Vintage & Later Model 2 Speed Traffic-Honda s500 & s2000- wins - Cobrius & Aceboy127!

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
Vintage & Later Model 2 Speed Traffic Low HP Racing

Hondas @ Autumn Ring

Complete - Results below

20110807s500s2000hondas08s.jpg

The idea is to have vintage model & later model cars, each racing at different speeds in the same race.
See Race #1 results here: Vintage & Later Model 2-Speed Traffic - Civics @ Deep Forest

Race #2 scheduled for:
11 August Thursday
8:30pm CET / 7:30pm BST/GMT+1 / 2:30pm US EDT / 11:30am US PDT

This is posted in the GTP Calendar - click to see your time zone!

Race #2 cars:

Vintage Model: Honda S500 '63 (maxed / no aero / sports medium tires)
Later Model: Honda S2000 '06 (450pp / sports medium tires)

The s2000 is available in the premium dealership.
If you would like to race the s500, but don't have this car, just ask, and someone will send one!

Race #2 track:

36 laps @ Autumn Ring (1.83 miles)

Settings/Restrictions/Rules:

Track Grip: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel: On
Damage: Heavy
Aids: all aids off, except ABS & driving line
Grid Start: Fastest first
Penalty: OFF (to prevent ghosting of lapped cars)
Rules: Adherance to GTP OLR rules, with potential post-race penalties for contact incidents or flouting of the rules
Pit Stops: 1 mandatory pit stop (also required if tire wear/damage is causing car to be reckless on the track)
Event Duration: plan for approximately 2 hours of time, including vision check, warm-up, qualifying, and racing
Race Length: races will be approximately 45 to 60 minutes in duration
Car choices: aiming for an equal number of each car, and the host (me) will be waiting to make final car choice based on that, if necessary

Experience Level: varied - all welcome
All clean fair drivers are welcome to race with us!
If you like the cars, in this race format... join the fun!
It doesn't matter if you're super fast & people think you're a human driving machine sent from the future... or if you drive like you've got grandma in the car. We're just looking to fill the grid & have some 2-speed traffic fun with some of the less obvious road cars.
If you have trouble attaining the car needed, speak up, and someone will send you one.
If you need tips on tuning, just ask, someone will likely be able to point you in the right direction.
Pre-race group practices are good! Just post on this thread if you would like company practicing.

Stewardship: GTP OLR rules will be adhered to by all participants, and all participants are expected to understand and follow those rules, or ask for clarification in the event of any confusion. Race incidents should be reported to the host, privately, and never posted on the public forum. Basically, we're here to have fun. Accidents happen, a bump or scrape happens with the cleanest of drivers at times. But if we were interested in crashing as a driving style, we would be in pub lobbies with boost on high, going bang bang!... instead of taking the time to organize & plan races here on the forum together! :embarrassed:) So we all will be expected to adhere to the same rules, so that we may all enjoy fair racing.

Race procedure:
Races will be held in Lounge of host: PSN: wat3rm370n
(With the exception to move to lobby with fixed host status in the event of any car invisibility not being solved in the lounge)
Mics will be disabled, in order to improve chances for connection stability for all.
Please clear cache & reboot before joining lounge for race.
Participants are to arrive at the scheduled time.
(The scheduled time is not race start time, but required arrival time, for vision check. Lounge may be open earlier for practice laps.)

First there will be a vision check. (And warm-up period.)
Steps to solve any car visibility problems will be taken during the Vision Check period.
Before the start of qualifying, track will be reset.

No one will leave the track once they enter. If you attain damage during qualifying laps, you should enter the pit as you would in a race to repair it.
Do not hit exit.
Qualifying will last approximately 15 minutes.
Then race will start.​

Future races will be planned around flexible scheduling in attempt to accommodate the host (me), & those who are interested, because my schedule is likely to change.
You need not participate in each & every individual race to get involved.
Future car pairs & tracks will be chosen from the list here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5569793#post5569793

Registry:
Please include:
GTP name / PSN name / car model / colour

* watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / s500 / willow green
* cc570 / cc570 / s500 / TBD
* jackargent / jackargent / s500 / raspberry red pearl
* ID_racing / ID_racing / s2000 / matte yellow
* akmuq / GTP_akmuq / s2000 / TBD
* si_berian_tiger / si_berian_tiger / s2000 / New Formula Red / Black
* aceboy127 / aceboy127 / s500 / tonic blue metallic
* Carbonox / Carbonox / s2000 / TBD
* Cobrius / Cobrius / s2000 / matte light red
* frankygt-r / aokiji85 / s500 / TBD
* jammyburton / jammyburton88 / s2000 / red

Organized in the Vintage Car Race Club
You need not be a member to participate in this race.

Last edited:
RESULTS - pending reviews

Vintage Model - s500

1.) aceboy127 / aceboy127 / s500 / tonic blue metallic
2.) cc570 / cc570 / s500 / tbd
3.) jackargent / jackargent / s500 / raspberry red pearl

Later Model - s2000

1.) Cobrius / Cobrius / s2000 / matte light red
2.) ID_racing / ID_racing / s2000 / matte yellow
3.) si_berian_tiger / si_berian_tiger / s2000 / new formula red
4.) watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / s2000 / reflex spice

Last edited:
(I counted I have 10 s500s. Yes I need help.:) )

Wow - so nobody will be left out because they can't get the car for this race!
Premium new model... And a stockpile of vintage models in your garage!!

I don't have 10... But I think if I counted up all my s500s, s600s, & s800s, I probably have around 10 altogether. Probably just 2 or 3 of the s500.
Sadly, it was not included in the recent OCD that's chock full of vintage cars!

Put me down for the oldie. Autumn ring...hmm ...guess I'm heading for a fall! I also have a number of these wee cars so we're all sad.

Seems like everyones going for the oldie! Sign me up..with a certain degree of car choosing flexibilty

Man I love that S2000. Later for me please.:)

ID_Racing, you won't be ahead of me this time....:sly:

Man I love that S2000. Later for me please.:)

ID_Racing, you won't be ahead of me this time....:sly:

Wooops!! that sounds like a challenge...sign me up for the S2000..pronto! ;)

Question for the racing-commitee: If I understand the specs correctly, it's allowed to use aero-parts on the S2000?

Last edited:
Wooops!! that sounds like a challenge...sign me up for the S2000..pronto! ;)

:lol:
oooh the competitive begins! :D

Question for the racing-commitee: If I understand the specs correctly, it's allowed to use aero-parts on the S2000?

Yeah I decided to go that route. No aero on the s500 (though I'm not even sure if you can put aero on the s500?)

But since I set the s2000 at a 450pp restriction - what the heck. You may as well be able to spend that 450pp in any way you wish.

I know for myself, I have another s2000 model that definitely benefited from a wing at 450pp. But that's me, I don't know if others would think that it would take too much away from their hp/kg upgrades in PP. (I'm not the best driver, and I'm not the most savvy about PP tuning. So don't listen to me about how to tune the s2000 to 450pp. lol)

I mainly went with PP restriction, mostly because there will be no need to set different restrictions at all - all cars can enter together under same restriction. (Though I may send out the newer models 1st, so they won't have to pass the vintage models while qualifying.) Otherwise, I would've had to send the newer models out 1st & then take away restrictions. Much easier if that's not necessary at all. :) (As was the case in the WSCC RM Capp & GT300 race - just one restriction for the faster car.)

But since I set the s2000 at a 450pp restriction - what the heck. You may as well be able to spend that 450pp in any way you wish.

Its gonna be interesting to build this car. Other (tuner) S2000´s in that PP area in the game, is Kazunori Yamauchis own S2000 custom built by Opera Performance (485PP) the Amuse Street Version '04 (440PP) and the Spoon S2000 '00 version (448PP).

Gonna be fun to match this one to these cars performance. Aero or not!

PS: Havent decided on an intimidating colour yet.

Last edited:
aceboy127/aceboy127/s500/TBD

May I have a s500 cc.

Would seem that I'm all set for this event as I've got the S2000 (it's fully modded because it was meant to be used in another series, but never made it because it was too slow for that) so I just need to take off parts and I'm ready to go :)

Welcome!

Competition still heated up I see... :D

And somebody give me some ballpark lap times for the s2000 on Autumn Ring. I'm very wary of setting the laps for the race, for timing, based on my lap times. :eek:

And somebody give me some ballpark lap times for the s2000 on Autumn Ring. I'm very wary of setting the laps for the race, for timing, based on my lap times. :eek:

jeeeezzz..this ones gonna be a heated up race..and I havent even considered buying the car yet!! :scared: :lol:

Really gonna need an intimidating colour this time..

Hey, wait a moment... this'll be on top of another race event I'm doing, so I can't make it at least this time 👎

Ah! Has anyone been kicking around these cars much yet?
Hoping to take some practice races or whatnot with some others sometime soon.
But pesky real life has been pesky lately. ;)

@Carbonox, I hope you can join in another time, these races are very enjoyable and well organized.

@watermelon, I´m putting together a car today, its going to be interesting to juggle these PP´s! So Ill be keeping an eye on those practice races.

Yeah, I'm sorry but right now it seems that every day between Thursday and Monday is taken over by another race series, although fortunately not all of them are even going to begin yet, so I'll be able to make it someday, I know it...

It will be 36 laps at Autumn Ring.
Should make the race somewhere between 45 to 60 minutes.

And boy do I have my work cut out for me. LOL :eek:

20110807s500s2000hondas03s.jpg

i d like to race in this but i still dont know if i ll be at work for thusday. if i ll be at home i ll join with the s500:) p.s. do you tried my s2000 wmp?

Sorry I haven't done any laps Watermelon. Will get some practice done tomorrow.👍

S2000 people, what times are you doing?

Sorry I haven't done any laps Watermelon. Will get some practice done tomorrow.👍

S2000 people, what times are you doing?

Since when has that been a reason to be sorry? :P

One day I shall beat akmuq in his own game... the Calsonic Cup's (;))sequel comes up this Thursday if you're wondering what exactly is keeping me.

Back