W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried out the Ford Focus ST, went about a tenth faster than the Civic, not broken in yet either. I put turbo stage 2 on there for more torque.

Suspension-

ride height; -8/-3
springs; 8.0/8.5
dampers; 4/5 4/4
roll bars; 3/4
camber; 1.5/2.0
toe angle; -0.07/-0.20

LSD-
initial; 8
accel; 25
braking; 12

Brakes
4/7

Ok, this is the tune for the Civic that I have. I was able to get 53's at Cape Ring inside so far without any of the engine upgrades. The car seems to steer with the rear, as I like to call it. Almost like it has rear wheel steering and the front wheels aren't pulling as much. Tire wear seems pretty good too, after 4 laps the front tires seemed to have at least 80% of their life.

Suspension-
ride height; -8/-1
springs; 9.5/9.5
dampers; 5/5 5/5
roll bars; 4/4
camber; 1.3/1.8
toe angle; 0.00/-0.20

LSD-
initial; 6
accel; 17
braking; 8

Brakes-
4/7

Chassis-
Ballast; 49kg
position; +50 (rear)

Which Civic? Thanks Polar! Of course, I do love that "Hmmmm, refer to front bumper... is that Polar, or is that me?" Hmmmmmmm... We REALLY do have very similar looking cars.

Which Civic? Thanks Polar! Of course, I do love that "Hmmmm, refer to front bumper... is that Polar, or is that me?" Hmmmmmmm... We REALLY do have very similar looking cars.

same color and everything!

Check out my pictures, should i put them on this thread?

And im putting arrows of where/how everyone got through the big wreck :P

same color and everything!

Check out my pictures, should i put them on this thread?

And im putting arrows of where/how everyone got through the big wreck :P

Hehehehe, if you put arrows showing how I got through there, I'll give you a medal! But, in all seriousness, I liked the photos enough to include them in the OP, I think. My quick upload idea to the GTPlanet photo album ruined the sizes, so, I'm going to re-upload a photo or two directly to Facebook, so we can have full sized photos!

BTW, if you look REALLY closely, our cars are completely different looking. Yes, we used the same rims, but, you left yours the normal colour, and I went back and bought an Integra in the same "Championship White" as the rest of my car. I also have the GT Auto front/rear bumpers, and you left yours looking almost stock.

Last edited:
While watching the replay, I noticed a "caution" in the first race. Can you explain what brings out a caution, and if there will be a announcement in the chat box? Or how will you call them?

I dont think it was a caution. Seth and I go into an accident. So I slowed down to give him his position back. I know Mel slowed down but I dont think je had anything to do with the accident. Then everyone else came and saw that we had slowed down and followed suit.

While watching the replay, I noticed a "caution" in the first race. Can you explain what brings out a caution, and if there will be a announcement in the chat box? Or how will you call them?

Well, I'll make specific rules, I guess. The main thing, is, that it sorta looks better.

Did you notice what happened to Seth? That crash was huge! It'd be a red flag in a real race... Nothing like a good 170 km/h-0 stop in one second...

Ummm, I'm thinking, though, that, in the event of a crash which would warrant a caution, the driver involved should ask for it, and that the leader should slow to 60 km/h (35 mp/h) and type "Understood" or something like "yes" and then hold a slow (slower than the first Formation lap) speed. I'm thinking, that, during a caution, I'd like everyone to press start and wait until the end of the lap.

FlyinHawaiian77
I dont think it was a caution. Seth and I go into an accident. So I slowed down to give him his position back. I know Mel slowed down but I dont think je had anything to do with the accident. Then everyone else came and saw that we had slowed down and followed suit.

Ohhhh, I remember coming into that turn and went "whhhhhaaaaa" and then I slowed down... I wouldn't have had I known it wasn't a caution! Oh well that was a awkward accident if I remember the replay correctly.

Yeah, we went two wide into a section of the track where we shouldnt have. Neither one of us were willing to back down. Traded paint and the rest is history.

Ohhhh, I remember coming into that turn and went "whhhhhaaaaa" and then I slowed down... I wouldn't have had I known it wasn't a caution! Oh well that was a awkward accident if I remember the replay correctly.

Yeah. Poor Seth. I mean, he wasn't going to win that race, but, wow... I mean, Hawaiian, Anthony (?) and I were right there, on his rear bumper, the entire race. He was fast, but, with the draft, we were even faster.

💡 Because I want crashes to be costly, without really ending races, I'm hoping that cautions will be used to bunch the cars back up, after a crash, but also that the driver(s) involved in the crash will start from the back of the line. Also, no cautions on the last lap... It would be such an epic killjoy.

FlyinHawaiian77
Yeah, we went two wide into a section of the track where we shouldnt have. Neither one of us were willing to back down. Traded paint and the rest is history.

Oh yes! There was plenty of tradin' paint that race! It was fun! I'm excited to see how we adapt to the close confinements of a street circuit!

Oh and when I said Tokyo was wider.... After a quick trip there, I take most of that back! It is, in
My opinion a little wider than Monaco, but that may just be me!

Oh yes! There was plenty of tradin' paint that race! It was fun! I'm excited to see how we adapt to the close confinements of a street circuit!

Oh and when I said Tokyo was wider.... After a quick trip there, I take most of that back! It is, in
My opinion a little wider than Monaco, but that may just be me!

Ummm, I've seen bicycle lanes wider than Monaco. :P

So, is everyone okay with my "you may call a caution, but, you're in last place if you call a caution" idea?

Also, the track roster coming up should help sway Evert's decision to use the handbrake in favour of "no." Handbrake turns don't work well on city circuits. They work well at the Nürburgring... (Yes, that IS a reference to my pass on Storm...)

MrMelancholy15
Ummm, I've seen bicycle lanes wider than Monaco. :P

So, is everyone okay with my "you may call a caution, but, you're in last place if you call a caution" idea?

Also, the track roster coming up should help sway Evert's decision to use the handbrake in favour of "no." Handbrake turns don't work well on city circuits. They work well at the Nürburgring... (Yes, that IS a reference to my pass on Storm...)

I think the 3 lane pedestrian roads they put in are wayy wider (walking,running and bikes)

And for cautions, we used to to "if it had 2 or more people, it's a caution" it worked quite well! Until a guy spun and someone half spun and everyone got their panties in a bunch... But you'll come up with a good system!

And since harrison hasn't been to a race yet, I'll be another steward ;)

And you can officially put me down for the civic!

I think the 3 lane pedestrian roads they put in are wayy wider (walking,running and bikes)

And for cautions, we used to to "if it had 2 or more people, it's a caution" it worked quite well! Until a guy spun and someone half spun and everyone got their panties in a bunch... But you'll come up with a good system!

And since harrison hasn't been to a race yet, I'll be another steward ;)

And you can officially put me down for the civic!

Right. Updating Driver's list now. Official welcome to the Team of Stewards!

EDIT** Updated, but, were you thinking of running on the Honda Factory team, or the Honda "satellite" team? (BTW, if you want to run the factory team, you and I will be teammates, and already have cars that match...)

MrMelancholy15
Right. Updating Driver's list now. Official welcome to the Team of Stewards!

Nice! I also believe I read somewhere that you said that Harrison is selling his wheel? Does that mean he's done? Should I take him off the list for Rolex? He asked me to ask you why he couldn't make Rolex Saturday, I forgot to ask you until now... Oops!

Nice! I also believe I read somewhere that you said that Harrison is selling his wheel? Does that mean he's done? Should I take him off the list for Rolex? He asked me to ask you why he couldn't make Rolex Saturday, I forgot to ask you until now... Oops!

What? He sent me a message saying his brother was playing MW2/MW3, because it was his birthday.

Also, no, he's getting a Logitech (G27 I think) and was planning on selling me his Driving Force GT for $50. And, I sold some kayaks today... But, my parents would kick me out of the house if I spent a penny on "the Xbox." God, I really hate their vocabulary... I got so sick of Xbox trolls. So, when my dad got the PS3, I was like "Wooohhhooo, no more trolls!"

MrMelancholy15
What? He sent me a message saying his brother was playing MW2/MW3, because it was his birthday.

Also, no, he's getting a Logitech (G27 I think) and was planning on selling me his Driving Force GT for $50. And, I sold some kayaks today... But, my parents would kick me out of the house if I spent a penny on "the Xbox." God, I really hate their vocabulary... I got so sick of Xbox trolls. So, when my dad got the PS3, I was like "Wooohhhooo, no more trolls!"

Alright! Looks like there may be two 15 year olds with g27's!

I'll probably put up those pictures that I put on the race report, with some arrows on them to make them look all telestraighter like! With some comments on them for some lulz.... Did I really just say lulz!?

Alright! Looks like there may be two 15 year olds with g27's!

I'll probably put up those pictures that I put on the race report, with some arrows on them to make them look all telestraighter like! With some comments on them for some lulz.... Did I really just say lulz!?

Apparently. Any word on your ideas for team? Or...?

MrMelancholy15
Apparently. Any word on your ideas for team? Or...?

To be honest, I couldn't care less about a team.... Perhaps thats just because I've been flying solo in Rolex. We already have matching cars, so let's make it official!

FlyinHawaiian77
Awwww...you guuuuuuuys. :lol:

Well this little gig we have may have just secured us the team championship, as we won't have any competition! Hopefully that'll change!

And if I recall, did I see a guy warming up in a tesla?!

Well this little gig we have may have just secured us the team championship, as we won't have any competition! Hopefully that'll change!

And if I recall, did I see a guy warming up in a tesla?!

Yeah. He was a troll. I kicked him. We could run the Tesla, it would probably be able to make it 'til the end of the race without running out of juice, but, I'm not letting randoms stay in my lobbies. We saw what happened with that random in the Infiniti G37 at Fuji...

MrMelancholy15
Yeah. He was a troll. I kicked him. We could run the Tesla, it would probably be able to make it 'til the end of the race without running out of juice, but, I'm not letting randoms stay in my lobbies. We saw what happened with that random in the Infiniti G37 at Fuji...

I had that guy lined up for a PERFECT P.I.T maneuver... But Seth kicked him -.-.....

Okay, so, photo blitz day wasn't perfect...

Still, though, I think this series is looking great!

I've spoken with James, (the guy who's too cool to be on my friend's list, who IS a part of this series) and he'll be coming to the next pre-season race, I imagine. SO, the grid rosters will be even bigger next week. I haven't spoken with Harrison yet, but, I hope he comes, too. That would put us at or above the 10 player mark, and we would only need 6 more, in order to have a full lobby. And, that would ensure that there's never a dull point in the racing, for anyone.

MrMelancholy15
Okay, so, photo blitz day wasn't perfect...

Still, though, I think this series is looking great!

I've spoken with James, (the guy who's too cool to be on my friend's list, who IS a part of this series) and he'll be coming to the next pre-season race, I imagine. SO, the grid rosters will be even bigger next week. I haven't spoken with Harrison yet, but, I hope he comes, too. That would put us at or above the 10 player mark, and we would only need 6 more, in order to have a full lobby. And, that would ensure that there's never a dull point in the racing, for anyone.

Well with 7 it was nuts! 10... Watch out!!!

MrMelancholy15
I guess, if we consider that Storm was trying to connect, and couldn't, that we had 8, but, only 7 on track. :)

Yea, I can't imagine 16!!! At cape ring, we thought turn one was tight... Just add 9 more cars going at it! Really fun, and scary, and I think we'd get a totally sweet crash! Or two... Well there's three races so probably three!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back