall be there around-about 7pm. I hope to be there a little earlier, guest collection and other hassles notwithstanding.

Joe Delucci's restaurant, for those slightly later Friday attendees, is pretty much under the 't' of 'Parsons St' on the map, the road which travels east from the Cromwell.

Happy travels to all, if I don't update this beforehand. Don't drive too fast - leave that for "The Ocho", eh?

:D

Your host and certifiable nutter,

Venari, aka Mark.

Venari, as discussed I'm going to call you when I arrive. I should be there for 8 ish depending on how early I can leave work. I'm going to print out your maps although I'm going to be using sat nav.

Check your PMs aswell.

My suitcase is ready, and ps2 is packed. Ready to go :)

It'll be early morning tomorrow

Just finished packing my stuff. Just got to get the TV ready.

Safe journey DD.

likely to make all day sunday and afternoon saturday, but not evening bowling.

Is the area off North Bar Place, just to the left and up a bit from the Cromwell patio, the parking area?

My suitcase is ready, and ps2 is packed. Ready to go :)

It'll be early morning tomorrow

err, i have yet too even attempt to pack, I am a little disorganised and still have a little college coursework to finish off with before i do pack. On the plus side, I will eventually be packed hopefully before 2pm tommorow, or else i am in trouble.

Virgin trains orchistrate that I will be arriving at banbury at 4:12pm tommorow, a little earlier than most, but I am sure by the time I have lugged my equipment to the cromwell and checked in, it will be almost 5, and I might go for a wander for a bit, i hear there isn't massive amounts of things to do for a 17 year old in banbury, but I will find something, and then 6-7PM I am sure I will see many people at tommy flynns.

So venari, I mean Mark, any idea what time the restaurant skirmish takes place, or will that be dictated on what time the attendees arrive?

Roll on the ocho 👍

Back