Unpopular opinion - VGT Cars need to go...

• Thread starter nickg07
  • 189 comments
I like the concept of VGTs but there's way too many repeats and duplicates now bloating up the car list. And the least PD could do is to model them all properly with an interior view like the rest of the cars in the game.

They can put together an interior for fictional Gr3 cars, why can't they put the same effort into Kaz's VGT babies?

I don't really agree, the "LM" fantasy cars in the early games were a workaround past the fact that they didn't have a lot of real-life licensed racecars. They were more or less balanced against each other in terms of power and weight and suspension setups could do the rest.

Most of the VGT cars are completely useless; they're either in group X with no races for them to even run or they're horribly slow in their assigned class. (Perhaps outside of group 1 at SSRX, an utterly pointless race itself.) Or, as we saw in the first week, they have a hybrid power pack and are eligible for a race where that completely breaks the meta. Just silly stuff.

And yeah, if we get a Chevrolet VGT instead of a Corvette C8 Z06 I won't be all that happy. :irked:
Agreed. The “LM” fantasy cars were more akin to the fantasy Gr3 and Gr4 cars that are in-game placeholders for brands that don’t actually run a GT3/GT4 car in real life.

So I hated VGT when they were first implemented a few years ago.

And I still do. It's no surprise that when i hear about grinding hacks typically they involve a VGT car. The tomahawk for example.

I wish we had more normal cars than VGT's.

I'm sure fantasy vehicles have someplace in online gaming, maybe in Wipeout 2097 but for me these don't belong in Gran Turismo or are just too over powered that they don't make sense.
They aren't my thing, that's for sure. They are interesting, but I would much rather see actual cars modeled.

What I don't like about the vgt's is that they vary so much in performance. With the new 'menu' it takes me to lap 7 to get 1st place in the Honda, while I'm at number 1 in lap 3 in the Porsche vgt (and that includes piling into a wall a few times).

The Suzuki VGT is the best of the bunch. It feels like a real world concept car rather than a million dollar dream EV project.

I’d like to see the VGT concept evolve and focus on more modest models. Something like the Honda e or the Polestar concepts. Even retromods of classic cars with new tech.

Last edited:
What I don't like about the vgt's is that they vary so much in performance.
That's PDs fault for not making the manufacturers stick to the original script of creating their idea of a modern Grand Tourer. They should have all been similar Grand Tourers, but PD just let them get silly with their willy waving.

The project started with a question from Kazunori Yamauchi: "Would you be willing to design your rendition of Gran Turismo for us?" The videogame’s name "Gran Turismo" (GT) refers to a 2-door sport car, known as a Grand Touring car in the automotive world.

I’m a convert. A couple of months ago I’d have said Chuck ‘em out. But now I think they’re quite interesting, but still with certain caveats.

1 They should have their own races/championships, totally separate, no Gr1 or Gr3 versions, no popping up in Gr races.

2 They should all have interiors. No interior? Bench them until the manufacturer can be bothered. In a game where a stated goal is to collect all the cars (the Pokédex page) why should people who only drive cockpit view ever want to waste credits on those models?

3 Get rid of the stupidly Sci-Fi ones, they give the rest a bad name. The Tomahawk, the Chap. Fantasy. PD should limit performance to that particular manufacturer’s best road or Gr 3 car in the game. (So the Dodge VGT could only be as fast as the Viper Gr3, forvexample.)

4 Special mention for the big ugly Pug wedge too. Just an absolute eyesore. Bin it. For me.

Other than that, I like them.

Wasn't really a fan and still am not TBH - prefer real world cars - but the recent update/DLC menu books thrust using them upon us and I must confess... I enjoyed it.

I was gifted the door wedge that is the Peugeot L750R VGT from a ticket a while back - wouldn't have bought it (or another VGT, though I like the look of the BMW as its somewhat "normal" looking) otherwise - and the performance makes for a lot of fun. Enjoyable to.use undoubtedly... I had another run at the VGT menu books today having previously completed them. Not the most profitable, but in an event designed specifically for them with decent payouts, it's not a bad little jaunt!

Last edited:
VGT or Concept Cars in General are something I’ll always adore.
I appreciate the idea of driving some Futuristic Designed Cars.
These Cars are far ahead of their Time and we most probably won’t ever get the Chance to see them irl during our Life Time.
So what can I ask for more than having the Chance to drive them Virtually right now.
The only downside though is that some of them just simply don’t have a Cockpit View.
That’s a real shame.
But other than that I’ll take them anytime over the X Version of any Car we have multiple times available.
Like the Subaru Impreza for example.
Model '94 or '95 or '96… to me they all look identical.
It’s a cool and iconic Car don’t get me wrong but Man, that Lamborghini VGT is a sexy looking Mathafaka, I’ll take that anyday over any 08/15 '90s Japanese Bum 😁

Back