W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll finalize my car choice tomorrow, but the civic looks tempting along with the Subaru.

One question, no BMW? Like one of the not m series cars would be radical! (this is like my new favorite word :P)

And my track vote: any not real track, I like all the fantasy tracks you have on the list.

Well anyways put me as a reserve until I get my Internet working. I'm not sure which car.

I'll finalize my car choice tomorrow, but the civic looks tempting along with the Subaru.

One question, no BMW? Like one of the not m series cars would be radical! (this is like my new favorite word :P)

And my track vote: any not real track, I like all the fantasy tracks you have on the list.

Understood!

Also, radical could be a more awesome word, if I didn't associate it, with radicalism. :(

If I choose the civic, would I have to be on your team?

I'm not THAT bad a teammate... :sly: Anyways, no, there are two teams allowed per car, and, more than one Civic allowed, as well. Pretty much all the Civics are fine by me... Just like all the first/second gen Lancers/WRX Stis.

I'm digging the civic, what are the tire rules?

Great test session today all! I'm happy to say that at least 3 more people are interested!

As for tires, please remember that you're going to use racing tires and that softs are recommended, since the hards are 10 seconds slower.

Therefore, especially during testing, softs are the main tire, if not the only competitive tire.

It was a solid session, it was cool to have a few series on the track at once!

The mini: is confusing to say the least! It can kinda keep up, but the front tires are fried faster than you can believe!

Civic: seems to be the pace, at least for what your going for. It may be tricky finding some cars that will work.

Solutions:

1. Just let all cars go, if they don't keep up... Oh well!

2. Spec as many cars as humanly possible!

3. Spec like 10-12 cars and let people choose (what you have now)

4. Have those cars have car specific regs. Like the mini would be maxed out, and be 50 kg lighter than the civic for example.

All ideas, I had lots of fun today! Would like to do it tomorrow!

I tried out the Volvo C30, a nice handling FWD car, as is the VW Scirocco. Also tried out the TVR Tamora. Thing handles nicely as well, and is better on tires, just a little slower though. So it'll even out.

freshseth83
I tried out the Volvo C30, a nice handling FWD car, as is the VW Scirocco. Also tried out the TVR Tamora. Thing handles nicely as well, and is better on tires, just a little slower though. So it'll even out.

I don't have school tomorrow, so I'm house bound all day :/

Is the volkswagen golf a eligible car? Thought I may give it a shot. I also think if you can get a decent amount of people, try to have a pre season test race! It doesn't even have to be a lot.

If I recall correctly races are Saturdays mid dayish?

I don't have school tomorrow, so I'm house bound all day :/

Is the volkswagen golf a eligible car? Thought I may give it a shot. I also think if you can get a decent amount of people, try to have a pre season test race! It doesn't even have to be a lot.

If I recall correctly races are Saturdays mid dayish?

Dates and times are undecided. The Golf IV & V are in, the Golf VI is too heavy, I think. Not sure, though, so test any Volkswagen hatchback you want!

Anyways, if anyone's interested, Seth or Polarbear, I could use another steward or official. Only if you have time/interest. :)

Also, Harrison, no one has any points yet. What're you talking about?

MrMelancholy15
Dates and times are undecided. The Golf IV & V are in, the Golf VI is too heavy, I think. Not sure, though, so test any Volkswagen hatchback you want!

Anyways, if anyone's interested, Seth or Polarbear, I could use another steward or official. Only if you have time/interest. :)

Also, Harrison, no one has any points yet. What're you talking about?

Ya they're both a skosh heavy :(

The mini is on pace at 1080-1090 kg (not sure if it could get a special treatment) I did a 1 lapper with the civic and the mini matched that at 1080kg, but I had to push wwwaaayyy hard! So maybe some more testing would help! I'm putting in gt5 now!

Ya they're both a skosh heavy :(

The mini is on pace at 1080-1090 kg (not sure if it could get a special treatment) I did a 1 lapper with the civic and the mini matched that at 1080kg, but I had to push wwwaaayyy hard! So maybe some more testing would help! I'm putting in gt5 now!

I actually ran it with 1059 kg., and I didn't have to push it TOO hard.

So, 1070-1090 isn't out of the question for the Mini Cooper '12.

Also, I see what you did there, "I'm putting in GT5 now," you say, while you take out the MW3. :irked:

MrMelancholy15
I actually ran it with 1059 kg., and I didn't have to push it TOO hard.

So, 1070-1090 isn't out of the question for the Mini Cooper '12.

Also, I see what you did there, "I'm putting in GT5 now," you say, while you take out the MW3. :irked:

I changed! Wanna test? Oh and the mini is '11... Just sayyyyinnn

MrMelancholy15
:rolleyes: my bad, I care oh-so-much about $5000 headlights... :irked:

I know! Would it have killed them to put a sweet race car? I wouldn't mind them releasing 3 car car packs if it made them more frequent :/

But should I open a room?

I know! Would it have killed them to put a sweet race car? I wouldn't mind them releasing 3 car car packs if it made them more frequent :/

But should I open a room?

My bob's running that $1,000,000/900,000 EXP race at the Nürburgring right now.

The slow fight for platinum continues :banghead:

I'll be getting online soon, but for alms. If no one is around there I'll practice with you guys. My bob beat it first race, just stay on hard tires, the rain stops and the track dries.

I'll be getting online soon, but for alms. If no one is around there I'll practice with you guys.

I'll just do what I normally do... test ITCCs while dodging LMPs. It's more fun than you think! You go ahead and run your crazy ALMS LMP, I'll run a Civic with 276 hp! 👍:dopey:

Guys, if the mini doesn't work... I'm going with the Peugeot 207 GTi '07!

And I opened a room:

1472-6118-3830-2745-3318

I'm not working today so I'll be there... Idk sorry mel

It's okay. You were doing well. Everyone was doing well. damuemogirl, polarbear345, freshseth83, harrison1476 and I, we all did good.

Our target times are around a 1:20 at Autumn Ring, and will gradually get tighter. They're currently 1:19.5-1:21.5. However, by the end of testing, the cars should all be around 1:20.3-7

If the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 is allowed, I want in with it. Sooooo nice around the corners just after the autumn RING. I don't car if I need to push the bhp to 200

Was testing more and I can run consistent 1:20xxx and can hit 1:19xxx occasionally. So I'm happy :)

Was testing more and I can run consistent 1:20xxx and can hit 1:19xxx occasionally. So I'm happy :)

If the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 is allowed, I want in with it. Sooooo nice around the corners just after the autumn RING. I don't car if I need to push the bhp to 200

Lol, damu, if you can do what Harrison's doing (1:20s) then the Mazda's in. I'm allowing it as a slight exception to the size rule. I'll entrust you to find what HP/Weight gets you closest to 1:20.5 as long as you tell me once you find it. ;)

In saying that, congrats Harrison.

Lol, damu, if you can do what Harrison's doing (1:20s) then the Mazda's in. I'm allowing it as a slight exception to the size rule. I'll entrust you to find what HP/Weight gets you closest to 1:20.5 as long as you tell me once you find it. ;)

In saying that, congrats Harrison.

Hmm, don't know what's harder. Getting the Lancia tuned up to 1:20.5 or the RX-7 down to the same time. Also about the courses, why were none of the night races mentioned (SS route)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back