W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrM. I got your message on psn about the cars and specs I was testing. I'm pretty sure I'll just stick with the EP or the SRT. Cant decide if I want the handling of the Honda or the Speed of the Dodge.

Cape Ring inside, Cape Ring south and Cape Ring north are decent tracks. I don't like the roundabout though. I think we could run 2 or those 3, Madrid, Rome, GV Short, Clubman Stage 5, Autumn Ring and Deep Forest or Trial Mountain.

I was looking for some racing league from Europe with decent car list and this one looks spot on. Seems like there is still room for participants so if it's ok I will join the Cape ring Inside race tomorrow? I have only some online experience on racing but don't worry, I think I know how to control the car and make it fun for all.

righty-ho. went with the spreadsheet limits:

C'ote d'Azur - 1:42.597
Autumn Ring - 1:20.291
Cape Ring - 0:54.653
Rome - 1:15.965

Seems like just about right then.

Well I did some laps on Côte d'Azur... and I'm eh 14 secs slower with Focus ST @ given specs.

Try using all the modifications you can, and limit the power to 276hp. Do as much lightning to the car as possible as well. 1050kg should be a good weight if it can get that low.

Try using all the modifications you can, and limit the power to 276hp. Do as much lightning to the car as possible as well. 1050kg should be a good weight if it can get that low.

Doesn't that weaken the power curve? But sure I will try. The car goes to 1186 kg with full modifications. I even put sport hard tyres.

We use racing tires. Try racing mediums to get a good handle on how the car drives. Set it up to drive on those tires because they're the one's we'll be using, not sport tires. We use racing soft tires as well, but setting the car up on mediums helps out since softs are just a higher grip version.

Cape Ring inside, Cape Ring south and Cape Ring north are decent tracks. I don't like the roundabout though. I think we could run 2 or those 3, Madrid, Rome, GV Short, Clubman Stage 5, Autumn Ring and Deep Forest or Trial Mountain.

I was looking for some racing league from Europe with decent car list and this one looks spot on. Seems like there is still room for participants so if it's ok I will join the Cape ring Inside race tomorrow? I have only some online experience on racing but don't worry, I think I know how to control the car and make it fun for all.

Hi evertV12! Welcome! You may join us! It'd be pretty cool to have some Finnish talent here.

Seth, that's sorta the plan. I know I want all of those, but not really CS5. Well, unless everyone wants to...

You need a new TV don't ya? I have an HDTV, kinda old though, so it's not the best, but I can see pretty good on it with the night tracks.

You need a new TV don't ya? I have an HDTV, kinda old though, so it's not the best, but I can see pretty good on it with the night tracks.

Heheh, it's not a bad TV. It's just... a comgination of having a TV with no adjustability & a window directly behind it.

Also, you're welcome V12.

Ahh the benefits of having a basement. Pitch black and loud whenever I want it to be.

Nice!!

Anyways, after being in a race, in which someone jumped the start and passed my teammate illegally, I'd like to re-inforce starting procedure for this series:

Qualifying ends: take note of who's in front of you, and behind you.
First lap: Make sure you're in between the two drivers you qualified between
Start/finish line: when the leader hits the line, (s)he'll accelerate. At that point, everyone's okay to accelerate. If you can't see the leader, when he accelerates, you'll know that he accelerated, because the car in front of you will have accelerated. Passing is forbidden on the first straight, until the braking zone for turn 1, and, even then, you must be ALONG SIDE the car you want to pass. Do not try to outbrake someone from behind them. You must be beside them.

Last edited:
Nice!!

Anyways, after being in a race, in which someone jumped the start and passed my teammate illegally, I'd like to re-inforce starting procedure for this series:

Qualifying ends: take note of who's in front of you, and behind you.
First lap: Make sure you're in between the two drivers you qualified between
Start/finish line: when the leader hits the line, (s)he'll accelerate. At that point, everyone's okay to accelerate. If you can't see the leader, when he accelerates, you'll know that he accelerated, because the car in front of you will have accelerated. Passing is forbidden on the first straight, until the braking zone for turn 1, and, even then, you must be ALONG SIDE the car you want to pass. Do not try to outbrake someone from behind them. You must be beside them.

Wait, all my starts on Rolex aren't allowed here D:

Wait, all my starts on Rolex aren't allowed here D:

Well, you'll be off in turn 2, at the pace you start the race at. And, it's all good.

If you make a pass before the start, and you don't think it's your fault, just apologize and state the reasoning behind it after the race, and/or give the spot back.

But, in your case, stay right on the track for the first two laps, and I guarantee you'll pass someone.

Two hours 'til I open the room. Two hours and thirty minutes until I start the qualifying session.

Track will be Cape Ring Inside!

Have a good start session guys, I hope can compete today at ITCC, anyway, good luck!!

¡Gracias amigo! I hope so too, man. It'd be REALLY fun to have all the Rolex guys in the same class, and really see who's fastest. Seth and I are dead on for lap times, in the ITCC, and you two are dead on for lap times in the Rolex series... in DP... So, I think this'll be a seriously closely contested series.

I messaged our most common competitors. The practice begins now, and will stay open until 4:45 PM EST. Then quali begins, then the race 1 @ 5:10 PM EST.

We'll be running the normal rules. This means Races 1 & 2 follow a soft/medium or hard strategy with one mandatory stop. Refuelling is banned. Race 3, pitstops are entirely banned.

No rear wings allowed, installed from GT Auto. You must not use a downforce generating rear wing.

This was one of the most fun set of races I've been in! There was always a fight going on (on the track AND in the chat box lol) and there were a few cool crashes! I'm going to have to make a final car choice soon. Another race tomorrow after the Indy 500?

This was one of the most fun set of races I've been in! There was always a fight going on (on the track AND in the chat box lol) and there were a few cool crashes! I'm going to have to make a final car choice soon. Another race tomorrow after the Indy 500?

I'm game for an unofficial race, if I don't end up at Mosport.

Congrats on the triple podiums, polarbear. I don't know how you did it... I managed two second places, and a sixth... (damn two tire strategy mistakes.)

Just remember to put two tire compounds on, if we run with a two-compound rule.

MrMelancholy15
I'm game for an unofficial race, if I don't end up at Mosport.

Congrats on the triple podiums, polarbear. I don't know how you did it... I managed two second places, and a sixth... (damn two tire strategy mistakes.)

Just remember to put two tire compounds on, if we run with a two-compound rule.

Yea! I got all of the podium finishes! P1 p2 and p3!

Yea! I got all of the podium finishes! P1 p2 and p3!

Congrats guys! I mean, especially congrats to polarbear, but, congrats to everyone, for making it a smooth first pre-season.

I'm not trying to impress you or anything, but... HUGE SUCCESS

Yeah, sorry for my little outburst. I guess I was used to racing with the same guys all the time. So Ant's style was a little different for me. Just have to learn how to drive against other drivers.

I asked norm if it would be ok to run with him in the S2000. He said it would be ok. So I have to get mine to match his right?

FlyinHawaiian77
Yeah, sorry for my little outburst. I guess I was used to racing with the same guys all the time. So Ant's style was a little different for me. Just have to learn how to drive against other drivers.

I asked norm if it would be ok to run with him in the S2000. He said it would be ok. So I have to get mine to match his right?

I don't think so. I'm also in the market for a new ride, the civic was great, but im not sure if I like it that much. I had problems turning in and turning in that like quadruple apex into the front straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back