Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Wiki the Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59 is a race car:
  • "This Stingray Racer entered a variety of races as a private personal race car of Bill Mitchell, and won two consecutive SCCA Class C modified titles for 1959 and 1960".
Another one GR.X for the list. :( seriously we need those vintage race cars in one dedicated group

According to Wiki the Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59 is a race car:
  • "This Stingray Racer entered a variety of races as a private personal race car of Bill Mitchell, and won two consecutive SCCA Class C modified titles for 1959 and 1960".
Another one GR.X for the list. :( seriously we need those vintage race cars in one dedicated group
Maybe a GR.V for Vintage.

I don’t think there is that much anger, at least in those complaining of updates. The real anger comes from those complaining about people complaining, which is as much of a problem, maybe even a bigger problem. All of the things you said could be directed at your self so think about that.
Who? Same people who post the exact same thing for each update threads?

Yeah, I feel some of you guys. Race cars are needed, no, not fanfic cars like most Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 cars and Vision Gr. 1 cars. REAL RACE CARS.

LMPs from the late 90s and 2000s? More Group C cars? Pikes Peak (the Escudo, a legenday car in Gran Turismo for example)? DTM GT3 Cars? Rally cars?

Well, I'll just give it time. When GT7 comes I hope we have all of these cars and more. And I wouldn't mind if their quality is the same as this PS4 GT Sport, because the quality so far is OUTSTANDING and I think it can barely get any better than this.

I think we cannot ask more from a 2 years old game. Someone forget that some cars are not updated premium gt6 but new ones. Anyway, I really hope Pd would find a solution for GTS to close GrX and give race cars some appropriate race categories.

I don't personally see that much need for more race cars. For the most used groups there are already plenty of options, I've never found myself thinking "oh that race would have been so much more enjoyable if there had been another 10 Gr.3 cars for me to choose from". I never have time to test every car for each race as it is, which is one reason I'm doing Manufacturers now. What would be more useful IMO would be for them to adjust the BOP for the road cars to bring more cars into play for N300 etc. Lots of cars are already in the game, people just can't use them. The same can be said to a much lesser extent about some of the Gr cars.

I'm not saying I want them to not add new cars, just that, for me, the current range of cars isn't something that hurts my enjoyment of the game. I'd prefer them to work on the penalty system, for example, as that is something that is absolutely hurting people's enjoyment of races.

I'm surprised we don't have the maintenance notice yet, especially if the update does come on 24th. I guess we'll know for sure by about 7am GMT tomorrow, as the online save warning should start to appear at T minus 23 hours.

I don't personally see that much need for more race cars. For the most used groups there are already plenty of options, I've never found myself thinking "oh that race would have been so much more enjoyable if there had been another 10 Gr.3 cars for me to choose from".

Well said. I can see where people are coming from when requesting more race cars, but it's hard to deny that different road cars in general bring more to the game in terms of unique experiences, as opposed to racing machines wrapped tightly around strict regulations.

I don't personally see that much need for more race cars. For the most used groups there are already plenty of options, I've never found myself thinking "oh that race would have been so much more enjoyable if there had been another 10 Gr.3 cars for me to choose from". I never have time to test every car for each race as it is, which is one reason I'm doing Manufacturers now. What would be more useful IMO would be for them to adjust the BOP for the road cars to bring more cars into play for N300 etc. Lots of cars are already in the game, people just can't use them. The same can be said to a much lesser extent about some of the Gr cars.

I'm not saying I want them to not add new cars, just that, for me, the current range of cars isn't something that hurts my enjoyment of the game. I'd prefer them to work on the penalty system, for example, as that is something that is absolutely hurting people's enjoyment of races.
I agree, but the main reason I chose and stuck with the '17 GT3 RC F, is because it's the newest car in that class. It's also been the most enjoyable car for me to control.

However, updating those list of cars, is what I'm sure many would see as a no brainer. For the purpose of Manufacturers being respresnted with their latest cars.

I'm surprised we don't have the maintenance notice yet, especially if the update does come on 24th. I guess we'll know for sure by about 7am GMT tomorrow, as the online save warning should start to appear at T minus 23 hours.
You're probably expecting the unexpected, yes? :lol:

But that just shifts one problem grouping into another problem grouping.

And there in lies the fundamental issue with this game. I say scrap the groupings in future!
Well thats not going to fix the problem.

The real problem is that many of Gr.X can be spun off into its own group. Example is Group Vintage 1 for fast classic Le Mans like Ferrari P4 and XJ13. Group Vintage 2 for moderate classic racer like Jaguar D Type and Alfa TZ2.

PROTIP:
Roadcar + Livery = Racecar
You're welcome.
PD need to be smarter in utilising the models they already have to give us plenty more (real) race cars.

E30 M3, R32 GT-R, Integrale, various 911’s etc. With race specs and modelled race interior they could add half a dozen or more Group A and Cup cars that would be fan favourites.

Well thats not going to fix the problem.

The real problem is that many of Gr.X can be spun off into its own group. Example is Group Vintage 1 for fast classic Le Mans like Ferrari P4 and XJ13. Group Vintage 2 for moderate classic racer like Jaguar D Type and Alfa TZ2.
Decades and categories works better than a general grouping system like GTS has.

Gr.1 needs the biggest shakeup.

There's at least 4 groups needed:

Gr.1 VGT

Gr.1 LMP-H

Gr.1 2000 LMP (eg. Peugeot 908)

Gr.1 Gr.C

Gr.1 WEC Hypercars (this is coming right?)

Just like how Gr.2 also needs an age category.

Gr.X has its issues. Why is the Zonda R, P1 GTR and the Tesla Model S and BMW i3 mixed in with all the classics.

What are we to make of the Gordini????

Gr.1 needs the biggest shakeup.

There's at least 4 groups needed:

Gr.1 VGT

Gr.1 LMP-H

Gr.1 2000 LMP (eg. Peugeot 908)

Gr.1 Gr.C

Gr.1 WEC Hypercars (this is coming right?)

Just like how Gr.2 also needs an age category.

Gr.X has its issues. Why is the Zonda R, P1 GTR and the Tesla Model S and BMW i3 mixed in with all the classics.

What are we to make of the Gordini????

Meanwhile, you somehow have track ready cars like the Aston Martin Vulcan and The Toyota SF-R Racing concept put in N-Classes (And unsurprisingly, nothing in their respective classes has a chance against them).

Meanwhile, you somehow have track ready cars like the Aston Martin Vulcan and The Toyota SF-R Racing concept put in N-Classes (And unsurprisingly, nothing in their respective classes has a chance against them).

How about the nonsense that is the N200 MX5 Miata race car... or the FT1 concept which was supposed to be N400 etc.

The more I think about it the more angry I get.

Its not so much about the whining itself (as much as they're valid) as they parroting the exact same (subjective) complaints everytime the update news comes out.

Like, we get it. It becomes the real problem since every update news threads ever becomes this talking point.

I don't like Dirt Rally 2.0 microtransactions at all, yet I wont moan about it on every new season news. Probably taking it into general discussion or make a new thread if I want to, but like I said I wont going to spam every said threads. Eventually I moved on atleast from said topic because its a waste of my time and mental health to think about it for a long time, and also knowing that other people will share my sentiment later on and do the same as I did, probably.

As for those who felt their negative opinions is being suppressed and being "forced" to enjoy it, well, think about it. Its a free update in a video game, a leisure item. Its not affecting or disturbing your life much, so why so much dedicated anger? Dont like the game? Move on. Or if said problem still bugs you at least take it to a new thread because im very much not interested hearing what basically amount of an angry broken record.
Couldn't have said it any better!

Decades and categories works better than a general grouping system like GTS has.

Pretty much this, to a degree. I hate to bring up Forza as a point of comparison but the way FM7 groups their race cars together is a pretty solid way of doing it. Aside from Forza GT (which seems to have predominantly GT3/GTE, but also GT4 and GT500 for whatever reason), the rest of their categories seem to be pretty solid and I think GT could possibly take a page out of them, especially with the pre-2000's race cars in Gr.1/3 and vintage race cars in Gr.X, maybe as follows:
  • Group C (and hypothetically LMGTP/LMP900) could go into a separate class like "Retro Prototypes" or "Retro Group 1", similar to FM7's Early Prototype Racers.
  • The Alfa Giulia TZ2, AM DB3S, Ferrari 250 GTO, Jag D-Type, Shelby Daytona and upcoming Corvette Stingray XP-87 Racer concept could be grouped into a "Classic Sports Car Racing/GT" class in a similar vein to FM7's Vintage GT Racing.
  • The Ferrari 330 P4, Ford GT40 Mark IV and Jaguar XJ13 could be marked as "Classic Prototypes" or "Classic Group 1", similar to FM7's Prototype Group Racing.
  • Obviously the '95-spec McLaren F1 GTR should be put into a "Retro GT Racing" or "Retro Group 3" class, but I don't think there's a direct equivalent to 90's GT1 in FM7. Closest I can think of is GT Racing Reborn but that's predominantly IMSA GTO cars, or Forza GT since that strangely has a later GT1 car in the form of the AM DBR9.
  • The Renault Gordini should just be put into a "Classic Rally" class of sorts. There's no exact equivalent to a 60's rally car class in FM7 but the closest I could really get is Rally Heroes which has a Group 4 Stratos lumped with a bunch of Group B cars. Then there's Showroom Rally which tosses all of the road-going versions of rally cars of all decades into the same class (Evos/WRXs vs Alpine A110s and Lancia Stratoses, anyone?)
  • And obviously the '08 and '16 Group 2 GT500 cars should just be split into two classes: Regular Gr.2 and "Class One"-regulation Gr.2 (Class One referring to the regs that the current GT500 and DTM cars have to conform to).
This is about as much sense I can make out of these cars, really. The post has... probably also become somewhat muddled by the end too, but I'm open to suggestions on how this could be improved.

As I said before I think you've got GT Sport on one end of the spectrum and Forza on the other.

We know Forza goes over the top where you have $100 usd VIP Ultimate edition nonsense.

GT Sport is on the other end where they effectivelty charge $25 and you get support for about 3yrs give or take.

The support at this point isnt as encompassing as we'd like... I mean 4 cars a wet track and a smattering of events scapes is about it.

I would agree to PD being a bit more mercenary and asking money for a Spec 2.0 or something along those lines. I'm sure people here would pay up.

People wouldnt complain if they didnt care to be honest. I would love to have GT Sport to return to say 8 cars and a substantial track per update (eg. Silverstone) and some meatier content on the proviso we pay up for that 2nd leg of support past the 2 yr mark.

No its not. It has Much less content than previous games. Players are droping all the time the Only come back for the updates. And besides There is not Much you can do to the cars campared to previous games. Unless you are into sport mode there is not Much to do. And problem with sport mode is that not more than 20% will use it. The other part of the game dosent have enough content to keep players Busy to playing every day. In previous games you had Much more stuff you could do. And you could easily play them for every day in at least a couple of years
lol at only coming back for the updates. Gee! these guys must be long time GT addicts who really know how to drive, either this or crap kids with 60 different games on the PS4, none of which they're actually good at?

As I said before I think you've got GT Sport on one end of the spectrum and Forza on the other.

We know Forza goes over the top where you have $100 usd VIP Ultimate edition nonsense.

GT Sport is on the other end where they effectivelty charge $25 and you get support for about 3yrs give or take.

The support at this point isnt as encompassing as we'd like... I mean 4 cars a wet track and a smattering of events scapes is about it.

I would agree to PD being a bit more mercenary and asking money for a Spec 2.0 or something along those lines. I'm sure people here would pay up.

People wouldnt complain if they didnt care to be honest. I would love to have GT Sport to return to say 8 cars and a substantial track per update (eg. Silverstone) and some meatier content on the proviso we pay up for that 2nd leg of support past the 2 yr mark.
Bingo. Well said.

I’d gladly pay another $20-30 for a spec 2.0 with 50-100 new cars and 5-10 new tracks.

For me GR.4 and GR.3 possess enough variety of cars but i´m only requested for more GR.1 race cars, those VGT´S things never fit the real prototype cars, looks awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back