Wallbanger's Ring Masters Challenge (7/21/11, new challenge 10/17/11)

Then stop driving high powered FWD´s and go over to the Kei Cars. :)

raVer

Shoot you beat me to it!:crazy::D

I think everyone is scared that if they actually tune and drive a quick Kei car they might have to admit that they can be fun to drive.:lol:

I'll be taking part this time... most likely not with an FF (can't stand them when they're high-powered), but in a wee lil' one. Can't say no to my favourite course... :D

Shoot you beat me to it!:crazy::D

I think everyone is scared that if they actually tune and drive a quick Kei car they might have to admit that they can be fun to drive.:lol:

Yep,they´re very fun indeed.

I tried a half tuned Cervo but this thing is slooooooow as hell :lol:

raVer

CSLACR
I think I'm gonna give this a go without the driving line, to see what happens.

Oddly enough this is one track I don't use the line for... I think the last challenge with the SLR on gt4 seared the track into my brain. I looked up the track on google earth the other day and was following it around trying to find all the braking points.
I'm a dork. (or have WAY too much down time at the job. Lol)

I'll try again tomorrow. Too tired today, but i'm close close.....:)

srtj.jpg

I'll be taking part this time... most likely not with an FF (can't stand them when they're high-powered), but in a wee lil' one. Can't say no to my favourite course... :D
Welcome to the latest edition of Wallbanger madness SlipZtrEm. Glad to have you along for the ride.👍👍

By the way as I said in my OP if anyone else has an idea for a unique but difficult challenge please let me know and I'll likely include it in the OP. I like the oddball stuff especially and seeing people out of their normal rides enjoying the variety of vehicles available to us.
Yep,they´re very fun indeed.

I tried a half tuned Cervo but this thing is slooooooow as hell :lol:
raVer
The Cervo handles great fully tuned but like most Kei cars has a rather limited top speed. With one or two exceptions your not likely to see speeds over 130-140mph on the straight. The strength of the Kei cars, if you can call it that is their ability to carve through the corners when properly tuned. You'll need to make maximum use of that cornering ability to have a shot at my challenge time.

I managed to do the kei car challenge with 7:34.593 just barely under but hey it counts. Now if someone can tell me how to upload the pic from my camera I'll post it here.
Hey Desperado does this mean I get to tune my own prize car :lol: It was a good challenge but I'm glad it's over. Don't know if I can bring myself to drive those other ff's anymore though :cheers:

I managed to do the kei car challenge with 7:34.593 just barely under but hey it counts. Now if someone can tell me how to upload the pic from my camera I'll post it here.
Hey Desperado does this mean I get to tune my own prize car :lol: It was a good challenge but I'm glad it's over. Don't know if I can bring myself to drive those other ff's anymore though :cheers:
Sounds like you already tuned your own prize car.:lol:
Hope your planning to publish your winning tune in the garage.:sly:

As for the picture upload it to a website like Photobucket then copy the html code for it on that site into a post here with the
IM.G] code around it. Just remove that . and it should display here.

Sounds like you already tuned your own prize car.:lol:
Hope your planning to publish your winning tune in the garage.:sly:

As for the picture upload it to a website like Photobucket then copy the html code for it on that site into a post here with the [/IM.G] code around it. Just remove that . and it should display here.[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can manage to get the pic on here. I can publish the tune also.

[IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m533/acsr421/IMAG0059.jpg

Last edited:
Well, my first choice of Kei is 10sec off the goal time, but it was a pretty shoddy lap, and I'll admit to knowing very little about actual tuning. And I'm on my DS3. That said, it's a very fun car to drive, and I'm surprised how mobile it is in turns considering it's running RS tires...

I'll see if I can manage to get the pic on here. I can publish the tune also.

IMAG0059.jpg
Yes the Outlaws have yet another winner with our favorite Kei car!

Take it this uses the adjustments to the setup I had, that you sent along with the transmission?

Anyone gone to look at the aero add ons for the Cervo. The F1 wing looks bad ass.

As for any confusion over what is a Kei car, try and enter your car in a Kei car seasonal to see if it qualifies. The OFC might get a good run there.

Desperado said "Take it this uses the adjustments to the setup I had, that you sent along with the transmission?[/QUOTE]
Pretty close, I just made a few adjustments to it

I'M INNNNNNNNNNN!!! (As usual) I'm going for the Kei Car category, and I'll be using a Suzuki Cappuccino RM :D

Desperado said "Take it this uses the adjustments to the setup I had, that you sent along with the transmission?

Pretty close, I just made a few adjustments to it

Well post your version in the garage and I'll throw a link on here under your winning time I just added to the OP.

As a note I'll continue to add the winners to the OP along with a link to the tune used if published.
If your a hot driver but feel your lacking in the tuning of your car/s check out all the great tunes in the garages here in the forum. Just make sure to credit the Tuner so they can get the link and a bit of the glory.👍👍

Well post your version in the garage and I'll throw a link on here under your winning time I just added to the OP.

As a note I'll continue to add the winners to the OP along with a link to the tune used if published.
If your a hot driver but feel your lacking in the tuning of your car/s check out all the great tunes in the garages here in the forum. Just make sure to credit the Tuner so they can get the link and a bit of the glory.👍👍
Tune is up in the garage.

I am no good. Best time in the FF was 7:12.xxx in the ITR RM. Quick tune of the STR4 made it understeer badly. And I don't know how to setup a trans.
I will try the Kei cars tomorrow.

Lol this will mainly be for those WRS drivers, so I think we need the license style Gold/Silver/Bronze levels back, as I'm finding it very hard to crack into the 8:00:000 barrier in a Kei car (DON'T LAUGH :grumpy:) and finding it even harder not to rage! It's ridiculous, I've gone to the extremes of playing that easy-listening music you'd hear in Starbucks and have even painted my car in that Volvo pale blue and I'm still not calm!! :grumpy: :mad: :dopey: :lol:

Tune is up in the garage.
I linked your tune in the OP and took the liberty of giving it a name.:D Now if you'll put it up for share BryCivicSi might be kind enough to take a picture or two of it to go along with your tune.

I'll be starting the Kei challenge now in a...special car, and will snap a pic of my lap time :D
Glad to see you joining the festivities Dragonthing. Can't wait to see your car.:)
I am no good. Best time in the FF was 7:12.xxx in the ITR RM. Quick tune of the STR4 made it understeer badly. And I don't know how to setup a trans.
I will try the Kei cars tomorrow.
You could always borrow the SRT4 I've got up for share...if we're lucky CSLACR didn't wipe out their tinkering with it when they ran a 6:37.xxx:sly: Think CSLACR posted the settings for it somewhere though so you might be able to use those.

Lol this will mainly be for those WRS drivers, so I think we need the license style Gold/Silver/Bronze levels back, as I'm finding it very hard to crack into the 8:00:000 barrier in a Kei car (DON'T LAUGH :grumpy:) and finding it even harder not to rage! It's ridiculous, I've gone to the extremes of playing that easy-listening music you'd hear in Starbucks and have even painted my car in that Volvo pale blue and I'm still not calm!! :grumpy: :mad: :dopey: :lol:

That's because your using the wrong car Onboy!
Either my tune or ACSR421 tune of the Cuore/Mira TR-XX should get it done, and I'm pretty sure my Copen Active top tune stands a good shot at making the time since the Wallbanger here did a green lap in 7:51.xxx with it despite his horrible driving.:D

I keep telling people but no one wants to listen...the Cappuccino RM is one of the slowest Kei cars. Especially with that useless wing creating drag.

That's because your using the wrong car Onboy!
Either my tune or ACSR421 tune of the Cuore/Mira TR-XX should get it done, and I'm pretty sure my Copen Active top tune stands a good shot at making the time since the Wallbanger here did a green lap in 7:51.xxx with it despite his horrible driving.:D

I keep telling people but no one wants to listen...the Cappuccino RM is one of the slowest Kei cars. Especially with that useless wing creating drag.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again, because

1) It looks SOOOOOOOOO coool!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2) You need grip on the 'Ring, and here's a simple maths equation:

Downforce + RS tyres = Huge grip = faster lap times

or……

Downforce + RS tyres = Grip and drag = Onboy does not anything about tuning (this is most probable, I've been reviewing tunes/cars with tunes on them since my second post here, and haven't learnt a damn thing :D)

Since GT5's penalty system seems to be having a Forza moment, I think I'm likely to snap a controller before I finish this. Apprently I'm not allowed to let a single wheel off the track >_<

Wrong, wrong and wrong again, because

1) It looks SOOOOOOOOO coool!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2) You need grip on the 'Ring, and here's a simple maths equation:

Downforce + RS tyres = Huge grip = faster lap times

or……

Downforce + RS tyres = Grip and drag = Onboy does not anything about tuning (this is most probable, I've been reviewing tunes/cars with tunes on them since my second post here, and haven't learnt a damn thing :D)
Okay I'll concede that since the cappuccino is a FR the wing might be of marginal value. However a well tuned Kei car on RS tires should have more than enough grip even for the green hell.
Kei Car Part 2

1st try with another Kei Car:

The time was...tara...

7:33.002

raVer
Great job raVer post a picture on here of the lap time and we'll make it Outlaw tuners 2 the rest of the planet 0 VS the Ring
Car is up on share now.
Great I'll send BryCivicSi a pm asking him to photograph it.

I'm pretty much out of this challenge...I cannot physically beat 7:50 in any of my cars, and the penalty system is going to make me scream very very soon. Maybe I'll return, maybe not, but I really am not a good enough driver for this challenge. Sorry to dissapoint everyone

I really don't want to have to move to one of the FF Keis, but yeah, the Cappy just won't cut it, at least not with me behind the wrenches and wheel. It's a lot of fun though, which I tend to value more these days since I've lost pace compared to the aliens out there from GT2 and GT3 times...

I tuned a handful of other cars, so I'll be taking them out during the week to see what they can manage. One hit 158 BHP, which I assume will overcome it's weight penalty on such a power-favouring track.

Back