W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mini is nice. But there is a reason a lot of people like the miata on this site. Me personally, I dont like them. In stock form they look like girl cars. Newer generations are better looking. No denying their performance though.

The Mini is nice. But there is a reason a lot of people like the miata on this site. Me personally, I dont like them. In stock form they look like girl cars. Newer generations are better looking. No denying their performance though.

Heheh, I despise them, and not just because they have the same HP/weight as mu Hyundai, but run 2 seconds faster. No, mainly because there's just no work put into them.

Regardless, I REALLY want to re-iterate my old first post. I want normal "Touring Cars," not a Spec Miata series. We all know that there are enough Miata races...

First, fun race tonight! Seth, can you be stopped?!

And I also learned that the mini at 1050kg and 276hp have the straight line speed of a tortoise with alstimers!

FlyinHawaiian77
What was everyone driving tonight? Any new cars that were being tested?

Seth drove a few, and some new guys drove some different cars. I drove the mini and mrM drive his civic r, so nothing new there

I was just testing out which cars I really liked. I think I may stick with the TVR Tamora. I was running at 1100kg and 260hp. I didn't have any engine upgrades, and you can't install turbos, so it was kinda slow on the acceleration and top speed, but it's handling was great. I tried again with engine stage 2 upgrade. It handles a bit differently, and acceleration I'm not sure I noticed a difference.

Tvr would be cool. Not to many people racing with those. We should def. race in the rain then. Anyone remeber when top gear tested a tvr in the rain? :lol:

Tvr would be cool. Not to many people racing with those. We should def. race in the rain then. Anyone remeber when top gear tested a tvr in the rain? :lol:

I was just testing out which cars I really liked. I think I may stick with the TVR Tamora. I was running at 1100kg and 260hp. I didn't have any engine upgrades, and you can't install turbos, so it was kinda slow on the acceleration and top speed, but it's handling was great. I tried again with engine stage 2 upgrade. It handles a bit differently, and acceleration I'm not sure I noticed a difference.

Seth drove a few, and some new guys drove some different cars. I drove the mini and mrM drive his civic r, so nothing new there

Yes, some of the new guys did a better job of sticking to cars I wanted to use, than Seth did. I tested the Tamora, and once I got a tuning setup figured out, it was incredibly fast.

I'm not going to accuse Seth of teabagging, but, hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Maybe he hasn't figured the tuning setup out yet.

Also, guys, please remember to control your line INTO the corner, to gain speed on the straights... as much as I like passing you like you're sitting ducks on the straights, and somehow being passed under braking, I think we could run slower in and faster out.

Finally, I'm happy to welcome Vince into the series. I'm updating the registered drivers as I'm posting this. :)

Finally, I updated the car list a while ago to allow for the Spoon Integras and Civics. Seth, I don't care which car you run, as long as you make it clear, and give me *COMPETITIVE SPECS.* You might not be the only person to join this series who wants to run the TVR, so, once you finalize it and say "There, that's the car I want to run for the entire series," tell me the specs, and you might be able to find a teammate, or someone else who wants to run the TVR.

Referring to teams, though, I may just put people in Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. teams, rather than what it is now. I'll allow independent (non-factory) teams, but, I'll also arrange factory teams, for those of you who can't be bothered with finding a team name and partner.

In the case of having like 4 Hondas, I'll create two Honda teams, and, for example, separate the Civics and Integras in points.

Last edited:
Depending on dates and times I might sign up for this 👍
I just have a question about the cars you want to use: It might be just me, but I don't really see how the tuned cars and the RUF (among others) would be classified as touring cars? As far as I know RUF is more GT car? And then I was thinking, how about BMW 330i or 135i? Don't forget the E90 BMW has played a big role in modern touring car championships.

I don't even know if I want to join this series. I might not have time for it. I told you that when I ran the TVR it was basically stock. I added ballast to 1100kg and just stuck to 260hp. I didn't set the car up or add anything to it. I don't see how you can say I didn't figure out the car when it was already quick without any tuning. Sometimes you seem like you brag about things. I don't have a problem with that, but don't assume I'm not going to run a car to it's full potential to gain an advantage. I will add the engine tuning to it today and the rest of the setup to see how good it is. I think it's fine with 250hp and maybe 1080kg, just like the Spoon Integra.

Another thing, we had guys running wings on the back of their cars yesterday, that adds cornering speed, you said no wings. So is this the case, or are you allowing wings? I put the bodykits on cars, but not the aero wings so there's no adjustable downforce.

Depending on dates and times I might sign up for this 👍
I just have a question about the cars you want to use: It might be just me, but I don't really see how the tuned cars and the RUF (among others) would be classified as touring cars? As far as I know RUF is more GT car? And then I was thinking, how about BMW 330i or 135i? Don't forget the E90 BMW has played a big role in modern touring car championships.

I don't even know if I want to join this series. I might not have time for it. I told you that when I ran the TVR it was basically stock. I added ballast to 1100kg and just stuck to 260hp. I didn't set the car up or add anything to it. I don't see how you can say I didn't figure out the car when it was already quick without any tuning. Sometimes you seem like you brag about things. I don't have a problem with that, but don't assume I'm not going to run a car to it's full potential to gain an advantage. I will add the engine tuning to it today and the rest of the setup to see how good it is. I think it's fine with 250hp and maybe 1080kg, just like the Spoon Integra.

Another thing, we had guys running wings on the back of their cars yesterday, that adds cornering speed, you said no wings. So is this the case, or are you allowing wings? I put the bodykits on cars, but not the aero wings so there's no adjustable downforce.

That is the idea, Seth, thanks for bringing it up.

Please no rear wings! Rear wings are not allowed.

And, hi rallymorten! We're running Saturdays, an hour before a Rolex race. I think, in your time zone, (GMT+1?) that it'd be 11 PM on Saturdays.

Also, I did consider the 330i, but, it's somewhat heavy in comparison to the other cars. And, yes, the RUF RGT (not in this series) and such aren't necessarily touring cars, but, I wanted to include a large number of drivetrains and chassis types, just to add a little diversity to the car list.

You're welcome to test the 330i, with us, and see how it competes. I REALLY want to see one of those BMWs, but, I am not entirely sure about the weight. But, then again, some people can figure out balancing with weight.

To shortform this post: Okay, Seth, understood. I'm sorry, that it seems that I brag. No aftermarket rear wings allowed. Rally, you're welcome to test with us, our races are Saturdays at 5 PM EST. (GMT-0=10 P.M.) This is a pre-season race, this week. I'm hoping you will test the BMWs you mentioned, Rally. Everyone else, good testing, I'm hoping to become more and more strict about running stock rear wings. Also, if your car has the option to remove the stock rear wing, please make sure that it doesn't include downforce, but, you may run without rear wings.

Last edited:
I'll not be able to race all of the Races due to the times but if I find time for a race I'll show up, sounds fun. And I can bring my BMW if we'll have a test this weekend?

I'll not be able to race all of the Races due to the times but if I find time for a race I'll show up, sounds fun. And I can bring my BMW if we'll have a test this weekend?

Yes, please do bring the BMW. I'd be interested in seeing it. And, it's a shame you can't make all the races. Is it a scheduling conflict with another series, or a personal issue?

The entire round will be over in less than an hour, and that's a strict deadline.

MrMelancholy15
Yes, please do bring the BMW. I'd be interested in seeing it. And, it's a shame you can't make all the races. Is it a scheduling conflict with another series, or a personal issue?

The entire round will be over in less than an hour, and that's a strict deadline.

Personal issue, but it sounds really fun 👍

Personal issue, but it sounds really fun 👍

Almost every race so far has been won by less than a second. :) There was one at Cote D'Azur, where the margin of victory was 14 seconds, but, there were only three people in it, and one of the competitors (Seth) had other things to attend to, and kindly backed out of the race, back to the lobby.

Anyways, if there's anyone considering coming, you may come. I might start the qualifying at 4:30 PM GMT-5 (EST) on Saturday, if it's more convenient for people. It would also ensure us enough time to switch from ITCC to Rolex.

U.K., that means 9:30 PM for you, with quali/practice extended until 10 P.M. for you.

West Europe (GMT+1) that's 10:30 PM for you, with quali/practice extended until 11 P.M. for you.

Eastern United States (Oregon, Alaska, etc.) that's 1:30 PM for you, with quali/practice extended until 2 PM for you.

You may join the round at any time. You will not have to add me as a friend until Round 1, (the first points round) because until Round 1, the lobbies will be open lobbies.

Because we have a tight schedule...:

Everyone, I MAKE A FULL PROMISE THAT THE ITCC RACES WILL BE OVER BEFORE 6 P.M., and will leave time for one of us to make a Rolex room. However, because of this, I'd like people to join the ITCC room as soon as possible, and not slow it down.
This ensures that the Rolex runs on time. It's not directly for my series, that I'm running such a German schedule, but, the first race of the round will start at 5 PM EST *SHARP.* This only affects people running in the ITCC, and the Rolex series will proceed at its normal time. I will ensure this, and, if I have to run the final sprint even shorter than I'd like, so be it, and the Rolex Series shall take precedence.

ITCC Schedule:

(all times in EST)

4:30 PM-practice/lobby opens
4:45 PM-track resets
4:50 PM-earliest time to set quali times.
5:09 PM-race countdown timer starts. THIS IS STRICT. You WILL be in your car, on track at this time.
5:10 PM-Race 1 starts
5:30 PM-Race 2 starts
5:50 PM-Race 3 starts.

This leaves time for the Rolex series lobby to open.

I don't got a problem if you brag about your times. But I'm not a cheat, so I won't do anything dirty like sandbag to give myself an advantage. Someone may get more out of a car than me, so we'll see. I'd like a teammate, using the same color car and wheel combination as me, and a matching suit to their choice. I think we should all take a photo of our car (in photomode if premium with out driver) and post it if possible.

I don't got a problem if you brag about your times. But I'm not a cheat, so I won't do anything dirty like sandbag to give myself an advantage. Someone may get more out of a car than me, so we'll see. I'd like a teammate, using the same color car and wheel combination as me, and a matching suit to their choice. I think we should all take a photo of our car (in photomode if premium with out driver) and post it if possible.

Well, Zuel's doing that for his WGTC series, and I liked the idea.

may i just clarify what I'm meant to do with my rear wing (seeing as it's a Mazda RX-7) that came with the car. replace with a smaller one if p[ossible and no downforce

Also any updates on the times I need to run or just stick to 236BHP & 1200kg?

Stock rear wings have no adjustable downforce, so leave it on there. And in my last post, I made a spelling error, I meant OUR not OUT. So post a picture in photomode of our car with our driver in a matching suit.

may i just clarify what I'm meant to do with my rear wing (seeing as it's a Mazda RX-7) that came with the car. replace with a smaller one if possible and no downforce

Also any updates on the times I need to run or just stick to 236BHP & 1200kg?

Ummm, which rear wing? Is it a downforce adjustable rear wing from GT Auto? I more mean, in terms of cosmetics, if given the option to remove the wing, you may. Otherwise, the stock wing's perfectly fine, but, GT Auto wings will make the cars 187463657 kph too fast or too slow. Putting a rear wing on an FF car makes it overly slow. Putting a rear wing on an FR car makes it overly fast.

Also, sorry, no news on the RX-7s for horsepower and weight. If (heheh, more like when (I think you're coming, right??)) you come this Saturday, just run those specs, and we'll see how you do.

Stock rear wings have no adjustable downforce, so leave it on there. And in my last post, I made a spelling error, I meant OUR not OUT. So post a picture in photomode of our car with our driver in a matching suit.

The Mitsubishi Evolutions have 5 clicks of adjustable rear downforce, stock, but, all of them can be taken out. I ask that everyone remove the rear aero from the Evos, in the settings.

Ummm, which rear wing? Is it a downforce adjustable rear wing from GT Auto? I more mean, in terms of cosmetics, if given the option to remove the wing, you may. Otherwise, the stock wing's perfectly fine, but, GT Auto wings will make the cars 187463657 kph too fast or too slow. Putting a rear wing on an FF car makes it overly slow. Putting a rear wing on an FR car makes it overly fast.

Also, sorry, no news on the RX-7s for horsepower and weight. If (heheh, more like when (I think you're coming, right??)) you come this Saturday, just run those specs, and we'll see how you do.

I have mentioned that I have the Uni prom / ball / whatever it's called this saturday.

And nah it isn't GT Auto, and I haven't applied any downforce yet.

So which times do you want me to aim for to get a relatively balanced field say on:

C'ote D'azur
Autumn Ring
Cape ring inner
Rome
Others?

I have mentioned that I have the Uni prom / ball / whatever it's called this saturday.

So which times do you want me to aim for to get a relatively balanced field say on:

C'ote D'azur
Autumn Ring
Cape ring inner
Rome
Others?

C D'A: 1:42
Autumn Ring: 1:20
Cape Ring Inside: 0:54
Rome: 1:16/1:17

If you run those sorts of times, your specs are decent. In the season, it'll be good competition. :)

Sorry I forgot about your uni ball thing. I didn't forget, I just wanted to check.

Last edited:
anirishnirvana

C'ote D'azur
Autumn Ring
Cape ring inner
Rome
Others?

Swap Rome for Madrid and you'll be golden!

And have fun on Saturday!

My perfect track list for this would be....

Autumn ring
Cape ring inner
Ssr5 clubman (last nights track)
Madrid reverse
Suzuka east
Cóte de azúre (I'm sure I butchered the spelling)
Rome
Laguna seca

That's 8 tracks... I think you said 10 is your ideal, so if there's anymore cool ones I'll make a updated list!

Ohhhh and grand valley east (either direction)

Swap Rome for Madrid and you'll be golden!

And have fun on Saturday!

My perfect track list for this would be....

Autumn ring
Cape ring inner
Ssr5 clubman (last nights track)
Madrid reverse
Suzuka east
Cóte de azúre (I'm sure I butchered the spelling)
Rome
Laguna seca

That's 8 tracks... I think you said 10 is your ideal, so if there's anymore cool ones I'll make a updated list!

Ohhhh and grand valley east (either direction)

Hmmmm, I like the Mazda Laguna Seca idea, but, I would prefer, again, not to run a night track. Oh well. People need to vote for the track they'd like to see Saturday. I mean it guys, or I'll torture you all... with Madrid Reverse as the first track.

I'm updating the second post to reflect your Laguna Seca idea though.

Last edited:
righty-ho. went with the spreadsheet limits:

C'ote d'Azur - 1:42.597
Autumn Ring - 1:20.291
Cape Ring - 0:54.653
Rome - 1:15.965

Seems like just about right then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back