W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I got a room up!

Wait... Had to buy weight for the Volvo...

I'm trying out my freshly painted mini (was supposed to be red but it looks orange -.-) and the Volvo!

And new number is...

1472-6118-4216-8216-2099

Track is Madrid reverse!

Last edited:
I'd like to sign up. There are a couple of cars that I would like to run. Mostly because I've had these cars in real life. Let me know which ones are likely out of the question and I can start tuning. Here is my list in the order I would want to race with the most.

Dodge - SRT4
Subaru - WRX 2005 not sure which version in game but the one with 2005 headlights.
Acura - RSX Type S
Honda - Civic Type R hatchback version
Infiniti - G37 (I have a G35 but its not in the game)

I'm really liking this series format. Most of the series on here are for cars that I will most likely never own. This one gives me a lot of nostalgia.

One last thing. What tracks are you guys testing on?

Yeah OP looks great đź‘Ť should maybe have a drivers list, and a steward list too

Good idea Harrison! :)

FH, welcome man. Yeah, I'll test the Civic Type R hatches, Dodge SRT4, Acura RSX Type-S and Subaru WRX '05. I'm sorry that the Infiniti is somewhat heavy for the series, because most cars that run above 1450 kg. of weight don't quite get down below 1100 kg. But, I could test it and see.

But, you see, good ideas FH.

The second post was reserved for track listing/voting and points. You'll notice that I haven't set a finalized series schedule yet. This is because I encourage voting from the tracks listed in second post.

Yeah, a list of already registered drivers would be nice. Also so people can see the names of teams to join

And,stewards would be easy considering you already know who they all are

I dont mean to keep piling on your list of things to do. But I just remembered one of my very first cars that I was tuning and for some reason it got put on the back burner. I cant remeber the exact name and model, but it looks like the first gen acura tsx. Only its not, I believe its called the Euro accord type r :confused:. Anyway, its obviously a four door front wheel drive. I figure it would be some good competition against your Civic if anyone wants to try it out.

I dont mean to keep piling on your list of things to do. But I just remembered one of my very first cars that I was tuning and for some reason it got put on the back burner. I cant remeber the exact name and model, but it looks like the first gen acura tsx. Only its not, I believe its called the Euro accord type r :confused:. Anyway, its obviously a four door front wheel drive. I figure it would be some good competition against your Civic if anyone wants to try it out.

Indeed, I just tuned it yesterday. It's at 276 hp and 1100 kg., and I'm adding it to the car list soon. :)

picture.php

LOOKS LIKE ME!!!

I guess they've always done that!

It might be photoshopped. Oh well. If you went pretty soft on the front springs, and stiff on the rear anti-roll bars, it'd be fine, I think. It's not just when you're on the throttle. It's also when you're entering the corner. Try a higher rear brake balance, stiffer rear springs, and a very stiff rear-anti roll bar.

So far as I know, that's what makes this car (the Ford Focus ST (Top Gear video)) turn.

In that video, at 4:04, that's the ideal way to turn an FF car.

And this is what your Cooper's currently doing: Catastrophic understeer

Believe me, too, this catastrophic understeer will cost you three seconds. In my first Autocross runs, I was turning a bit too much. Each time I'd notice a little less understeer by turning less. Since we're not allowed to upgrade the car in any way, in H-stock, it's the driving and the tires that need to be changed to go faster. I wish that this Autocross thing was more like this ITCC, so I could stiffen the soft rear springs for track days, but, I'd immediately jump a full group (ten classes) higher if I installed rear springs.

Full forum discussion on the topic of FWD handling problems: Auto Industriya site from google search.

Last edited:
Which track are you testing on? I wanna get on the track for a little bit. Whatever track it is, 1:32 is what we are shooting for right?

Which track are you testing on? I wanna get on the track for a little bit. Whatever track it is, 1:32 is what we are shooting for right?

The 1:20s we've been mentioning are from Autumn Ring. The 0:54s we've been mentioning are from Cape Ring Inside. We're running 1:17s at Rome.

If you run 1:20s at Autumn Ring, 0:54s at Cape Ring Inside, and 1:17s at Rome, you're more golden than Harrison's Scirocco. :)

You might run a faster lap than a 1:17 at Rome, because the 1:17s were during the conceptualization phase. Since then, the cars have gotten a little horsepower bump, worth 20 hp. So, 1:15s and 1:16s are also possible.

polarbear345
Any testing done today?

I was testing in the SRT4 tonight. Specs were at 270/1200. I wasnt sure about the weight so I kept it there to be safe.

I started out with a base tune I like to throw on all my FF cars. Best lap I could get was a 1:21. Not as fast as the 1:20 people are getting. But I'll tweak it tomorrow and see if I can get closer. Or I may need to come down in weight a little.

Im interested in seeing how long the other FF cars can keep their tires oj before they need to pit. Right now I can only manage 8 laps at best.

Right now Im leaning towards the SRT or the EP Hatch. :)

FlyinHawaiian77
I was testing in the SRT4 tonight. Specs were at 270/1200. I wasnt sure about the weight so I kept it there to be safe.

I started out with a base tune I like to throw on all my FF cars. Best lap I could get was a 1:21. Not as fast as the 1:20 people are getting. But I'll tweak it tomorrow and see if I can get closer. Or I may need to come down in weight a little.

Im interested in seeing how long the other FF cars can keep their tires oj before they need to pit. Right now I can only manage 8 laps at best.

Right now Im leaning towards the SRT or the EP Hatch. :)

Well that extra 100kg will slow ya down abit! We're all running 1100kg or as close to it as possible (except my mini, 1060kg)

Well that extra 100kg will slow ya down abit! We're all running 1100kg or as close to it as possible (except my mini, 1060kg)

Rotaries are ridiculous. They're running 236 @ 1200. So, unless, you're running a rotary powered car, people are running 1100 kg. Some other cars are a bit too fast, but, mainly the rotaries/performance built cars.

Updates: The OP and second posts are up to date, and the car list now includes a spot for four drivers. This means that each car may only be chosen by four entrants.

Please read the second post, and, if you have time, the first post. I know, it's very bureaucratic, but, if everyone reads and agrees to the content of the OP, it will be a very smooth process.

Also, please leave feedback, (your thoughts) on the OP, here in the thread. I'm really hoping to get some opinions about how the OP is laid out.

The Registration link is up now! I registered, and the datapoints were immediately synchronized. Google is stunning me with this stuff.

Finally, the SRT4 and Civic EP will be tested as soon as they're available at the Used Car Dealers, and will be added to the spreadsheet after that. Flyin, people, if you want to use the SRT4 or the Civic EP, please still fill out the Registration, and just tell me that you'd like the Civic EP or the SRT4. When entering which car you'd like, please select the Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC.) You may notice that the RX-7 is in there twice. I planned this ahead.

Last edited:
Anyways:
EVENT NOTICE! Saturday!!

On Saturday at about 5 PM UTC-4 (EST summertime), we will have a very informal, casual pre-season round. This means three races, in the true ITCC fashion. Anyways, it's mainly going to be a photoshoot, but, it will also help us figure out tire wear, and performance balancing, just in case the specs aren't perfect yet.

This doesn't interfere with Rolex schedule. In fact, quite the opposite, it's an hour and fifteen minutes before the Rolex lobby opens.

Last edited:
The Elise might not be, if you bump it up to with +200kg ballast. Remember they don't have the same torque band as the other cars. I'll test it out anyway.

The Elise might not be, if you bump it up to with +200kg ballast. Remember they don't have the same torque band as the other cars. I'll test it out anyway.

Okay, I'll let you. Targets: 1:20.5 at Autumn Ring, 1:16 at Rome, 0:54.5 at Cape Ring Inside.

Registered drivers, please look up, for the BIG RED LETTERS. All important posts to the thread will be marked with BIG RED LETTERS.

So any faster than those and I'll need to do something to the car? Ok then, I'll tune the bhp for hitting 1:22, 1:17.5 and 0:56, and let the tuning be simple. That way, fine tuning should take around 1.5-2 seconds off if you get the tune right.

So any faster than those and I'll need to do something to the car? Ok then, I'll tune the bhp for hitting 1:22, 1:17.5 and 0:56, and let the tuning be simple. That way, fine tuning should take around 1.5-2 seconds off if you get the tune right.

Lol, add one degree of camber to all four tires, and lower the ride height as much as possible. That's my "official simple tune." Some cars had a lot of understeer/overMR-2steer, and so I had to fiddle with the tunes more precisely, but, in general, the 1:20.5, 1:16s, and 0:54s are run without tuning setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back