Volkswagen Golf GTI Cup - Next: May 4. New drivers are welcome!

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 238 comments
Sorry, had a busy week. I'll set up a room at 5 pm (GMT, as usual) and then we can start at 6 pm, if enough people turn up.

Nordschleife 200 km and rain?

Edit: No need to sign up, that was just too complicated. Since we're not going to be full grid anyways we might just as well take a more casual approach, all you need to do is to send me a friend request (if you're not friends with me yet) and then come to my private lounge before race start.

Last edited:
I'm confused because we are 1 hour ahead now because of the time change so I'm not sure if I should be there for 1 or 2

I'm sorry guys, I don't want one of my favourite series cancelled and I can always participate in the next one of these events even if its not on the nurb.. Sorry guys..

I'm sorry guys, I don't want one of my favourite series cancelled and I can always participate in the next one of these events even if its not on the nurb.. Sorry guys..

Don't worry about it, we'll see how many who turns up.

Don't worry about it, we'll see how many who turns up.

Man, it sucks though. Last time I couldn't make Côte d'Azur(favourite course) now the nurb(second favourite) I bet the next one I can't make will be deep forest and yea, you guessed it. My third favourite..:(

I missed it again dammit! Any chance there will be another go at the ring?

Sure, there's always a risk chance for that ;) If people are interested I wouldn't mind running the ring every week, it's one of my favorite tracks.

Anyone up for a race this Saturday?

Sure, there's always a risk chance for that ;) If people are interested I wouldn't mind running the ring every week, it's one of my favorite tracks.

Anyone up for a race this Saturday?

Funny you should say that. I run the ring online most nights. And I would be more than happy to run it every race day. I can't remember the last time I picked any other track.

Last edited:
I'm Okay with the ing every week but we should change up the track once a month or twice. Just to keep it fresh.

I´m interested to join you eran.

Hope you know still remember me (haven´t raced with VBR and you for a longer time though).

I do have a Q regarding the Car:
980kg and 226 bhp.
How do we get there ??
Could you max it and reduce the Power with the limiter ??
Or do the RM and don´t add anything else ?

PSN: Sakery
Number: 44

I have raced with ABS off before but I´m not that firm with it => I´ll be a bit more cautious.

I´m interested to join you eran.

Hope you know still remember me (haven´t raced with VBR and you for a longer time though).

I do have a Q regarding the Car:
980kg and 226 bhp.
How do we get there ??
Could you max it and reduce the Power with the limiter ??
Or do the RM and don´t add anything else ?

PSN: Sakery
Number: 44

I have raced with ABS off before but I´m not that firm with it => I´ll be a bit more cautious.

Hello I race most weeks . Just to answer your question you can tune the car any way you want as long as it is 226bhp or less.
Look forward to racing with you

Hey guys, I had a long meeting at my job that got much longer than planned (5 hours instead of the planned 2). I'll open the lobby at 6.30 pm GMT and we can start at 7 pm.

Feel free to join!

Welcome Sakery!
Regarding ABS, as long as you set the brake balance it's not that hard. 3 front and 1 rear might be a good balance to start with, and then you experiment from there. The main point is to not have too much balance in the rear, or it may lose the balance during braking.

OMG! Again, because of set delay, I cannot make it:mad: HOPEFULLY next week will be good. Don't worry, it's not your fault. Just mad because it will be my 3rd missed race

OMG! Again, because of set delay, I cannot make it:mad: HOPEFULLY next week will be good. Don't worry, it's not your fault. Just mad because it will be my 3rd missed race

Sorry to hear that, I was really looking foward to see you in the side mirror race as I know you are a very competent driver. :) :sly:

Last edited:

Next week it's Easter, so the next race will be in two weeks, April 6th at 7pm (GMT) 👍

Superb races, although we where a small group.

But that wasn´t hindering us doing great Motorsport !
Those 4 races where my races 5-8 without ABS => That I even won a Race was superb 👍
I do have some braking issues if the Brake-zone is downhill, has corners or has both :D
But I got allong with it after R1 (although I tested it before).
R1: 8 secs off after 3 laps at Nürb Nord --> great
R2: 3.5secs off after 3 laps --> even better
R3: Won with a few seconds to 2nd ---> Holly guacamole
R4 (at total darkness): Scary and I almost spun and finishing 3 seconds off was great too (2laps)

Was a great Day 👍
And the Car is insanly fast. You can achieve cornerspeeds that I wouldn´t have thought of. But after R1 I realized that at some Corners I lifted/braked too much.

I've updated the score. For events where we do many short heats instead of one long race, the score for each finish is divided by the number of heats (so in a race with 3 heats where you win one and place second on 2 you get [1st score]*(1/3)+[2nd score]*(2/3) and the sum is then rounded up to the nearest integer. The score is as usual determined from the grid size.

Here's the current standing as of March 23:

1 / #89 eran0004 / 128 pts
2 / #2 Petosh / 117 pts
3 / #27 Psyde / 114 pts
4 / #99 bigtiff82 / 97 pts
5 / #19 xNikodemusx / 56 pts
6 / #7 GCarneiroBR / 37 pts
7 / #13 Cosworth-1986 / 24 pts
7 / #13* Acidpankada / 24 pts
9 / #44 Sakery / 23 pts
10 / #67 ameer67 / 21 pts
11 / #22 Ya-Shoe / 20 pts
12 / #85 Volcano_Ghost / 19 pts
13 / #9 lucasgionedis / 5 pts
13 / #88 Diplomatti / 5 pts
15 / #1 Mr_Red-Beef / 2 pts

Superb races, although we where a small group.

But that wasn´t hindering us doing great Motorsport !
Those 4 races where my races 5-8 without ABS => That I even won a Race was superb 👍
I do have some braking issues if the Brake-zone is downhill, has corners or has both :D
But I got allong with it after R1 (although I tested it before).
R1: 8 secs off after 3 laps at Nürb Nord --> great
R2: 3.5secs off after 3 laps --> even better
R3: Won with a few seconds to 2nd ---> Holly guacamole
R4 (at total darkness): Scary and I almost spun and finishing 3 seconds off was great too (2laps)

Was a great Day 👍
And the Car is insanly fast. You can achieve cornerspeeds that I wouldn´t have thought of. But after R1 I realized that at some Corners I lifted/braked too much.

Yep, it was great! The cars are really fast considering they only got 226 BHP. And as we've seen they're really close in performance (1st to 4th within 8 seconds after 60 kilometers of racing is really good!). I also like the combination of a car that is relatively easy to drive and no ABS. You get some smoking tyres now and then, but you rarely crash and burn.

Yeah guys the racing on Saturday was amazing. Really close and really clean. I'm so used to racing in open lobbies I'd forgotten how much better it is when u can trust the guy behind you.

I just wish there was a Prize for most laps lead !

Back