Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Two classes

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^this^ ...

All day to build some funds and test some cars ...

Sweet deal! I'll be there, for as long as possible. Anyways, time to test a certain Team Phönix car, to see how up-to-date my year old tune is, and if you even try to join, I kick you. You may not know what for a car I'm planning on driving for my team. :)

That I wanna drive ... who cares what the competition wants to bring ... I'll still kill them with my consistency ... :D

That I wanna drive ... who cares what the competition wants to bring ... I'll still kill them with my consistency ... :D

Bis zur sechster Ecke! :lol:

I don't know what you call it in English, but, I remember you having an off on the first lap at Nürburgring GP/F, somewhere near the 6th corner.

Well ITCC at Nurb was not my best showing, but I reckon I'll shine in Bankfin ...

I meant in Bankfin. :lol: I think I was pressuring you too much. I tend to do that. :crazy: :ouch: :indiff: :ill: If only I could do it against people who weren't on my team!

I meant in Bankfin. :lol: I think I was pressuring you too much. I tend to do that. :crazy: :ouch: :indiff: :ill: If only I could do it against people who weren't on my team!

:lol: ... I got you a couple of times too ... while the big windgat boys fight for the lead, us Lexus boys have to fight each other ... :crazy:

:lol: ... I got you a couple of times too ... while the big windgat boys fight for the lead, us Lexus boys have to fight each other ... :crazy:

:ouch: Yeah. I tend to be a Windgat, too, because I can keep up with Seth & Driver, but, only when I'm on the same tires. I had nothing for them, at the start of the Tokyo race, because I chose to start on hards. Then, pit strategy allowed me on softs, while D 1 0 1 was on hards; I was able to prove myself right then and there. :)

Lexus is an absolute beast when on Soft's ... the way I left you behind at Monza yesterday was a dream ... Luckily I've figured out how to get 9/10 laps on the soft's with her ... was going to pit in at the end of my 9th lap at Monza for Hard's to see where I'd come out ... only to be DC'd halfway through my 9th lap ... :ouch:

What cars you have in mind? The Lexus DTM is kinda off the shelf, but Opel ran an old DTM car in VLN races a few years back. The Lexus is ~1300kg too, so it won't be overkill if you're looking to run GT types. With your strategy you'd be 2nd or 3rd. The pit stop delta is around 30 seconds, which I had you covered (gap was closing from 28 seconds).

Well I got the idea of keeping the current car line up in VLN and upping the power to say around 500hp or so ... I for one am sick of driving these cars at a low power ...

What cars you have in mind? The Lexus DTM is kinda off the shelf, but Opel ran an old DTM car in VLN races a few years back. The Lexus is ~1300kg too, so it won't be overkill if you're looking to run GT types. With your strategy you'd be 2nd or 3rd. The pit stop delta is around 30 seconds, which I had you covered (gap was closing from 28 seconds).

Of course, I noticed that you switched from your Subaru to a CR-Z at Monza; considering what happened in Nitro's VLN, it wouldn't really surprise me, if you did that, for, I don't know, more speed on the straights? 💡

I'd think 400hp is a better idea. They're much faster, but still manageable, and don't run off the tires like crazy. Plus not every car (NSX, S2000, BMW) goes that high. What the Subaru lacks in straight line speed, it makes up for in tire consistency and handling/braking. I won't give anything away but it wouldn't matter what car I used at Monza. When I said I spec'd the cars, you should have listened. And in actuality, I switched to the CR-Z to test it's tire wear, the race started before I could back out and change to the Subaru.

I've been interested in an endurance series for a while :) I'll make my entry official when I figure out which car I want to drive but I'm into it. Is there a 1 car per field max or is pick any car?

I've been interested in an endurance series for a while :) I'll make my entry official when I figure out which car I want to drive but I'm into it. Is there a 1 car per field max or is pick any car?

Well, the series is in a transitional stage now. The interest is... inaccurate. While 8 people have signed up, we rarely get 5 people to come to races. And, it's not worth two hours, driving with 4 other guys. So, we're looking at combining some series, or working with it, to gather more interest. In the meantime, I make no promises that this series isn't dead. :grumpy:

I'd think 400hp is a better idea. They're much faster, but still manageable, and don't run off the tires like crazy. Plus not every car (NSX, S2000, BMW) goes that high.

But then it still runs close to what we currently got at the moment ... I was thinking more of a Group A type of VLN ...

Well, the series is in a transitional stage now. The interest is... inaccurate. While 8 people have signed up, we rarely get 5 people to come to races. And, it's not worth two hours, driving with 4 other guys. So, we're looking at combining some series, or working with it, to gather more interest. In the meantime, I make no promises that this series isn't dead. :grumpy:

I understand. That does sound pretty boring lapping that long with virtually no field. :indiff:

Well I got the idea of keeping the current car line up in VLN and upping the power to say around 500hp or so ... I for one am sick of driving these cars at a low power ...

Now ur tallking :)

I'm still in this. Mr.M, u need to PM me when I'm on my Playstation and I'll run VLN cars & test with u guys. I test with fresh when I can for his GT Open series.

If I knew how to put links to these series's in my post, I'd advertise them to the other series's I belong to.

NizmoDr3, can I send u a friend request?

Last edited:
Now ur tallking :)

I'm still in this. Mr.M, u need to PM me when I'm on my Playstation and I'll run VLN cars & test with u guys. I test with fresh when I can for his GT Open series.

If I knew how to put links to these series's in my post, I'd advertise them to the other series's I belong to.

NizmoDr3, can I send u a friend request?

I can answer that for him; yes, you can add him. :lol: Nizmo's a good guy. He wouldn't mind.

But then it still runs close to what we currently got at the moment ... I was thinking more of a Group A type of VLN ...

I don't follow. First it was combining series. Now it's stand alone. Then it's two groups of cars, or one? You say up the power of the current cars, but of the current cars, only the RX7 and R32 get around 500hp. So which is it? Bump up the current cars and have two classes with the slower ones, keep the current cars as is and introduce new cars, bump the cars to around 400hp, or leave it as is?

I don't follow. First it was combining series. Now it's stand alone. Then it's two groups of cars, or one? You say up the power of the current cars, but of the current cars, only the RX7 and R32 get around 500hp. So which is it? Bump up the current cars and have two classes with the slower ones, keep the current cars as is and introduce new cars, bump the cars to around 400hp, or leave it as is?

I meant if we only bump the cars up to 400, then they will stay similar to what they are now ...

Multi-class would be the way to go ... exclude LMP's, Group C's and the high end cars ... maybe combining DTM's with the TC's, STC's and the likes ... I'm sure upgrading the FTO and Scoob STC will pick them up to 500hp ... the NSX might not hit 500 hp but it could have a lower weight ... just a suggestion ... think of the 90's version of Spa 24hr to get what I'm trying to say ...

@Runner ... I added you bud ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back