Volkswagen Golf GTI Cup - Next: May 4. New drivers are welcome!

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 238 comments
Hi Eran ,
is there any chance to join the race this evening ? i´d like to drive with people who take it serious and race fair . I´m driving with clutch and H-pattern shifter so i would be not that fast ;-) also i´m not much used to ABS0 but i think i can handle it .
its so difficult to find a lobby not full of mario kart drivers .
PSN ID : KingKlingeling
Car : Golf IV RM
Number : 32
Colour : White
Rims : Lime green

Regards, Matthias

Hi Eran ,
is there any chance to join the race this evening ? i´d like to drive with people who take it serious and race fair . I´m driving with clutch and H-pattern shifter so i would be not that fast ;-) also i´m not much used to ABS0 but i think i can handle it .
its so difficult to find a lobby not full of mario kart drivers .
PSN ID : KingKlingeling
Car : Golf IV RM
Number : 32
Colour : White
Rims : Lime green

Regards, Matthias

Awesome, you're welcome Matthias! Add me on PSN: eran0004.

About the no ABS: It's important to set the brake balance properly. If you have too much brake force in the rear, they will lock and you'll spin around. I use a brake balance of 3 front and 1 rear, that may be a good setting to start from, and then adjust as you see fit.

Great , i'm using abs0 sometimes but Not The whole Time , so i know about brake bias ! Are there Information bout the Track ?
You Said max power is 226 BHP my calculator gave me 168,53 kW , i round it Up on 169 kW if its okay ?
Regards , Matthias

I'm sorry, I think I'll have to retire from the season. I can almost guarantee I will be back when I get some time.

I´m racing today too (really looking forward to it 👍).

@KingKlingeling: Set your system language to English and you don´t have the convert problems (kW to bhp) because you have the bhp as your power-unit ;) (I did that ;))

@kingsakery : thanks maid , dont realized that option before !

Am i right when think that all of you use a wheel ?! Feels bit funny when think about guys chilling on the Couch with a ds3 while im sitting in a sim rig with seatbelt on :-)

@kingsakery : thanks maid , dont realized that option before !

Am i right when think that all of you use a wheel ?! Feels bit funny when think about guys chilling on the Couch with a ds3 while im sitting in a sim rig with seatbelt on :-)

Well, I'm using a wheel and I'm driving in cockpit view, if that makes you feel better ;)

I'm sorry, I think I'll have to retire from the season. I can almost guarantee I will be back when I get some time.

Alright, welcome back when you have the time!

Hello guys. Just wanted go give a quick heads up regarding tonight. I'll be there, but possible only for a 2-3 races.

...and here is the score for tonight:

eran0004, 24 pts
Psyde, 20 pts
KingKlingeling, 11 pts
Sakery, 3 pts

And the total score is:

1 / #89 eran0004 / 152 pts
2 / #27 Psyde / 134 pts
3 / #2 Petosh / 117 pts
4 / #99 bigtiff82 / 97 pts
5 / #19 xNikodemusx / 56 pts
6 / #7 GCarneiroBR / 37 pts
7 / #44 Sakery / 26 pts
8 / #13* Acidpankada / 24 pts
8 / #13 Cosworth-1986 / 24 pts
10 / #67 ameer67 / 21 pts
11 / #22 Ya-Shoe / 20 pts
12 / #85 Volcano_Ghost / 19 pts
13 / #32 KingKlingeling / 11 pts
14 / #88 Diplomatti / 5 pts
14 / #9 lucasgionedis / 5 pts
16 / #1 Mr_Red-Beef / 2 pts

Next Saturday the race starts at 4 PM GMT.

Last edited:
Was a pretty good and clean race . For me the First two rounds though . Looking forward to the next week , if you know which tracks are favoured , let me know .

Was a pretty good and clean race . For me the First two rounds though . Looking forward to the next week , if you know which tracks are favoured , let me know .

Well, it's probably going to be Nordschleife again. And if we've got the time a few laps around Spa. If you're interested in running another track, let me know and we can probably squeeze it in somewhere :)

I enjoyed yesterdays racing, going bumper to bumper is always fun. No crashes either for the first race even though it was close racing.

I enjoyed yesterdays racing, going bumper to bumper is always fun. No crashes either for the first race even though it was close racing.

Yep! The biggest mistake was probably my "brake failure" in the start of the first heat :embarrassed:

If eran's always the Host , there was no race yesterday . I used the Time for shuffle races but was Not that Fun .

Yeah, no race last Saturday. I was the only one in the lobby :P
Anyone up for some racing this Saturday?

Btw, I've started to develop my own driving game. So far it has weird physics (because any attempts to work with the physics engine ends up with the car being catapulted into outer space), night driving (because too lazy for textures) and a siren (because awesome!). I'm sure this is how Kazunori Yamauchi started long time ago ;)

skrmavbild20130419kl001.png

I can't begin to imagine what's involved in that eran. As we say around these parts Fair Play Min

Sorry I've missed a few. I'm only free to race when my kids mother takes my boys for the weekend (so not very often better not get into that) anyway I'm 100% in for tomorrow.

If you guys are racing tomorrow I might tag along.

PSN: GTP_PaulMac
Car Number: #77
Car Colour: Dark Blue

The scores from yesterday:

bigtiff82 / 18 points
eran0004 / 18 points

Next week there will be no event, because I'll be out of town. So next race should be on Star Wars day (May the Fourth be with you). To celebrate this we'll engage the warp speed button and raise the BHP limit by 50 to 276 BHP.

The scores from yesterday:

bigtiff82 / 18 points
eran0004 / 18 points

Next week there will be no event, because I'll be out of town. So next race should be on Star Wars day (May the Fourth be with you). To celebrate this we'll engage the warp speed button and raise the BHP limit by 50 to 276 BHP.

Me and my pit crew are ready.

1330356994_dark%20side%20racing%20white%204-full-preview.jpg

Back