VCRC : Toyota 2000GT '67 -Race Event- congrats snowgt (GTP_SnowCrash)!

Laps Set to 6 laps per race.

Because this has come up in discussion recently, I have added this to the rules/guidelines section of the OP:

• Bump drafting is widely accepted on ovals, and is sometimes used on straights. However, drivers should exercise caution and thoughtful judgement before employing this in technique in regular race tracks. Bear in mind that not all of your fellow racers may be of the same mind when bump drafting is appropriate, and some might find it distracting or unwelcome. It should never be done near a brake point. When in doubt, do without!

I think this is one of those things where it really behooves you to get to know your racing pals!
So you know what's 👍 and what's 👎

When did it come up? I know we did some of that at high speed ring.. I hope those i bumped didn't mind.

Can I join pleas Melon, car colour standard silver:dopey:

Will get the tracks so I can practice:tup:

Please sign me up, it's been ages since I've raced these events <3

I don't have a car though. :guilty:

What kind of times are we looking at for the tracks?

At hellhole it seemed to be 2:11 at suzuka someone did "a 43" put the appropriate amount of minutes in front of that and you'll have a time. I expect carb to beat my times by a couple of seconds though so cut a couple of seconds off that. ;)

Suzuka - Nicktune 2:43
Hellhole - Audi did 2:11
Targa - I don't think anyone posted & now I can't remember my time I think it was 3:48 - I could be totally off there. Jackargent was in the room, he must've seen something maybe he'll remember.

I got a head cold & probably a fever and now I'm not thinking clearly. :ill:

When did it come up? I know we did some of that at high speed ring.. I hope those i bumped didn't mind.

High Speed Ring sort of counts more as an oval though, than a standard race track, I should think.

Nobody was complaining about that, btw.
This came up in the Track Etiquette thread in the VCRC forum.
I think the question was just prompted by someone wanting to know others' views on this.
And in regards to tracks like Suzuka or Grand Valley, etc.

Suzuka - Nicktune 2:43
Hellhole - Audi did 2:11
Targa - I don't think anyone posted & now I can't remember my time I think it was 3:48 - I could be totally off there. Jackargent was in the room, he must've seen something maybe he'll remember.

I got a head cold & probably a fever and now I'm not thinking clearly. :ill:

High Speed Ring sort of counts more as an oval though, than a standard race track, I should think.

Nobody was complaining about that, btw.
This came up in the Track Etiquette thread in the VCRC forum.
I think the question was just prompted by someone wanting to know others' views on this.
And in regards to tracks like Suzuka or Grand Valley, etc.

Yeah it was. I think bump drafting could have been quite beneficial to me in the last few races on the Nurburgring straight and the first Toscana track but I wasn't sure whether or not the other person would know what I was doing.

Well then I'll confirm that I'm ok with it as long as it stops before the braking zone starts (which would be earlier when bump drafting since we're going faster :) )

Yeah it was. I think bump drafting could have been quite beneficial to me in the last few races on the Nurburgring straight and the first Toscana track but I wasn't sure whether or not the other person would know what I was doing.
Well then I'll confirm that I'm ok with it as long as it stops before the braking zone starts (which would be earlier when bump drafting since we're going faster :) )

Yes, this is exactly the sort of thing I think is helpful. When people mention what they think about it.

I'm much of the same mind...
I'm good with it as long as it stops prudently before any possible braking zone.

And I don't do it if I have any idea that it might be misunderstood or disruptive to the person in front of me.

For example, I now know that TyrrellRacing would possibly welcome this, whereas a week ago, before he mentioned this, I would have assumed he didn't, erring on the side of caution.

And of course I always try to err on the side of caution, and not do it anywhere near a brake point.

I'd like to try this, if you'll have me. Love the car and have always wanted to race it.

I assume I'll have to add VCRC and jackargent to PSN friends in order to see the custom tracks...?

I'd like to try this, if you'll have me. Love the car and have always wanted to race it.

I assume I'll have to add VCRC and jackargent to PSN friends in order to see the custom tracks...?

Yes and Yes! :D

And while I've got everybody's attention... Wondering if there's any other vintage cars people have always wanted to race, but haven't had the chance?

This is a list of vintage cars, including highlighted (green) ones we've already raced at some point in the past. (Not that I'm completely opposed to repeating cars, of course. But I would like to race as many different cars as possible.)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1412

Last edited:
And while I've got everybody's attention... Wondering if there's any other vintage cars people have always wanted to race, but haven't had the chance?

This is a list of vintage cars, including highlighted (green) ones we've already raced at some point in the past. (Not that I'm completely opposed to repeating cars, of course. But I would like to race as many different cars as possible.)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1412

Of course! The Spy Who Loved Me? Lotus Esprit Turbo HC ‘87...

Or one of the early Corvettes (C1, C2). Although you'd need tracks without straights so as not to run into the limiter... :sly:

Of course! The Spy Who Loved Me? Lotus Esprit Turbo HC &#8216;87...

Or one of the early Corvettes (C1, C2). Although you'd need tracks without straights so as not to run into the limiter... :sly:

Ooh... in thinking of the Esprit, I found 2 mistakes in my car list.
We had an event just under a year ago with the Esprit & Ballade, and the Ballade was missing from my list, and the Esprit was not marked as raced.
Though as it happens, I recall this event well because I never got to race the Esprit. (Our cat died that week & I was obviously too upset to race.)

As for the limiter... I have heard of using the power limiter to counter-act the rev limiter problem in tuning prohibited cars.
I have no idea if it will work in those cars, but it's worth a test I think.

I'm also thinking of another Nurb event like the ones we had in the past, 2-make events. But this one with German Superminis (Audi A2 and Merc A 160 Avantgarde).
Similar to these:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=247346
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=249862

You know what? I'm pretty slow at Suzuka.. It might be one of my favourite tracks but man I'm slow there.. Think I did a 2:45-2:46 something so a bit off.

I stink at Suzuka. 2:46 looks good to me! :nervous:
I think I saw 3:46 as the best time on Targa Florio... and that wasn't me. I'm almost positive my best there was a low 38.

And not that I'm any wonder driver at the Hellhole.
Of course I find myself distracted every lap by the grass poking through the curbing on this one left turn...

20130227toyota67-1.jpg

Of course, perhaps I really shouldn't be aiming for it? I don't know. I don't even trust the driving line aid on this track, never mind. :lol: :boggled:

20130227toyota67-2.jpg

I don't have the patience to hotlap tracks with this car, but did get a 11.6 at Eifel. And yes, I spotted the patch of grass too.

That's good, part of the fun about these races are that you don't have to practise like a mad man. Like you would in other series. :P I haven't even touched the targa track so that will be all new for me tonight, that's what's so exciting about these custom tracks, that you don't know them as much.

That's good, part of the fun about these races are that you don't have to practise like a mad man. Like you would in other series. :P I haven't even touched the targa track so that will be all new for me tonight, that's what's so exciting about these custom tracks, that you don't know them as much.

I drove it yesterday for the first time, and it seems like endless succession of 2nd gear corners, half of them blind so you don't know just how fast you can go in, so you end up losing loads of time as long as you don't know it. And because it's so long, it takes a while until you remember the traps. I think I was 10 seconds slower than the fastest time yesterday. :scared:

Yeah those tracks will really take some time to get right if you want to practise at them but if you do you will be soo far ahead those that don't.. but i don't know.. don't feel like practising too much in the vcrc :P It's kind of against our tradition. ^^

Got scheduled to work at the last minute, cannot make it today have a good time.

@ aceboy127! Sorry you can't make it :(

I don't know if that patch of grass is slippery because I don't think I've ever driven over it. I'm not even sure if I should be trying or not. :boggled:
But I think it's hard to miss because it's right there at that corner, where you're looking to drive toward.

I think I've practiced more in this car than most cars we've ever raced.

It would be difficult to memorize Targa Florio 2, since it's long & complex. Even knowing it a little (we've raced it a few times before), I still make mistakes and rarely get through a lap without errors somewhere.
It is better to err on the side of patience in parts of that track!

But yes, I think it makes things more interesting... to have fairly unfamiliar tracks. Not just tracks everyone's driven 500+ times before.

Well I just got to know Targa Florio better, did a 3'48.2 at best but there continues to be massive room for improvement. It's just too hard to hotlap a track like that, good thing we only have quali for that Hellhole race. :crazy:

And my driving line doesn't go over the curb with grass on it (just telling) so for me, that won't be a problem unless I'm on the outside of someone who uses it and slips on the grass and takes me out. :P

And my driving line doesn't go over the curb with grass on it (just telling) so for me, that won't be a problem unless I'm on the outside of someone who uses it and slips on the grass and takes me out. :P

:lol:

Turbonato just asked if Hellhole is "too wide" and needed narrowing. :lol: I said NO NO!! :scared:

I need all the room I can get there!! :lol: :guilty: :nervous:

Back