Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

XDesperado67
Try almost 11 years and yep its definitely a movie from after my times:lol:
Anyways looking forward to seeing what cars you try and your times.

Are you 45?... My god man... Does your ITR come with a swivel seat so u don't break a hip!??

-raVer-
That wasn´t nice :grumpy:

raVer

Oh, Raver, go put in some goa trance and chill, it's all in good fun. Couple army guys giving each-other some sh**. it's what were sposed to do. I'm sure he took no offense. I got nothin bit love for you guys.

Going to run it just ran out of Cr doing some farming, plus I'm haggling somebody for a Nitro Powered R/C car. Was going to grab a used PS3 but saw this Sick Modified Nitro Powered R/C 350Z hopefully this guy accepts my offer. I need a new Toy & scale Tuning will be fun. If he accepts it's a good hour and a half each way, so after 3 hours on the road I'll be messing with it most likely, not GT.

Are you 45?... My god man... Does your ITR come with a swivel seat so u don't break a hip!??
March '67 back when they still made real cars in Detroit.:sly: so I'll let you do the math. Course that might be tough for someone who volunteered to eat bugs in swamps and exit perfectly good airplanes while in flight.:lol:
^^^^LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL how d'ya feel now, old man :lol:
I feel great, the Jeep feels great, Bambi and friends though aren't doing so hot!:D
That wasn´t nice :grumpy:
raVer
Thanks for the backup raVer but I still have a few moves I can show them.:sly: Besides only the young punks like sin would prefer an ITR to a beautiful machine like the Citroên C4, and just wait till he gets a ride in Mjölnir to bad the hammer doesn't have enough top end for the challenge.:crazy:

XDesperado67
March '67 back when they still made real cars in Detroit.:sly: so I'll let you do the math. Course that might be tough for someone who volunteered to eat bugs in swamps and exit perfectly good airplanes while in flight.:lol:

I feel great, the Jeep feels great, Bambi and friends though aren't doing so hot!:D

Thanks for the backup raVer but I still have a few moves I can show them.:sly: Besides only the young punks like sin would prefer an ITR to a beautiful machine like the Citroên C4, and just wait till he gets a ride in Mjölnir to bad the hammer doesn't have enough top end for the challenge.:crazy:

Worms aren't technically bugs, they made me jump, (27 times) and don't you mean the citroen C44? (yrs old). Man, I'm funny.

How about driving sum cars guys?

In the meantime you talked alot , I gave my Copen another spin and pulled a

7:28.755

with at least 3secs left on the track.

raVer

raVer
Great stuff I'll update the OP.

As for driving that's what I've been doing half the night IRL just now got home from work.

So give me a couple minutes to grab breakfast and I'll fire up the PS3 to work on more tunes.:)👍👍

-raVer-

raVer

Nice!!! All In Good time. I'll be done here about 2300 my time.

Man I'm slow :( pulled 2 7:50's in a row with my RM Capp. Gonna take work to hit this. I'm gonna look for a Honda Beat. And pick up a Copen.

P.S. Dude took my offer (300$ & a Watch) for 2000$ Car and Mods plus complete kit & 2 engines. Nitro powered. Display case & all.

We are meeting later tonight so I'm doing my best in the mean time. This RM Capp doesn't seem like it's got enough oomph.

Would be nice to maintain consistency.

copen728.jpg

raVer

Onboy123
Nitro powered?!?? :D :embarrassed: how much power? 5hp? :lol: and isn't it...dangerous?

I don't think it has even that. 2.5 maybe. Upgraded engine and said to hit 100klm/h. Not Dangerous if used correctly. The Nitro looks like Coolaide lol. I used to have a WRX Impreza Nitro R/C back in 2000. Awesome things, and quite Tuneable. Going to have some fun with it, been on GT5 too much.

Am I doing alright with the Capp and it's just not up to the Task or can this thing get at least pushed 15 seconds faster?

Pretty disappointing RM..

I don't think it has even that. 2.5 maybe. Upgraded engine and said to hit 100klm/h. Not Dangerous if used correctly. The Nitro looks like Coolaide lol. I used to have a WRX Impreza Nitro R/C back in 2000. Awesome things, and quite Tuneable. Going to have some fun with it, been on GT5 too much.

Am I doing alright with the Capp and it's just not up to the Task or can this thing get at least pushed 15 seconds faster?

Pretty disappointing RM..
I think your pretty close to the cappuccino's limits especially with the extra drag from the aero stuff. Think properly tuned you might squeeze a couple more seconds out of a non RMed one but not sure.

And yeah despite its looks its performance is rather disappointing especially compared to the Cuore/Mira TR-XX and the Copen. Think even the Cervo outperforms the Cappuccino RM or at least they did in the Lightweight K Cup seasonal races on the Eifel track.

@raVer if you use a manual transmission you might try running a mid rpm turbo on the Cuore/Mira TR-XX. You'll gain around 15 HP and 50 ft-lbs of torque over the high rpm turbo. Drawback is that it arrives earlier and falls off quicker after peak. On the short tight Eifel track the times were about even but perhaps on the ring you could get a little more with it if you can keep it near peak most of the time.

Last edited:
I'm currently (possibly) working on an AZ-1 tune at the moment, as the second lightest and second-most powerful of the premiums it may be a little more up to doing what the Capp RM cannot...

I think your pretty close to the cappuccino's limits especially with the extra drag from the aero stuff. Think properly tuned you might squeeze a couple more seconds out of a non RMed one but not sure.

And yeah despite its looks its performance is rather disappointing especially compared to the Cuore/Mira TR-XX and the Copen. Think even the Cervo outperforms the Cappuccino RM or at least they did in the Lightweight K Cup seasonal races on the Eifel track.

@raVer if you use a manual transmission you might try running a mid rpm turbo on the Cuore/Mira TR-XX. You'll gain around 15 HP and 50 ft-lbs of torque over the high rpm turbo. Drawback is that it arrives earlier and falls off quicker after peak. On the short tight Eifel track the times were about even but perhaps on the ring you could get a little more with it if you can keep it near peak most of the time.

I use DS3 (D-Pad , X and Square) and Auto Tranny.

I´m used to it and it´s hard to give it up even if a DFGT lying around.

raVer

Of those Kei cars mentioned what has the best specs? I can't find a Best yet.

Here a pic from the add

7ca2dc71.jpg

Gonna Grab a Copen I guess for the moment, try that out. One of them faster then the other?

-raVer-
Only tried the Detachable Top.As far as I know the Active Top is a bit heavier.

raVer

Are we allowed the concept OFC-1? Or No.

The Capp RM is a POS, the Copen blows it away without RM, ridiculous. 140hp?!?? When the Copen touches 200, crazy.

Last edited:
Of those Kei cars mentioned what has the best specs? I can't find a Best yet.

Gonna Grab a Copen I guess for the moment, try that out. One of them faster then the other?

Are we allowed the concept OFC-1? Or No.
The Copen Active Top '02 maxed out (no wing) with a high rpm turbo has 475PP, 207HP, 147ft-lb torque@5400 rpm with a 9900rpm redline, and weighs 732kg with stage 3 weight reduction, windows and carbon fibre hood. Weight distribution is 63/37.

The Cuore/Mira TR-XX maxed out (no wing) with a high rpm turbo has 488PP, 194 HP, 142 ft-lb torque@5400 rpm with an 8900 rpm redline, and weighs 634kg with stage 3 weight reduction and windows. Weight distribution is 64/36.
Swaping the High RPM turbo for a Mid RPM turbo gets you 204HP and 199ft-lb torque@5400 rpm.
The High RPM turbo shows almost no drop in torque between peak and redline and the HP graphs as still climbing at redline. The Mid Rpm turbo graphs as both torque and HP droping off drastically from peak to redline.

The Copen can hit just over 160mph on the straight while the TR-XX only gets into the 150s I believe.

In my opinion the TR-XX is a better handling car and easier to set up to carve up the corners.

For what its worth all the insanely fast times posted for the lightweight k cup Eifel race were set by the TR-XX by cars hauling close to 200kg extra weight and HP and torque both reduced significantly by the power limiter.

Yes you can use the OFC-1 but don't bother. It's heavier than the Copen and makes a lot less HP.

Thanks for the Info Wallbanger.

Holly Crap!!!!!! Copen Active Top first lap no Tune hit 7:39 much room to spare. What's so surprising is not the time, but how much fun this damn lil car is to drive. It's great, fun like a jumbo go-kart. Must be what it's like to drive a Spec Miata. Won't ever be able to drive one of those :( .

Thanks for the Info Wallbanger.

Holly Crap!!!!!! Copen Active Top first lap no Tune hit 7:39 much room to spare. What's so surprising is not the time, but how much fun this damn lil car is to drive. It's great, fun like a jumbo go-kart. Must be what it's like to drive a Spec Miata. Won't ever be able to drive one of those :( .
It's to bad you can't do the seasonal races...ask Onboy what driving my Cuore TR-XX tune on the Eifel track there was like or look up his review in the Outlaw Garage. Done right the Kei cars are an absolute blast to drive.

Note: just added Onboy's review to my Cuore TR-XX tune so its easy to find:D

Last edited:
Hi ,this is my time in 3 aps 7'27"896, i don't have any "Cuore" or "detachable" things, but this one is fast too. Just need a few millesim for the other 6'30".. I go there....

copene.jpg

Hi ,this is my time in 3 aps 7'27"896, i don't have any "Cuore" or "detachable" things, but this one is fast too. Just need a few millesim for the other 6'30".. I go there....
Great job praiano I'll post your time in the OP and if you've published the tune I'll include a link to it.

The Detachable Top is more or less the same car just the UCD version.

The Cuore and the Mira are the exact same car the manufacturer simply gave it separate names in different markets. If you would like I can send you one after the refresh tonight.

The RM Cappy can possibly get near the goal time, but that'd be with a high-ranked WRS driver and a wheel. I'd say my upper-limit is 7'42 (going by sector times), but that'd be a flawless run. It carries a ton of speed through turns, to the point where I'm still over-braking on entrance.

I don't own the Mira, so I think I'll take a look at the tiny little TT-ripoff :P

This is a quick tune but it work OK for the ring, was not tested on others tracks.

DAIHATSU COPEN ACTIVE TOP ‘02

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 5545 (Stock)
3- Select top speed at 290 km/h =180,2 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 1929
2: 1411
3: 1071
4: 0841
5: 0684
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 268 km/h=166,5 mph