Volkswagen Golf GTI Cup - Next: May 4. New drivers are welcome!

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 238 comments
Guys, don't sign up if you can't show. Some of you aren't showing for the first time but the people that just signed up and aren't here are annoying.

After a tight fought battle (well for the first half anyway) here are the results.

After 35 laps of nurburgring GP/D :

1st: Psyde
2nd: Ya-Shoe
3rd: bigtiff82

Eran0004 will up date the standings when he can.

PICTURES OF THE RACE: NURBURGRING GP/D
nrburgringgpdp.jpg

This is how most of the 1st half of the race played out. Side by side action with everyone.
nrburgringgpd1c.jpg

1st corner
nrburgringgpd2t.jpg

Looks like a train perfectly on the racing line
nrburgringgpd3.jpg

Battle for 1st
nrburgringgpd4y.jpg

Crossing the 3rd lap of the race
nrburgringgpd5.jpg

Cool shot of the Camber angles.
nrburgringgpd6.jpg

Switching Spots
nrburgringgpd7c.jpg

Getting near the first pit stops
nrburgringgpd8.jpg

Change of positions
nrburgringgpd9.jpg

Closest part of the race, everyone going full speed down the straight wanting to come out first
nrburgringgpd10.jpg

Definitely my favorite picture
nrburgringgpd11.jpg

Pit stops
nrburgringgpd12i.jpg

Going into the last turn of the last lap for victory
nrburgringgpd13.jpg

last lap aswell
nrburgringgpd14g.jpg

Well thanks guys, it was an awsome race. Didn't expect that much action in an endurance race with only 3 people but it was honestly more action packed then some of my 12 man races.

PICTURES OF THE RACE: NURBURGRING GP/D

Well thanks guys, it was an awsome race. Didn't expect that much action in an endurance race with only 3 people but it was honestly more action packed then some of my 12 man races.

Great pictures TheYaShoe! They really captured the intensity from the race. Amazing race really, considering there only were three drivers. I really hope you guys will take part in next weeks racing as last evening was the most fun I had for quite some time. :) Thanks for being great drivers Superstylin and TheYaShoe.

Now, I'd like to hear suggestions on what track would be a good fit for next week.

Last edited:
Great pictures TheYaShoe! They really captured the intensity from the race. Amazing race really, considering there only were three drivers. I really hope you guys will take part in next weeks racing as last evening was the most fun I had for quite some time. :) Thanks for being great drivers Superstylin and TheYaShoe.

Now, I'd like to hear suggestions on what track would be a good fit for next week.

Côte d'Azur?

After a tight fought battle (well for the first half anyway) here are the results.

After 35 laps of nurburgring GP/D :

1st: Psyde
2nd: Ya-Shoe
3rd: bigtiff82

Eran0004 will up date the standings when he can.

Here is the score:

1 Psyde, 24 pts
2 Ya-Shoe, 20 pts
3 bigtiff82, 17 pts

I'll update the total score in post #2.

Thank you for hosting, Superstylin!

I'm also voting for Côte d'Azur.

Last edited:
I would vote for Autumn Ring(not the mini version). Côte d'Azur is a good track, but it being rather tight with concrete walls might lead to a crash/damage fest.

Do you need to sign up for every individual race?

Yeah, just to get an idea of how many people we're expecting.

You don't need to have all the details that you submitted the first time though, it's enough to just say "I'll be there" or something.

Last edited:
Dam it doesn't take much to do damage round here with it set to heavy !!

Thank God it's not London, no pit there ;)

I guess it's a matter of balancing the risks - whoever can push it the most without going too far and crashing will be the winner.

going around in 50 all the time would probably be the safest method ;) Can't make it this week either by the way. Brother has birthday party, 30 years. ^^

Thank God it's not London, no pit there ;)

I guess it's a matter of balancing the risks - whoever can push it the most without going too far and crashing will be the winner.

Exactly !

Is it possible to increase the tyre wear? I think the hards last too long. Two pit stops in a race would be more interesting I think.

Is it possible to increase the tyre wear? I think the hards last too long. Two pit stops in a race would be more interesting I think.

I think that a normal rate will be interesting too, since this race is only 100 km you can go for a 1-stop strategy and slightly higher pace, or a no-stop strategy and back off a bit. The race may also be closer with the wear on normal rate, as the field generally split up on pit stops. This track is more about technique than drafting though, so it may not be true in this case... What do you think?

Back