Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Message deleted)
If you knew what divisive meant, you'd see that your comment doesn't make any sense.

I was commenting on how an update thread has 300+ posts days before it's released. I didn't take a side but as always people are just here to argue.

Last edited:
I assume that SPA is tied to the Michelin update - since it´s not entirely unlikely that they are the ones who are actually paying for it.

Looking forward to Tokyo..... in the rain (I like Tokyo in the raiiiiiiiiiin)

Hope they fix the audio in wet conditions.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the update, can't wait to thrash that Camaro around, regardless of which version it is.

To be honest I'm excited for all four cars! I love vintage cars, and am a big sucker for American muscle, so this car pack is definetily upp my alley :D

Of course hoping and expecting that Spa arrives this time, maybe Tokyo wet, but wouldn't surprise me if it will be in October update.

I'm secretly hoping for a major October update. We already know about the Porsche and the first Michelin content coming then, we'll see about the rest :)

I wonder if the Camaro is a N500/N600 ZL1 car or a Gr. 4 car like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

For me, it's yes please to them both :), it can be the 3rd version which is the Track Packgage ZL11LE, I will be happy with that as well.

Would love to get the GT4 version, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Nxxx, not that I'll comlain. Hyped either way :D

Last edited:
It's kinda funny/ sad to see how divisive these updates have become.

Some of it has nothing to do with the update and people will use any tenuously related post to bring up their wish list for what they wish the game should have been. It's tiring and I don't understand their motivation for complaining for this many years.

Some of it has nothing to do with the update and people will use any tenuously related post to bring up their wish list for what they wish the game should have been. It's tiring and I don't understand their motivation for complaining for this many years.

Yup. I don´t fully understand where they are coming from tbh. I don´t feel entitled to constant updates.

I take them as they come and I´m happy for whatever I can get.

Off Topic: Nice avatar, check out the livery that I´m using on my Porsche:

4621274868152829452_0.jpg

I tune plenty of cars, and its a shame its very limited in this game campared to previous games

I don't think it is that limited, you have the tuning settings we've always had, but you don't have the individual upgrade parts. I don't see that as a big loss to be honest - not that I'm much of a tuner, but surely the appeal is tweaking the settings, not simply selecting parts to install.

without looking at anyone's answers or even the article written here, this is my knee-jerk reaction and my guesses for what's coming up this week... Am i close ?

GTS 919.jpg

Time now for me to go read you all and verify my how close my guesses are...

without looking at anyone's answers or even the article written here, this is my knee-jerk reaction and my guesses for what's coming up this week... Am i close ?

View attachment 852971

Time now for me to go read you all and verify my how close my guesses are...
The one off Corvette is the Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71, the 60’s English roofless sports car is the Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Racer Concept '59 and the 1967 Pontiac GTO is the Dodge Coronet Super Bee '70. The only one you guessed right is the Camaro ZL1, but the year is unknown. It could be a 2017-2019

I don't think it is that limited, you have the tuning settings we've always had, but you don't have the individual upgrade parts. I don't see that as a big loss to be honest - not that I'm much of a tuner, but surely the appeal is tweaking the settings, not simply selecting parts to install.
Its a big loss. You can’t tune the brakes or change them that you could do in previous games. Upgrade parts is Biggest missed feature from previous games. Most of the tuning options are there. But its more limited than it was in gt6 hopefully that will change by time we get gt7 or what next game will be called

Is there a license issue with polyphony for doing a race modification on the existing roster of vehicles into gr.4, gr.3, or gr.b like Gran Turismo 1 or 2? With the wet weather option now possibly on two or more tracks just adding that to possibly a few more vehicles would make it pretty Entertaining. Fingers crossed for Spa or Motegi in the next coming updates!!

I like all the cars in this update, mostly looking forward to Camaro ZL1. If they do include a new track I hope it's not Spa but a new real world circuit new to the series. My one complain is not enough cars.:banghead:

Naw, GTS tuning is actually quite limited compared to 5 & 6. There’s a number of aspects that are missing now.

- adding engine performance parts. These parts actually changed the characteristics of the engine, changing both torque and power curves. In many cases, it was a drastic change that completely re-profiled the curves, meaning the car had to be driven and tuned in different ways, depending on how you built it. For example, you could put a High RPM Turbo on an R33, which produced max power at max RPM....or you could put a Mid range turbo on the same car, peak power was actually higher, but made at roughly 3000 rpm less. This meant that tuning a High RPM turbo was completely different than a mid range turbo tune.

The way it works in GTS, I can make my Supra have 900hp, but the torque curve is the exact same as factory, which is completely unrealistic.

Also, in previous GT games, when building a car to a certain class (PP in previous games), there was more than one way you could arrive at the same PP. You could make a high power, low torque tune, or you could make a high torque low power tune.

- Drivetrain parts actually changed the behaviour and feeling of the drivetrain. Things like flywheels and drive shafts allowed the engine to rev faster, and clutch upgrades increased shifting speed. In this sense, you could make a “street car” tune that would feel very different from a “racecar/track tune”.

- weight played a much bigger role in previous GT games. First, reducing weight effected PP, so that needed to be taken into account when making a tune. In GTS, reducing weight has no impact on stats, which is why some of the balance issues in GTS are so big.

Additionally, in GT 5 & 6, not only could you reduce the weight, but you could add ballast and control the position of the ballast, which meant you could change the weight distribution of the car. Bringing weight distribution closer to 50:50 also increased PP, so again, this needed to be taken into account.

- adding aero parts. In previous GT games, you could add a rear wing to almost any car, which would open up the option of adjusting rear downforce, again, something you can’t do with any street car in GTS. Adding a carbon hood reduced weight, and adding bumpers and side skirts reduced drag coefficients - again, all of this is completely omitted from GTS.

The only racing games out right now that have more simplified and fewer tuning options than GTS are games like Need4Speed and GTA. Everything else has far more tuning options available.

In GTS, the idea that you “build” a tune to a specific PP no longer exists. In GTS, for any given car at a given N rating, every single person in GTS will use the exact same power and weight settings. The only difference is the adjustable settings, but there is zero difference in terms of the “build” of the car.

Edit: just to add. In addition to power parts changing engine characteristics, on many cars, you had the option of changing the engine drastically by adding a turbo or super charger to a NA car. Eg, you could build an NA Civic, or you could build a Turbo Civic. The way you would tune and drive these cars was significantly different from one another.

Last edited:
Its a big loss. You can’t tune the brakes or change them that you could do in previous games. Upgrade parts is Biggest missed feature from previous games. Most of the tuning options are there. But its more limited than it was in gt6 hopefully that will change by time we get gt7 or what next game will be called

I agree completely, the big loss stands for the fact that tuning alone is not enough. The upgrades like spoilers and flat floors provided downforce and the racing brakes allow for reduction on stopping distance which made sense since you had the option on puting 800 bhp on many cars making a car with that much bhp viable.

I
Gr.1 needs the biggest shakeup.

There's at least 4 groups needed:

Gr.1 VGT

Gr.1 LMP-H

Gr.1 2000 LMP (eg. Peugeot 908)

Gr.1 Gr.C

Gr.1 WEC Hypercars (this is coming right?)

Just like how Gr.2 also needs an age category.

Gr.X has its issues. Why is the Zonda R, P1 GTR and the Tesla Model S and BMW i3 mixed in with all the classics.

What are we to make of the Gordini????

I'd also split Gr.X into

Gr.F1 Formula 1

Gr.F2/3/4/FE (This will be split into different groups of course depending if PD add these types of cars)

Gr.I IndyCar

Gr.SF Super Formula

Gr.H Hypercars

Gr.V Vintage (cars made before 1979)

Gr.K Karts

Another Camaro! Color me HAPPY. (Actually, color me Crush, with a black stripe... Will we get to race it, though?) That Super Bee is kind of ugly, but I'm a sucker for old Mopars too. (Come on, "Bee" honest. The AAR Cuda would've been a better choice...) 365 Daytona, Yep, I'll pick it up. Classic Stingray, oh yeah. Love the old photo of it in red...

You are sure?

I miss the tuning in GT6 even though even Forza Motorsport AND Horizon (!!!) has a more complex parts upgrade model than GT Sport.

I can see the appeal of the LVL1-5 upgrades in GT Sport... how its like mobile games and further I can see how this upgrade model suits e-sport however I would just like more choice given that many of us are car enthusiasts who do understand how upgrade parts work and how it just adds more realism to the game.

I care way less about the loss to in-depth tuning in GT Sport compared to older GT games... than I do about the loss of visual customisation.

I can't remember what it was called, but there was always an area you could take any car, whether it be from the second hand dealer or the main dealerships, and start reducing weight, adding carbon fibre cosmetics to it, fully changing wheel sizes etc (I honestly hate that a lot of cars don't let you alter wheel size)

You are sure?

Reasonably.

The technique you go about using to do it, is different. Before you had to buy a bunch of parts to be able to tweak the related settings, and get the relevant performance. Now you can change all the settings directly, but the settings you get to adjust are mostly the same. In previous GT's you'd do a race, win a ton of money, buy every upgrade for the car (which meant cycling through each screen in turn) then tune the settings to your liking. Now, you just get the car, and tune the settings to your liking.

I can see the appeal of the LVL1-5 upgrades in GT Sport... how its like mobile games and further I can see how this upgrade model suits e-sport however I would just like more choice given that many of us are car enthusiasts who do understand how upgrade parts work and how it just adds more realism to the game.

My gripe was you just kept adding bits to get more power and less weight, there was no real thought to doing it or applying upgrades - it's not like reliability or durability was an issue and because stuff wasn't branded and didn't have its own 'character' it all felt a bit like just going through the motions.

I'm not against the old method, but it needed work to make it more 'real' and less like just ticking a box to get more power - even just introducing a couple of brands to choose from for each part, with slight differences, might have made a difference. Or, preferably, getting a bit more granular with the engineering to teach those that don't know, a little more.

Tuning takes skill, I get that... adding parts in order of level does not, and it wasn't detailed enough to give the satisfaction of overnighting a bunch of parts from Japan because you owe Dom a 10-second car.

I'll have to remember to put the PS4 in rest mode & not turn it off completely. I'll need my dose of simulated adrenaline Friday morning.

Really? I mean, really?
What’s the point in making a road car significantly quicker if you can’t upgrade the brakes? Also rules out race replicas.

Realistic limit of tuning/upgrading options is a 10%-15% power boost and weight reduction. Something like you’d see from an OEM.

I assume PD didn’t allow brake upgrades because it could seriously unbalance N class BoP. But surely there’s a workaround.

The flip side is that when we were discussing tuning for the GT6 seasonals the tone tended to be "slap on race brakes and every part and race soft and go for broke".

The Forza system isnt that great but I think the detail it goes into and the fact that if you slap on EVERY mod it breaks PP limits means that you have to be judicious in your upgrading.

I think a blend where you can use Levels and it automatically assigns set parts AND you can roll your own custom chosen parts makes sense but I dont expect that in GT7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back