Volkswagen Golf GTI Cup - Next: May 4. New drivers are welcome!

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 238 comments
I think that a normal rate will be interesting too, since this race is only 100 km you can go for a 1-stop strategy and slightly higher pace, or a no-stop strategy and back off a bit. The race may also be closer with the wear on normal rate, as the field generally split up on pit stops. This track is more about technique than drafting though, so it may not be true in this case... What do you think?

I'll leave it to you. You are Birnie Ecclestone!!

Bad news guys. I can't compete tommorow. I have family coming and I won't be able to race. I've been testing this whole week. Kind of a waste. More experiance though. Hopefully I can make the rest.

Alright, sorry to hear that. I'll strike your name.

Tyre wear will be normal. I did some racing yesterday with it set to fast, and it's simply too fast I think.

Bad news guys. I can't compete tommorow. I have family coming and I won't be able to race. I've been testing this whole week. Kind of a waste. More experiance though. Hopefully I can make the rest.

What kind of lap times were you running ?

I'll open the lobby now. It's in my private lounge.
Race start is in one hour and 50 minutes.

I won't be able to check the forum until after the race, so if anyone got any questions or want to join, send me a message on PSN :)

Holy F it's lucky you were not racing, you'd destroy us at the first lap! I was doing mid 46(as best time) at pre-race and even worse when racing.

:( It was my favorite track of GT5 too. Well, better start getting ready for the next event. Any clues on what's next? Oh and what were the results?

:( It was my favorite track of GT5 too. Well, better start getting ready for the next event. Any clues on what's next? Oh and what were the results?

The results were:

1st: Psyde
2nd: eran0004
3rd: bigtiff82

Next race is a bit special, actually. Tune your cars for top speed and get your tactics ready, for next Saturday we go west!

eagle3f.png

(Yep, it's the speedway - not the road course!)

Last edited:
Did I mention that the cup is open for signing ups?

Old drivers, new driver, bold driver, screwdrivers... okay, not screwdrivers, but you get my point. Sign up folks!

I'm going to be a screw driver aswell, it's not that i dont like the races, the races are unbelievebly fun, its that I despise daytona(non-road course) with a passion. Sorry.

Sounds like you have some nascar haters here ;) just kiddin.. don't think i'll make this race either.. you know, stuf on the telly.. :P

Two words for u "THE RING"

I'd be up for the ring again :) How many vote for this?

The forest of the deep.

And Deep Forest would be nice too (one green hell to another?). Any votes for this?

This still open for sign ups? Id be interested in doing some real racing for once

Yep. Basically, the way this works is that you sign up for every individual race you want to join. This Saturday (today, if you read this tomorrow) is cancelled due to too few sign ups, but we'll race next Saturday again!

PSN ID: gtr3123
Car Number: 18
Car color: Black

Will be ready by Saturday >:D

Cool! Race cancelled this Saturday though, but if you want to sign up for next week I'll add you to the list :)

Honestly, il vote for deep forest for the next week, might aswell lock in The Ring, we should make it full weather change and time change.

Back