Volkswagen Golf GTI Cup - Next: May 4. New drivers are welcome!

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 238 comments
Haha the prodigy is hilarious with his quadruple messages. :) Welcome to the forum prod and please learn how to use the edit feature. ;)

Anyway, I might be able to make next race.. if i'm not all clogged up with homework all weekend.

98 laps :embarrassed: should be fun, if my internet doesn't die on me again lol.

Personally, I don't think the course should be announced so soon. A few days before the race would be best I think, it could help people who aren't so good at tuning so that those who are good at it, don't have soo much time to perfect their tune for the track.

Haha the prodigy is hilarious with his quadruple messages. :) Welcome to the forum prod and please learn how to use the edit feature. ;)

That's some good advice 👍 My edit button works pretty well so just like that 8 becomes 2 ;)

It be nice to the new guy day though so he's only sentenced to 2 laps of the Ring in the VW bus as punishment.

That's some good advice 👍 My edit button works pretty well so just like that 8 becomes 2 ;)

You're the hero of the day, sir :)

I'll put you up on the list, Phouchg, so you have a reserved spot. If you can't make it then that's fine.

Personally, I don't think the course should be announced so soon. A few days before the race would be best I think, it could help people who aren't so good at tuning so that those who are good at it, don't have soo much time to perfect their tune for the track.

From my experience these cars are very close in performance regardless of tuning (within reasonable limits of course). With high levels of grip and relatively low powered engine there's not much you can do with tuning to increase performance. It's basically only transmission and downforce settings that matters. Also, someone that is good at tuning knows pretty well how to adjust a car to a specific track and doesn't need much time for testing. Someone who rarely tunes a car will need more time for testing, so announcing the track well in advance would benefit the tuning amateur more than the tuning expert.

I also think that it's important that everyone gets a chance to practice before the race. Since we're running with heavy damage I want everyone to know what they're doing on race day :)

Last edited:
good afternoon, please, have to broken in car to race this event ? other thing, day 16th it will be on sunday not saturday.. what day exacly the race beggins ? last doubt, my power unit it setted HORSE POWER, have u got a site, thats converts BHP to HP? thank you !

good afternoon, please, have to broken in car to race this event ? other thing, day 16th it will be on sunday not saturday.. what day exacly the race beggins ? last doubt, my power unit it setted HORSE POWER, have u got a site, thats converts BHP to HP? thank you !

Don't know about the broken in car but it doesn't hurt to have a broken in car. And yes it's saturday the 16th, the 16th is saturday. I think HP is the same as BHP in GT5.

You don't need to break in the car, all you need is to stay within the limits of 226 bhp at the time of the race start. I think it's the same in hp, it won't differ a lot anyway. We'll see on Saturday, you'll have time to adjust your settings in the lobby if needed.

16th of February is a Saturday, because I have a concert on the 17th and I know for sure that it's on a Sunday ;)

Eran, are you going to add me as your friend so i cant get inside the room on saturday ? thanks !

Yep, I will send a friend request to everyone who has signed up. Probably on Friday and then if someone signs up after that on Saturday before the race as well.

i want to participate agneljr / car 75

Great, I'll add you to the list! Welcome :)

im in as well although i have NAT3 and can only take part in races hosted by someone in person, entering the numbers just tells me i cant connect to 'x' server :( dunno why that is.

so if it is taking place in someone's private lobby (drinking coffee together in someone's "house" :)' then i'm def. in, i'm gonna go RM my Golf right now and tell You the color and #.

edit - color: white - number: 1.

edit2: ok, my car is set up to the rules. 226bhp/980kg/racing hard tires or less.

now if only someone would add me to their friends list - ESTyler.

Last edited:
The race will take part in my private lobby, I'll send you a friend request on Friday!

There's quite a lot of drivers now, this race is going to be interesting :)

Some general advice:

Make sure to keep the distance to the car in front of you for the first few laps, we are racing 98 laps (200 kms) so everyone can afford to wait with the overtakes until there is a clear opportunity. It would be sad to crash on the first lap.

When getting lapped by another driver, move to the right side of the road when you have the chance and let the lapping driver pass you on the left side. The same thing applies if your car gets damaged and you're moving slower than the rest of the field.

If you go off track, wait to rejoin until you have a clear gap.

If you think you caused an incident, do not stop and wait for the other driver, instead go straight to the pit and take a 20 second penalty (this is done by pressing start button while in the pit lane, when your pit crew has stopped working on your car you wait 20 seconds before selecting continue from the menu).

Pit entrance is on the back straight, no crossing over the grass.

we are racing Tsukuba? whoa, that or Laguna Seca ..or Nürburgring Nordschleife are 3 of my most driven tracks/favorite tracks. i have no problem riding 100 laps of tsukuba, ive done that in a day many of times, you see tsukuba is my 'test track' where i test every new car i get or every new setup i get for a car. ive began to use laguna seca too a little, but 99.8% its been tsukuba. laguna seca is saved for 2p split screen racing with friends. :dopey:

I usually test at Tsukuba as well, only negative thing is that it's characteristics is very specific. Not much elevation in that track. :)

thats why my second test track has always, since GT4, been Laguna Seca Raceway (corkscrew 'n' shizz :P)

It be nice to the new guy day though so he's only sentenced to 2 laps of the Ring in the VW bus as punishment.

lol 2 laps round the ring would be great (i luv the ring)

I don't know how much you'd like it after a ride in the Vdub round it ^^ wonder if it even makes the hills..

I want to race next saturday .

PSN - ID - Acidpankada car number 13 color green

ty
ps- what are ur best laps with hard tires gs? im making 1:02: 150 just to have an idea ...

That's great! If we get full we could probably still let a couple more sign up because some are bound to not show up.

That's great! If we get full we could probably still let a couple more sign up because some are bound to not show up.

Yep, when the list is full we can start on the reserve list.

What are the chances of rerunning the ring at some point if we keep getting full grids.

The chances are over 9000:1.

Even if we don't get full grids we're definitely going back to the ring again :)

Last edited:
hey guys if its ok id like 2 have a practice session today from 4:40 pm CST TIME if you want to join add me GTP_The_Prodigy

when will you add me because i am still waiting & WANT TO RACE THE DAY AWAY and i have an idea bout the next car that can be used the ATLEZZA TOURING car because it is now in online dealership

just a possible idea when this series is over:idea:

Back