• One class

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Two classes

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant if we only bump the cars up to 400, then they will stay similar to what they are now ...

Multi-class would be the way to go ... exclude LMP's, Group C's and the high end cars ... maybe combining DTM's with the TC's, STC's and the likes ... I'm sure upgrading the FTO and Scoob STC will pick them up to 500hp ... the NSX might not hit 500 hp but it could have a lower weight ... just a suggestion ... think of the 90's version of Spa 24hr to get what I'm trying to say ...

@Runner ... I added you bud ;)

This is even confusing me. I don't want to take spots away from Bankfin. Bankfin's going well.

Let me work on a car list and post it up ... Bankfin drivers can make spot appearances if they wish to ... almost like an invitation seat ... so it's not taking away from Bankfin

Let me work on a car list and post it up ... Bankfin drivers can make spot appearances if they wish to ... almost like an invitation seat ... so it's not taking away from Bankfin

Or, what if we just ran Bankfin endurance events on longer tracks?

I say just add GT's like the one's I have in GT-Open. All of those are spec'd close together. Take a handful of those that have participated in VLN races before and add those as an upper class. Saves a lot of work!

I say just add GT's like the one's I have in GT-Open. All of those are spec'd close together. Take a handful of those that have participated in VLN races before and add those as an upper class. Saves a lot of work!

Or send this one off to Storm's new GT series, which, imaginably, also needs drivers, and combine THOSE two... I'm still tossing ideas about... But, I don't honestly know, Seth. Five continual drivers isn't enough for this series.

So, I'll put up options:

• Create a second class
  • Combine with Bankfin
  • Combine with another series (please specify)
  • Drop this series entirely

There's no reason to combine this series with that GT series you're speaking of. These are race cars (or touring cars), the other series is street cars. They may be faster, but that doesn't seem like a good mix. This is why I said just add the class above it, maybe SP9 class with GT3 type cars. Choose the cars from my GT-Open series that would be good additions and run them at the specs I set. I originally had the specs close to what they are in GT-Open in the ORIGINAL VLN thread. Which is where we first started racing together, if you recall, Mel. (Nitro and I were running/specing).

There's no reason to combine this series with that GT series you're speaking of. These are race cars (or touring cars), the other series is street cars.

I meant "replace these cars completely, with the cars from Storm's series, and have all of the current drivers sign up in that series." 💡 as in, transfer the drivers to that series, while cancelling this one, and replacing it, with something that might gain more interest.

Has anyone heard of or remember the old Group 5 'Special Production Cars' than ran in the World Championship for Makes and the World Endurance Championship from 1976 to 1982?
Ford Capri Turbo, BMW 320i Turbo, Toyota Celica Turbo, Lancia Stratos Turbo and Beta Montecarlo Turbo, Porsche 935 "Moby Dick"?

That is basically my suggestion with this series ... obviously we can't have ^those^ cars in the game, but we can use what's on offer ... Skyline R32/33/34 TC, RX-7 TC, Impreza STC, FTO STC, Altezza, etc in the top class, and 320i, IS200 GT-1, Silvia RM, etc in the lower class ... that's what I'm trying to get at ... make this an Endurance Championship with other "Touring Car Series" cars, but not combining it with anything ...

If you are still not sure what I'm talking about, then check on Wikipedia for Group 5 racing for the basics, then Google it for more info ...

I was really looking forward to this series and also have a friend who is a top class driver and highly motivated to race here, but the problem is I'm running out of time.

This friday I'll be attending the finnish rally and the week after that I move out to a completely new town and can't say when I'll be able to race again. The future looks uncertain so I can no longer guarantee that I can take part. I'll keep checking this thread from time to time in case it'll work out.

Well, there're only five people interested.

Instead of this, I might make a series from the following:

Clio/Lutecia Cup

MX-5/Spec Miata Cup

New Beetle Cup

Lupo Cup

Hey guys!

I'm cancelling this series. Despite having decent numbers registered, there's little interest, from those who actually come to races, and I don't want to "waste" any more of your time.

We'll still be running in touring car/low class racing, but just not in this series.

Here are some other series, you might be interested in:

Rallymorten's DTM series

My own ITCC series

NizmoDR3's Bankfin series (please note, it's full, temporarily, but spots will open up, and you can still sign up as a reserve!)

Finally, if you're REALLY interested in running endurance races, I'll be running a spot race, instead, with no points implications, and it will be between an hour or two, at the Nürburgring 24h circuit. If interested, PM me please. :)

Disheartening actually.

Look, right, I'm sorry that this series didn't work out. All that you're doing, right now, is rubbing it in my face, that GT5 doesn't have the sort of interest, from people who would do a 2h race.

Of course, I can't afford, nor find, another game with Nürburgring, time change, weather change, and equivalent cars, like GT5, so I guess there're just no options.

I'm sorry, if I've disappointed you, but, the GTP community kinda disappointed ME, too, because I really wanted to do this.

One of my life goals (bucket list items) is winning the 24h of the Nürburgring. I'm a bit upset by it, too, but, I can't organize a race for 5 people. It's not worth it.

Well I too feel disappointed that VLN didn't make it ... I know that I can't really have much of a say because of poor attendance ... but it did have potential ...

It's disheartening that it's canceled. I didn't blame you, just chill on that front.

No. You didn't directly blame me. I blamed myself. I still do. But, honestly, you're just making it worse. Again, please stop. I don't like thinking about the things I haven't succeeded in. There are very few things I've ever failed in. This is one of them, and I feel like 🤬 even without you reminding me.

You're acting weird, guy. I made it worse by saying it's too bad the series is canceled? lol, ok...

Ok guys ... please ... we've had enough from you two the past couple of days ... lets just call it a truce for a change ... PLEASE ...

Ok guys ... please ... we've had enough from you two the past couple of days ... lets just call it a truce for a change ... PLEASE ...

Please Seth? Stop attacking me... I don't appreciate what you've said in the ALMS thread, nor what you're saying here. I've asked you to stop. This is my thread, whether the series was cancelled, or not, and I would like to be able to move on from this series, as it honestly hurts, knowing that I actually failed at something. You know, that I've been itching for a VLN series on GT5, for a LONG time. I was in the original VLN thread, which also failed. I don't need you to patronize me, or continue to remind me of this failure.

You're acting weird, guy. I made it worse by saying it's too bad the series is canceled? lol, ok...

That's not an attack. That's my view of how you're acting to what I say. This may be 'your thread', but the idea was Nitrorocks and mine way before you thought about this. That's why I'm sad to see it go. I wish you'd stop assuming things that I'm saying as being directed towards you. That's why I said just chill on that front.

I hate to see this one end. This was my original idea for a series that I would create. I love this horsepower range with lots of downforce. Fun to drive and a challenge. I guess Bankfin has supplanted the series for now. I am all in for Bankfin now. I appreciate your time and efforts all who were part of the series. I know that I could have done more to draw interest here.

Mr.M, keep me informed if you decide to try it again or something simular. The car choices were pretty good. :)
Tyson

P.S.
Smile man, this is just a game. I don't see it as a failure, just lack of interest by other people. You're a good host. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back