W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the simple tuning setup and only a low RPM Turbo, you're looking at 209 bhp and 1060kg for Autumn Ring. I did a 1:20.6. You may have to have the car completely stock though, because I haven't finished breaking the car in.

I'll give you a head's up on the other two in a mo.

Well with the simple tuning setup and only a low RPM Turbo, you're looking at 209 bhp and 1060kg for Autumn Ring. I did a 1:20.6. You may have to have the car completely stock though, because I haven't finished breaking the car in.

I'll give you a head's up on the other two in a mo.

Alright. It's the same weight as the Mini Cooper. :) I'm okay with that. Just note, I sorta want to mandate that cars run a racing exhaust/power limiter, so that they sound like race cars.

Also, read page 6 posts please people. Lots of important stuff is on page 6!

Updates: The OP and second posts are up to date, and the car list now includes a spot for four drivers. This means that each car may only be chosen by four entrants.

Please read the second post, and, if you have time, the first post. I know, it's very bureaucratic, but, if everyone reads and agrees to the content of the OP, it will be a very smooth process.

Also, please leave feedback, (your thoughts) on the OP, here in the thread. I'm really hoping to get some opinions about how the OP is laid out.

The Registration link is up now! I registered, and the datapoints were immediately synchronized. Google is stunning me with this stuff.

Finally, the SRT4 and Civic EP will be tested as soon as they're available at the Used Car Dealers, and will be added to the spreadsheet after that. Flyin, people, if you want to use the SRT4 or the Civic EP, please still fill out the Registration, and just tell me that you'd like the Civic EP or the SRT4. When entering which car you'd like, please select the Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC.) You may notice that the RX-7 is in there twice. I planned this ahead.

Anyways:
EVENT NOTICE! Saturday!!

On Saturday at about 5 PM UTC-4 (EST summertime), we will have a very informal, casual pre-season round. This means three races, in the true ITCC fashion. Anyways, it's mainly going to be a photoshoot, but, it will also help us figure out tire wear, and performance balancing, just in case the specs aren't perfect yet.

This doesn't interfere with Rolex schedule. In fact, quite the opposite, it's an hour and fifteen minutes before the Rolex lobby opens.

These are the important posts from Page 6.

Other important things: Refuelling banned. There's no need to refuel your car. It's added weight, that you won't need, given race distances.

Lotus Elise: Extensive Testing

220 bhp / 1060 kg (Stock, broken in, and with Titanium Racing Exhaust. No Chassis Reinforcement)
Autumn Ring: 1:19.406
CR Inside: 0:53.943
Rome: 1:14.805.

200 bhp / 1060 kg (Same as above, but tuned down from 220 bhp)
Autumn: 1:19.268
CR Inside: 54.164
Rome: 1:15.580

180 bhp / 1060 kg (Added low RPM Turbocharger, lowered bhp down to 180 bhp)
Autumn: 1:19.781
CR Inside: 0:55.028
Rome: 1:17.287

180 bhp / 1060 kg (No Turbo, tuned to 180 bhp.)
Autumn: 1:20.023
CR Inside: 55.086
Rome: 1:17.325

Bear in mind that I've stiffened the suspension and shortened the gears before I've tested these settings, I'm probably being very harsh on the car.

Last edited:
sorry been away revising

out of wondering whats the restrictions on the gears. just going to check autumn ring and rome

If Melan wants me to run default settings on LSD, Suspension, Transmission, etc. Then I'll happily do so, starting at the 180 bhp / 1060 kg setting. I'll be very harsh on the car, but I'll tune the power to accomodate the 1:20.5, 1:16 and 54.5 "without tweaking" set times. I'll say though, I may go hella fast on one and sorely under on another, but meh.

It might be better that way, since then you can clearly say "Oh the Elise DEFINITELY WON'T win here" at certain tracks. Hence my inclusion of the low RPM Turbo in one of my tunes, since it'll lose top end power. I'll do my damnest to ensure this car is competitive, but not broken. I would like to compete in this car myself, actually, and so that nobody is saying "Oh he's just tuning it to win", trust me... I do anything to silence critics.

I ran 70 less bhp than I was allowed in one race not so long ago just because people were moaning the car was too fast, and you know what? I nearly came out on top over my teammate, who ran at full whack. So yeah, :D

Last edited:
By the way the only thing I have changed is to move the ballast position to 15. However, I'm never hitting 6th gear so a lot of speed in reserve

By the way the only thing I have changed is to move the ballast position to 15. However, I'm never hitting 6th gear so a lot of speed in reserve

All tuning is okay. Storm, that Elise is scary. It's THAT quick with only 180 hp? That's what I thought would happen. I was sceptical, but, with good reason, I guess. I'll allow further testing.

Its the cornering on it. It's so stunning around the corners it makes you sick. That's why I'm so hell bent of making the top end speed as god awful as possible.

First circuit vote: Preseason testing track. This track will be considered as the first round. Please vote for a circuit between the following:

Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
Monza, Italy
Cape Ring Inside, fictional
Trial Mountain reverse, fictional
Deep Forest Raceway reverse, fictional
Circuito de Madrid reverse
Côte d'Azur (Blue Coast), Monaco, France
Tokyo R246 reverse, Tokyo, Japan

Circuits for later on in series:

Grand Valley East reverse, fictional
Suzuka Circuit East course, Suzuka, Japan
Indy Road Course, Indiana, USA
Tsukuba Circuit, Tsubuka, Japan
Nürburgring GP/D, Nürburgring GP Strecke, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Rome, Rome, Italy

Voting will be held here, in the thread.

One vote for Monza!

Please familiarize yourselves with these tracks. Especially the reverse layouts, and MADRID.

I'm telling you, the Spoon Civic Type R (standard) is as good as any car. The highest it goes is 1040kg, but with around 220-230hp it's an awesome car. I think if I join this series, that will be my choice.

Sorry I had to cut it short guys. Had to get ready for bed. These cars are proving to br very competitive. But I just cant stand the way the front tires go away so fast. Might look for a RWD car and see how I do with that instead.

I had fun tonight! Hopefully I'll remember that stupid corner at Madrid now! I'm telling you that sneaks up on you!

And I also found out that one person really can mess up a first turn for everyone! Yes I'm talking about epic! The kid pushed me threw turn one and two, sorry if I ran anyone wide (Seth, I think you were a victim) and then he punted me in the final turn....I mean if you ARE going to do it...at least TRY not to make it THAT obvious....

LoL. I hate that corner also. I can handle Madrid when its ran normal. Reverse is a whole new monster for me. Itll just take some time for me to get usee to it.

FlyinHawaiian77
LoL. I hate that corner also. I can handle Madrid when its ran normal. Reverse is a whole new monster for me. Itll just take some time for me to get usee to it.

Ya man! And when I drove the autumn ring backwards for a lap, the feel was totally different! The tracks are almost unrelated except for scenery!

why are all the circuits that can be reverse, reverse?

I'd vote for cape ring inside though!

Ya man! And when I drove the autumn ring backwards for a lap, the feel was totally different! The tracks are almost unrelated except for scenery!

You took the words out of my mouth FH. The Reverse tracks are underplayed and underrated.

Yes, I hope we all get to know the circuits well. They are absolutely incredible.

FH, I promise to you, that there will be no advantage given to FR by tire life. In races 1 & 2 there will be a mandatory pit stop for fresh rubber. Refuelling is banned, due to a lack of necessity.

Finally, Polar, track vote counted. Track vote standings:

Monza: 1 vote
Cape Ring Inside: 1 vote

Freshseth, once you finalize the specs on your Honda, I will add it.

Stuff added in edit:

Trial Mountain will be run in forward direction, and not reverse direction. Reverse direction is a little less-likely to stay clean.

All other tracks were checked for having 16 standing start grid spots MARKED ON THE TARMAC. This ensures that our standing starts will be fair, and go smoothly.

I checked that all tracks have clearly labelled pit entries and exits, marked with white lines on the racing surface.

Stuff to come soon:

Photos demonstrating the difference between "cutting" and "on track," to further help explain the difference between "kerb hopping" and "corner cutting."

Photos to update OP with some colour, and decorate.

Last edited:
The Spoon Honda Civic I was running 1020kg (it can't go any higher) and 230hp. The Spoon Integra I was running 1080kg (it can't go any lower) and 250hp. Also I was running the VW Polo GTI at 1080kg and 276hp (doesn't handle as good as the Spoons) in order to keep pace, kinda like the Mini.

The Spoon Honda Civic I was running 1020kg (it can't go any higher) and 230hp. The Spoon Integra I was running 1080kg (it can't go any lower) and 250hp. Also I was running the VW Polo GTI at 1080kg and 276hp (doesn't handle as good as the Spoons) in order to keep pace, kinda like the Mini.

Car list updated. Still some questions about years, and model information etc. But, it's mainly just technicalities and the specs are up.

Also, images of kerb usage rules:

379193_176009565859594_100003516552869_251237_1891614531_n.jpg

No more than 50% of the car's chassis is allowed to cross this red-line. The red line protrudes straight up from the edge of the racing surface, between the black-top and the kerb. Kerb usage is allowed, but, as long as it doesn't allow more than 50% of the chassis over the kerb.

547678_176009725859578_100003516552869_251245_2068791015_n.jpg

582398_176009839192900_100003516552869_251249_2042525031_n.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good rule, but it'll be very hard to enforce. I'd say to just keep two tires on track, no two tires in the grass while using curbing. You can't control 50% of your car on the curbs all the time, so I think as long as you don't use the grass or astro turf (green stuff) it should be legal. How about that? It'll be easier for you to make a judgement as well if you're viewing replays (which suck as they're always lagging).

That's a good rule, but it'll be very hard to enforce. I'd say to just keep two tires on track, no two tires in the grass while using curbing. You can't control 50% of your car on the curbs all the time, so I think as long as you don't use the grass or astro turf (green stuff) it should be legal. How about that? It'll be easier for you to make a judgement as well if you're viewing replays (which suck as they're always lagging).

Well, I mean "Don't do this on a repetitive cycle, every lap." I understand that people will use kerbs a little "optimistically" in a close battle. After watching the race at Madrid, I saw myself use more than that amount of kerb to avoid hitting you. However, I also put a thing about that in the thread. It effectively says I would prefer you to hop a kerb, more than hit the guy you're passing.

Anyways, How's about a little Race Recap?

Last edited:
The way I've been tuning it, the Lotus will have advantages in heavily corner-based tracks, yet on the speed tracks it basically won't be that good at all. Right now, with the car at 190 bhp and 1060 kg, I'm getting that balance somewhat nicely tuned.

I have an 86 mr2 that I wanna bring out. If thats ok with everyone else. Probably have to go down in specs like the Lotus.

I have an 86 mr2 that I wanna bring out. If thats ok with everyone else. Probably have to go down in specs like the Lotus.

You're welcome to continue testing it, Storm, Damu, & FH.

Anthony this is the thread you're looking for. I'll message you with the link.

Alright, after a trip to the mini dealership... I got legitamintly mad when I saw the red mini had a white roof and white accents! So that stupid orange one I had in last night's test is gone... In with the new!

And I'm having to push extremely hard to do Laps that I can do easily in the civic r. I'm on now trying the Mazda roadster and the mini at 1050kg. Join me!

Alright, after a trip to the mini dealership... I got legitamintly mad when I saw the red mini had a white roof and white accents! So that stupid orange one I had in last night's test is gone... In with the new!

And I'm having to push extremely hard to do Laps that I can do easily in the civic r. I'm on now trying the Mazda roadster and the mini at 1050kg. Join me!

Aw, my friend IRL just got his RX-7 and I'm watching him drive it on Skype. :P I won't be on 'til he gets home. I don't get to see this car until June 24th, so, I have to suffer until then.

Anyways, yeah, the Minis should all work. The Miata... StormPacer, did you see what you did? You've created a very small group of very small cars. You've created a monster!

Last edited:
What else is everyone working on? I know I cant be the only one struggling to find the right car. Really, there are a ton of good ones to choose from. So thats not making things any easier for me. I'll test one car, fall in love with it, test another and the cycle repeats. :(

FlyinHawaiian77
What else is everyone working on? I know I cant be the only one struggling to find the right car. Really, there are a ton of good ones to choose from. So thats not making things any easier for me. I'll test one car, fall in love with it, test another and the cycle repeats. :(

The Mazda roadster '07 may be my next choice after the mini, I like the mini sooooo much though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back