Volkswagen Golf GTI Cup - Next: May 4. New drivers are welcome!

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 238 comments
when will you add me because i am still waiting & WANT TO RACE THE DAY AWAY and i have an idea bout the next car that can be used the ATLEZZA TOURING car because it is now in online dealership

just a possible idea when this series is over:idea:

I will add everyone tonight. đź‘Ť

The Altezza is a good car, but this series still have a long way to go so I'm afraid it will have to wait for a while :)

no way, 190E 2.5 16V EvoII first, then we start thinking about other touring cars.
you just have to grind a little bit more, to get one, but its worth it - promise :P

so if understand correctly, eran, You'll add us tonight and race will take place tomorrow?
or is it Monday, 18th?

anyway, theres nothing special about IS200/Altezza, MB W201 is legendary, esp the 190E 2.5 16 EVO2 and to add to that its a '92 touring car, doesnt get anymore special than that. Yes, its expensive, but most can afford it i think after a day or two, cars in the OCD dont change for a week (at least). i always remember ALL the OCD cars without even thinking cause i check every day and e very day their the same. i have the M3 GTR Race Car '01 already, also a FANTASTIC car to drive, for even a complete novice, it drives itself and not by throwing its back end either! Also 3400S '00 is a super car from the count there as is the CLK Touring Car, 00.

prodigy: do You drive a Lex IS200/300/Toyota Altezza in real life or is there some other secret reason why you'd make such an unexpected request/choice? :)

i dont get whats with having three Altezza's under Toyota (AS200'98/RS200'98/Gita AS300 '01) and then under Lexus the regular IS200? Also, Lexus has GS 300'00/GS 300 Vertex Edition (J)'00 with both being literally the same cars except BHP numbers (same as AS/RS Altezza's wtf is going on, and there was even a universal body IS200 somewhere here with a Toyota badge and a GS300 with a Toyota badge (Toyota Aristo, they have them Turbo'd and 4WD and all but this one was a copy of the usual GS300 with only FR and no real motor, a 3.0V6 only.

Last edited:
so if understand correctly, eran, You'll add us tonight and race will take place tomorrow?

That is correct. I'm at work now, then I have rehearsal with my orchestra until about 21.00 (concert on Sunday), should be home at about 22.00, I'll add everyone on the list then.

We race tomorrow (Saturday) at 18.00 (GMT), the lobby will open at 17.00, possibly a bit earlier. It will be in my private lounge.

Basically, if you're in the list you need not to worry about getting into the race, I will make sure to add everyone. All you need to take care of is to respond to my friends requests (when they arrive) and to be online at least five minutes before the race starts so you have time to join the lobby.

Edit: Let's keep this thread on topic, if you want lengthy discussions about cars other than the one we're racing here, please take them to another thread.

Last edited:
Pre-race checklist:

The race starts at 6 pm GMT. Make sure to log on to PSN and join my private lounge well in time for the start at 6 pm sharp.

If you for some reason can't make it in time, send me a message on PSN and we'll postpone the start for a maximum of five minutes.

The race will take place in my private lounge

I will start practicing in my lounge from around two hours before race start, feel free to join me if you want to.

If you want to reach me from now on until the race starts, your safest bet is to send me a message on PSN. I'm using the same internet connection for my computer and my PS3 so I can't go online on both at the same time.

Remember to play it cool in the start, it will be crowded and we're running 98 laps so you have plenty of time to wait with the overtakes until you have a good, clean opportunity.

Make sure to read the rules in post #3.

Are you gonna drive for 4 hours on Tsukuba today? crazy swede ;) I'll probably be there about one hour ahead of the race.

Are you gonna drive for 4 hours on Tsukuba today? crazy swede ;) I'll probably be there about one hour ahead of the race.

Well, after playing Wagner at the opera for five hours today, driving at Tsukuba for four hours is a holiday :)

Besides, I won't drive the entire time, I will fine-tune my settings and answer a lot of questions during that time too.

Yep, really nice race! The second post has been updated with the scores.
Sorry you couldn't join Superstylin, but maybe next week?

Yeah really missed out this time I've got two young kids and only one pair of hands. A lot of wasted tuning and practicing. Anyone no the fastest lap so I can work out if I was competitive ?
Edit: sign me straight up for next time. I'll sell the kids if I have to. Can't have petosh winning again!!

I think the fastest lap was about 1:00.6 something? or was it even lower? don't remember.. I wasn't close to that.

Yep, fastest lap was around that. But the average lap time was probably somewhere around 1:02

1. PSN ID: LLGOOFYLL (llGooFyll)
2. Car number: 89
When's the next race that I can participate in? Thanks!

22 is available đź‘Ť

All I want to know now is what's next ?

NĂĽrburgring GP/D, 200 km, Saturday the 23rd, 4 pm GMT.

1. PSN ID: LLGOOFYLL (llGooFyll)
2. Car number: 89
When's the next race that I can participate in? Thanks!

89 is already taken so I'm afraid you will have to pick another number.
Next race is on Saturday the 23rd of February, 4 pm GMT.

goddamn, i couldnt get in because i was not added to the friends list
and i tried to add you two days in advance every day,andn othing

really sad i missed this on e, REALLY sad, Tsukuba ownzzzz

PSN: ESTyler
Car: White
Number: #1

edit:

OMG, im the dumbest mf i the world, apparently You DID accept my Friend Request and on the day and evening of the race even messaged me to hurry because the race was about to start. Thank You Eran! It is 101% my fault that I forgot it was that time,I would've been there like 3secs. I am truly sorry for being so dumb, i dunno how i missed Your message too, maybe the ps3 was on and I was half nodding asleep/maybe i was eating at that moment.Was I online AND playing GT5 or just online?if GT5 was working then I was either playing or taking a 10minute break or something, cant still believe I couldnt pick up TWO of Your messages.
Thank You for being such a gentleman and noticing me TWICE (once on 20:01) to get my ass in gear and get to the the f lobby.

I apologize and promise if I sign up for the next event then that wont happen, period. I will be there 15min early.

Last edited:
Back